RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 11 2019,22:08   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Feb. 11 2019,17:01)
Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 11 2019,18:00)
Quote (Henry J @ Feb. 11 2019,12:03)
Was he trying to imitate China with this wall thing?

No.  Berlin.

That comment takes my breath away.

I hate you.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Tony M Nyphot

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 11 2019,22:59   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Feb. 11 2019,18:01)
Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 11 2019,18:00)

Quote (Henry J @ Feb. 11 2019,12:03)
Was he trying to imitate China with this wall thing?

No.  Berlin.

That comment takes my breath away.

I read this riding on the Metro.

--------------
"I, OTOH, am an underachiever...I either pee my pants or faint dead away..." FTK

"You could always wrap fresh fish in the paper you publish it on, though, and sell that." - Field Man on how to find value in Gary Gaulin's real-science "theory"

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2019,22:00   

I've checked in at UD for the last couple of days but I haven't posted anything because largely they've just been sitting around babbling about whether or not IUDs cause Bortions etc.

Behe just put out a new moneymaker, they can barely get a conversation going about it. Are just none of them going to read it? Have they just basically given up?

maybe some transgender student will try to do something normal and Barry will get that old fire in the belly again. :D

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 14 2019,15:52   

I'm sure someone has already photoshopped Behe dressed to perform as Mark Mothersbaugh...

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 14 2019,23:17   

Anyone catch this amazing bit of dishonesty by Behe over at EN&V?

Behe is mad because reviewers from Science trashed his new propaganda book.  One of Behe's main claims is that ALL mutations break or degrade existing functions.  When the reviewers pointed out this is simply not true Behe responded by calling them incompetent and posting a table from a paper on mutations which supposedly supports his claim.  All the entries showed mutation possibly or probably damaging functions.  You can see Behe's table here:

Coyne and Polar Bears: Why You Should Never Rely on Incompetent Reviewers

The problem is Behe deliberately cut out parts of the table which didn't support his claim and actually rebutted it.  The actual table is shown here

What a dick.   I can't remember the last time I saw an IDiot be that blatantly dishonest.    :angry:

HT to the reviewers at Peaceful Science for catching this.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 15 2019,06:41   

Denyse has Some thoughts on the hatchet review of Behe’s Darwin Devolves in Science. In the first paragraph she confuses the word "much" with "little":
There’s been so much attention around reviews of Darwin Devolves recently that one wonders if anyone who hasn’t read biochemist Michael Behe’s book already will stop to do so.

After which she explains that Behe's book is like the nukes that were dropped on Japan in 1945 - apparently they were so devastating they persuaded the Japanese to totally change their culture. I'm not sure about the analogy - I suspect Behe won't cause the destruction of several academic departments. Darwin Devolves is probably more like a stink bomb: you either condemn it as crass, or politely pretend to ignore it until the stench wafts away.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 15 2019,07:41   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Feb. 15 2019,00:17)
]

What a dick.   I can't remember the last time I saw an IDiot be that blatantly dishonest.    :angry:

Sharon Maloney can remember someone lying that bad.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 15 2019,17:21   

Mung February 15, 2019 at 9:16 am.  

It shows the social power of Darwinism, irrespective of intellectual force.

Darwinism is dead. It was also falsified in 1968.

whew! Good to know! Everyone can just go home now :-D

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 15 2019,19:25   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 06 2019,00:52)
On the other hand, there are a lot of surplus Jokes in every society.  Can someone who still posts on UD ask Joke if he's EVER been laid?

This question would be rhetorical. We all know Joke lies constantly about who and what he is.

His latest attention-whoring-yet-to-be-banned Discus username is "sombodysdad" so it follows, much like "Paul the Muslim" was neither Paul nor Muslim, Joke is not somebody's dad let alone been laid.

Rumor has it though that he went on a date one time with Sharon Maloney. But you don't know her. She's from Canada.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 15 2019,22:13   

Most of the once active ID blogs closed up shop years ago. PCID is dead. "BioComplexity" has published 4 fake research papers in 2 years. UD would be the same except Barry's paying Dense to post 4 hit and run blurbs a day. The comments are dominated by a handful of wack jobs like kf and bs77. Sherrie-Joe runs from site to site babbling the same dumb lines. dembski's gone, behe's trying to swipe the last few bucks those chumps have left, school boards aren't even trying to hide the creationism anymore and even they seem to have mostly given up.

