RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (622) < ... 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 ... >   
  Topic: A Separate Thread for Gary Gaulin, As big as the poop that does not look< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2015,23:42   

It's either go along with what the actors say or be destroyed!

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

Tony M Nyphot

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2015,23:43   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 13 2015,01:00)

Quote (N.Wells @ June 12 2015,17:51)

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 12 2015,07:18)
Anyone know which country won the DARPA robotics challenge?

How about now leads the world in industrial robots?

The South Koreans.  The competition stressed extremely complex and well controlled motions and most of the other robots fell over. However, their win was probably inevitable because throughout history only those with Seoul can control Chorea.

http://www.gizmag.com/darpa-d....d....14

And now they can control you. Got what you asked for.

By the way, the theory long ago made its way there too. For some reason it has been relatively popular in the Ukraine and Baltic states. That should save money in shipping costs to the UK, for emerging technologies that require a good understanding of what you and others only trashed.

I'm thrilled that at least some parts of the world know good science when they see it.

I call "bullshit".

It has been previously documented you believe as little as 2 months constitutes "long ago".

Your mangling of language renders most of what you produce incomprehensible, not to mention inane, to those who count English as a first language.

It has also been documented that utter rejection of your "real-science" "theory" by cognitive science experts of your choosing can mean "relatively popular" in Gary Gaulin World.

There is no possibility your "theory" has been in the Ukraine or the Baltic states beginning "long ago", that it is intelligible to inhabitants who speak primarily Slavic languages, and it most certainly is not "relatively popular".

You're proven a liar once more.

--------------
"I, OTOH, am an underachiever...I either pee my pants or faint dead away..." FTK

"You could always wrap fresh fish in the paper you publish it on, though, and sell that." - Field Man on how to find value in Gary Gaulin's real-science "theory"

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,00:25   

Neil deGrasse Tyson answering 'Why are those who invoke Intelligent Design useless in your lab '
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....Fnx7ji4

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,00:49   

We can now add the claim that scientists would love to be proven wrong about ID theory to the list of bullshit that has been fed to the general public.

So present your "evidence" for ID (which is not a theory, BTW) in understandable English. All you have so far are unsubstantiated assertions without back up evidence. There are no testable predictions, no mathematical attempts to quantify your "theory", no connection between your poor imitation of Pacman and your "theory".

Name one cognitive scientist who has used anything in your "theory" to advance our understanding. Name one scientist who has used your "Bug" to explain intelligence. You can't, can you?

All you have done is plagiarise the work of others, send cognitive science backwards and spread bullshit all over it.

Your "theory is not science, get a clue.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,01:00   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 14 2015,23:09)
Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 14 2015,22:46)
Or in other words the scientific incompetence that I am up against is a public disgrace that has done a large amount of damage to the credibility of once trusted academic experts who now look like childish fools.

I better repeat this again:

You can repeat it several more times but that won't make it any less delusional.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,01:08   

Quote (ChemiCat @ June 15 2015,00:49)
So present your "evidence" for ID (which is not a theory, BTW) in understandable English.

I already presented way more than enough evidence, many times:

Theory of Intelligent Design introduction and download site

If that's not good enough for you then go away.

--------------

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,02:11   

No you haven't. Your "theory" is an evidence-free, badly written and just a list of unsupported assertions.

Give us just one prediction from your "not-science theory".

We have already falsified many of your ideas so there is nothing to discuss further.

Time for YOU to go away and reassess your wasted life.

dazz

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,02:26   

By the way, the theory long ago made its way there too. For some reason it has been relatively popular in the Ukraine and Baltic states

Must be the Baltic & Ukrainian far right groups, Neo-nazis with just about the same intelligence as your digi-cockroaches

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,03:14   

Quote (ChemiCat @ June 15 2015,02:11)
We have already falsified many none of your ideas so there is nothing to discuss further.

FIFY

--------------

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,04:53   

FIFY

Gaulin, here's an examination I have set for you based on the first assertion of your "theory" (molecular intelligence).

1) O2, H2O, H2SO4, C2H4O2
   Explain which of the above is "intelligent". Provide experimental data to justify your answer. (a bonus point for identifying the unimolecular molecule and explaining why it is.).

2) Are both inorganic and organic molecules "intelligent"? Explain your answer with an experiment to determine "molecular intelligence".

3) Does "intelligence" depend on chain length? Describe how you would demonstrate your answer.

4) When does a non-intelligent molecule begin to demonstrate "intelligence"

5) Are enzymes, amino acids and proteins intelligent? List any experiments done to determine your answer.

