RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (9) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 >   
  Topic: LOLcreationists, coz creationists are funny< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2007,17:52   

Quote (SpaghettiSawUs @ June 18 2007,17:18)
Quote (Steverino @ June 18 2007,22:30)
Hey, completely off-topic...

Anyone ever come across this site:

http://www.evidenceofgod.com/

Sadly, I found it when looking for contact information for the actor Dean Jones....who is Christian Activist now.

I'm guessing I'll never get his autograph for my bug..... ???

Oh shit,
another YEC Christian apologist with an engineering background!!!

Is there a factory making these somewhere?
Could we get Bush to bomb it?
Tell him it's an Al-Qaeda bombmaking factory...

Hey, we could do that with Ham's Creoseum.
Gotta be some more plays on words for that place...

Oh...I thought it was just another jerkoff.....oh, wait....it is.

--------------
- Born right the first time.
- Asking questions is NOT the same as providing answers.
- It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up!

SpaghettiSawUs

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2007,19:37   

--------------
On June 23, 2007, 01:06 PM AFDave wrote: "How can we dismiss their theories without first reading their work?"

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2007,20:38   

Dammit Spags, you're gonna get me fired from work for laughing too loud! :p

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

SpaghettiSawUs

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,12:50   

I had to put this one here, as it gets to the point of AFDave's "difficulty" with 14C Calibration Curves;

;)

--------------
On June 23, 2007, 01:06 PM AFDave wrote: "How can we dismiss their theories without first reading their work?"

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,13:06   

Quote (SpaghettiSawUs @ June 19 2007,12:50)
I had to put this one here, as it gets to the point of AFDave's "difficulty" with 14C Calibration Curves;

;)

LOL.
That made me laugh as it brought back Dave's adding (made up) data then arguing as if his new (made up) data was real. Was that the intention? Asking because I am not certain wether you have read AFDave's collosul thread over here.

Deja vu all over again.

EDIT: Guess that was your intention. I hadn't read the comment carefully enough.

SpaghettiSawUs

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,14:13   

Yeah, he's getting smacked upside the head with Cal Curves at the moment, and that graph (in its original form of course) keeps being reposted.
It reminded me of the "Tard Graph" and I was going to do a Dave on it and just set up a load of random(ly made up) data points.

Then I realised that for Dave, they would all have to come in the first 8000 yrs or so,

et voilla!!

So kind of a double hit that one (two points??)
Ok then, 2 pints (make mine a Banks's ;))

--------------

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,14:30   

Quote (SpaghettiSawUs @ June 19 2007,14:13)

Good choice. I like "Directors".

On a completely different topic. You seem to have had a few bad experiences with religion. Most of mine where good. However the story is different from my fathers perspective. He was told by Nuns that they had brought him the nails from Jesus' cross to see, touch and examine. My father claims that he told them that the nails where the wrong shape (cross-section) to be actual Roman nails (round instead of square IIRC). The religious authorities claimed that that information had come from Satan and my father was a sinner. Cool as fuck eh?....NO!

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,14:36   

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,15:03   

Quote (Richardthughes @ June 19 2007,14:36)

Richard - You stalking DaveScot now, or is this Dembski's "overcompensation"?

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

SpaghettiSawUs

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,15:20   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ June 19 2007,20:30)

On a completely different topic. You seem to have had a few bad experiences with religion. Most of mine where good. However the story is different from my fathers perspective. He was told by Nuns that they had brought him the nails from Jesus' cross to see, touch and examine. My father claims that he told them that the nails where the wrong shape (cross-section) to be actual Roman nails (round instead of square IIRC). The religious authorities claimed that that information had come from Satan and my father was a sinner. Cool as fuck eh?....NO!

Courage (brewery not bravery) was always looked down on in my neck of the woods, but I've always enjoyed a Directors. Pity it takes their premium beer to actually make a decent beer. But maybe I'm just a snob.

Lets see what I can chuck at yer regarding a quick religous history of Spags:

Baptised CofE at age 5/6 (not done at birth).
Father was RC and "returned to the church" around age 8, became a fucking pious loon. Mass was now de-rigeur.

Age 10 move house, new school: RC.
Re-Baptised RC, 1st Confession, Communion and Confirmation in one year. Altar boy.

Age 11/16: RC Secondary school, altar boy still, on TV "Morning Worship" once -sad claim-2-fame :(

After leaving school got into occult for a while, tarot, ouija, magick (incl. Esoteric Spelling Style™).

"Conversion Experience" into JWs aged 21 (answered prayer - no honest, seriously... look its up to you if you don't believe it, I believed it so it was true for *me* OK!!), baptised by full immersion six months later.