ID Creationism is just dead.

The only pseudoscience with any real hot energy right now are the anti-vaxxers. And they're just more dumb and blinkered than malicious assholes like the creationists tend to be, so I don't really get any joy when they fail.

Maybe in a few years something new will come along that will give the creationists a rebirth.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 16 2019,09:16   

Brother Brian February 15, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Getting back to the idea that abortificants (IUD) murder children, what exactly is being murdered? A few undifferentiond cells? A human being with a unique soul? And, to really mess with the mind, if the soul is imbued at conception, do identical twins have half a soul? And in the instances where one embryo absorbs it’s twin, does the resulting baby have two souls?

lol

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 16 2019,09:48   

Quote (Lethean @ Feb. 15 2019,19:25)

On the other hand, there are a lot of surplus Jokes in every society.  Can someone who still posts on UD ask Joke if he's EVER been laid?

This question would be rhetorical. We all know Joke lies constantly about who and what he is.

His latest attention-whoring-yet-to-be-banned Discus username is "sombodysdad" so it follows, much like "Paul the Muslim" was neither Paul nor Muslim, Joke is not somebody's dad let alone been laid.

Rumor has it though that he went on a date one time with Sharon Maloney. But you don't know her. She's from Canada.

I heard that hussy Sharon Mahoney (not Maloney) is a real slut.   Just last week rumor had it she was caught in a group grope with ET, somebodysdad, Frankie, and Virgil Cain.   :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 17 2019,15:28   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Feb. 16 2019,09:48)

Quote (Lethean @ Feb. 15 2019,19:25)

I heard that hussy Sharon Mahoney (not Maloney) is a real slut.   Just last week rumor had it she was caught in a group grope with ET, somebodysdad, Frankie, and Virgil Cain.   :D

And here I thought she finally stopped cheating when she started dating FrisbeeKid. Who, if IIRC, is Joke's email security challenged dad.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 17 2019,16:08   

Uncommon Descent appears to be rising to JoeG's defence.  They've opened a new thread entitled Be Kind To ET.  He is Some People's Diety.  I haven't opened it yet because I'm not on a deit.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 17 2019,16:21   

Ooohhh!  ET just answered!  He throws new light on the 'Has Joe ever been laid' question.   
ET February 17, 2019 at 11:47 am

Daddy, not deity. Although I am called Papa, except when they are yelling, and then its DAAAAAD.

He should go on a deit.  Or at least wipe that Cheesy Puff dust off his face.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 17 2019,16:26   

And Batshit77 gas also chimed in:
As a Christian who has seen a few answered prayers during my life, I find it strange that the SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) organization spends millions of dollars vainly searching for signs of extra-terrestrial life in this universe, when all anyone has to do to make solid contact with THE primary 'extra-terrestrial intelligence' of the entire universe is to pray with a sincere heart.

But it turned out that he was talking to himself.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 18 2019,07:55   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 18 2019,00:26)
As a Christian who has seen a few answered prayers during my life, I find it strange that the SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) organization spends millions of dollars vainly searching for signs of extra-terrestrial life in this universe, when all anyone has to do to make solid contact with THE primary 'extra-terrestrial intelligence' of the entire universe is to pray with a sincere heart.

But...but.....the voices? They keep saying  to keep typing....keep typing....... and I do.

At least schizophrenic psychosis is a logical scenario of what's going on in batshit77's mind unless he is actually just an absolute moron.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 18 2019,10:34   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 17 2019,16:26)

The unspoken justification for the "vainly searching" is of course because Yaweh would have bothered to mention it in Ye Olde Scripture.

ASSF

Reminds me of the affidavit/declaration of Lawrence Woodcraft. He was an architect hired to plan renovations on Scientology's fifth ship the Freewinds. He spotted what he thought was blue asbestos, known to be the worst of the worst in the asbestos family, and then verified it via the ships original blueprints.

