RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 15 2020,13:37   

Quote (stevestory @ Oct. 15 2020,14:36)
Quote (Henry J @ Oct. 15 2020,13:29)
Wonder how that compares to a map of political party membership.

Not too well, really, Florida Georgia and South Carolina are heavily Republican but not strongly affected compared to Montana etc.

Honestly, looking at North Dakota and South Dakota there I wonder how much of that came from Sturgis.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 15 2020,13:38   

Quote (stevestory @ Oct. 15 2020,11:29)

To pull the map to this page

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 15 2020,16:24   

Quote (stevestory @ Oct. 15 2020,10:29)

Waives hello from the little cluster of darker counties on the Eastern edge of Texas.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 15 2020,19:45   

William J Murray has posted a link to a book that does the following:

Examines 125 years of scientific research into reincarnation, apparitions and communication with the dead showing these phenomena are real

* Reveals the existence of higher planes of consciousness where the souls of the dead can choose to advance or manifest once again on earth

* Explains how these findings have been ignored and denied because they are incompatible with materialist doctrines

* Carter’s rigorous argument proves – beyond any reasonable doubt – not only that consciousness survives death and continues in the afterlife, but that it precedes birth as well.

Thought you all might like to know all that you're missing with your materialistic doctrines! :-)

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 15 2020,20:24   

Oh, all those things are... immaterial.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 15 2020,22:44   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Oct. 15 2020,17:45)
William J Murray has posted a link to a book that does the following:

Examines 125 years of scientific research into reincarnation, apparitions and communication with the dead showing these phenomena are real

* Reveals the existence of higher planes of consciousness where the souls of the dead can choose to advance or manifest once again on earth

* Explains how these findings have been ignored and denied because they are incompatible with materialist doctrines

* Carter’s rigorous argument proves – beyond any reasonable doubt – not only that consciousness survives death and continues in the afterlife, but that it precedes birth as well.

Thought you all might like to know all that you're missing with your materialistic doctrines! :-)

So i put "carter reincarnation" to Startpage and the first page of results were about Hawkeye from the DC Universe.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2020,02:52   

I think you mean Hawkman. Hawkeye is from a very different universe. One where the scrubland of South Korea looks remarkably like the scrubland of southern California.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2020,15:52   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Oct. 16 2020,02:52)
I think you mean Hawkman. Hawkeye is from a very different universe. One where the scrubland of South Korea looks remarkably like the scrubland of southern California.

“ You know what's remarkable? That England looks in no way like Southern California.” —Austin Powers

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2020,15:56   

What about northern California?

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2020,16:23   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Oct. 16 2020,00:52)

So it is. Thank you.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2020,16:29   

Oh, that Hawkeye.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 16 2020,22:39   

It’s getting worse again

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,09:45   

WJM is on a roll.
Millions of people visit what we call “the afterlife” every day bringing back empirical reports and information, including ongoing contact with the “dead.”
Interaction with the dead and “cross-dimensional” visitation has been reported from the earliest times in recorded history.
According to available data, it may be that a majority of people have experienced ADCs, or “after-death contact” of one kind or another, ranging up to fully physical manifestations of the dead here and long visitations with the dead in their world.
There has been a vast amount of technological interaction with what we call “the afterlife,” including with people who lived and died here. The technological evidence includes video, photos, and audio recordings.
Teams of scientists and engineers here have been collaborating for years with counterpart teams in what we call “the afterlife” to devise a better understanding of trans-dimensional communication.
These teams have produced patented transdimensional communications technology being developed and tested independently in three different well-funded research labs.
The bulk of data about the afterlife independently acquired for hundreds of years around the world demonstrates a base of commonalities and repeated cross-verifications of landmarks, environment and people in what might be described as afterlife areas dimensionally close to, and largely populated by people that have lived on, what we call this physical world.
In these nearby dimensions, people have physical bodies and tend to naturally appear to be 25-35 years old and physically “ideal” versions of their Earth experience. Our bodies are fully functional, but some uses are optional, like eating and breathing. There is a broader visible color palette than we are accustomed to here. There are no or negligible entropic effects. Teleportation, telekinesis and telepathy are common. Physical objects can be created by application of will.
The dead can see us – in fact, they are right here with us all the time. They and their world are not spatially separate from us and our world.
You retain your personality when you die.
Generally speaking, you enjoy a much greater mental capacity after death, such as greater focus and total experiential recall. All your senses are much more acute.
When people die, they often compare it to “waking up” from a dream. They report that what we call the afterlife feels more real than this world.
Time is often said to “not exist” there in the same way it exists here.
When you die, you usually find yourself surrounded by loved ones that have passed.
Although no physical issues survive death, there are occasionally psychological issues and trauma that is treated after death.
Some people die and don’t even realize it until much later, if ever.
There are infinite experiential realms and possibilities that are completely unlike the Earth and dimensions “near” Earth populated by countless beings many or most of which have never experienced a mortal life.
People in the afterlife have all sorts of various beliefs and models of reality, just like people here, including various spiritual and religious beliefs. People of like mind and views tend to aggregate into shared communities, usually finding themselves in such a community when they “die.”
There are natural landscapes and cities and buildings in the afterlife. There are jobs available and all sorts of activities and businesses, institutions of learning, entertainment, etc. The economy there appears to be usually based on symbolic transfers of a kind of energetic appreciation for services or goods.
There is technology and scientific research in what we call “the afterlife.”

