RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (46) < ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... >   
  Topic: Can you do geology and junk the evolution bits ?, Anti science.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
David Holland

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 19 2009,16:10   

Scienthuse,
If you ever come back, I have some advise that I think you should take. Go to www.talkorigins.org and type louann miller into the search function and read everything she wrote. She has some good advise for someone in your position. She was writing about the talk origins usenet group but it applies here just as well. I think you'll find it useful.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 24 2009,10:34   

lololol clownshoes ain't coming back

but if you read the rest of the evolution fairy tale forum where he was discussing his efforts on this board..... TARD... you'll find some interesting reading.  what a bunch of idiots.

ummm  "some guy" (i'm watching you!!!! lololol) goes over there to be nice and say Hey you know what it's nothing personal but when you say stupid shit to people who know better than you do and act smarmy about it you are going to get pwned with vengeance.

and the tards go wild about moon dust.

and some other person shows up (looking at YOU TOO) and smacks all that around and includes some choice bits about most YEC science is garbage via Kurt Wise lololol

and the tards go wild about getting doubleteamed and dream up conspiracy theories

jesus what a bunch of morons.  no wonder clownshoes ain't coming back.  he is too stupid to find the thread.  so i thought i'd bump it!

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 24 2009,12:21   

That was a classic example of creationists in action. What dishonest assholes.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 24 2009,13:53   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Oct. 24 2009,10:34)
but if you read the rest of the evolution fairy tale forum where he was discussing his efforts on this board..... TARD... you'll find some interesting reading.  what a bunch of idiots.

"Ikester7579" who's the main mod at that site has to be one of the biggest dickheads in the entire YEC internet circus, and that's saying something.

He bragged he could show YEC supporting evidence, and when called on his bluff ("so show it") he locked the thread and threatened the asker with banning.  That'll learn those mean old evos!

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 24 2009,15:20   

I see that Clownshoes has been posting over there as recently as today.

Could it be that he's actually trying to learn something *first,* then he'll be back to crush modern science in the iron fist of his inescapable logic?

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 25 2009,00:59   

good god read the stupid here

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum....99&st=0

yup

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 25 2009,08:51   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Oct. 24 2009,22:59)
good god read the stupid here

http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum....99&st=0

yup

Helen Setterfield! They have Helen!

I hope they keep her.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 25 2009,22:22   

Holy fuck, but I just had to share this one from the EFT retard farm.

Clownshoes (AKA poster AFJ) is using the discovery of Chinese Cambrian age fossils to argue against evolution.  He quotes this from a Chinese paleonology site here.  So far so good, OK?

The Chengjiang fauna is basically a benthic (bottom-living) one in which most taxa lived directly on the soft,level seafloor. Few animals that lived above the seafloor were preserved, perhaps because they were able to flee from the periodic storm-induced turbidity flows that are presumed to have resulted in the preservation seen.

Note that last word in the above quote:

Now check out the argument:

AFJ:  Careful reading here will show this was a bunch of marine animals on the "soft, level seafloor..." Notice "...Few animals that lived above the seafloor were preserved." So here they are on the bottom. My question is WHY do they use the term "...periodic storm-induced turbidity flows that are presumed to have resulted in the preservation [scene]...?"

It does not say "preservation scenes" plural, but singular "preservation scene." A preservation scene on the "soft, level seafloor." This points to a one time burial event--not "..periodic storm-induced turbidity flows." These animals were covered simultaneously and quickly on the seafloor by a one time "turbidity flow."

:O  :O  :O

Careful reading indeed.  Words fail me.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 25 2009,22:51   

Clownshoes:  It does not say "preservation scenes" plural, but singular "preservation scene." A preservation scene on the "soft, level seafloor." This points to a one time burial event--not "..periodic storm-induced turbidity flows." These animals were covered simultaneously and quickly on the seafloor by a one time "turbidity flow."

Occam's:  That would be seen, not scene.

Clownshoes:  Nevermind.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 25 2009,23:24   

These animals were covered simultaneously and quickly on the seafloor by a one time "turbidity flow."

