RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (622) < ... 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 ... >   
  Topic: A Separate Thread for Gary Gaulin, As big as the poop that does not look< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arctodus23

(Permalink) Posted: July 15 2013,23:53   

Gary, what is a 'RAM'???

--------------
"At our church’s funerals, we sing gospel songs (out loud) to God." -- FL

"So the center of the earth being hotter than the surface is a "gross
violation of the second law of thermodynamics??" -- Ted Holden

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,00:04   

Quote (didymos @ July 15 2013,23:24)

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 15 2013,20:05)
If the sensory is not directly connected to RAM address inputs (in either hardwired circuit or computer algorithm that simulates the circuit as is regularly done in electronics) then there is no (see page 3) "sensory addressed memory" therefore the circuit does not qualify as being intelligent.

Hmm. Now Gary, molecules don't have sensory inputs and they definitely don't have anything like RAM, so by your own criteria, they are not intelligent.

The mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascade is a highly conserved module that is involved in various cellular functions, including cell proliferation, differentiation and migration. Mammals express at least four distinctly regulated groups of MAPKs, extracellular signal-related kinases (ERK)-1/2, Jun amino-terminal kinases (JNK1/2/3), p38 proteins (p38alpha/beta/gamma/delta) and ERK5, that are activated by specific MAPKKs: MEK1/2 for ERK1/2, MKK3/6 for the p38, MKK4/7 (JNKK1/2) for the JNKs, and MEK5 for ERK5. Each MAPKK, however, can be activated by more than one MAPKKK, increasing the complexity and diversity of MAPK signalling. Presumably each MAPKKK confers responsiveness to distinct stimuli. For example, activation of ERK1/2 by growth factors depends on the MAPKKK c-Raf, but other MAPKKKs may activate ERK1/2 in response to pro-inflammatory stimuli.

http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bi....sa04010

http://www.genome.jp/kegg-bi....on=show

More wiring diagrams of molecular interactions, reactions, and relations, here.

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,00:08   

That's chemistry, GarGar Binks.  Where're the sensory inputs? Where's the RAM?

Also, you've pointed to a system composed of all sorts of molecules, when I commented about the molecules themselves.  Even if I concede that those pathways meet your criterion, that establishes jack and shit about the molecules themselves.  You can't just take properties exhibited by the entire system and then claim those same properties are possessed by the individual components.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron
Again "how much". I don't think that's a good way to be quantitative.-- gpuccio

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,00:18   

Quote (Arctodus23 @ July 15 2013,23:53)
Gary, what is a 'RAM'???

Random Access Memory

And please spare me the usual "but RNA and DNA never changes" because if that were true then you would not exist. The reason why should be obvious in a forum like this one that proclaims DNA-RAM has changed over time and bullies those who expect more information than just that.

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,00:27   

Quote (didymos @ July 16 2013,00:08)

Also, you've pointed to a system composed of all sorts of molecules, when I commented about the molecules themselves.  Even if I concede that those pathways meet your criterion, that establishes jack and shit about the molecules themselves.  You can't just take properties exhibited by the entire system and then claim those same properties are possessed by the individual components.

Since you obviously have no biological background at all, I would search for a tutorial that explains the molecular interactions, reactions, and relations of what is shown in the wiring diagrams. You can also look up cell signaling pathway and other things that are shown in the circuits.

--------------

Nomad

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,01:17   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 15 2013,22:05)
If the sensory is not directly connected to RAM address inputs (in either hardwired circuit or computer algorithm that simulates the circuit as is regularly done in electronics) then there is no (see page 3) "sensory addressed memory" therefore the circuit does not qualify as being intelligent.

If it cannot remember what it just guessed because sensory is connected to a ROM instead of RAM then it is not intelligent either. As the theory clearly states: The result is more of a zombie that may at first appear to be a fully functional intelligence but they are missing something necessary.

The requirement system works fine, but I cannot prevent others from not reading the instructions!

