RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Topic: A question for IDers, This should be easy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,10:09   

I keep reading on UD about these things called "souls" which all humans have and apparently apes do to (but they may be located in a different spot).  I have never seen a soul, do you need a microscope or an x-ray or a splanitory filter to detect them?  Are they IC?  Did they evolve from earlier primates?

Could you tell me who discovered the soul, I assume that scientist must have won a dozen or so prizes for that discovery.  And how can we detect souls.  I'm looking for convincing evidence, not smarmy definitions.

Anyhow the intelligent design crowd seems to know all about these so-called "souls" so I thought I'd ask you instead of the satanists here.

Thanks!

Chris

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,10:48   

Quote (Mr_Christopher @ Nov. 07 2007,10:09)
I keep reading on UD about these things called "souls" which all humans have and apparently apes do to (but they may be located in a different spot).  I have never seen a soul, do you need a microscope or an x-ray or a splanitory filter to detect them?  Are they IC?  Did they evolve from earlier primates?

Could you tell me who discovered the soul, I assume that scientist must have won a dozen or so prizes for that discovery.  And how can we detect souls.  I'm looking for convincing evidence, not smarmy definitions.

Anyhow the intelligent design crowd seems to know all about these so-called "souls" so I thought I'd ask you instead of the satanists here.

Thanks!

Chris

I got a couple at the ends of my feet - right in front of the heels.

What?  Homonym you say?  Who's a homo?!  Oh.  Never mind.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,11:26   

Quote (Mr_Christopher @ Nov. 07 2007,08:09)
Could you tell me who discovered the soul

Yes.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Assassinator

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,11:43   

Nooo he didn't JohnW!!!
As a prolific singer, songwriter, bandleader, and record producer, Brown was a pivotal force in the evolution of gospel and rhythm and blues into soul and funk.

And we all know that doesn't exist! Damn you JohnW, you Stalanistic Satan-worshipper!!!

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,12:10   

We do know that the soul weighs 21 grams.  Although Mr. Brown's may be heavier.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

hereoisreal

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,12:30   

Grafitti moved manually to This page of the Bathroom Wall

hereoisreal, keep your numerological/mystical/mythological musings to your own thread or The Bathroom Wall.  This thread is for the discussion of the Question for IDers.

Thanks,

Lou FCD

--------------
360  miracles and more at:
http://www.hereoisreal.com/....eal.com

Great news. God’s wife is pregnant! (Rev. 12:5)

It's not over till the fat lady sings! (Isa. 54:1 & Zec 9:9)

Assassinator

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,12:53   

I'de like to speak to God, and since he's God afterall it would be nice if he could place a post in this topic. Ya know just to varify things. Is communication that much to ask?

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,13:02   

I had a gril friend (who was a christian) break up with me once.  One of her complaints about me was my lack of communication.  

I'm all "I forget to call you a few times and you want to break up, yet you love this god fellah who's NEVER called you, NEVER replied to ANY of your prayers, NEVER sent you a birthday card, NEVER even spoken to you, and failed to even show up at your graduation, and you think *I'm* bad at communication?!"

Crazy.

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,13:07   

Quote (Assassinator @ Nov. 07 2007,10:53)
I'de like to speak to God, and since he's God afterall it would be nice if he could place a post in this topic. Ya know just to varify things. Is communication that much to ask?

"If only God would show me a sign.  Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank."
- Woody Allen

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

hereoisreal

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 07 2007,13:55   

Grafitti moved manually to This page of the Bathroom Wall

hereoisreal, keep your numerological/mystical/mythological musings to your own thread or The Bathroom Wall.  This thread is for the discussion of the Question for IDers.

Thanks,

Lou FCD

--------------
360  miracles and more at:
http://www.hereoisreal.com/....eal.com

Great news. God’s wife is pregnant! (Rev. 12:5)

It's not over till the fat lady sings! (Isa. 54:1 & Zec 9:9)

9 replies since Nov. 07 2007,10:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]