Er, to ask a silly question, but does he expect the same group of animals to have been buried multiple times? That's what the quoted paragraph appears to be saying.

Henry

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,00:20   

bwaaahahahaha

i'm sure the best use for this thread would be a hall of testament to the stupid things that clownshoes, alone, has said on that forum.

if you make a particular thread for those morons we may get more of them over here.  maybe in a "team" like they said somewhere on the PT thread at EFT.  what do you a call a team of tards?

hooooooooooly sheepshit there is dumb stuff over there

check out
this idiot

by the way which one of y'all is "numbers".  fess up now!

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,01:22   

alcatraz
Surely this must create a paradox for the Creationist point of view. As the speed of light is measuarble and imperical, how then can one hold the view that the Universe is only a tad over 6,000 years old?

clownshoes
Ahh yes and this is where it gets touchy,because modern science can not use anything metaphysical or supernatural, considering it irrelevant. But PEOPLE can consider on a personal level other things besides science.

It is interesting that, according to Genesis, the first thing God created WAS light. SO according to scripture light pre-existed everything, besides of course the Creator. It was always hard for me to understand this, and I can not be dogmatic of course, but it would seem obvious that light would not have been traveling from sources until God created the stars on day three or four.

I have always asked "Did he create light already filling the universe?" or "Was He the light?" Was light in a precursor form until the stars were formed?" Limited minds we have.

Hey you said it, moron, I just bolded it.

TARD

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,03:26   

Fred Williams had a thread there that started with him posting an image of a table of cytochrome-c proteins where he had removed the names of the species, saying that without knowing which ones to put together, no evolutionist could make a tree from the data. Someone came along and noted which numbered entries were more closely related, which Fred jumped on as being at odds with how the actual species were related. It turned out, though, that Fred had the usual misconceptions about relatedness and was handed his behind. Not, of course, that he would admit that. A branching diagram was produced based on the cyt-c data, and Fred added a green cloud covering all the interior nodes, adding a handy "fairytale" label. And near the end, a tree done with Phylip was produced, rather neatly puncturing Fred's original claim. One of the other mods went several rounds, perpetuating folk taxonomy in the face of being told that pinnipeds and cetaceans are not closely related, despite both being marine mammals. Eventually the thread was closed and the fellow who did the Phylip analysis was banned.

Apparently, when they ban someone over there, they may take a moment to change the signature line for the account to something that encapsulates their sense of frustration. For the fellow who did the Phylip tree, who was unfailingly polite under provocation, it included such awful things as wasting a mod's time. I suppose if you put things in front of people that they are obliged to either learn from or deny, that is a sure-fire timewaster.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

rhmc

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,06:58   

i appreciated spongle's banning as being:

Implying that most members here were to stupid to get it.

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,07:29   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Oct. 24 2009,13:53)

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Oct. 24 2009,10:34)

"Ikester7579" who's the main mod at that site has to be one of the biggest dickheads in the entire YEC internet circus, and that's saying something.

He bragged he could show YEC supporting evidence, and when called on his bluff ("so show it") he locked the thread and threatened the asker with banning.  That'll learn those mean old evos!

Now it can be told!

I probably should have known better but I did go there with the idea of trying to engage Clownshoes in a direct debate – addressing facts and real issues. I have to admit I was quite a bit put off by seeing some of the idiotic rules in effect but I did my best, starting wit a post about what I thought was sound advice about being careful about using reliable sources and backing up claims with proper references.

When ikester – whom I suspect is a paranoid sociopath – butted in I didn’t see any reason why I should waste time and effort on addressing all of his off-topic verbiage, and thought we all might be better served by addressing his opening gambit:

I can show by google search examples where you guys cannot even decide the DNA percentage we are different from chimps.

I actually was quite confident that he was wrong; that I could find evidence that he was just a snotty, misinformed and ignorant jerk. Without being a scientist, it nevertheless so happens that I have been reading a bit just about that subject. I guess he knew I’d got him, and he just closed the thread.

It is clear that those guys are not interested in debate, the forum is only a sanctuary for massage and comfort for their inflated egos.

