RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,06:19   

And oleg- I do undersatnd why you would stay away from watermelon attracting ticks- to you new knowledge is a bad thing...

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,06:48   

Kevin you can't even answer for your false accusation about some alleged strawman I created.

We have to get over that hurdle FIRST.

Heck you are too stupid to understand that there is a difference between "evolution" the thing and the "theory of evolution" which discusses that thing.

IOW we have a couple of hurdles to get over before we can discuss anything else.

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,06:58   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 07 2012,06:17)
Your mother doesn't think I am a chicken...

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it. We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:10   

I think we're done with the implied threats of visiting people offline.

That kind of stuff needs to move elsewhere.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:15   

Kevin- you are retarded- it does not matter what it is called- call it sheer dumb luck or shit just happens as opposed to the blind watchmaker- it is still the same fucking thing. It is still juts matter, energy, necessity and chance.

IOW you have serious cowardly issues.

And if we cannot get beyond this then there is no hope that you will ever understand any data.

And BTW you don't even understand what I said about the second law- so perhaps you could start by demonstrating an understanding of what i said and then perhaps we can get into some calculations.

--------------

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:24   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 07 2012,07:15)
And BTW you don't even understand what I said about the second law- so perhaps you could start by demonstrating an understanding of what i said and then perhaps we can get into some calculations.

No one does, Joe, even though a few of us here know thermodynamics and statistical physics quite well. This stuff is clearly above your head.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:26   

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 07 2012,07:24)

No one does, Joe, even though a few of us here know thermodynamics and statistical physics quite well. This stuff is clearly above your head.

You mean no evotard does-

The point is oleg, you cannot support your position as sated in the post you selectively quoted from.

And by your selective quoting you are admitting that you are a coward.

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:27   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 07 2012,07:19)
And oleg- I do undersatnd why you would stay away from watermelon attracting ticks- to you new knowledge is a bad thing...

he said "knowledge"

oh shit i am about to POP

baaahaahahahahaha

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell.Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:33   

Joe, none of the present topic of conversation has anything to do with biology.  At all...

That's the first hurdle we have to clear.  

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (which you claim prevent life from arising from non-life) is a simple equation that governs how heat flows and how we can track the useful work.  That's all.

It has nothing to do with life, complexity, or information.  Zero.

You have used basic schoolyard tactics. "No, I really understand it, but I don't think you do, so explain it."  Whatever.

It is noted that you do not understand the basics of thermodynamics.  Even to the point of understanding what it actually applies to.

You see, as you completely failed to understand 5-6 pages ago.  There are rules that govern how things happen in our universe.  

Here are few of those basic rules:
Heat flows toward an equilibrium.
Matter attempts to find the most stable form with the lowest potential energy.
Likes attract, opposites repel.

Using those three rules, we can pretty much define all of chemistry, which defines what atoms and molecules do.

Now, back to my example, since you obviously don't understand the second law.  I would have actually accepted several answers, since I didn't fully define the problem.  But the basic statement is that in a closed system, water cannot disassociate into hydrogen and oxygen.  Why?  Because it requires an input of energy to do (220 kilo calories per mole of water (and how much water is in a mole Joe... mass please?)).

In a closed system, there is no input of energy.  And that is where all of the creationist complaints about the 2nd law fail.  In a closed system, it would be impossible for life as we know it to form, grown, develop, reproduce, etc.  

Yet, we actually see living things grow, develop, move, etc.  Therefore, the conclusion that creationists know what they are talking about is wrong.

Now, since I wasn't specific, I will allow you to assume that there was sufficient energy to decompose all the mole of water into hydrogen and oxygen.  What happens then?  The entropy of the water has decreased (ZOMG!??!?!?! Seriously).  Yes, 220 kilocalories of heat energy were used to break the atomic bonds.

So what happens when they recombine?  Nothing because they will not spontaneously recombine.  There is a reaction hurdle there.  O2 and H2 are pretty stable molecules and the tendency is for them not to react unless more energy is used to get them over the first hurdle.  

If you have that small spark of energy, then that energy is non-recoverable, even during the process of capturing the energy of the explosion.  The total entropy of the system decreases... due to waste heat.  Just a little bit, but it does.

That's how thermodynamics works and that's ALL that it does.

Are you now ready for Kevin's information challenge?  This has nothing to do with evolution either.  Once again, this will show that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and that the 'principles' of ID are utterly without value.

Are you going to man up and defend ID or let everyone on the planet just assume that it's useless.  Remember Joe, this has nothing to do with evolution.  This is purely ID principles here.  

Once again, you don't even know what my position is, much less if I have or can defend it.  

BTW: I still note that the Dawkins quote with book/journal and page number is curiously absent from your statements.  Joe, seriously, I'm not defending my argument because you have yet to make a single verifiable claim against my argument.

