RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (23) < ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 >   
  Topic: The Guts/Nelson Alonso Thread, From Telic Thoughts, With Love< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,14:41   

Quote (Chayanov @ July 09 2008,12:35)
Hmmph. Clearly you simply edited out the "Edited by..." on all his posts.

Joy would never do that on *her* mountain.  :angry:

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,14:43   

Nelson's saying we edited his posts to make him look bad? That's rich. BTW, it's also an indirect admission that what he said here makes him look bad.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,14:44   

Quote (stevestory @ July 09 2008,15:43)
Nelson's saying we edited his posts to make him look bad? That's rich. BTW, it's also an indirect admission that what he said here makes him look bad.

What he said here makes him look way worse than bad...

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,15:07   

How can people be so daft that they think a hundred intemperate blog posts is a scientific revolution?

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,15:17   

Quote (stevestory @ July 09 2008,13:07)
How can people be so daft that they think a hundred intemperate blog posts is a scientific revolution?

Well, as Rumsfeld said, you go to war with the army you have.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Joy

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,16:23   

Chatfield:
Joy would never do that on *her* mountain.

It *is* my mountain, Arden. This property didn't get confiscated for National Forest or State Park because it's right in the smack-dab middle of the NS railroad grade over the continental divide. We take care of it as if it were a national treasure.

I've lived on the beach. Nice except for the high-rises. I've lived in the Rockies. Spectacularly beautiful, not very friendly. But I grew up in these abundant mountains, and this is where I've retired. I take it seriously, will guard them with my life.

I've never lived in the swamps. I don't like swamps, even after I got my Florida Real Estate license to sell swampland to Yankees legally. Never did, because let's face it... it's swampland. You can screen in your porches, but if you go outside you're going to get equine encephalitis. Really. Had a co-worker who's father died of it - he couldn't afford a screened porch.

Cajuns, on the other hand, do like swamps. They live there, so that surely means something. I have no problem with Cajuns living in swamps if that's what they like, but I'd never choose it. I'm a Highlander. I presume they'd feel like space aliens here.

*My* mountain is Mitchell. Highest mountain east of the Mississippi, south slope off Heartbreak Ridge. At one time the tallest mountain on earth, a volcano. Now worn down to the Seven Black Brothers, actually the rim of the cauldera. I am here on purpose.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,16:29   

Joy, thanks for visiting 'the Swamp'. Stay a while.. no-one is small minded enough to call for banning you because of your association with Telic Tards. Is the air thin where you live?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,16:37   

Quote (Joy @ July 09 2008,14:23)
Cajuns, on the other hand, do like swamps. They live there, so that surely means something. I have no problem with Cajuns living in swamps if that's what they like, but I'd never choose it. I'm a Highlander... I am here on purpose.

And in the mountains it's easier to steer clear of them Gummint agents tryin' to suppress your superconductivity research.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,16:40   

Quote (keiths @ July 09 2008,16:37)
Quote (Joy @ July 09 2008,14:23)
Cajuns, on the other hand, do like swamps. They live there, so that surely means something. I have no problem with Cajuns living in swamps if that's what they like, but I'd never choose it. I'm a Highlander... I am here on purpose.

And in the mountains it's easier to steer clear of them Gummint agents tryin' to suppress your superconductivity research.

HAR HAR I CAN HAS PROTECTIONS FROM DEAF RAYS!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

silverspoon

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,17:51   

Richard, You REALLY want a conspiracy theory?

