RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,11:30   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 15 2016,11:16)
it's been 12 years or so since my Modern Algebra class, but it would be fun to fuck with virgil on his relative cardinality bullshit. My last 2 attempts to create socks failed. But it would be fun. I'd ask him if multiplying each element of a set by 2 increases the number of elements. Then i'd ask him to explain how {1,2,3,4...} has more elements than {2,4,6,8...}....

The answer is simple, you pathetic dickwad. 2+4+6+8=20, and 1+2+3+4=10, so one set is obviously twice as big as the other. You probably also think that ice is water and frequency doesn't equal wavelength, you idiot evo child molester.*

*I apologize for calling you an idiot evo child molester and a pathetic dickwad, but if you had not provoked me I wouldn't have done it, you ignorant asswipe.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,11:39   

One legged man shows up late for an ass kicking contest.

Barry ArringtonMarch 15, 2016 at 9:48 am
UD Editors: Virgil Cain is in moderation until he apologizes for inappropriate tone and refusal to heed warnings.

What? WHAT? Joe's notpology v1.0 not acceptable?

Version 2.0 won't be much better.

ETA: ...there's the quick and the dead..

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,11:43   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 15 2016,12:16)
it's been 12 years or so since my Modern Algebra class, but it would be fun to fuck with virgil on his relative cardinality bullshit. My last 2 attempts to create socks failed. But it would be fun. I'd ask him if multiplying each element of a set by 2 increases the number of elements. Then i'd ask him to explain how {1,2,3,4...} has more elements than {2,4,6,8...}....

Joe is continuing his mathrobatics at TSZ under the sock "Frankie".  You're welcome to join us there.

http://theskepticalzone.com/wp....sfinite

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,12:36   

Bonus tard from yesterday: in response to Aleta posting a proof that there are infinitely many primes, JoeVirgil is implying here and in subsequent posts that the only way to prove there is an infinite number of primes is to find an infinite number of primes.
But there is also a proof that there can’t be a largest prime.

No one has validated the proof.
And yes they may exist but if you don’t know what they are you cannot claim a one-to-one correspondence.

Poor Joe.  Denied the Fields Medal by the banhammer.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,12:44   

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ Mar. 15 2016,12:30)
*I apologize for calling you an idiot evo child molester and a pathetic dickwad, but if you had not provoked me I wouldn't have done it, you ignorant asswipe.

I don't understand why you're allowed to give entire kindergarten classes herpes, but I'm not allowed to mention that fact. Wesley is a censorious jerkface.  :angry:

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,12:45   

Virgil (Joe?) 's notpology really did feel like that.  :p

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,13:13   

No longer with us (again):
1030 Virgil Cain March 15, 2016 at 10:47 am
Virgil Cain is in moderation for responding in kind to his attackers. What kind of moderation punishers the responder and not the people who provokes him with lies, bluffs and personal attacks?

Surely not Christians…

UD Editors: We are releasing this comment from moderation in connection with a permanent ban of VC. All commenters should be aware that the surest and fastest way to be shown the exit from these pages is to cast aspersions on our faith.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,14:29   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 15 2016,13:13)
No longer with us (again):
1030 Virgil Cain March 15, 2016 at 10:47 am
Virgil Cain is in moderation for responding in kind to his attackers. What kind of moderation punishers the responder and not the people who provokes him with lies, bluffs and personal attacks?

Surely not Christians…

UD Editors: We are releasing this comment from moderation in connection with a permanent ban of VC. All commenters should be aware that the surest and fastest way to be shown the exit from these pages is to cast aspersions on our faith.

I thought that ID wasn't about religion? Silly me.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,14:55   

Is UD also "DBA Arbor Ministries"?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,15:53   

Bornagain!

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,16:15   

All commenters should be aware that the surest and fastest way to be shown the exit from these pages is to cast aspersions on our faith.

In the meantime pseudoscience, demonology, levitation, end-times prophecy, biblically-based AI, Youtube sermons and songs, threats of physical violence....all these are OK.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,16:20   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 15 2016,21:53)
Bornagain!

Follow his facebook links and hear the man himself!!!

https://www.facebook.com/philip.....theater

He sounds exactly as you'd imagine a late middle-age recovering alcoholic Jesus freak to sound.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,17:14   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 15 2016,16:20)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 15 2016,21:53)
Bornagain!

Follow his facebook links and hear the man himself!!!

He sounds exactly as you'd imagine a late middle-age recovering alcoholic Jesus freak to sound.

He is only a self-carved swastika away from Manson.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,19:10   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 15 2016,15:53)
Bornagain!

Maybe he was waiting for Joe G to get the boot before returning.   UD may have maxed out its quota of insufferable assholes.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,20:34   

There's a quota of those?

paragwinn

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,21:58   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 15 2016,18:34)
There's a quota of those?

of course. Barry A doesnt want to get upstaged by a crowd of them.

--------------
All women build up a resistance [to male condescension]. Apparently, ID did not predict that. -Kristine 4-19-11
F/Ns to F/Ns to F/Ns etc. The whole thing is F/N ridiculous -Seversky on KF footnote fetish 8-20-11
Sigh. Really Bill? - Barry Arrington

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2016,09:32   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 15 2016,20:10)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 15 2016,15:53)
Bornagain!

