RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (622) < ... 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 ... >   
  Topic: A Separate Thread for Gary Gaulin, As big as the poop that does not look< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,19:13   

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 17 2013,22:06)
Interesting, here I thought that these were chemical reactions.

Now, be so good as to point out where the "intelligence" is in the diagram.

Oh and more diagrams than the two showing sensory into addressable DNA memory are needed to show both levels of intelligence. That's another project on my to-do list that many are still working on in the lab. A realistic model of cellular and molecular intelligence requires more info on chromosome territories and such.

I can only finish what time and science allows, therefore the new Intelligence Design Lab comes first. But where you studied the theory enough you should be able to figure that out on your own, from the emerging evidence found at Kegg and other online databases.

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,19:49   

Quote (Woodbine @ July 18 2013,07:17)

Two things.

Now we know a) why Gary won't try and peddle his drivel at Uncommonly Dense and b) that he couldn't even get a gig at ISCID!

:D

From this ID blog no-one ever heard of.

Would Wesley (or anyone) care to explain how someone who was supposedly banned from ISCID sometime before September 17, 2005 could have first posted there in July 2006?

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,20:03   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 18 2013,18:40)

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 18 2013,17:48)

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 18 2013,17:33)

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 18 2013,09:07)
Gary's single ISCID post. And that one was about his membranes lab exercise. That's a special kind of welcome ISCID provided Gary.

I've got several posts that are still on ISCID.

By the time I arrived (to see whether the self-assembly demonstration would be controversial in that ID community) the ISCID forum was already on its way out.

And whether what I was working on at the time belongs there or not is easily answered by what the ISCID forum says it's for:

The ISCID Forums are aimed at generating insight into the nature of complex systems (e.g. biological complexity, organizational complexity, etc.) and the ontological status of purpose, especially from the vantage point of various information- and design-theoretic models.

With all considered: At that time the self-assembly demo was the most appropriate thing I had to contribute, and since it did not cause a fuss at ISCID things went very well there. A year later what was explained in the topic was on its way to all the science teachers in the US via National Science Teachers Association journal. So at least that IDea actually made it into the public school classrooms! And ISCID can share the pride, in that happening...

Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly: entering a single comment on a forum that "doesn't cause a fuss" is grounds to claim success? Is that right?

Yes.

I'm used to chaos erupting from a topic like this that I post. If it turned out like this thread then I would have had to plan/prepare for a long protest. But the ID community found no need to argue against it, and as was expected there was no protest after its publishing.

I made a post that created no fuss at all at the Kurzweil AI forum. Yet Gary, in apparent hypocrisy, is on the record objecting that my participation there was a negative for me.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,20:21   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 18 2013,20:03)

Gary's single ISCID post. And that one was about his membranes lab exercise. That's a special kind of welcome ISCID provided Gary.

By the time I arrived (to see whether the self-assembly demonstration would be controversial in that ID community) the ISCID forum was already on its way out.

And whether what I was working on at the time belongs there or not is easily answered by what the ISCID forum says it's for:

The ISCID Forums are aimed at generating insight into the nature of complex systems (e.g. biological complexity, organizational complexity, etc.) and the ontological status of purpose, especially from the vantage point of various information- and design-theoretic models.

With all considered: At that time the self-assembly demo was the most appropriate thing I had to contribute, and since it did not cause a fuss at ISCID things went very well there. A year later what was explained in the topic was on its way to all the science teachers in the US via National Science Teachers Association journal. So at least that IDea actually made it into the public school classrooms! And ISCID can share the pride, in that happening...

Let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly: entering a single comment on a forum that "doesn't cause a fuss" is grounds to claim success? Is that right?

Yes.

I'm used to chaos erupting from a topic like this that I post. If it turned out like this thread then I would have had to plan/prepare for a long protest. But the ID community found no need to argue against it, and as was expected there was no protest after its publishing.

I made a post that created no fuss at all at the Kurzweil AI forum. Yet Gary, in apparent hypocrisy, is on the record objecting that my participation there was a negative for me.

No fuss at the Kurzweil AI forum over your post is a plus for me. None getting upset after you told them (and later positive comment in another thread in regards to my participating instead of causing trouble there) was a bad thing for you. But I can understand how easy it is think of ways of rationalizing the situation you are now in, that at least some in your choir will actually believe.

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,20:34   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 18 2013,19:49)

Two things.