Hubbard's phony navy called the Sea Org, crew who are really just volunteer slave labor 99.9% of whom have no ship or maritime experience whatsoever, had already begun tearing some things out and the shit was swilling around and contaminating the ship. When Woodcraft went to the higher ups and warn them about how dangerous this was it was finally David Miscavige's sister in law that had the final say. It was to be ignored because Hubbard had only mentioned that fiberglass was dangerous and obviously there was nothing wrong or dangerous about asbestos or else L.Ron would have written or warned them about it before he left his body at will to "continue his work". Who knows how many SO members and long term Scientologists visiting for their magical OTVIII level were exposed to that shit. It is thought to have contaminated everything including the ships ventilation systems.

That was in 1987 and the last time I heard anything about the Freewinds was around 2008 when the ship had been put into dry dock somewhere in the Caribbean for more renovations. An external crew hired for the heavy work discovered the asbestos and ship got locked down and quarantined by the local maritime authorities with the cult leaders continually denying that it was even asbestos at all. No further information seems to be out there on the status of the ship since that event.

Anyway, same logic at play here.

"Why bother," retorted Philip "I'm all about the science" Cunningham

--------------

~Dave Hawkins~

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 18 2019,11:39   

Quote (k.e.. @ Feb. 18 2019,07:55)
At least schizophrenic psychosis is a logical scenario of what's going on in batshit77's mind unless he is actually just an absolute moron.

The two conditions aren't mutually exclusive.  Just sayin...

--------------

clamboy

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 18 2019,16:38   

Quote (Lethean @ Feb. 18 2019,10:34)
Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 17 2019,16:26)

The unspoken justification for the "vainly searching" is of course because Yaweh would have bothered to mention it in Ye Olde Scripture.

ASSF

Reminds me of the affidavit/declaration of Lawrence Woodcraft. He was an architect hired to plan renovations on Scientology's fifth ship the Freewinds. He spotted what he thought was blue asbestos, known to be the worst of the worst in the asbestos family, and then verified it via the ships original blueprints.

Hubbard's phony navy called the Sea Org, crew who are really just volunteer slave labor 99.9% of whom have no ship or maritime experience whatsoever, had already begun tearing some things out and the shit was swilling around and contaminating the ship. When Woodcraft went to the higher ups and warn them about how dangerous this was it was finally David Miscavige's sister in law that had the final say. It was to be ignored because Hubbard had only mentioned that fiberglass was dangerous and obviously there was nothing wrong or dangerous about asbestos or else L.Ron would have written or warned them about it before he left his body at will to "continue his work". Who knows how many SO members and long term Scientologists visiting for their magical OTVIII level were exposed to that shit. It is thought to have contaminated everything including the ships ventilation systems.

That was in 1987 and the last time I heard anything about the Freewinds was around 2008 when the ship had been put into dry dock somewhere in the Caribbean for more renovations. An external crew hired for the heavy work discovered the asbestos and ship got locked down and quarantined by the local maritime authorities with the cult leaders continually denying that it was even asbestos at all. No further information seems to be out there on the status of the ship since that event.

Anyway, same logic at play here.

"Why bother," retorted Philip "I'm all about the science" Cunningham

L'il Davie M had himself ego-photoed in the bowels of the Freewind a year or two ago as a publicity stunt for the faithful. If you know anything about the past 15 years of, as they say, $cntlgy, the fact that he was wearing his wedding ring ought to make you cringe in disgust.

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 19 2019,12:31   

Quote (clamboy @ Feb. 18 2019,16:38)
L'il Davie M had himself ego-photoed in the bowels of the Freewind a year or two ago as a publicity stunt for the faithful. If you know anything about the past 15 years of, as they say, $cntlgy, the fact that he was wearing his wedding ring ought to make you cringe in disgust.

To be honest, neither of those things surprise me in the least.

When it comes to Shelly though I'm of the opinion she's still alive for better or, more likely, worse. While I believe Little D is entirely capable and willing to have someone disappeared he's the kind of power tripping sadist that would much prefer to have her mentally scrambled and kept under his tiny boot.

I have to ask, any chance your nick here is related to the subject at hand? I realize it's probably not but the thought amuses me.