Two years later, married in Kindgdom Hall. Alcohol free reception  - not a doctrinal requirement, "conscience issue" - i.e. looked down on if you had alcohol, especially with "worldly" family attending).

Two years later cognitive dissonance leads to depression, leads to university find something to do with "underused potential") it works - leads to optional module on psychology, leads to mind-control undone, leads to ex-communication. Still believe in God, very fucking confused! Shunned by all JWs (incl. in-laws).

Studied bibble, researched JWs discovered how cults work. Deconverted my wife. Result!!! Converted to evangelical Christian, baptised-a-fucking-gain!!! New ministry in life: ex-JWs.
Helped alot out (those that were "ready") did leaflet drop or publication drops on people, photocopies of old watchtowers containing barmy, racist, stupid or even (wooooooo) spritistic.

Counseled, worked on a few conferences, visited churches as guest speaker. Started on BB on Delphi Forums (now defunkt). I remained a YEC (the JW variety manages to be a little more specific and a little more dodgy at the same time, allowing 7000 years for each of the genesis "Days" == 49,000 years: 6 creative days to Eve... then one 7000 years to: Armageddon!!! Erm... counting from the creation of Eve that is which was... erm some time after Adam... and is unspecified, but reckoning on 1975 for 7000 years to Adam (using JW's own patented Genealogicus Biblicus Maximus™ Version 23.2_beta1), so... from 1975 to 2007 = 32 years therefore Eve was at least 32 (and counting) when she got chucked out of Eden and God could get on with his nap).

One day some guy I'd become friends with on a forum passed a couple of links. One was this, the other was this.

I was no longer YEC.
I started to really learn to think.

Erm... I'm still working on that last bit :)

Cheers
Spags

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,15:36   

Quote (SpaghettiSawUs @ June 19 2007,15:20)
Quote (Stephen Elliott @ June 19 2007,20:30)

Courage (brewery not bravery) was always looked down on in my neck of the woods, but I've always enjoyed a Directors. Pity it takes their premium beer to actually make a decent beer. But maybe I'm just a snob.

Lets see what I can chuck at yer regarding a quick religous history of Spags:

Baptised CofE at age 5/6 (not done at birth).
Father was RC and "returned to the church" around age 8, became a fucking pious loon. Mass was now de-rigeur.

Age 10 move house, new school: RC.
Re-Baptised RC, 1st Confession, Communion and Confirmation in one year. Altar boy.

Age 11/16: RC Secondary school, altar boy still, on TV "Morning Worship" once -sad claim-2-fame :(

After leaving school got into occult for a while, tarot, ouija, magick (incl. Esoteric Spelling Style™).

"Conversion Experience" into JWs aged 21 (answered prayer - no honest, seriously... look its up to you if you don't believe it, I believed it so it was true for *me* OK!!), baptised by full immersion six months later.

Two years later, married in Kindgdom Hall. Alcohol free reception  - not a doctrinal requirement, "conscience issue" - i.e. looked down on if you had alcohol, especially with "worldly" family attending).

Two years later cognitive dissonance leads to depression, leads to university find something to do with "underused potential") it works - leads to optional module on psychology, leads to mind-control undone, leads to ex-communication. Still believe in God, very fucking confused! Shunned by all JWs (incl. in-laws).

Studied bibble, researched JWs discovered how cults work. Deconverted my wife. Result!!! Converted to evangelical Christian, baptised-a-fucking-gain!!! New ministry in life: ex-JWs.
Helped alot out (those that were "ready") did leaflet drop or publication drops on people, photocopies of old watchtowers containing barmy, racist, stupid or even (wooooooo) spritistic.

Counseled, worked on a few conferences, visited churches as guest speaker. Started on BB on Delphi Forums (now defunkt). I remained a YEC (the JW variety manages to be a little more specific and a little more dodgy at the same time, allowing 7000 years for each of the genesis "Days" == 49,000 years: 6 creative days to Eve... then one 7000 years to: Armageddon!!! Erm... counting from the creation of Eve that is which was... erm some time after Adam... and is unspecified, but reckoning on 1975 for 7000 years to Adam (using JW's own patented Genealogicus Biblicus Maximus™ Version 23.2_beta1), so... from 1975 to 2007 = 32 years therefore Eve was at least 32 (and counting) when she got chucked out of Eden and God could get on with his nap).

One day some guy I'd become friends with on a forum passed a couple of links. One was this, the other was this.

I was no longer YEC.
I started to really learn to think.

Erm... I'm still working on that last bit :)

Cheers
Spags

Quite a story - To quote Jery Garcia, "What a long, strange trip it's been".  And I guess that's why the DI, IDers and YEC's dislike people that can think, read and do research for themselves.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,15:53   

Spags

Thanks for the "quick religious history"; that is indeed a long strange trip (and still ongoing).

