RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,10:57   

Quote (improvius @ July 18 2006,15:48)

Quote (stevestory @ July 18 2006,15:31)
Yeah, it's off-sides. Not as bad as Arden and K.E.'s little exchange, though.

Yeah, but that doesn't really bother me.  I think Dave opened the door for that kind of crap himself, what with the "girly man", "rumors", and similar posts.

But there's just something about going after a woman based on her looks that just seems over the line to me.

I agree completely.

We can start by discussing the interesting fact that Dembski never seems to put anyone with any life science credentials in charge of his blog. First a retired Marine with a subscription to Scientific American, now a Canadian fundy 'journalist'. No one even vaguely resembling a biologist has ever seemed to have any control over his blog, or, for that matter, his books. Is there perhaps a reason for this?

So now that DT the agnostic wingnut is deposed, and he's been replaced by a straight-up Jesus freak, is the overt Christian content of UD going to spike? My money's on 'yes'.

Dave, if you're listening, please, strike out on your own and start your own blog. You KNOW you want to.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,10:59   

I just want to say that I think the posts ridiculing Denyse O'Leary's physical appearance are in very poor taste.
I agree so FYI this one is from DaveScot over at Janie's blog:
if my dog was as ugly as the Canadian cross dresser I'd shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards.
I think he isn't going to be commenting on UD in the future.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:01   

Wow, on the subject of not making adolescent remarks about O'Leary's appearance, this from the master himself:

I hate to disappoint the church burnin' ebola boys but I won't be commenting on UD in the future. I just told the smarmy Canadian cross dresser to go fuck itself in an email. It would have banned me in any case as it's nowhere near as cool as Bill Dembski. The stick up its disgusting ass could make a redwood feel inadequate. I'm going to go ahead and forgive Bill for this monumental brainfart as he's going through some long term bad shit on the homefront with a sick child. I felt bad about bailing out on him at a time like this but he forced my hand. No big deal. I had a few extra hours today to finish rebuilding the carbs on my jetboat (it's back together and running great) and throw a ball in the water for my puppy. He's napping at my feet on the houseboat at the moment. I think we'll go out for a swim and then take the jetboat for a longer validation run.

P.S. if my dog was as ugly as the Canadian cross dresser I'd shave his ass and teach him to walk backwards.

HAHAHA - I kill me sometimes!

I think this is Dave's equivalent of Nixon's "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore" speech.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:08   

Quote (stevestory @ July 18 2006,10:43)
Just amazing. Davetard embarrasses Dembski for six months, and the straw that breaks the camel's back is a mild potshot at Denyse O'Leary.

You don't think his hanging out at Janiebelle's blog agreeing with her about O'Leary and his bizarre stalking of JAD at ISCID, EvC and elsewhere had anything to do with it?

PS I see you couldn't resist giving JAD the bad news.

(Edit: sorry remarks are a bit passé now, just having followed Blipey's link. Dave really doesn't like Denyse, does he?)

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:12   

I hate to disappoint the church burnin' ebola boys

You know, when I see Dave writing that today, I can't help but sense a lot of grudging affection. Like Dave knows we appreciate him more than any of the Creationists do.

C'mon Dave, how about a big HUG!

--------------

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:13   

Reading Dembski at UD is ok, but I can never figure out whether he is just ignorant or plain dishonest so his comments never really satisfy me.  Dave Tard is the only reason I go to that blog.  So this Denyse (were her and Janet Reno seperated at birth?) had better be good.  I only read UD for the Dave Tard absurdities so here's to hoping she's just as absurd.

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

SomeGuy

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:20   

Quote (stevestory @ July 18 2006,15:43)
Just amazing. Davetard embarrasses Dembski for six months, and the straw that breaks the camel's back is a mild potshot at Denyse O'Leary.

Does anyone have an archive of that thread? I'm curious to see what said straw actually was.

This has been a most entertaining day, too bad the fun is over. DT just has to start his own blog now.  :)

Wonderpants

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:42   

I just told the smarmy Canadian cross dresser to go fuck itself in an email. It would have banned me in any case as it's nowhere near as cool as Bill Dembski.
[/quote]
ROTFLMAO!

Even after being demoted at UD, he's still in thrall to His Master's Voice.

--------------
Fundamentalism in a nutshell:
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,11:53   

Quote (SomeGuy @ July 18 2006,16:20)
Quote (stevestory @ July 18 2006,15:43)

Does anyone have an archive of that thread? I'm curious to see what said straw actually was.

This has been a most entertaining day, too bad the fun is over. DT just has to start his own blog now.  :)

Yes what he said.  Did anyone keep a copy of what was said?