--------------

~Dave Hawkins~

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 20 2019,17:48   

Dense is claiming ID prediction success.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 20 2019,22:14   

I wonder who has the higher word count? Batshit 77 babbling ignorantly about quantum mechanics, or Kairosfocus babbling about pregnancy conception abortion iuds etcetera. Dude's got a severe preoccupation about women and sex.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 20 2019,22:32   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Feb. 15 2019,00:17)
Anyone catch this amazing bit of dishonesty by Behe over at EN&V?

Behe is mad because reviewers from Science trashed his new propaganda book.  One of Behe's main claims is that ALL mutations break or degrade existing functions.  When the reviewers pointed out this is simply not true Behe responded by calling them incompetent and posting a table from a paper on mutations which supposedly supports his claim.  All the entries showed mutation possibly or probably damaging functions.  You can see Behe's table here:

Coyne and Polar Bears: Why You Should Never Rely on Incompetent Reviewers

The problem is Behe deliberately cut out parts of the table which didn't support his claim and actually rebutted it.  The actual table is shown here

Steven novella and Cara Santa Maria were saying the other day that Behe was just delusional, but I think that table shows that he's deliberately lying.

clamboy

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 21 2019,00:32   

Quote (Lethean @ Feb. 19 2019,12:31)
Quote (clamboy @ Feb. 18 2019,16:38)

To be honest, neither of those things surprise me in the least.

When it comes to Shelly though I'm of the opinion she's still alive for better or, more likely, worse. While I believe Little D is entirely capable and willing to have someone disappeared he's the kind of power tripping sadist that would much prefer to have her mentally scrambled and kept under his tiny boot.

I have to ask, any chance your nick here is related to the subject at hand? I realize it's probably not but the thought amuses me.

My moniker was given to me by a friend who was familiar with my home town, which is famous for its clams, the seafood, long before I became interested in the goings-on of CoS.

But the whole Shelly M deal is just so...horrid. Why can't Davie just let her out? What actual harm would it do to their numbers? Your use of the word "sadist" strikes me as quite accurate.

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 21 2019,01:09   

Haha - over on one of the Behe threads Tjguy has a revelation, beginning his comment with:
In some ways, Behe’s idea that evolution is a downwards process fits quite nicely with creation science.

What a coincidence - who’d have thought?
linky

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 21 2019,21:56   

Speaking of liars, Barry tells a whopper in the How do you know an AI advocate is shining you on? thread:

Barry, third sentence in the OP: "As I have discussed before, we cannot in principle “know” that even other humans are conscious; far less can we know that an AI is conscious."

Barry in Reply 4: " Ed said that I said: “After all, you have already admitted that we can’t say with certainty that other humans aren’t conscious (or that they are conscious).”
What I actually said: “We infer others’ consciousness to a very high degree of certainty. We are indeed, “morally certain” that other people are not mere meat machines.”
This makes Ed a liar. Ed, what I said is right up there for everyone to see. If you are going to tell lies, at least don’t insult our intelligence when you are doing it."

Me: Barry, you're a liar.  You're also a slanderer for calling Ed a liar. (Psalm 101:5)
To Ed George: Why do you put up with this shit?

Also to Ed George: I suggest you ask Barry WHO says some AI is concious?  And WHICH AI is conscious?  Also, remind him that the engine in his car is a metal based machine and  nobody suggests that it's conscious.  Why does this surprise him?

P.S. In the OP, the words "discussed before" are a link to another article by Barry, "We Cannot, In Principle, “Know” Whether A Machine Is Conscious".

P.P.S. Now that Behe has shown the way, I think we'll be seeing lots more bald-faced lies on UD.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 21 2019,22:16   

Reminds me of an old saying - A.I. is no match for N.S.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 22 2019,11:22   

They're now putting ads between the comments at UD. Methinks the end is nigh.

Edited by stevestory on Feb. 22 2019,12:22

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 22 2019,16:08   

Quote (stevestory @ Feb. 22 2019,11:22)
They're now putting ads between the comments at UD. Methinks the end is nigh.

I know those guys are gullible, but how can the readership of that blog be worth spending money to advertise on?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 373 374 375 376 377 [378] 379 380 381 382 383 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]