Unfortunately I predict that if FtK finishes cleaning up after her weekend party, she will join this thread (ignoring unaddressed questions for her on other threads), and question you about your current religious beliefs or lack thereof. She may also feel obligated to point out that your fall from the clutches of religion started when you went to a university, which, as we all know, are populated solely by evangelical atheists. Just a prediction; but I'm betting that she can't stay away from the temptation of being able to post pointlessly about religion and ignore scientific discussions yet one more time.

If she does that, please feel free to point her to that talkorigins molgen article again, and see if she can ascertain how devastating that evidence is for those who advocate creation or intelligent design!

Thanks again.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

SpaghettiSawUs

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2007,16:28   

Cheers guys,
I hope FtK does read it.

Meh... how may baptisms can a man endure?

Well, I've left religion far behind now, sorry I never made that clear. Via agnosticism to outright atheism.

Some believers are able to retain a more metaphorical view of scripture, especially where it concerns science, for me it was eventually baby with the bathwater.

I know how frustrating the convicted believer can be, I used to be one, I could get anyone irate. Being clever is one thing, but being cleverly deceptive (with yourself) yet managing to be blatantly decptive to outsiders, can enrage even one's closest kin.

Although people like FTK will eventually have to confront the evidence, their problem starts much further back...

erm hang on, this is a lol thread....

So I'll leave it there for now, and try to pick it up elsewhere where I'm also waffling about this stuff.

Meanwhile: have a funny LOLCat ©ish spags:

on  with the show :)

--------------

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 21 2007,12:38   

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

SpaghettiSawUs

(Permalink) Posted: June 22 2007,13:09   

How many pages and no cute little lambs??!! Shame on the evil-absol-utionist atheist conspiracy.

--------------

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: June 22 2007,13:24   

Quote (SpaghettiSawUs @ June 19 2007,15:20)
Lets see what I can chuck at yer regarding a quick religous history of Spags:...

WOW!
It is a sad thing the way religion is used in some cases.
That was bad stuff.
I have never had such a bad experience. At work atm I have to work with some fundamentalists. Their points of view worry me at times.

phonon

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2007,17:15   

Found this on digg.

And here is the back.

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2007,17:51   

J.F.C.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2007,17:53   

In creationist world, that probably counts as a Peer-Reviewed Publication.

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2007,19:08   

that dino-kids-menu thing is an early Hovind distribution, IIRC.

either Hovind or Ham; I get the early versions of either confused.

I do recall seeing those posted somewhere either on PT, here, or Pharyngula a year or two ago (and someone mentioned then that these had been around for years).

since then, they have "evolved' into things like this:

http://christiananswers.net/kids/clr-indx.html#dinosaurs

--------------
"And the sea will grant each man new hope..."

-CC

Rev. BigDumbChimp

(Permalink) Posted: June 25 2007,08:03   

Awesome. I had no idea T-Rex could breathe fire.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 25 2007,11:50   

Quote (Rev. BigDumbChimp @ June 25 2007,08:03)

Yes, and he ate coconuts.

I guess the fire was to defend his coconut stash from other 'behemoths'.

FTK would know.  :p

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 25 2007,11:57   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 25 2007,11:50)

Yes, and he ate coconuts.

FTK would know.  :p

Let's hope she doesn't see this "proof"!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: June 25 2007,16:23   

don't be daft.

it was so trex could cook them for his human friends.

duh.

--------------

-CC

nuytsia

(Permalink) Posted: June 25 2007,17:51   

The menus were posted on PT back around early April 2005.
I remember this clearly, as I read them whilst I was visiting the University of Queensland.

I still remember sitting in open mouthed amazement staring at these pictures.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: June 25 2007,23:13   

Re "Awesome. I had no idea T-Rex could breathe fire. "

Probably the gas from all those coconuts.

Henry

Rev. BigDumbChimp

(Permalink) Posted: June 26 2007,07:54   

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 26 2007,12:37   

Hell, that ain't no damn miracle!  

Hovind and Ham talking out of their butts... and having people actually believe them, now THAT my friends, is the effin miracle!

--------------

phonon

(Permalink) Posted: June 26 2007,13:04   

Yeah, watch out for that as you're pulling his arms off.

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: June 26 2007,14:03   

Quote (Henry J @ June 25 2007,23:13)
Re "Awesome. I had no idea T-Rex could breathe fire. "

Probably the gas from all those coconuts.

Henry

exactly the reason t-rex had such short arms:

It was to reduce the temptation to "pull his finger".

If you thought the fire BREATH was bad...

--------------

-CC

251 replies since May 25 2007,22:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (9) < ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]