Facts? (4+ / 0-)
Recommended by:
peace voter, randallt, ghengismom, indycam
Honestly, nora. If y'all were really up on your facts you'd have recognized the name long ago. My only brother was murdered by the nuclear Mafia back in 1980, in an attack on my husband and family. We've testified to Congress and to the NRC (for all the good it did) to try and prevent the restart of unit 1. We had two single-digit midgets at the time (grown now, one dead - brother had three children at the time, the youngest just 5 minths old).
So don't sit here and tell me I don't know whereof I speak. You are free to ignore whatever I have to say, but your concern trolling and pro-nuclear lobbying is not something I ignore as harmless as we move into real planning for our energy future. We've plenty of other options you also don't have to like. Argue against them, post pro-nuclear screeds, be who you wanna be. But you'll never convince me. I have as much right to my opinions of nuclear as you do.
People First Politics
by Joy Busey on Thu Jul 26, 2007 at 12:09:50 PM PDT

1973. (2+ / 0-)
Recommended by:
ghengismom, indycam
Two years younger than my youngest, who I buried in 1992. (grandchildren are going to college this time next year!). You probably could have read about it in the '99 class action suit (2000+ plaintiffs), but Judge Rambo disallowed all their experts. Including us, which is fine with me since I went back and forth with the FBI for two years trying to find out if we could refuse to comply with a federal subpoena. I was told there "are no records" on us or my brother, despite there having once been a major FBI investigation in which all our relatives, friends, and friends' relatives were personally interviewed, along with a nationwide FBI all-points-bulletin while we were at Harvard undercover in the library sub-basement copying Kemeny TATF reports...
Rocky Mountain News, Washington Post, NBC, you name 'em, they had it. My husband's probably the only human to have eaten fire in the WaPo newsroom. Had our portraits made never to be printed anywhere. But we did get some help from our old friend Mike Synar (last honest politician in America, R.I.P.) and David Boren (chair of the then Senate Intel Oversight Committee). Made a deal. They stop trying to kill us, we stop trying to tell the truth. A deal they had to know we'd never keep, of course...
I've buried my kin. He was HP site coordinator at the Hatch nuclear plant in Georgia when they killed him. He'd come to visit us in hiding in New Mexico, while aiming at us. Yes, it's the nuclear Mafia. They're insidious (I come from Oklahoma. We also knew about Kerr-McGee). What's true is true, no matter how hard they spin it. No Nukes. Ever.
People First Politics
by Joy Busey on Thu Jul 26, 2007 at 12:56:45 PM PDT
[ Parent ]

From here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/26/12537/2035/293/362778

* all bolding is mine

Hi Joy. Remember that guy who BROKE EVERY BONE IN HIS BODY? He retired last month.[QUOTE

--------------
Grand Poobah of the nuclear mafia

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,18:00   

Kind of blurs the usual political stereotypes. Creationism, Kos, No Nukes, Conspiracy.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Joy

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:06   

silverspoon:
Hi Joy. Remember that guy who BROKE EVERY BONE IN HIS BODY? He retired last month.

You've been at North Anna for the past 35 years? Wow... what a waste of life. I probably know you... care to give a name? No doubt you also remember the Hinkles who 'toked up and decided to play with the hatch crane one night. Real casualties that time, and there are the poor guys who got skewered by the control rods... You're a Hinkle-Herder?

What's your point? Are you calling me a liar, right when I went ahead and signed-in? I can surely leave, you know. How many millions of curies of iodine went out the stack? I've got the release figures right here (hint: Kemeny reduced by a factor of 10). Stop playing macho games. I'm not buying it, been there and done that. It's way old news, honey.

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:21   

HI JOY!  You're awesome.  Love your posts and comments at TT!  I'm you're biggest fan - in this neck of the swamp anyway!!!!

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:28   

Oh brother, the world's coming to an end.  What's next?  Gloppy spilling guts on the Uncommonly Dense thread?  Behe guest-posting at ERV?

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:32   

Quote (olegt @ July 09 2008,19:28)
Oh brother, the world's coming to an end.  What's next?  Gloppy spilling guts on the Uncommonly Dense thread?  Behe guest-posting at ERV?

OMG, wouldn't that be a blast!!!!!11111!!!!

I'd have to divorce my family, hole up somewhere and live via the Internet.

Let's mingle people!!!!

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

silverspoon

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:40   

Quote (Joy @ July 09 2008,19:06)
silverspoon:

Hi Joy. Remember that guy who BROKE EVERY BONE IN HIS BODY? He retired last month.