Now we know a) why Gary won't try and peddle his drivel at Uncommonly Dense and b) that he couldn't even get a gig at ISCID!

Would Wesley (or anyone) care to explain how someone who was supposedly banned from ISCID sometime before September 17, 2005 could have first posted there in July 2006?

Maybe Sal said something that wasn't true. It wouldn't be the first time.

What is checkable and undeniable is that there is but one single post by Gary Gaulin on ISCID that garnered no commentary whatsoever.

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,20:36   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 18 2013,20:21)
Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 18 2013,20:03)

Yes.

No fuss at the Kurzweil AI forum over your post is a plus for me. None getting upset after you told them (and later positive comment in another thread in regards to my participating instead of causing trouble there) was a bad thing for you. But I can understand how easy it is think of ways of rationalizing the situation you are now in, that at least some in your choir will actually believe.

Gary delivers more projection.

And it seems to be time for the usual footnote...

It's not a diagram, but it does seem to annoy Gary to have his reasons for approaching discussion the way he does laid out clearly and documented in his own testimony.

The question of why Gary goes for false, provocative, and malicious statements when mentioning me or replying to me does have an answer. Gary thinks that 1) I have "big-bucks" and 2) if I say something actionable, Gary could sue me and get them. We know this from Gary himself. He refers to "big-bucks" (quoted in this post). And Gary previously revealed his premeditated approach and strategy for using the legal system to enrich himself:

And before I came to this forum Casey gave me free legal advice in regard to what is legally over the line enough to easily win a case for that can come at me from places like this. Where reversed upon Wesley, it would be like someone anonymously calling campus security where they are working to report that their loss of mind is endangering the lives of all in the building they are in, when the truth that was stretched out of proportion is that they needed to use a small amount of flammable liquid to patch around the air conditioning unit that let water pour in every time it rained.

And Gary confirmed again that he was still looking for actionable statements from me here:

I was hoping Wesley would at least attempt to find something "actionable" (that is not outright criminal like chaining me inside a basement torture chamber) that was not already tried on me.

Unfortunately for Gary, he has not and will not be able to provoke me into actionable statements.

Gary's otherwise apparently bizarre behavior in his responses to me becomes explicable with the understanding that he has been angling for a lawsuit, confirmed definitively and spectacularly here.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,21:09   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 18 2013,20:34)
Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 18 2013,19:49)

Two things.

Maybe Sal said something that wasn't true. It wouldn't be the first time.

What is checkable and undeniable is that there is but one single post by Gary Gaulin on ISCID that garnered no commentary whatsoever.

Yes, the hard evidence indicates that Sal (knowingly or unknowingly) trolled you.

Where you look for something I could be banned for, you find a very topical opening post that didn't need any commentary. And it's another example of my contributing good IDeas to the movement, even though I often teased William and Salvador when they dropped-in to stir things up about their needing to stay at the Kansas Citizens For Science forum to help write their theory with me. In hindsight, I was not fooling about that either.

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,21:15   

"chromosome territory"!?!?!?!?!?

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2013,21:40   

Here's an intro to what has been going on in the "chromosome territory" department:

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 18 2013,21:15)
"chromosome territory"!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.nature.com/scitabl....in-3025

--------------

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,01:40   

Gary, the only things of interest in this thread are the questions you refuse to answer and the theory you fail to explain.

Found a new toy, now it is "chromosome territories"?
Must be many more waiting for you out there.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,05:57   

Garymandius.....

Also....

Home by Christmas!

The issue of whether this is a scientific theory or not is essentially over. I'm currently working on the remaining highly vocal protesters who have been using the ID controversy as an excuse to use public school science classrooms to bash religion, and/or directly profit financially from the hysteria. Since they normally do not even read the theory before they begin bullying, it's a "bigger they are the harder they fall" sort of thing. Once the remaining political activists are finally and for good put in their place (hopefully within a month or two) the rest of the scientific community will be free to publish/discuss this without fear of being protested against, put out of business, fired, demoted, etc....

Fantasy.....

You really are a deluded fool aren't you Gary?

Genuinely deluded.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,07:49   

Quote (Woodbine @ July 16 2013,17:19)
What you write and what Gary reads are two separate things altogether. Even the most innocuous question has to pass through several layers of paranoia and psychosis before it reaches Gary's deranged kernel.