Maybe he was waiting for Joe G to get the boot before returning.   UD may have maxed out its quota of insufferable assholes.

the timing is awfully coincidental.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2016,14:35   

GaryGaulin

March 16, 2016 at 1:16 pm

KF:

Here is my quick primer on basics of straight thinking:

Garbage like that would have made me want out of whatever useless science classroom would consider that crap to be “science”.

You are trying to teach how to blindly believe whatever you call “evidence” and accept theories that explain how NOTHING works, no testable model in them at all. That’s sad. Poor students.

You must really hate science, and badly want to destroy it.
linky

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2016,15:00   

Has Cornelius Hunter lost his OP posting privileges at UD? His last OP at Darwin's God was not simultaneously posted at UD, as his previous ones were.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 17 2016,06:07   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 16 2016,15:00)
Has Cornelius Hunter lost his OP posting privileges at UD? His last OP at Darwin's God was not simultaneously posted at UD, as his previous ones were.

Judging by The 12 Points of Evolution post, perhaps someone at UD has some kind of a faint clue.

Naah.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 17 2016,09:17   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Mar. 17 2016,06:07)

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 16 2016,15:00)

Judging by The 12 Points of Evolution post, perhaps someone at UD has some kind of a faint clue.

Naah.

Cornhole Hunter has a new OP up at Evolution Spews and Snooze.  It's the same rehashed lies and bullshit he's been preaching for years.  Wouldn't surprise me if Banny Arrogant was tired of him and yanked his UD privileges.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

tsig

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 19 2016,15:34   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 11 2016,13:09)
Today's steaming pile of what-the-fuck is brought to you by, well, who do you think?
847 Virgil Cain March 11, 2016 at 10:58 am
ncorrect. ‘ellazimm’ was mine BEFORE ‘Jerad’. I switched because KF thought I was a woman.

You act like a woman.

...from which I think we can conclude that women kick Joe up the arse on a regular basis.  Probably in army boots.

He wishes.

If only he could have met Corporal Kate.

tsig

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 19 2016,15:43   

Quote (Quack @ Mar. 15 2016,09:25)
If I make the not unwarranted assumption that those people represent something like the spearhead of the Sisyphusian effort of not only to defend but even to propagate the  glory of inventions made up by Dembski and Behe, like IRC, CSI, et cetera, I don't se any prospect of them reaching their goal before hell freezes over.

Are they stupid, insane, or both? Wilfully ignorant and uninformed, certainly. And orphaned by Dembski.

Dempskies' new career as a purveyor of fine fries doesn't leave him much opportunity to network.

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 20 2016,12:39   

Quote (tsig @ Mar. 19 2016,15:43)

If I make the not unwarranted assumption that those people represent something like the spearhead of the Sisyphusian effort of not only to defend but even to propagate the  glory of inventions made up by Dembski and Behe, like IRC, CSI, et cetera, I don't se any prospect of them reaching their goal before hell freezes over.

Are they stupid, insane, or both? Wilfully ignorant and uninformed, certainly. And orphaned by Dembski.

Dempskies' new career as a purveyor of fine fries doesn't leave him much opportunity to network.

Ummm, teh fine fries...

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 20 2016,12:44   

But finally he is being immensely more productive than when he was bullshitting for Jesus.

Fries don't lie, neither when they're being so delicious, nor when they're bulging fat clinging to your body.

Glen Davidson

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 20 2016,12:58   

Quote (Glen Davidson @ Mar. 20 2016,12:44)

But finally he is being immensely more productive than when he was bullshitting for Jesus.

Fries don't lie, neither when they're being so delicious, nor when they're bulging fat clinging to your body.

Glen Davidson

There is something to be said for the fine tuning of deep fryer oil temperature.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 20 2016,18:00   

Mapou

March 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Denis Lamoureux is an idiot. Just like Krauss.

linky

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 20 2016,18:31   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 20 2016,18:00)

Mapou

March 20, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Denis Lamoureux is an idiot. Just like Krauss.

linky

Perhaps he was responding to this:        
11 GaryGaulin March 20, 2016 at 12:03 pm

After having seen most of it: I have to say that Denis Lamoureux did surprisingly well. Years ago we were by email discussing things related to science and ID. Even back then he seemed to parallel my thoughts.

If I thought somebody's thoughts paralleled Gary Gaulin's, I'd call him an idiot too.  Also, remember that Mapou lives in a universe where all motion is impossible, including those impulses moving along nerve fibers which make intelligent thought possible.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2016,20:43   

How can somebody live in a universe where motion is impossible? Doesn't life sort of depend on motion, at least enough of it to move nutrients in and waste products out? (That's what flagella are for, after all! ) :p

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 22 2016,00:35   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 21 2016,20:43)
How can somebody live in a universe where motion is impossible? Doesn't life sort of depend on motion, at least enough of it to move nutrients in and waste products out? (That's what flagella are for, after all! ) :p

We are all walking decaying human poop tubes on the hunt.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]