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,13:12   

#### google cache only got the first 3 comments. I get the impression that Dave was unimpressed by some of her comments so he put one of his bold comments at the end that pissed her/Dembski off. Apparently she said something like anyone who doesnt realise a man and a woman is the only moral relationship isn't a modern human. Then Janiebelle posted a comment taking offence and she got banned. I think all the comments were deleted shortly after.

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,13:16   

Did adultery do in Springer?

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,13:20   

Quote (Wonderpants @ July 18 2006,16:42)
I just told the smarmy Canadian cross dresser to go fuck itself in an email. It would have banned me in any case as it's nowhere near as cool as Bill Dembski.
[/quote]
ROTFLMAO!

Even after being demoted at UD, he's still in thrall to His Master's Voice.

Yeah, he sounds like he's still hoping that if Denyse bombs, Bill will take him back.  :p

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,13:26   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 18 2006,18:16)
Did adultery do in Springer?

I'm sorry, but the Dave Springer quote you're linking to there is SO GOOD, it has to be immortalized in as many places as possible:

Don’t you mean “all your girlfriends”? Oops. But really, once you’ve had a few wives of other men yelling at you in the throes of passion “I want to have your baby” then you’ll understand. It’s a little disconcerting at first but you get used to it after a while. It’s a dirty job but someone has to make the world a smarter place. Some choose to teach children so they’ll be smarter and some choose to make them smarter via genetics. It’s all good. -ds

Dave: YOUR OWN BLOG NOW! ! ! !

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,13:33   

Quote (Chris Hyland @ July 18 2006,18:12)
#### google cache only got the first 3 comments. I get the impression that Dave was unimpressed by some of her comments so he put one of his bold comments at the end that pissed her/Dembski off. Apparently she said something like anyone who doesnt realise a man and a woman is the only moral relationship isn't a modern human. Then Janiebelle posted a comment taking offence and she got banned. I think all the comments were deleted shortly after.

JanieBelle says she and Kate saved the whole thing...  :p

...and will post it shortly!

--------------

plasmasnake23

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,14:05   

Well this is certainly the end of an era. I really felt like DS's moderation dragged UD into a gutter that was pretty unique. I anticipate the new gutter being much less entertaining.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,14:24   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ July 18 2006,18:33)
Quote (Chris Hyland @ July 18 2006,18:12)

JanieBelle says she and Kate saved the whole thing...  :p

...and will post it shortly!

Here 'tis, in fact:

http://udoj.blogspot.com/2006/07/in-which-janie-gets-banned.html

--------------

Bing

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,15:00   

Quote (improvius @ July 18 2006,15:21)
I just want to say that I think the posts ridiculing Denyse O'Leary's physical appearance are in very poor taste.

We Canadians are a very even minded people.  For every

we produce, we have to also offer

just to be fair and balanced.

It's in our constitution, really.

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,15:04   

Here 'tis, in fact:

http://udoj.blogspot.com/2006/07/in-which-janie-gets-banned.html

what's interesting is that ALL of the posters were simply incapable of addressing the topic at hand, which was (I guess) supposed to be a discussion of the evidence in support of aspects of sociobiology theory as relates to psychology.

instead, every single poster without fail fell back to a position of discussing the "morality" of the specific behaviors under discussion.

funny enough, only Davetard himself tried to address the heritability aspect, though unfortunately he was clueless as to the actual science behind the issue (as usual).

not only do i see no reason for banning anybody or gutting that thread, i see nothing inherently different from the standard UD banter.

whatever.

However, let me say that you will find plenty of humor in the fabulous O'leary commentary in the weeks and months to come.  Soon, you won't miss 'ol Davetard one bit.

Predictions:

O'leary will never address any issue from a scientific perspective, and will always steer the issue towards a discussion of morals and general behavior.

Now I'm not just saying that because of that particular thread, nor because of her past writings, but simply because that IS the function of UD:  Steer the discussion away from issues of content and substance (science strongpoints), into issues of relative morality where their religious opinions are as valid as anyones.

Dave wasn't doing a good enough job of that.

At least Dave can look at the bright side.  he now has much more time available to continue his experiments in mushroom growing.

tata.

--------------
"And the sea will grant each man new hope..."

-CC

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,15:37   

Here's why Dave got booted:

Repeated calls for more science and less religion, not enough bible qoutes in his work.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

argystokes

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,15:42   

I don't think we'll miss Dave as much as some people think.   More Biblebabble, less antiACLU rants, and I suppose that means less variety. O'Leary is a sure thing to provides oodles of Bible-stupid, and Dembski's attempts at science are always hilarious.  Tkae, for example,
July 18, 2006
Molecular DNA Switch Found to be the Same for All Life

The molecular machinery that starts the process by which a biological cell divides into two identical daughter cells apparently worked so well early on that evolution has conserved it across the eons in all forms of life on Earth. Researchers with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the University of California at Berkeley have shown that the core machinery for initiating DNA replication is the same for all three domains of life — Archaea, Bacteria and Eukarya.