When at last I decided to check out the details of the forum’s rules, topping that with uncle Fred’s “Warning to Christians”, I knew the bells were tolling for me. I just finished my time there with a goodbye post, based on Fred’s quote of “If Jesus is not the topic it is off topic.”

That was last night, when this morning I went over there just to verify the quote for this account of the incident, I found I am not even allowed to read the forum! I even included some words attributed to Jesus in my farewell note,

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.”

I completed that with a couple of lines of 21th century wisdom with advice to “silence and ban your adversaries.”

And that was that. Am I relieved, being done with them.

But before that, I thought that ikester had been a little too quick on the trigger and complained about that.

The guy who pm’d me with a reply that I’ll quote below here may feel betrayed because I make it public, but I am so horrified by uncle Fred’s site in addition to having been subjected to such idiotic abuse by ikester that I have lost whatever respect I might have had for everyone of them. They are bad company indeed; Jesus would have had them cast out of the temple along with the moneychangers.

I read a post made by a poor 19 years old boy there too, I really felt sorry for him, appearing like brainwashed and home schooled.

But here’s the promised quote:

Actually, he usually bans people for doing that. My guess is that because he saw that you were basically new, he gave you another chance. He just got finished doing a suspension trial to try and stop so much banning. But found out it was more trouble than it was worth because most people did not change after coming back.

ikester7579 is actually a mod with admin powers. He displays mod position because that is what Fred (the owner) wanted for some reason or another. He has total confidence from Fred in running this forum. He is actually in control when Fred is not here because he has been doing it for so long. He even built part of this forum, and often adds the new sections that you see.

He trains all new mods and promotes them to admin status when ready. So you would have to pm Fred because Fred overrides him. He does listen to us on things and we vote lots of times on whether to ban a member. But he often does things on his own because he has that power to do so.

I just talked to him about the situation. He said that the main problem is that you started a thread asking a question that you were not interested in hearing answers for. He considers those time wasting threads and usually closes them.

Just be happy that he did not boot you. And speak to Fred if you have anymore problems.

BWAHAHAHA.

Me having problems? That’s nothing compared to what they have…

I just hope they will take Clownshoes advice and come over here as ‘a team’. What fun that would be! We are here for the entertainment, are we not?

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,08:10   

I'll raise one for another sadly fallen sockpupett, Quack!

As for their "team", bring it on! That would be just great. *imagines the tardmy against the evilusionists. Hell maybe even FTK will be back!*

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,14:38   

aha Wes I linked to that discussion above.

Fred Williams has "pinned" it to the top of the forum queue as an example of something that demonstrates something very different from what he intends.

absolutely great tard reading.

i even tried to link to the image of  the green cloud "FAIRY TALE" cloud with monkey face he drew over the neighbor joining tree, but it's a .gif and it wasn't worth the bother.  what a maroon!

"you can't even draw the trunk of such a tree"  "Watch Me, Asshole"

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,15:12   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Oct. 26 2009,14:38)
aha Wes I linked to that discussion above.

Fred Williams has "pinned" it to the top of the forum queue as an example of something that demonstrates something very different from what he intends.

absolutely great tard reading.

i even tried to link to the image of  the green cloud "FAIRY TALE" cloud with monkey face he drew over the neighbor joining tree, but it's a .gif and it wasn't worth the bother.  what a maroon!

"you can't even draw the trunk of such a tree"  "Watch Me, Asshole"

Here ya go

--------------

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,17:27   

It may be okay to go there if you crave for a whiff of tard but I really think we should not honor them with the offering of comments there.

They've chosen what company to keep, it is well deserved!

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,18:17   

Quote (Quack @ Oct. 26 2009,18:27)
It may be okay to go there if you crave for a whiff of tard but I really think we should not honor them with the offering of comments there.

they won't last long anyway.  comments, that is.  maybe they'll send a merry band of tards out of their bubble and come over here and try to beat our boots to shreds with their faces but i doubt it.  you lot that are in there already, make it happen!!

--------------

creeky belly

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,20:45   

Quote (Quack @ Oct. 26 2009,17:27)

I debated whether or not to comment on the general relativity thread, it seemed like genuine interest on the part of the guy starting the thread. I had recently watched some BBC production called Einstein and Eddington, so I thought I'd share some of the history of the photograph of the eclipse, but another commenter (CTD) decided to crap all over the thread.

