RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >   
  Topic: AIG's Insane Museum< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
phonon

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,18:13   

Floating forest?

Kids, do you want to use silly "Human Reason" or God's word, that says there were floating forests and the Earth is 6000 years old? Here, have some ice cream.

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,18:21   

Quote (JohnW @ May 29 2007,12:50)
The Cretin Museum has a chapel.  So after your visit, just nip in there and help yourself to $20 when they pass the plate.

Take an extra $20, and give it to me so I can get in too.

:)

--------------
Editor, Red and Black Publishers
www.RedandBlackPublishers.com

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,20:24   

Quote (Dr.GH @ May 29 2007,17:52)
Quote (GCT @ May 29 2007,16:17)
Quote (JohnW @ May 29 2007,13:50)

Quote (GCT @ May 27 2007,12:58)
If I lived in the area I'd probably do it, although the thought of giving $20 to AiG is quite a deterrent.  It's not so much spending $20 as it is giving it to AiG.

The Cretin Museum has a chapel.  So after your visit, just nip in there and help yourself to $20 when they pass the plate.

The point was that I don't want to give my $20 to AiG.  Getting my $20 back wouldn't assuage my guilt at giving money to those snake oil salesmen.

Would stealing $40 help?

Only if it came from AiG.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,21:32   

Re "Kids, do you want to use silly "Human Reason" or God's word,"

The problem of course with "God's word", is deciding what person or persons get the privilege of deciding what God's word is.

Henry

ScaryFacts

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,21:46   

Quote (Henry J @ May 29 2007,22:32)
Re "Kids, do you want to use silly "Human Reason" or God's word,"

The problem of course with "God's word", is deciding what person or persons get the privilege of deciding what God's word is.

Henry

The question is like the classic:  "When did you stop beating your wife?"

If they phrased the question differently and more honestly:

"Kids, do you want to use scientific method, rational thought and observable evidence or an acient often contradictory document?"

I know most of you readying this board already said this to yourself, but I just had to say it out loud.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,21:51   

Quote (ScaryFacts @ May 29 2007,21:46)
The question is like the classic:  "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Or more to the point, "When will she stop beating me????"

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

ScaryFacts

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,21:56   

Back on topic:  Does anyone know if the "tours" are guided by real people (who can take questions) or are just driven along by a group of "World of Tomorrow" style pre-recorded messages?

Edit:  I am about 4-5 hours away, but would make the trip if I had the opp to actually ask questions of those in charge.  (And if my redhead was willing to be waiting for me afterwards...)

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: May 29 2007,21:58   

Quote (ScaryFacts @ May 29 2007,21:56)
Back on topic:  Does anyone know if the "tours" are guided by real people (who can take questions) or are just driven along by a group of "World of Tomorrow" style pre-recorded messages?

"Welcome, to the world of tomorrowwwww!"

do they have the "Whalers on the Moon" exhibit, I wonder?

--------------
"And the sea will grant each man new hope..."

-CC

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,04:13   

All I'm saying is that I know how to make certain volatile chemical compounds in situ and can afford a return flight to Kentucky. I am not in any way suggesting we bomb the "museum" at night when no one's around, nor that I fly over and do it. Nor am I advocating that kind of deplorable direct action or asking for anyone to pick me up from the airport, flight number BA8763.

I just thought I'd mention that.

Louis

P.S. Dear Security personnel the world over. Should this message board post reach you, please realise that it is humour, and not serious. There are no encoded messages apart from this one {FCUK FOF OYU ANZI LCONE CSUM. IGVE EM ABCK YM ICVIL ILBERTIES. AFSCIST UCNTS}, and no sleepers will be activated by the following phrase "The eagles they fly high in Mobile". If you have been having a good day, please stop and go petition your boss to stop channelling cash into ever more paranoid "security" and feed a couple of starving kids and buy your oil rather than kill for it. Yes I am willing to see my quality of life decrease to benefit that of others. Wow, a humanitarian!

--------------
Bye.

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,10:20   

Quote (Louis @ May 30 2007,04:13)
All I'm saying is that I know how to make certain volatile chemical compounds in situ and can afford a return flight to Kentucky. I am not in any way suggesting we bomb the "museum" at night when no one's around, nor that I fly over and do it. Nor am I advocating that kind of deplorable direct action or asking for anyone to pick me up from the airport, flight number BA8763.

I just thought I'd mention that.

Louis

P.S. Dear Security personnel the world over. Should this message board post reach you, please realise that it is humour, and not serious. There are no encoded messages apart from this one {FCUK FOF OYU ANZI LCONE CSUM. IGVE EM ABCK YM ICVIL ILBERTIES. AFSCIST UCNTS}, and no sleepers will be activated by the following phrase "The eagles they fly high in Mobile". If you have been having a good day, please stop and go petition your boss to stop channelling cash into ever more paranoid "security" and feed a couple of starving kids and buy your oil rather than kill for it. Yes I am willing to see my quality of life decrease to benefit that of others. Wow, a humanitarian!

Louis - You're taking a BIG chance that DaveScot will tattle to Dembski, who will tattle to Homeland Security...