And apparently I can't force you to read the thing I just typed.  You're still going to have to face the facts that the sensor does feed into system RAM.  It has to in order to function.

I'll repeat the question.  How can an algorithm "tweak" the autofocus function without having any access to the AF sensor data?  What input it using to figure out how to "tweak" the focusing?

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,02:13   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 15 2013,22:27)
Quote (didymos @ July 16 2013,00:08)

Since you obviously have no biological background at all, I would search for a tutorial that explains the molecular interactions, reactions, and relations of what is shown in the wiring diagrams. You can also look up cell signaling pathway and other things that are shown in the circuits.

Typical.  Ignore the point made and then throw out an insult that actually applies to you.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,02:14   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 15 2013,22:18)
Gary, what is a 'RAM'???

Random Access Memory

And please spare me the usual "but RNA and DNA never changes" because if that were true then you would not exist. The reason why should be obvious in a forum like this one that proclaims DNA-RAM has changed over time and bullies those who expect more information than just that.

DNA isn't RAM, GarGar. Hyphenating does not make it so.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,08:30   

Quote (didymos @ July 16 2013,02:14)
Gary, what is a 'RAM'???

Random Access Memory

Which of the two memory types (RAM or ROM) DNA is, is not for you to decide, anyway.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,08:46   

Quote (Nomad @ July 16 2013,01:17)

If it cannot remember what it just guessed because sensory is connected to a ROM instead of RAM then it is not intelligent either. As the theory clearly states: The result is more of a zombie that may at first appear to be a fully functional intelligence but they are missing something necessary.

The requirement system works fine, but I cannot prevent others from not reading the instructions!

And apparently I can't force you to read the thing I just typed.  You're still going to have to face the facts that the sensor does feed into system RAM.  It has to in order to function.

I'll repeat the question.  How can an algorithm "tweak" the autofocus function without having any access to the AF sensor data?  What input it using to figure out how to "tweak" the focusing?

If the algorithm controlling the camera has no access at all to its sensory then it is impossible to add another algorithm to it that produces intelligence.

--------------

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,09:02   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 16 2013,08:46)

If the algorithm controlling the camera has no access at all to its sensory then it is impossible to add another algorithm to it that produces intelligence.

I'm at a loss as to whether you are really this obtuse and can't grasp simple concepts or you're deliberately not answering the questions put to you.  

Your answer to this question is completely nonresponsive.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,09:19   

What you write and what Gary reads are two separate things altogether. Even the most innocuous question has to pass through several layers of paranoia and psychosis before it reaches Gary's deranged kernel.

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,09:52   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 16 2013,08:30)
Quote (didymos @ July 16 2013,02:14)

Gary, what is a 'RAM'???

Random Access Memory

Which of the two memory types (RAM or ROM) DNA is, is not for you to decide, anyway.

Probably some kind of eeprom.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,11:15   

Quote (Woodbine @ July 16 2013,10:19)
What you write and what Gary reads are two separate things altogether. Even the most innocuous question has to pass through several layers of paranoia and psychosis before it reaches Gary's deranged kernel.

holy fuck that new chart is better than the old one

i would like for him to explain it in his own words

looool

Edited by Erasmus, FCD on July 16 2013,12:17

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,11:49   

that ID must be a religion and what I explain must be illegal to teach in the US public school classrooms

You continue to pretend that Intelligent Design belongs to you. It doesn't. The basic form of what we call ID is a set of somewhat coherent but vague and erroneous pseudoscientific statements invented or refined around the late 1980's and 90's when it was clear that straight-up creationism wouldn't be allowed in schools. It was a political and propaganda technique for circumventing church/state separation.

You don't have a theory, let alone an ID theory, despite your attempt to steal others' work and call it yours. ID theory, being a trojan horse for creationism, isn't allowed in science classes. Your 50 pages of gibberish is not, best I can tell, illegal to teach in science classes. It just won't ever be taught in science classes, because it's incoherent gibberish. Your mental problems aren't getting you anywhere in science.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,12:01   

Quote (Woodbine @ July 16 2013,10:19)

very true.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,12:05   

BTW, private schools are under no such restriction. Nothing legally prohibits a private school from teaching ID. So why don't you start contacting administrators of private schools and offering them unrestricted access to your remarkable new theory.