The cutting edge research at UD never ceases to amaze me.
What Research Tells Us About The Afterlife

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,10:47   

I did a few publications on dissociative states, and "altered states."

1984    "Manifestations of Possession in Novel Ecological Contexts," G. S. Hurd, E. M. Pattison. In Ecological Models in Clinical and Community Mental Health, W.A. O'Connor and B. Lubin (ed.s).  John Wiley & Sons: New York.

1985    "Superstition,"  G. S. Hurd. In Baker's Encyclopedia of Psychology, David Brenner (ed.) Baker Book House, Grand Rapids.

1986    "Trance and Possession States," E. M. Pattison, Joel Kahan, G. Hurd. In Handbook of Altered States of Consciousness. B. B. Walman and M. Ullman (ed.s) New York: Van Nost and Reinhold, pp. 286-310.

Basic notion 35 years later is that "consciousness" is a feature of memory. Descartes paraphrased, "I think I am" to "I remember I was." Memory can be altered. Then, the brain is electrochemical meat, and chemistry can be altered. Finally, social and cultural traditions give structure and "explanation" to those alterations.

That "afterlife" spew is just crazy.

Edited by Dr.GH on Oct. 17 2020,08:48

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,10:47   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Oct. 17 2020,10:45)
What Research Tells Us About The Afterlife

Some people die and don’t even realize it until much later, if ever
The Sixth Sense was not a PhD thesis dumbass  :D  :D  :D

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,10:51   

Some cases of this were documented - "Ghost", "Beetlejuice", "Ghostbusters", "Casper the Friendly Ghost".

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,11:49   

Quote (Henry J @ Oct. 16 2020,15:56)
What about northern California?

Its scrubland looks remarkably like the scrubland in North Korea, obviously.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,11:50   

Quote (Henry J @ Oct. 17 2020,10:51)
Some cases of this were documented - "Ghost", "Beetlejuice", "Ghostbusters", "Casper the Friendly Ghost".

And what about all of those ghost-writers, eh?

--------------

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,12:40   

The wackiness has hit a new high.

I know someone else posted this, but these just boggle my mind:

1. Millions of people visit what we call “the afterlife” every day bringing back empirical reports and information, including ongoing contact with the “dead.”

2. Interaction with the dead and “cross-dimensional” visitation has been reported from the earliest times in recorded history.

3. According to available data, it may be that a majority of people have experienced ADCs, or “after-death contact” of one kind or another, ranging up to fully physical manifestations of the dead here and long visitations with the dead in their world.

4. There has been a vast amount of technological interaction with what we call “the afterlife,” including with people who lived and died here. The technological evidence includes video, photos, and audio recordings.

5. Teams of scientists and engineers here have been collaborating for years with counterpart teams in what we call “the afterlife” to devise a better understanding of trans-dimensional communication.

What rabbit hole does William live in?