You've been at North Anna for the past 35 years? Wow... what a waste of life. I probably know you... care to give a name? No doubt you also remember the Hinkles who 'toked up and decided to play with the hatch crane one night. Real casualties that time, and there are the poor guys who got skewered by the control rods... You're a Hinkle-Herder?

What's your point? Are you calling me a liar, right when I went ahead and signed-in? I can surely leave, you know. How many millions of curies of iodine went out the stack? I've got the release figures right here (hint: Kemeny reduced by a factor of 10). Stop playing macho games. I'm not buying it, been there and done that. It's way old news, honey.

Here only 26 years. Other places from 74 till then. George didn’t break every bone in his body. Five or six according to him, plus major internal injuries. But what would he know. Either you lied or you are delusional beyond repair. I think the latter is the case given the highlighted portions of your comments I posted.

--------------

Frostman

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:50   

I had not known anything about Joy outside of a handful of Telic Thoughts quotes.  Assuming it is true that so much of her family has died, her worldview seems rather less funny when I consider the conditions under which it was formed.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,19:54   

Indeed. Joy, if you've lost loved ones then my deepest sympathies.

--------------

silverspoon

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,20:04   

Quote (Frostman @ July 09 2008,19:50)
I had not known anything about Joy outside of a handful of Telic Thoughts quotes.  Assuming it is true that so much of her family has died, her worldview seems rather less funny when I consider the conditions under which it was formed.

I don’t think it’s funny either, Frostman. The point of my post was to reinforce what type of people  you were dealing with during your time at TT. They are both dishonest, as in Guts case, or delusional as in Joys.
That’s two of the four major contributors at TT.

--------------

Frostman

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,20:48   

silverspoon, I did not intend to give the impression that my comment was directed toward you.  I still assess Joy to be delusional, it's just that I acknowledge a tragic backstory as well.

Joy

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,20:49   

silverspoon:

The point of my post was to reinforce what type of people  you were dealing with during your time at TT. They are both dishonest, as in Guts case, or delusional as in Joys.

I've no problem dealing with trolls, jerks and liars in cyberspace, spoon. I have never been dishonest, as your own citations from DKos demonstrate graphically. That was a real, live episode in my life. Not all of us made it out alive. And it's haunted us ever since.

Would I do it again? I got asked that question after giving the 5-minute rundown this past Independence Day weekend by my 18-year old grandson by son who died too young. Yeah, I would. Because I could, and nobody else (in their right mind) would. I am as foolish today as I was when I was when I was an incredibly good-looking 27. Besides, I don't have to raise anybody's children anymore. My grandsons are 18, duly registered for the draft so they can go to college. We served during draft time, know what that means.

But then, I'm a brat. My Dad was a commander when I was born, in Olongapo. I hear it's the "asshole of the universe," and then Punatubo erupted and it went away. Where are YOU gonna go when the volcano blows?

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,21:32   

Hi, Joy

We've never met on your blog, I'm just a biologist and swamp denizen. But I have a question for you, reprised in this comment. Briefly, the very first time I read TT I encountered a comment by you that revealed a stunning ignorance of modern biology (as you will see if you click that link). That's OK, lots of folks get out of their element and everybody has gaps in their knowledge. But you still felt that you could comment about biology. Most reasonable folks don't wade into areas where their ignorance shows quite so badly.

So I guess my question is this. Based on my readings at TT, it appears that both you and Nelson know next to nothing about biology. Yet this whole discussion is about biology, trying to distinguish between two explanations for the observed diversity of life on this planet. Why do you think anyone should listen to your pontifications when it is quite clear that your knowledge of the subject matter (biology) is exceedingly shallow?

thanks

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Joy

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,21:56   

So I guess my question is this. Based on my readings at TT, it appears that both you and Nelson know next to nothing about biology. Yet this whole discussion is about biology, trying to distinguish between two explanations for the observed diversity of life on this planet.