We would love you to publish their responses.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,14:32   

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ July 16 2013,09:02)

I'm at a loss as to whether you are really this obtuse and can't grasp simple concepts or you're deliberately not answering the questions put to you.  

I answered the question you asked, and already went into more detail than is necessary. Reread my earlier posts on the topic.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,14:37   

Quote (stevestory @ July 16 2013,11:49)
that ID must be a religion and what I explain must be illegal to teach in the US public school classrooms

You continue to pretend that Intelligent Design belongs to you. It doesn't. The basic form of what we call ID is a set of somewhat coherent but vague and erroneous pseudoscientific statements invented or refined around the late 1980's and 90's when it was clear that straight-up creationism wouldn't be allowed in schools. It was a political and propaganda technique for circumventing church/state separation.

You don't have a theory, let alone an ID theory, despite your attempt to steal others' work and call it yours. ID theory, being a trojan horse for creationism, isn't allowed in science classes. Your 50 pages of gibberish is not, best I can tell, illegal to teach in science classes. It just won't ever be taught in science classes, because it's incoherent gibberish. Your mental problems aren't getting you anywhere in science.

PotW

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,15:31   

Quote (stevestory @ July 16 2013,13:05)
BTW, private schools are under no such restriction. Nothing legally prohibits a private school from teaching ID. So why don't you start contacting administrators of private schools and offering them unrestricted access to your remarkable new theory.

We would love you to publish their responses.

whatcha gonna do, brother?

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Nomad

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2013,19:49   

Gary, you really need to focus on what I'm saying because you keep responding to things I never said.  I said nothing about adding another algorithm to it.  It was you who accepted that it could use an algorithm to control the AF mechanism.  Apparently I have to explain to you that if an algorithm is controlling the focusing then the camera's computer is in fact involved in the focusing.  And if the computer is involved in controlling it, logically it is connected to the sensor.  The sensor is connected to RAM, your only defense is lost.

I'm trying to get you to understand what you're saying.  You're saying that the computer in the camera is controlling the focusing, but it was intentionally designed so that the AF sensor is not connected to the computer at all but directly fed into the AF motor.  Why on Earth would anyone design such a thing that way, except to skate around the periphery of your four requirements?  You almost seem to be assuming that the engineers at Canon and Nikon and Sony are specifically designing their cameras in weird ways so that you won't consider them intelligent.

Gary, you're making unjustified assumptions that already ignore evidence I've presented to you.  You're doing this because without ignoring reality your four requirements fail.

And as such, you fail your third requirement.  Your confidence register is not corrected by anything.  Or, to put it in the way you prefer to look at it, your brain's confidence value is in ROM and as such you are unable to learn anything.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,01:53   

Quote (stevestory @ July 16 2013,11:49)

And you apparently have a problem with the concept called "big tent" where all were invited to help write the theory.

It’s not my fault y’all ran-off right after the show just got going. I spent years at ARN arguing that the theory I saw there was just enough to get in trouble with and they needed more than that. I was putting together origin of life experiments and before any of us knew of “chromosome speciation” research that was going on we had an excellent thread we all had fun, when for the very first time I wondered whether a Chromosomal Adam and Eve was possible. Mike Gene and others inspired what I was working on, by compiling all the latest diagrams and information on cellular metabolic circuits, and I linked to what I found that needed mentioning there. In time the competition of the same ideas between the same people in a forum that was not getting the hits/interest it hoped for led to frustration that and I was made gone but that didn’t help then others went to other forums too.