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,12:46   

William adds,

I've been re-reading Harry Potter, and there Professor Binns is a history of magic professor who is a ghost. He was so boring and set in his ways that one day he died and just got up out of his body and went to teach without noticing he was dead.

This is a true story! It's in Harry Potter! :-) Watch out, all you teachers, cause this could happen to you!

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,19:50   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Oct. 17 2020,11:40)

The one that Alice went down into?

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 17 2020,20:59   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Oct. 17 2020,10:46)
William adds,

I've been re-reading Harry Potter, and there Professor Binns is a history of magic professor who is a ghost. He was so boring and set in his ways that one day he died and just got up out of his body and went to teach without noticing he was dead.

This is a true story! It's in Harry Potter! :-) Watch out, all you teachers, cause this could happen to you!

My 8th grade Homeroom teacher was in her 80s. Rather demented. She would lose track, smile, and go sit at her desk as she sorted out where she was.

One day she sat a long while. With her eyes closed. Dead.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 18 2020,09:48   

Quote (Henry J @ Oct. 17 2020,19:50)
Quote (Jkrebs @ Oct. 17 2020,11:40)

The one that Alice went down into?

Total off topic and coincidental: I just bumped into and watched Grace Slick sing White Rabbit at Woodstock. Neat performance.

Lyrics
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall

Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
He called Alice, when she was just small
When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the Dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

White Rabbit

Cubist

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 18 2020,17:34   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Oct. 16 2020,02:52)

For the record: The secret ID of DC superhero Hawkman is "Carter Hall", and his (unnecessarily convoluted…) backstory involves reincarnation, so it's no surprise that googling for "Carter reincarnation" might yield hits having to do with the DC Universe.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 19 2020,03:03   

Denyse
Hey, here, we were all waiting for Freestone to try out the CLUNK!! on us: “If you believe in God, well, rejoice! God can use Darwinism too!”

Luckily, we didn’t hear it. We are sick of certifying idiots. For one thing, we’ve run out of certificates.

Damn, I guess that means I won't become a Disco Institute fellow any time soon.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 20 2020,01:47   

Mac McTavish
October 19, 2020 at 10:31 pm
Aaron, as far as I know, authors don’t get paid extra for publishing open access papers. I think they have to pay a hefty fee. But I could be wrong. Maybe those here who have published papers could inform us. ET? KF? WJM?

LOL

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 20 2020,16:00   

Quote (stevestory @ Oct. 20 2020,01:47)
Mac McTavish
Aaron, as far as I know, authors don’t get paid extra for publishing open access papers. I think they have to pay a hefty fee. But I could be wrong. Maybe those here who have published papers could inform us. ET? KF? WJM?

LOL

Maybe Wackadoodle Quarterly pays their authors, but I doubt it.

--------------

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 21 2020,01:52   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Oct. 20 2020,16:00)

Quote (stevestory @ Oct. 20 2020,01:47)

Mac McTavish

LOL

Maybe Wackadoodle Quarterly pays their authors, but I doubt it.

It's getting better all the time (emphasis mine)  
30 Mac McTavish
October 20, 2020 at 9:32 pm
Erroneously Talented

Look, punk, YOU brought me into this discussion with your snide, cowardly BS….. It’s all in comment #3, loser
I assume that you are referring to this

Maybe those here who have published papers could inform us. ET? KF? WJM?
I was simply asking a question of three frequent commenters. Given the nature of their comments I simply assumed that they had experience in publishing papers. Was I mistaken? That you took it as an insult speaks volumes.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 21 2020,07:50   

JVL
October 21, 2020 at 6:00 am
Kairosfocus: To assert that at any particular stage that is finitely remote from now the onward past infinity has already been traversed does not answer as to feasibility of such a supertask.

No one who is mathematically aware is saying that.

Linky

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 21 2020,12:58   

This exchange needs to be preserved for posterity:

ET
October 21, 2020 at 11:14 am

daves- check out the toaster I have installed, repaired and engineered upgrades for in many countries and States. And this toaster, too. And let’s not forget this toaster that brought me to Iraq. Actually all 3 brought me to Iraq.

daveS
October 21, 2020 at 11:43 am

I have to admit, those are some badass toasters.

link

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]