Yeah it's a cross between a classic Napoleon syndrome and Paranoid delusions.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,09:05   

Quote (Quack @ July 19 2013,01:40)
Gary, the only things of interest in this thread are the questions you refuse to answer and the theory you fail to explain.

I have to work for a living, and already wasted too much time answering to science-stopping insults.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,09:09   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 19 2013,10:05)
Quote (Quack @ July 19 2013,01:40)

I have to work for a living, and already wasted too much time answering to science-stopping insults.

yeah right

what kind of "work" do you do, Giggles?

i don't believe you do shit.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,09:46   

No, no -- it appears that that's all he does.

And as I've pointed out before Gary -- before you get to complain about 'science stoppers' you have to bring out some science.

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,12:29   

Gary considers being ignored equal to explicit support for his "theory."  I don't know how it's possible to be more delusional than that.  

There is also no evidence whatsoever that his trivial little demonstration (it's not an experiment, GG) "...made it into public school classrooms," and even if it did, it means nothing in terms of his "theory."

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,12:40   

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ July 19 2013,12:29)

Gary considers being ignored equal to explicit support for his "theory."  I don't know how it's possible to be more delusional than that.  

There is also no evidence whatsoever that his trivial little demonstration (it's not an experiment, GG) "...made it into public school classrooms," and even if it did, it means nothing in terms of his "theory."

If people ignore Gary, that's proof that he's right, because they would have disagreed otherwise.

If people disagree with Gary that proves he's right because they're desperate to discredit him.

If people ignore Gary's critics, that proves Gary is right because otherwise they would pile up on Gary.

If people did pile up on Gary, that would prove he was right. (See above)

Anything Gary types is related to his "theory" because it came from his head. Anyone using anything that came from his head has lent support to ID.

Anything that contains the word intelligence is proof that Gary is right because his ideas are about intelligence.

See how simple it is?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,15:26   

40 years in the making. 30 pages of gibberish.

The Time Cube Law states:
As the length of a webpage grows linearly, the likelihood of the author being a lunatic increases exponentially.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,17:57   

You know what I see when I read that link Gary?

I see phrases like "distinct predictions" and "experiment" and "results were clear".

Why don't you do stuff like make predictions based on your notions, do an experiment that actually involves your notions, and then show the clear results of your experiments?

Just a thought...

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,20:09   

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 19 2013,17:57)

I see phrases like "distinct predictions" and "experiment" and "results were clear".

Why don't you do stuff like make predictions based on your notions, do an experiment that actually involves your notions, and then show the clear results of your experiments?

Just a thought...

This origin of intelligence theory requires self-assembly that’s already demonstrated in schools, has a scale model of Earth shoreline where protein skimming concentrate the right organic molecules at the shoreline as shown in my avatar, and a computer model to demonstrate how to most simply produce intelligence is the Intelligent Design Lab at PSC to download and experiment with, and more than able examples of which biological process is where in the circuit for a systems biologist to know how what they already work on sorts out to be a familiar (even at the human brain level) cognitive circuit not a simple feedback system.

None in the science labs and classrooms need your or Wesley’s permission to as described in the theory experiment with protein skimming that made my avatar and such that all together adds up to very paradigm changing scientific theory that more than predicts it explains what standard science naming convention calls “intelligent cause/causation”. Science itself makes irrelevant all human opinions of what the Theory of Intelligent Design is and isn’t, .

There are millions of possible K-12 on up experiments from what is explained in this theory. You are scientifically powerless against it all. Only fooling yourself by thinking that such a thing is lacking.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2013,22:03   

Pure delusional bullshit gg ....are you on crack?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,01:11   

Quote (k.e.. @ July 19 2013,22:03)
Pure delusional bullshit gg ....are you on crack?

In my opinion you have to be messed up real good on something to think that you can get away with going against standard scientific naming convention and all else in science that’s against you from trying to make a theory go away by mocking and ridiculing biblical creationists.

I find it disturbing to think about a recent petition (thankfully this one failed to get enough signatures) for a federal law to ban the Theory of Intelligent Design from public school classrooms. With all said such a law quickly becomes a bad-example not seen since Stalinism, seriously. Will students have to be arrested and made example of by throwing in jail for bringing an Intelligence Design Lab they found at Planet Source Code to school? Or is that such an absurd thought that the judge might instead ask you to take a psychological examination to help figure out what kind of nuts are responsible for laws like that?