When you read stuff like:

(Of the null result from the Michelson-Morley interferometer) I do understand outright lies. Your mention of apparatus indicates you're not just repeating the textbook lie either; you want to sound like you know some of the history. I do know the history, as will anyone who follows my link and investigates. You just made my ignore list. Be not seeing you.

and

Get real. Attempts have been made to measure the speed of gravity, and it leaves light standing still. Newton may yet be vindicated, although I know quite well who'll never admit it. If you had repeated it the way they did it, you would've obtained the same results. Others have.

There's not enough HEAD-ON in the world to get through it.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,23:00   

gravitrons?  no way am i dipping my toe in that pool of tard.  i am still gasping from my last trip.

--------------

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 26 2009,23:29   

Get real. Attempts have been made to measure the speed of gravity, and it leaves light standing still.

As I understand it, though, that just means that objects being accelerated by gravity are pulled toward the current location of the other object, whereas light has a noticible time lag over astronomical distances.

As far as I can tell, that doesn't necessarily imply that any objects are moving faster than light.

Henry

creeky belly

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 27 2009,01:03   

Quote (Henry J @ Oct. 26 2009,23:29)

Get real. Attempts have been made to measure the speed of gravity, and it leaves light standing still.

As I understand it, though, that just means that objects being accelerated by gravity are pulled toward the current location of the other object, whereas light has a noticible time lag over astronomical distances.

As far as I can tell, that doesn't necessarily imply that any objects are moving faster than light.

Henry

Actually, from what I've read, measurements made on pulsar 1913+16 show that gravity propagates within 1% of the speed of light (in GR). This isn't quite a direct method, but considering the success of GR, its probably not a coincidence.

Peter Henderson

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2009,18:30   

According to AiG, there are a growing number of geologists who reject evolution:

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/aroundt....e-point

Interestingly, Dr. Mortenson has a PhD in the history of geology and is thus aware that there are a growing number of geologists who reject evolution (e.g., Dr. Andrew Snelling of Answers in Genesis).

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2009,19:08   

Quote (Peter Henderson @ Nov. 03 2009,18:30)
According to AiG, there are a growing number of geologists who reject evolution:

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/aroundt....e-point

Interestingly, Dr. Mortenson has a PhD in the history of geology and is thus aware that there are a growing number of geologists who reject evolution (e.g., Dr. Andrew Snelling of Answers in Genesis).

This growing number was brought to you by Truth in Creationism, an AiG company.

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2009,22:09   

Ah, so their claim is true for large values of 2?

Henry

Peter Henderson

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 04 2009,12:48   

Could AiG's atatement be tantamount to telling lies ?

Robert Byers

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 05 2009,04:30   

Quote (Peter Henderson @ Nov. 04 2009,12:48)
Could AiG's atatement be tantamount to telling lies ?

First time biblical creationist posting here. (there seems little traffic??)
AIG is a Christian forum of famous merit. They would not lie as opponents would take the lie to great lenghts and Christians would be very disappointed as we see ourselves as the moral and intellectual good guys on planet earth.

The growing number could mean just three more then before. Geologists are not that many, relative, in North america and so even a few is notable change.
Still the whole matter rests on the merits of the issues and not the quanity or quality of those behind any particular position.
I see geology as a good friend to Genesis and I do wish more kids became interested in it. Geology does tell a story of the past. Yet it must be figured out like at a crime scence.
Yet like in the Sherlock Holmes stories it matters who is Sherlock and who is scotland yard detectives. Both sincere seekers of the truth but one is wrong.
YEC is Sherlock Holmes.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 05 2009,05:14   

Quote (Robert Byers @ Nov. 05 2009,04:30)
They would not lie as opponents would take the lie to great lenghts and Christians would be very disappointed as we see ourselves as the moral and intellectual good guys on planet earth.

So, would you agree with AIG that dinosaurs and humans shared the planet at the same time?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

1350 replies since Sep. 08 2009,09:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (46) < ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]