If nothing ever comes from all our work then the ARN forum failed its mission. But as it now stands, it was an excellent incubator. It’s just that after hatching we had to get out into the world. So here I am, in your forum, while others who now have many years of experience with me are carrying on elsewhere. After Dover it became easier for them to see what I saw coming, from what they had way back then like feedback circuit based theory that turned out to be one of the pieces in the Intelligence Design Lab puzzle but all alone that piece is not a viable Theory of Intelligent Design that also need Mike Gene’s circuit mindedness. In fact I recently had to show a couple more I found at Kegg, worth mentioning. Science sure didn’t have anything like that back in the ARN days.

In my opinion none of us from the ARN forum could not ask for better in showing that cells are intelligent, in an intelligent cause way. That’s why the concept is able to stand so well online at PSC, where it’s now science fun for those unafraid to go where none have ever gone before, in science. Connecting that theory into where consciousness comes from adds to that, to keep the search for our Creator going on through time without science ever being a problem. And there is the “culture war” aspect that where that mission actually succeeds what ends up in culture after musicians and other artists express their thoughts on things results in Alice In Chains checking in with their thoughts on "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" hypothesis. After hearing their sampler Wesley ends up the one needing to buy a CD, for blasting from their van wherever they go. All win some, lose some, but in the end something prevails to be proud of, for a lasting Theory of Intelligent Design.

I email the Discovery Institute when something new happens like the Intelligence Design Lab being published at PSC or I have a question such as pertaining to how to properly cite the source of the premise, that ended up being footnote #1 in the Preface/Premise explaining where this Theory of Intelligent Design came from.

1 Premise of this theory was proposed by the Discovery Institute, Seattle, WA, USA
Link

The Discovery Institute is happily credited. All who were there in the early days of ID theory trying to put something together are already used to my ways, and have to be thankful for being past the Faith No More - Falling To Pieces oxymoron for the ARN forum to like, even though their group name sounds religiously awful without other puzzling metaphor(s) with it.

I have all along taken time to better credit ones I know from the ARN forum and elsewhere. It’s another good time for that. If I was stealing credit then I would have to do the opposite. And none who I most tested at ARN (Wesley can sympathize with) have to worry about how things are turning out in this forum, where I’m now your problem to deal with. The ID movement can just enjoy the big tent attraction now here, brought to you by this Theory of Intelligent Design that for sure puzzles the heck out of you. This only further complements all who were with me in the ID incubator doing the science gathering needed for something to hatch.

Kegg info of interest and other things that may seem trivial to you, is keeping things the same as always for developing something science will accept, that started at the ARN forum, where at least the ID movement leadership/regulars stayed current and entertained by what was happening there. What was there that was of actual value to a theory is in this forum, right now. It’s in your face, but you can’t see it. And in it are the most scientifically driven of the movement, with genuine interest in what I showed from Kegg where two circuits with one shown as a block inside the other shows sensory to DNA connection/addressing, where one fits into a block of another. This might not interest you, but there are some in the ID movement who search in this detail for any sign that our genome and lineage has unexplained intelligence in it, that this theory finds has a molecular level in our lineage that was for billions of years striving to become a human, therefore we’re here one of them.

The Chromosomal Adam and Eve working out, adds to the new way of explaining the evidence, that is credit ARN forum, where that was first thought of but not in theory that required later found references to show “chromosome speciation” is real-science. And in a science class anywhere there is no need to teach the whole theory, just what they first found out about from it that deserves mention that’s published at PNAS and more that’s worth mentioning along with all else on human origin, along with good answer for a student who wants to know Adam and Eve is at, in the DNA evidence, that next has them at NCBI and beyond, without needing to teach the “Theory of Intelligent Design” just what is in the literature, that scientists have been working on, that shows we are chromosomally unique that eventually leads to a single couple that established our typical 46 chromosome design where Eve works in Genesis as a 47 which is not a 48 so she is expressing human traits that Adam fell in love with that were none the less in her, from having half the count of something. Scripture does not go into detail in regards to genetics that makes sense of that relationship, but finding it where Chromosomal Adam and Eve are at only helps keep them in spirit with what is in culture about their design that is said to have suddenly appeared, in a way that Darwinian theory was said to conclusively show could not be there. What can now be explained in any science class is what matters, in making some problems gone, on their own, without needing to teach the Theory of Intelligent Design just know about it being there, by enough science teachers for it not to be much of an issue just an interesting theory writing idea to learn from too.