I've never been a working biologist other than seriously applied bio-physics in action. But my elder sister (we shared a room for 17 years!) is a Ph.D. plant physiologist. And I grow ginseng, goldenseal and black cohosh (endangered all) right here that I can see out my window. That sister (unlike the other two, who went into medicine/programming instead) was once the world's foremost expert in American Mandrake as a treatment for cancer (now bioengineered into ridiculousness). We're planning a Materia Medica. Have been planning it for the past 40 years.

Why do you think they call it "Health Physics?"

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:07   

Quote (Albatrossity2 @ July 09 2008,21:32)
Hi, Joy

We've never met on your blog, I'm just a biologist and swamp denizen. But I have a question for you, reprised in this comment. Briefly, the very first time I read TT I encountered a comment by you that revealed a stunning ignorance of modern biology (as you will see if you click that link). That's OK, lots of folks get out of their element and everybody has gaps in their knowledge. But you still felt that you could comment about biology. Most reasonable folks don't wade into areas where their ignorance shows quite so badly.

So I guess my question is this. Based on my readings at TT, it appears that both you and Nelson know next to nothing about biology. Yet this whole discussion is about biology, trying to distinguish between two explanations for the observed diversity of life on this planet. Why do you think anyone should listen to your pontifications when it is quite clear that your knowledge of the subject matter (biology) is exceedingly shallow?

thanks

She's almost as good with physics.  Understands next to nothing but feels an urge to pontificate on the subject.  Big fan of Matti Pitkänen, a certified crackpot.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:13   

wooooowww.

Just when you think a thread couldn't get any freakier...

--------------

Joy

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:21   

Oh, Oleg. I've known Matti for many more years than I've known you. Yeah, he's over-stretched. Have you ever attempted his math, or are you scared of it?

Mostly for the multi-sheeted spacetime, a manageable 8 dimensions rather than string's 11, 22 or infinities. You do recognize a new math may be afoot, don't you?

Yeah, my son's "Miracle" got a whole chapter in Matti's TGD [Consciousness] book. I think that's rather cool, but you can call it crazy if you like. I don't mind.

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:32   

My my.  This is a lot of fun in a cruel sort of way.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:34   

Quote (Joy @ July 09 2008,22:56)
I've never been a working biologist other than seriously applied bio-physics in action. But my elder sister (we shared a room for 17 years!) is a Ph.D. plant physiologist. And I grow ginseng, goldenseal and black cohosh (endangered all) right here that I can see out my window. That sister (unlike the other two, who went into medicine/programming instead) was once the world's foremost expert in American Mandrake as a treatment for cancer (now bioengineered into ridiculousness). We're planning a Materia Medica. Have been planning it for the past 40 years.

Why do you think they call it "Health Physics?"

I have some lovely daisies in front of my porch and some rockin' pink impatiens.  Plus these other little flowers that are real purty, but I forget what they're called.  My neighbor used to grow weed as a treatment for stress. (Statute of limitations expired, piss off.)  He wasn't the world's foremost expert, but he was good enough for the neighborhood.

Guess I should teach all them nasty biologists a thing or two, too.

ETA Why do you think they call it "Quantum Flower Mechanics"?

Edited by Lou FCD on July 09 2008,23:35

--------------

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:41   

Joy, while it may be hard to imagine objects in more than 3 dimensions, the math isn't necessarily harder.  So whether it's 8, 10, or 26, the game is pretty much the same.  

And in infinite dimensions things tend to simplify, so people sometimes organize a calculation with the infinite number of dimensions as a starting point and hope to get back to d=4 via a perturbation theory with 1/d as a small parameter.  Check it out: Quantum gravity at a large number of dimensions.  

I'm not scared of Matti's math, I just don't see any point in digging through it.  High investment, low return.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Joy

(Permalink) Posted: July 09 2008,22:46   

Buh-bye.

689 replies since July 05 2008,14:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (23) < ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]