That said, I will meet you in Chicago, but have taken the liberty of changing your flight plan to leave June 1, as you Brits say, and have booked you first class from Heathrow.  Unfortunately, we will have to fly "Traveller" class to KY, but I think that's what KY Jelly was invented for, right?

Incidently, I had to put the 4,178 pounds on your credit card, hope you don't mind.  You may also note that it's only a 1-way ticket, but hey, you'll be a martyer for The Cause, and remembered here for weeks after you're gone.  

http://www.britishairways.com/travel....riginal

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,10:36   

Quote (J-Dog @ May 30 2007,17:20)
Louis - You're taking a BIG chance that DaveScot will tattle to Dembski, who will tattle to Homeland Security...

{shrugs, points at self}

Not a yank. Homeland who? Let them quiz me, just make sure they wear the gloves!

If MI5 or MI6 bash my door down and ask me nasty questions I will explain to them in terms they will fully comprehend that I was joking. The UK intelligence services are actually intelligent on occasion. Shock horror.

After all Mark Thomas (google him, the man's a comedy genius) once jokingly offered his columnist's fee for his work in the New Statesman as a bounty on George Bush, and he got way with it. I'm merely discussing the destruction of a "museum" of lies constructed by a dead eyed delusional Aussie import.

£4k? But a pittance. And I don't have a credit card, I have a limitless charge card. In fact, I have that card usually at precisely the same time I am having sex with Eliza Cuthbert. Ah if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,19:09   

Quote (Louis @ May 30 2007,10:36)
Not a yank. Homeland who? Let them quiz me, just make sure they wear the gloves!

Just you wait till you find yourself "extraordinarily renditioned" to a gulag in Poland . . . . .

--------------

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,19:46   

Cranky ol' yank who think Hammie sideshow's rank is willing to hide ya in her house in Minnesota while you're running from the law, law, law. :D

I'll put you to work canning tomatoes. Loads o'fun.

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

qetzal

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,20:03   

Quote (Ichthyic @ May 29 2007,21:58)

Why not? If The Flood caused the Grand Canyon, no reason there can't be whales on the Moon. (Who says the flood waters couldn't rise high enough to put whales on the Moon?!!1!)

Maybe we could sic The Crushinator on Hammie's Playhouse?

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,21:09   

Quote (qetzal @ May 30 2007,20:03)

Why not? If The Flood caused the Grand Canyon, no reason there can't be whales on the Moon. (Who says the flood waters couldn't rise high enough to put whales on the Moon?!!1!)

btw, my earlier post was a shameless reference to futurama, which i was reminded of by the "world of tommorrow" phrase.

they had an episode where fry goes to the moon...

and they've made it into a thempark (ala disneyland), complete with a hugely distorted history including a recurring theme of "whalers on the moon" being the ones primarily responsible for exploring the moon to begin with.

yeah, silly, I know, but if you saw it, you'd immediately recognize the parallels with Hammy's new crapseum.

ARRR, here, matey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4kYZnnhRqo

I think even Fry, if he wandered into Hammy's crapseum, would have said the same thing he did in that clip:

"This is stupid"

which means a lot, coming from Fry.

--------------
"And the sea will grant each man new hope..."

-CC

qetzal

(Permalink) Posted: May 30 2007,22:13   

Quote (Ichthyic @ May 30 2007,21:09)
Quote (qetzal @ May 30 2007,20:03)

btw, my earlier post was a shameless reference to futurama, which i was reminded of by the "world of tommorrow" phrase.

they had an episode where fry goes to the moon...

and they've made it into a thempark (ala disneyland), complete with a hugely distorted history including a recurring theme of "whalers on the moon" being the ones primarily responsible for exploring the moon to begin with.

yeah, silly, I know, but if you saw it, you'd immediately recognize the parallels with Hammy's new crapseum.

ARRR, here, matey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4kYZnnhRqo

I think even Fry, if he wandered into Hammy's crapseum, would have said the same thing he did in that clip:

"This is stupid"

which means a lot, coming from Fry.

Watchin' the Big Piece of Garbage episode right now.

Classic.

Fry (after using the Smelloscope to smell Saturn (strawberries!) and Jupiter (pine needles!)): Just don't make me smell Uranus!

The Professor: Fry, they renamed it to get rid of that joke once and for all.

Fry: What do they call it now?

The Professor: Urectum.

Sorry. We now return you to your regularly scheduled creo-bashing.

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: May 31 2007,10:20   

Quote (qetzal @ May 30 2007,22:13)
Fry (after using the Smelloscope to smell Saturn (strawberries!) and Jupiter (pine needles!)): Just don't make me smell Uranus!

The Professor: Fry, they renamed it to get rid of that joke once and for all.

Fry: What do they call it now?

The Professor: Urectum.

Sorry. We now return you to your regularly scheduled creo-bashing.

Rectum?  It damned near killed him!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled creo-bashing.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 03 2007,22:08   

AIG is being sued by the Australian version of AIG

I hereby buy you all a round of drinks.

(sorry, you have to come to Chapel Hill to collect)

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: June 03 2007,22:56   

Quote (stevestory @ June 03 2007,22:08)

Hey, maybe we'll be able to buy a creation, uh, "museum" soon.  Really cheap.