All that I saw happen with scientific merit (regardless of some being religiously motivated towards a new paradigm) in metaphor has us this forum dancing with pandas and all that as in The Grates - Rock Boys Film Clip video, where it has to be all (included) or nothing. It might seem like Creed and overdone drama, but where I’m honest and pick the one song to show my feelings in regards to what was going on at the ARN forum and elsewhere where we were argumentative but still friends who had many good times together, even though at times annoyed each other.

My having long been where the theory was in development (and KCFS forum where university professor type audience was collected to debate the same thing there) already made me one of the memorable ID movement regulars, under the big-tent and were regularly overshadowed by usual names like William Dembski where you dwell on every word they say. What was happening at the ARN forum and elsewhere did not get much attention, which lead to not (yet) achieving their mission to soon have scientists flocking there in droves wanting more. The forum(s) eventually lost its novelty to become a place where we just talked to each other, with none else listening. But until the end I was where all else happening in ID was at, very much there.

As always, there is a side of me that would rather see their (within limits of science) dreams come true, than not. Already proved I was serious about rather seeing something scientific come from what they had, by not being afraid of what I found that works. I have to be a sucker for punishment to be in this forum with it, which at least certainly proves I was sincere about that. I don’t mind in the name of science giving it my all, where I can, for the ones who were admirably science gathering and coming up with new ideas, from routine science. It’s hard for you to see their influence in the how the theory turned out, but they’re there, and they know it.

Your effort to make it seem I’m from nowhere with something that the ID movement has never seen before, does not work in the big-tent, where all know better than that. And they have little reason to worry about my help, getting something paradigm changing forever into science, that you are completely powerless against, because of it being real science that is already where it needs to be to go on forever from there, without ever forgetting where it came from...

Edited by Wesley R. Elsberry on July 17 2013,06:20

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,01:58   

And oops, now my being half asleep by the time I posted broke the forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. I at at least put plenty of thought in the rest of it, so you know where I'm from, and why.

--------------

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,03:16   

If nothing ever comes from all our work then the ARN forum failed its mission. But as it now stands, it was an excellent incubator. It’s just that after hatching we had to get out into the world. So here I am, in your forum, while others who now have many years of experience with me are carrying on elsewhere.

Acts

(for the deluded).

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,06:12   

At last, Gary talks sense:  
...the ARN forum failed its mission.

Seconded.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,06:31   

Ah yes Mike Gene. He used to post at Telic Thoughts. I tried to comment at TT yesterday, and my comment was deleted. Censored, you might say. Gary, how many of your 1,763 comments have been censored?

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,07:00   

The Chromosomal Adam and Eve working out, adds to the new way of explaining the evidence, that is credit ARN forum, where that was first thought of but not in theory that required later found references to show “chromosome speciation” is real-science.

Gary, should we be affecting a Neanderthal accent when attempting to decipher crap like this?

For someone who is wont to write reams and reams of incomprehensible rubbish (while simultaneously complaining you don't have the time), you really are the worst writer ever.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,07:42   

Gary, in the two 'wiring diagrams' you posted...

where are the wires?

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

socle

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,08:43   

Right here:

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2013,09:15   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ July 16 2013,14:32)
Quote (Jim_Wynne @ July 16 2013,09:02)

I answered the question you asked, and already went into more detail than is necessary. Reread my earlier posts on the topic.

This is a favorite tactic of people losing arguments, especially amongst the IDC crowd.  Get backed into a corner and then claim the disquieting question(s) has/have already been answered.  It won't work here.

--------------

18634 replies since Oct. 31 2012,02:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (622) < ... 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]