MORE

Given that, according to Carl Woese, the three domains are not descended from a common ancestor (see here), is it plausible that this same switch could have arisen apart from design three times?

Which PvM has already handled here..

--------------
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?" -Calvin

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,16:53   

With Davetard exiled, the tardity continues

July 18, 2006
Molecular DNA Switch Found to be the Same for All Life

The molecular machinery that starts the process by which a biological cell divides into two identical daughter cells apparently worked so well early on that evolution has conserved it across the eons in all forms of life on Earth. Researchers with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the University of California at Berkeley have shown that the core machinery for initiating DNA replication is the same for all three domains of life — Archaea, Bacteria and Eukarya.

MORE

Given that, according to Carl Woese, the three domains are not descended from a common ancestor (see here), is it plausible that this same switch could have arisen apart from design three times?
Filed under: Evolution, Intelligent Design — William Dembski @ 7:51 pm
Comments (0)

Got that? So now similarities among organisms are evidence for ID.

Nothing can stop the tard train.

Edit: Argy beat me on my own thread. I see the student has become the master.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,17:17   

Got that? So now similarities among organisms are evidence for ID.

And whenever organisms are different...

That's evidence for ID, too!

--------------

argystokes

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,18:24   

Edit: Argy beat me on my own thread. I see the student has become the master.

DaveTard once said something very similar of me.  With as much time as I waste hanging around here, I suppose it's inevitable.

--------------
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?" -Calvin

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,18:56   

Alas, poor DaveTard, we hardly knew ye. Where will I get my daily dose of coffee-snortin'-out-my-nose guffaws other than reading your utterly dense yet suspiciously homoerotic commentary? In memoriam, I'll post a photo of those things you'll have to capture your time and imagination even more now :  
It's kind of telling that you chose mushrooms to "raise," DaveTard1. Thick, meaty mushrooms with a base of fine silky rootlets that you can brush along your cheek prior to sliding it in your mouth...Not that there's anything wrong with that. Semper Fi, Dave, and don't be glancing too obviously at the boys in speedos at the lake ;)

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,19:00   

Oh, and as far as Denyse O'Leary is concerned, I'd still like a bite of that tart, plz.  (***edited out of jealousy and love)

--------------

Wonderpants

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,20:24   

Quote (deadman_932 @ July 18 2006,23:56)
It's kind of telling that you chose mushrooms to "raise," DaveTard1.

And we all know how well mushrooms do when kept in the dark and fed on bullshit.

--------------
Fundamentalism in a nutshell:
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,21:18   

"You wouldn't be wondering if you'd had a number of other men's wives yelling at you in the height of passion "I want to have your baby!". It's a little disconcerting at first but you get used to it. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Some guys prefer to make the world's children smarter by becoming teachers and some guys prefer to make them smarter through better genetics. It's all good. -ds"

HAHAHA - I kill me sometimes! That's only partly in jest. It only happened to me once, right after I got out of the Marines, not a number of times. But it did result in one very bright boy raised by parents who were both dumb as a mud fence.

Ooookay.... Seeing Davey leave makes me sad, but I gotta admit that if I was good ol' christian Dembski, I'd sack him after that too.

Well, at least he went with a bang...  :D

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,23:25   

Deadman you pussy, that WAS a great post.

Funny how DT going brought out the best insults in US.

Showing not only his pygmy-ness in the science stakes but in the great art of the insulting repartee.

As for Dense Deneese I think the grand plan is to sell a few more despoiled trees ....and where better to do it than WAD's fundy play-pen.

And she is fair game as far as that goes,
no one said that the politics of group stupidity
--which make no mistake is what she is indulging in---was off limits to personal criticism ...what if she was a man?

..oh wait

...what if she just looked like one

...uh oh...hang on I'll get this right yet.

What if she dressed and looked like a bull dyke and you wouldn't let her into the house if she showed up to meet your daughter?

..no that would be dykist...we can't have that.

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2006,03:47   

Deadman you pussy, that WAS a great post.

Why, thank you, k.e. -- I've always enjoyed your posts, too: sometimes they're filled with allusions and references that are like a little puzzle to be solved, but almost invariably fun and incisive. Now kiss me, you fool.

--------------

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2006,04:01   

twip sputter coff coff....sneeze.

DT would be MUCH nicer especially after he has nibbled WAD's ....erm 'cool' chocolate covered nuts...

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]