(snicker)  (giggle)  

"Witchcraft"?  "Necrophilia"?

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: June 04 2007,17:37   

Quote (stevestory @ June 03 2007,21:08)

I hereby buy you all a round of drinks.

(sorry, you have to come to Chapel Hill to collect)

*Lifts cup of Hershey kisses* I'm bingeing in celebration.

"And the Lord didst create idiots, and lo(l) he saw it was terrible..."

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Paul Flocken

(Permalink) Posted: June 05 2007,13:38   

In a world created without death this should speak for itself.

--------------
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived, and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.  Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."-John F. Kennedy

phonon

(Permalink) Posted: June 06 2007,02:31   

http://www.mccranium.org/?p=506

Creation Museum needs a Geologist

Speaker and Researcher of Geology
   Reports to: Mark Looy (for the moment)

Duties and Responsibilities

- Speak to layperson (and occasional science) groups across the country as requested through AiG Outreach Dept. Expected travel a minimum of 25%.
   - Literature and field research.
   - Write regular articles for web and other AiG publications.
   - Produce books, DVDs, curriculum materials, etc.

Education, Experience and Skill Requirements

- Doctorate in geology preferred, or some other related scientific discipline (e.g., paleontology).
   - Minimum of 5 years’ field or teaching experience in study discipline.
   - Extremely strong knowledge of creation – understanding both the biblical and scientific arguments.
   - Articulate and engaging speaker is a must, along with the willingness to be mentored in order to become an even better speaker (i.e., to be “teachable”).
   - Ability to express concepts in writing

Items needed for possible employment

- Resume
   - Salvation testimony
   - Creation belief statement
   - Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home....Speaker

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 08 2007,15:58   

Ars Technica looks at the idiotic museum.

phonon

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,02:42   

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin....D34.DTL

The man who plays Adam in a video aired at a Bible-based creationist museum has led a different life outside the Garden of Eden, flaunting his sexual exploits online and modeling for a clothing line that promotes free love.

After learning about his activities Thursday, the Creation Museum in Kentucky pulled the 40-second video in which he appears.

"We are currently investigating the veracity of these serious claims of his participation in projects that don't align with the biblical standards and moral code upon which the ministry was founded," Answers for Genesis spokesman Mark Looy said in a written statement.

Is that a fig leaf or are you just happy to see me?

--------------

phonon

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,02:56   

Quote (stevestory @ June 08 2007,15:58)
Ars Technica looks at the idiotic museum.

I love some of the Flickr comments.

http://www.flickr.com/photos....1874014

Re: the ark

Which stateroom accommodated the 350,000 species of beetles?

oh...apparently they just needed a couple--the variety is supposed to have recovered rapidly after that :)

If they recover that fast and diversify just as fast,...
Well heck then all he really needed was like 2 mammals, 2 amphibians, 2 birds, 2 fish, 2 insects and 2 reptiles.

Oh I see,..

Boy! God is a tricksy one! God made him lug around all those extras so that they would have food for the journey. Unfortunately they forgot that the had to keep 2 of every animal GROUP and accidentally ate cyclopses first..
(See I should write for the museum, I can make up all kinds of crazy BS) Also Jesus was actually Asian, and the first Ninja ever!

Say, who was hosting all of those obligate parasites, bacteria, and viruses?? You know, like tapeworms, polio, smallpox, cholera, plaque, diptheria, etc., etc., etc... Those gems of God's creation obviously survived the flood, too.

Also Jesus was actually Asian,

no, you're wrong.

he was mexican.

I hope they made a safe place for the termites. So much wood ... yum yum.

So, I guess the whole idea of this crap-a-rama is to not ask yourself any questions that would obviously pop into the mind of a 9 year old. That's how it makes "sense".

I'm gonna go with Pirate Jesus rather then Ninja Jesus.

Jesus was neither pirate nor ninja. Jesus was a zombie. Who else would rise from the dead?

Gotta admiyt...pretty cool that Noah built that all by himself in short period of time too. I think even Chuck Norris would break a sweat doing that. Oh God helped? That makes sense then. It was one of those "I know it's impossible, but it has to be done so do it anyway."

*Sings* And don't you for get my Unicorns!...

--------------

guthrie

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,05:41   

Oddly enough, that building looks like a bank in the ArsTechnica article.  I wonder why?

Thats an interesting dress Eve seems to be wearing.  Shouldn't she be nude in the era before sin?  Putting a dress on her is against the biblical tenet, surely?

silverspoon

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,08:29   

If that’s supposed to be a replication of the ark, then AIG has gone a tad overboard (pun intended). According to the bible the ark was three stories high, not five.

--------------
Grand Poobah of the nuclear mafia

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,09:58   

Robot Chicken

God hates freaks.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,12:24   

Re "Jesus was neither pirate nor ninja. Jesus was a zombie. Who else would rise from the dead?"

A vampire?

Henry

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2007,11:26   

Oh lookie!  He's got some Canadian Competition!

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

93 replies since May 27 2007,12:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]