You said (paraphrase) Dawkins said the blind watchmaker is how evolution must happen.  I'll go look it up in a minute.  It's buried behind 4-5 pages of you telling people they are stupid (projection).

I know you have trouble with more than two sentences in memory... so I'll let you parse out the proper response (hint: It doesn't involve insults or threats).

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,07:38   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 06 2012,15:20)
Quote (REC @ Mar. 06 2012,15:17)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 06 2012,15:15)
No kevin- the blind watchmaker is more than an ananlogy- it is a thesis

And you are still a childish imp

Could you state what you think the 'blind watchmaker' thesis is?

Again? For biology see dawkins

But anyway it would materialism's claim that matter, energy, necessity and chance are all that is required-> ie our existence is due to the unplanned, unguided interactions between matter and energy

Here it is.

Umm Joe, let me ask you something about this claim here.  Energy and matter... what else is there in the universe?

Necessity and chance?  You've just described natural selection acting on variation due to mutations.

"unplanned, unguided"  Yeah, that's pretty much it.

However, that does not equal 'random', remember the laws of the universe that you have trouble with.

Ah well... you can't find the quote anyway.  Even if you did, it would be a waste of time explaining the concept of 'analogy'... again!

--------------

Tom A

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,08:41   

What you have to say about the second law is totally irrelevent. It's clear that if you don't understand one of the basic principles of chemistry--molarity--there's no way in hell you learned anything about thermodynamics.

You have exposed yourself as a total fraud.

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,08:42   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 07 2012,07:33)
Likes attract, opposites repel...

I don't understand that bit, is it a typo?

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,09:01   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 07 2012,08:42)
Likes attract, opposites repel...

I don't understand that bit, is it a typo?

I was thinking along the lines of ionic bonding.  Chlorine takes an electron from sodium, resulting in a + ion and a - ion that are attracted to each other.  

Same with magnetic poles, resulting in a magnetic field (that can cause various other effects).

Does that help or was I totally off my rocker this morning?

Oh, I finally see what I did.  Yeah... totally off my rocker this morning.  Sorry.  It should be "likes repel and opposites attract". [See how easy that is Joe?]

--------------

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,13:09   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Mar. 08 2012,00:10)
I think we're done with the implied threats of visiting people offline.

That kind of stuff needs to move elsewhere.

Agreed.

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,14:01   

Do opposites attract because they get a charge out of each other?

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,14:06   

Ohm my god, not again.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,14:15   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 07 2012,12:06)
Ohm my god, not again.

Resistance is futile.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:09   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 07 2012,14:01)

yes, because they are all bipolar :p

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

FTK: I Didn't answer your questions because it beats the hell out of me.

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:12   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 07 2012,14:06)
Ohm my god, not again.

PRINCE: I know ... but ... I want the girl that I marry to have ... a certain ... special ... something ...

MUSIC INTO FOR song.

FATHER: Cut that out!

Music cuts off abruptly.

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:17   

Quote (afarensis @ Mar. 07 2012,21:09)

This is completely revolting and I simply don't have the capacitance for any more of it. I'm going to move to somewhere far, far aday.

Edited by Amadan on Mar. 07 2012,21:18

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:25   

Quote (Amadan @ Mar. 07 2012,15:17)

This is completely revolting and I simply don't have the capacitance for any more of it. I'm going to move to somewhere far, far aday.

Watt is going on again?  I'm con-fused.

--------------

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:35   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 07 2012,15:25)

Watt is going on again? I'm con-fused.

I don't know but I'm totally amp'ed for it!

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:37   

Quote (afarensis @ Mar. 07 2012,15:35)

Dunno watts this guy is talkin' about.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:42   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 07 2012,07:38)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 06 2012,15:20)
Quote (REC @ Mar. 06 2012,15:17)

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 06 2012,15:15)
No kevin- the blind watchmaker is more than an ananlogy- it is a thesis

And you are still a childish imp

Could you state what you think the 'blind watchmaker' thesis is?

Again? For biology see dawkins

But anyway it would materialism's claim that matter, energy, necessity and chance are all that is required-> ie our existence is due to the unplanned, unguided interactions between matter and energy

Here it is.

Umm Joe, let me ask you something about this claim here. Energy and matter... what else is there in the universe?

Necessity and chance? You've just described natural selection acting on variation due to mutations.

"unplanned, unguided" Yeah, that's pretty much it.

However, that does not equal 'random', remember the laws of the universe that you have trouble with.

Ah well... you can't find the quote anyway. Even if you did, it would be a waste of time explaining the concept of 'analogy'... again!

1- Information- according to ID information is in addition of matter and energy- I thought you read all about ID?

