RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (23) < ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... >   
  Topic: The Guts/Nelson Alonso Thread, From Telic Thoughts, With Love< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:22   

lol , he calls me a "Telic Tard" and then says he's not trolling. You're ridiculous.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:23   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:21)
Yes I came here to troll, but in the process , I have a purpose here, which I already accomplished in part.

What a nugget. I'm sorry Guts, being you is more sad than I can imagine.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:23   

Describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

How do you feel about the fact that your moderator is liar?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:25   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:22)
lol , he calls me a "Telic Tard" and then says he's not trolling. You're ridiculous.

The Argument Regarding Design is a an accepted acronym, according to sources preferred by Telic Tards.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:27   

And yet you can't refute a single part of any of my blogs right here in your own board. How retarded is that?

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:27   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:23)

Describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

How do you feel about the fact that your moderator is liar?

Your question is non-responsive to my request. Plus it isn't clear what you are referring to, as SteveStory no longer moderates here, and, in any event, Wesley's observation regarding Steve's remark is exactly accurate.

That said, Describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

Then use that work to amplify the basic issues you raised above.

(ETA link.)

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:31   

Your question is non-responsive to my request. Plus it isn't clear what you are referring to, as SteveStory no longer moderates here, and, in any event, Wesley's observation regarding Steve's remark is exactly accurate.

I thought you guys were supposed believe things based on evidence. Ok , I also showed that Frostman lied multiple times in this thread, how do you feel about the fact that you have an obsessive liar here in your ranks and you are doing nothing about it?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:35   

I thought you guys were supposed believe things based on evidence.

I can list dozens, I am just trying to explain basic issues first. But no one understands.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:37   

Actually I did explain some foundational issues that are extremely relevant.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:38   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:31)

I thought you guys were supposed believe things based on evidence. Ok , I also showed that Frostman lied multiple times in this thread, how do you feel about the fact that you have an obsessive liar here in your ranks and you are doing nothing about it?

I have no feelings about Frostman whatsoever.

That said, describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:39   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:37)
Actually I did explain some foundational issues that are extremely relevant.

That's nice guts. Now, if you've finish obsfucating, ID predictions? Or even a scientific theory would be a good start.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:39   

Like I said before, they don't call this the swamp for nothing.

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:41   

That's nice guts. Now, if you've finish obsfucating, ID predictions? Or even a scientific theory would be a good start.

Read my blogs. Let me know if you have any questions.

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:42   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:41)

Be sure to link to them, buddy.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:42   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:39)

They being...?

You, "Mike Gene" Bradford and Joy? Ooooooooh. Endorsement by idiots - not something we want. Last time I looked, your lot where perceived as the religion pushing, tinfoil hat wearing group by the scientific community.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:43   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:41)

Wah wah must have moderation to protect from reality.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:44   

lol why don't you critique my blogs then if thats what you believe? Your free from my moderation here, why are you so afraid?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:45   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:44)

lol why don't you critique my blogs then if thats what you believe? Your free from my moderation here, why are you so afraid?

I can be arsed to write commentary that wont get through, Guts. All can post here.. something that evidently scares the shit out of you.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:46   

I can be arsed to write commentary that wont get through, Guts. All can post here.. something that evidently scares the shit out of you.

No no, post it here and I'll respond to you. Post your critique here.

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:49   

You know I really don't mind the rudeness. I couldn't care less about it. It's the dishonesty I mind.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:52   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:49)
You know I really don't mind the rudeness. I couldn't care less about it. It's the dishonesty I mind.

ID predictions? thought not.

--------------

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:53   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:39)

Why would I have feelings about a poster with whom I have no familiarity? You both must be a bit narcissistic if you believe the blogosphere is waiting with bated breath for a resolution of your conflict.

And why would I accept your characterization of that conflict were I interested? As I stated in my original post in this thread, you've come across here as quite an asshole, which doesn't exactly enhance credibility.

BTW, were you to dig a bit deeper here you would observe that I have several time objected to the term "liar" as used here, as I feel that it is often misapplied.

That said, describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

- Barry Arrington

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:57   

Why would I have feelings about a poster with whom I have no familiarity? You both must be a bit narcissistic if you believe the blogosphere is waiting with bated breath for a resolution of your conflict.

I don't get it. I'm asking you for your honest opinion about a regular poster here who has quite obviously continously posted lies about my blog. I am not asking you to resolve my conflict. You telling me that you feel nothing about a person spreading falsehoods about my blog speaks volumes. Another reason why I'd rather drill a hole in my head than chit chat about biology.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:59   

I'd rather drill a hole in my head than chit chat about biology.

For someone with Sig-space..

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,20:01   

Hows that critique comming Rich? lol

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,20:01   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:57)
Another reason why I'd rather drill a yet another hole in my head than chit chat about biology address any substantive issues.

I fixed that for you.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,20:04   

Jim you should correct the spelling errors in your sig or at least at a sic or something. That is pretty hilarious actually.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,20:05   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:57)

I don't get it. I'm asking you for your honest opinion about a regular poster here who has quite obviously continously posted lies about my blog. I am not asking you to resolve my conflict. You telling me that you feel nothing about a person spreading falsehoods about my blog speaks volumes. Another reason why I'd rather drill a hole in my head than chit chat about biology.

Frostman has 16 posts since joining AtBC in 11/07, many of which concern your inability to reveal publicly what you conceded to him privately, a topic in which I have no investment.

My conclusion is that you are unable to provide the example I've requested.

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

- Barry Arrington

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,20:07   

My conclusion is that you are unable to provide the example I've requested.

Then your conclusion is mistaken.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,20:07   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:01)
Hows that critique comming Rich? lol

Post something here about ID, Guts and you'll get a critique. This forum, where posts don't go missing.

Do you think ID is science? Have you used the EF? Which shows ID, redundancy, IC or both? Front loading, why all the extinctions, and why did 'they' front-load Richard Lenski's E-Coli?

You are an assclown of brobdignanian proportions.

--------------

689 replies since July 05 2008,14:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (23) < ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]