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,01:21   

Seriously, dude, you need to give up here. No-one's buying what you're selling.

Your time would be better spent taking English lessons.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,10:56   

Quote (fnxtr @ July 20 2013,02:21)
Seriously, dude, you need to give up here. No-one's buying what you're selling.

Your time would be better spent taking English lessons.

I dunno, that is a tard to word ratio of like 20:1

I suggest that if you can keep Giggles busy furiously pounding out spettle flicked 160 word tardiloquys with 8 word comments, we should keep him around.  

will keep him out of trouble elsewhere, i think

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,11:12   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 19 2013,20:09)

Just a thought...

This origin of intelligence theory requires self-assembly that’s already demonstrated in schools, has a scale model of Earth shoreline where protein skimming concentrate the right organic molecules at the shoreline as shown in my avatar, and a computer model to demonstrate how to most simply produce intelligence is the Intelligent Design Lab at PSC to download and experiment with, and more than able examples of which biological process is where in the circuit for a systems biologist to know how what they already work on sorts out to be a familiar (even at the human brain level) cognitive circuit not a simple feedback system.

None in the science labs and classrooms need your or Wesley’s permission to as described in the theory experiment with protein skimming that made my avatar and such that all together adds up to very paradigm changing scientific theory that more than predicts it explains what standard science naming convention calls “intelligent cause/causation”. Science itself makes irrelevant all human opinions of what the Theory of Intelligent Design is and isn’t, .

There are millions of possible K-12 on up experiments from what is explained in this theory. You are scientifically powerless against it all. Only fooling yourself by thinking that such a thing is lacking.

So,

1) Good grief, Gary, that's a reeking heap of garbled garbage.

2) We can add "scale model" to the concepts that Gary is totally clueless about. (How did you scale viscosity and surface tension in your demonstration, Gary?)

3)  
what standard science naming convention calls “intelligent cause/causation”
Whatever "standard science naming convention" is, there is nothing in science that legitimizes "intelligent cause/causation" in the extended sense that you wish to use.  Science has separate and unrelated naming conventions for species, asteroids, meteorites, tornadoes, rocks, soils, organic chemicals, elements, etc., etc., and you have no idea what you are talking about here.

4) Your thoughts offer neither predictions nor explanations, and it is delusional to think otherwise.

5) "Science itself makes irrelevant all human opinions of what the Theory of Intelligent Design is and isn’t, ." [sic]
Perhaps what you are trying to say is that conclusions arrived at through scientific analysis trump mere opinions, but since the "TID" is proposed and defined by humans (and interpreted and analyzed scientifically by humans), then what you are actually saying is ridiculous.  (Also, since only humans are known to have opinions about things, why on earth are you specifying "human opinions"?)

6) "You are scientifically powerless against it all."  Well, no.  You have yet to demonstrate the reality of the mechanism and processes that you propose ("molecular intelligence"), so your ideas are scientifically baseless, and lack all predictive and explanatory power.

7) "Only fooling yourself by thinking that such a thing is lacking."  To what is "such a thing" supposed to be referring?  (Your comprehensibility would be additionally improved by adding a subject and a verb.)

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,11:48   

Is there a newer version of CBEB.exe available? I can access most of Gary's C: drive and the webcam controller works great but it's a bit buggy when copying/deleting files.

Thanks.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,14:26   

Quote (Woodbine @ July 20 2013,12:48)
Is there a newer version of CBEB.exe available? I can access most of Gary's C: drive and the webcam controller works great but it's a bit buggy when copying/deleting files.

Thanks.

Make sure you're hacking the right IP number for him. Just to check, it ends in ".206"

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,20:23   

Quote (Woodbine @ July 20 2013,09:48)

Thanks.

I think we've successfully tested the "replace all text with unreadable gibberish" feature now.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Cubist

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,20:30   

Quote (JohnW @ July 20 2013,20:23)

Quote (Woodbine @ July 20 2013,09:48)

Thanks.

I think we've successfully tested the "replace all text with unreadable gibberish" feature now.

Given Gaulin's standard default level of comprehensibility, how could you tell whether this function is working?

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 20 2013,21:16   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 19 2013,20:09)

Just a thought...

Nothing you said requires "intelligence".

Nothing you write seems to require intelligence either.

--------------

18634 replies since Oct. 31 2012,02:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (622) < ... 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]