2- Natural selection doesn't "act" on anything- natural selection is a RESULT

Natural selection is the result of differences in survival and reproduction among individuals of a population that vary in one or more heritable traits. Page 11 Biology: Concepts and Applications Starr fifth edition

Natural selection is the simple result of variation, differential reproduction, and heredityit is mindless and mechanistic. UBerkley

3- Your position has the trouble explaining the laws of nature-> "they just are (the way they are)" doesn't cut it as science.

THAT is my point- you cannot call on those laws that you cannot explain to begin with. Had you actually read and understood my blog about the 2lot you would have understood at least that.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:43   

Quote (Tom A @ Mar. 07 2012,08:41)

What you have to say about the second law is totally irrelevent. It's clear that if you don't understand one of the basic principles of chemistry--molarity--there's no way in hell you learned anything about thermodynamics.

You have exposed yourself as a total fraud.

I'm the fraud because you morons cannot grasp my argument?

How does that work?

--------------

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:45   

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 07 2012,15:42)
THAT is my point- you cannot call on those laws that you cannot explain to begin with. Had you actually read and understood my blog about the 2lot you would have understood at least that.

I see a nice beginning of a Wednesday meltdown.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:47   

Joe, none of the present topic of conversation has anything to do with biology. At all...

That's the first hurdle we have to clear.

The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (which you claim prevent life from arising from non-life) is a simple equation that governs how heat flows and how we can track the useful work. That's all.

It has nothing to do with life, complexity, or information. Zero.

You have used basic schoolyard tactics. "No, I really understand it, but I don't think you do, so explain it." Whatever.

It is noted that you do not understand the basics of thermodynamics. Even to the point of understanding what it actually applies to.

You see, as you completely failed to understand 5-6 pages ago. There are rules that govern how things happen in our universe.

Here are few of those basic rules:
Heat flows toward an equilibrium.
Matter attempts to find the most stable form with the lowest potential energy.
Likes attract, opposites repel.

Using those three rules, we can pretty much define all of chemistry, which defines what atoms and molecules do.

Now, back to my example, since you obviously don't understand the second law. I would have actually accepted several answers, since I didn't fully define the problem. But the basic statement is that in a closed system, water cannot disassociate into hydrogen and oxygen. Why? Because it requires an input of energy to do (220 kilo calories per mole of water (and how much water is in a mole Joe... mass please?)).

In a closed system, there is no input of energy. And that is where all of the creationist complaints about the 2nd law fail. In a closed system, it would be impossible for life as we know it to form, grown, develop, reproduce, etc.

Yet, we actually see living things grow, develop, move, etc. Therefore, the conclusion that creationists know what they are talking about is wrong.

Now, since I wasn't specific, I will allow you to assume that there was sufficient energy to decompose all the mole of water into hydrogen and oxygen. What happens then? The entropy of the water has decreased (ZOMG!??!?!?! Seriously). Yes, 220 kilocalories of heat energy were used to break the atomic bonds.

So what happens when they recombine? Nothing because they will not spontaneously recombine. There is a reaction hurdle there. O2 and H2 are pretty stable molecules and the tendency is for them not to react unless more energy is used to get them over the first hurdle.

If you have that small spark of energy, then that energy is non-recoverable, even during the process of capturing the energy of the explosion. The total entropy of the system decreases... due to waste heat. Just a little bit, but it does.

That's how thermodynamics works and that's ALL that it does.

Are you now ready for Kevin's information challenge? This has nothing to do with evolution either. Once again, this will show that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and that the 'principles' of ID are utterly without value.

Are you going to man up and defend ID or let everyone on the planet just assume that it's useless. Remember Joe, this has nothing to do with evolution. This is purely ID principles here.

Once again, you don't even know what my position is, much less if I have or can defend it.

BTW: I still note that the Dawkins quote with book/journal and page number is curiously absent from your statements. Joe, seriously, I'm not defending my argument because you have yet to make a single verifiable claim against my argument.

You said (paraphrase) Dawkins said the blind watchmaker is how evolution must happen. I'll go look it up in a minute. It's buried behind 4-5 pages of you telling people they are stupid (projection).

I know you have trouble with more than two sentences in memory... so I'll let you parse out the proper response (hint: It doesn't involve insults or threats).

Well Kevbo- all you have to do is step and and demonstrate that a living organism can arise from non-living matter via blind and undirected chemical processes and I will stand refuted.

Until then all you have is blah, blah, blah

BTW nice strawman wrt to creationists...

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:47   

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 07 2012,15:45)
Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 07 2012,15:42)

I see a nice beginning of a Wednesday meltdown.

YOUR meltdown, perhaps

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:49   

Your position has the trouble explaining the laws of nature-> "they just are (the way they are)" doesn't cut it as science.

come on oleg- what do you have beyond what Hawking gave us?

--------------

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 07 2012,15:55   

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 07 2012,16:37)
Quote (afarensis @ Mar. 07 2012,15:35)

Dunno watts this guy is talkin' about.

Is his science current? it is not. Will he rectify the problem? He will not.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]