RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >   
  Topic: Pianka?  What about Hawking!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
jeannot

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2006,23:26   

Consider the choices for the mass of the population... You can  spend your money on bread and circuses until the end comes and you die horribly, or we can offer you the option of spending the short remainder of your life with privation to make possible the escape of a select few, with at least less bread and fewer circuses to amuse you before you die horribly. Take your pick...

I don’t think the mass population will be given this choice. And even so, I’m convinced it’ll choose your second option.
Anyway, space colonization won’t begin abruptly. We spend billions of cash so a couple of people go to Mars. Aren’t there research projects exploring possibilities for the development of new propulsion techniques? Unless I’m mistaken, nothing profitable will be done on Mars that can’t be done here for less cost. This isn’t only fundamental research, but a first step towards space colonization. That’s what NASA’s engineers and directors basically say on TV. And I really don’t think their project is motivated by the economic profit that their grand-grand-grand children may get.
And the mass population would buy more bread and circuses with those billions spend in space exploration.

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: June 21 2006,00:47   

It seems that instead of attack Hawking they would rather go after Pianka again.

Someone should tell Witt that he's way behind the times on this one.  Dembski already called DHS, like forever ago.

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: June 22 2006,05:58   

Sombody profits.

--------------
Who said that ev'ry wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it
Look what it's done so far

The Daily Wingnut

jeannot

(Permalink) Posted: June 22 2006,06:08   

They expect to find hydrocarbons on Mars?  :O

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 22 2006,06:12   

Quote (jeannot @ June 22 2006,11:08)
They expect to find hydrocarbons on Mars?  :O

No, it's just that it would cost billions of dollars and Halliburton would get it all. Whether it would serve any purpose at all is irrelevant.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

34 replies since June 14 2006,09:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]