RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Topic: True Facts That Are True, and they're right, too< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2008,20:01   

The promise of a Huckabee Administration may have gone. The hope of Secretary of Defense Chuck Norris delivering a roundhouse kick to the Bad Guys may have vanished like whatshisname’s weapons of whatchamaycallit .

But don’t let the True Believers down, guys.  Let’s give heart to the heartland! The faithful need facts! I give below some important True Facts that will sustain the core contsitune . ..  contistuentce . . . people who vote the right way.

1. Dr Bill Dembski’s cardigan isn’t really that long. It’s gravitationally lensed by the mass of his intellect.
2. DaveScot has banned more people than he has had sexual congress with. He is proud of this.
3. When Dr Bill Dembski considers a problem, it solves itself rather than face the force of his logical powers.
4. Intelligent Design has reversed the extinction of 69839 species killed off by evolution.
5. When DaveScot does push-ups, the Earth doesn’t let him rise up all the way because he’s so important and it needs  to stay close to him. This also prevents him doing too many.
6. The English language has a special section for Denyse O’Leary that only she is allowed to know about.
7. Kent Hovind is on an undercover mission. I can’t tell you any more.
8. “Richard Dawkins” has just two characters less than “I’m an atheist”. Go figure.

If your security clearance permits, you should let the people know those important True Facts that you know. C’mon people! Let’s keep the meme motile!

Edit: L'espirit d'escalier . . .

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,09:35   

True Fact That Is True:

Michael Behe is not an expert at being an expert witness.

He is however, an expert at scoring an own goal.

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatc....per.php

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Peter Henderson

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,10:04   

The promise of a Huckabee Administration may have gone

Not necessarily. What if McCain chooses Huckabee as his running mate ? McCain is 71, quite elderly. Say he wins the election but has to step down mid-term due to health reasons ? I assume a vice-president Huckabee could become President Huckabee by default (like Gerald Ford) ?:

http://ap.google.com/article....VPNLB00

McCain has given no hint of his thinking on a running mate, although he frequently speaks warmly of his former rivals for the nomination, particularly former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,10:18   

Evolution will be dead in eight years! Happy anniveradversary! :) (Emphasis on ads.)

Two years ago in a newspaper culturally far away:

To William Dembski, all the debate in this country over evolution won't matter in a decade.
By then, he says, the theory of evolution put forth by Charles Darwin 150 years ago will be dead.
The mathematician turned Darwin critic says there is much to be learned about how life evolved on this planet. And he thinks the model of evolution accepted by the scientific community won't be able to supply the answers.

"I see this all disintegrating very quickly," he said.

He said, she said. ;)

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Quidam

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,10:20   

Ben Stein didn't come from no monkey

--------------
The organized fossils ... and their localities also, may be understood by all, even the most illiterate. William Smith, Strata. 1816

IanBrown_101

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,10:34   

Quote (Kristine @ April 02 2008,16:18)

Ah, but is it disintegrating into light?

--------------
I'm not the fastest or the baddest or the fatest.

You NEVER seem to address the fact that the grand majority of people supporting Darwinism in these on line forums and blogs are atheists. That doesn't seem to bother you guys in the least. - FtK

Roddenberry is my God.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,10:38   

2. DaveScot has banned more people than he has had sexual congress with. He is proud of this.

As are the Inuit.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,10:51   

Quote (IanBrown_101 @ April 02 2008,09:34)
Quote (Kristine @ April 02 2008,16:18)

Ah, but is it disintegrating into light?

No, into sound. *expel* :p

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,13:42   

[Ridiculous Mexican Accent]

9) The courtcases and the creationists, they don't meeeex, senor!

[/Ridiculous Mexican Accent]

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,18:54   

10. DaveScot was an A student all through High School. He looks forward to learning the other 25 letters in the future.

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,20:35   

Quote (Peter Henderson @ April 02 2008,11:04)
The promise of a Huckabee Administration may have gone

Not necessarily. What if McCain chooses Huckabee as his running mate ? McCain is 71, quite elderly. Say he wins the election but has to step down mid-term due to health reasons ? I assume a vice-president Huckabee could become President Huckabee by default (like Gerald Ford) ?:

http://ap.google.com/article....VPNLB00

McCain has given no hint of his thinking on a running mate, although he frequently speaks warmly of his former rivals for the nomination, particularly former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

That would be correct, Peter.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Quidam

(Permalink) Posted: April 02 2008,20:46   

Fact:  Behe is really PZ Myers with Harry Potter glasses and a silly grin

--------------
The organized fossils ... and their localities also, may be understood by all, even the most illiterate. William Smith, Strata. 1816

11 replies since April 01 2008,20:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]