6) Which of the family of RNA molecules are "intelligent. How have you verified your answer.

7) How does RNA pass its "intelligence" to DNA? Define how this happens with chemical equations.

8) How does "molecular intelligence" differ from the known laws of physics and chemistry.

And the first question to part two;

1) How does DNA pass its "intelligence" to the cell? Again state experimental data to validate your answer.

No time limit so do your best to answer all the questions.

You do realise that a refusal to answer will mean that your "theory" is indefensible.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,04:59   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 15 2015,04:14)
Quote (ChemiCat @ June 15 2015,02:11)
We have already falsified many none of your ideas so there is nothing to discuss further.

FIFY

No, you broke it.
You have real honesty and integrity issues, along with delusions of adequacy.  You display a stunning inability to learn.
We have falsified those few bits of your "theory" that can be hammered into clear and coherent form.
We have proven that it fails to do what you continue to assert, sans evidence, that it does.
We have the evidence.
You have lies, evasion, and total dishonesty.  You are an intellectual coward as well as a fraud. The evidence is throughout this thread and spread across 8+ years and a few dozen sites on the Internet.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,06:38   

I have a day job to get to. Shove your "test" up your ass too.

--------------

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,07:22   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 15 2015,07:38)

Non sequitur much?

You don't seem to have trouble posting at all hours of the night.
You don't seem to have any trouble finding time to lie about your "theory", its contents, and its "results".
You do seem to have a great deal of difficulty finding time to address any of the countless issues that have been raised.
That fact alone disqualifies you from any claim to be 'doing science'.

Pretty funny when an epic failure attempts to get snooty with people who are far more useful than he is.
Say something nice about Gary?  Well, he emits carbon dioxide so he must be good for the trees.
But that's it for the list.

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,10:05   

As predicted, you cannot answer the exam questions. Your "theory" has just been flushed down the toilet where it belongs.

Now you can see why we do not accept your not-science "theory". You have nothing more than an unsubstantiated pile of steaming bullshit.

I don't have an ass and if I did I would not inflict such an indignity and pain on the animal.

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,10:20   

I'll answer for you then;

1) Don't know but Goddidit.

2) Don't know but see above

3) Ditto

4) Ditto

5) Read my "theory".

6) Ditto

7) Ditto

8) I have absolutely no idea.

1) See my "model".

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,10:51   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 14 2015,22:20)
Quote (Jim_Wynne @ June 14 2015,22:14)
Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 14 2015,22:11)

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ June 14 2015,22:08)

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 14 2015,21:37)
We can now add the claim that scientists would love to be proven wrong about ID theory to the list of bullshit that has been fed to the general public.

The only thing missing is evidence.

We can add the meaning of the word "evidence" to the list of bullshit that is being fed to the general public.

We are all well aware by now that evidence isn't a component of real-science.

If you are unable to test the theory then you should not be speaking on behalf of science or scientist.

I have  never claimed to be speaking on behalf of science or scientist [sic].  I am unable to test the "theory" because there is nothing there to test.  You have been asked many direct questions that you have been unable to answer.  You're always suddenly too busy.  Let us know when you have something to test.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,10:54   

Quote (ChemiCat @ June 15 2015,02:53)
You do realise that a refusal to answer will mean that your "theory" is indefensible.

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 15 2015,04:38)

Bingo.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,11:07   

Heck, his "theory" means that his "theory" is indefensible.

Res ipsa loquitur

jeffox

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,11:46   

IOW:  Caveat emptor.  My 2c.

Unless you want to buy a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!

:)  :)  :)

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2015,11:49   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 15 2015,01:08)
So present your "evidence" for ID (which is not a theory, BTW) in understandable English.

The late statistician George Box is well known for writing this:
The most that can be expected from any model is that it can supply a useful approximation to reality: All models are wrong; some models are useful.

My emphasis.   That's a true statement.  The questions for you are:
In what way does your "model" supply a useful approximation to reality?  How have you verified this?

What aspects of your "model" are wrong in the sense used by Box?

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,01:30   

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ June 15 2015,11:49)

The most that can be expected from any model is that it can supply a useful approximation to reality: All models are wrong; some models are useful.

In what way does your "model" supply a useful approximation to reality?  How have you verified this?

I studied this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.......e_wrong

The Intelligence Algorithm model I use is not a statistical model attempting to model something with so many variables it's impossible to be precise. It reduces any intelligence that can exist anywhere in the universe to its systematic parts as defined by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary as follows:

SYSTEMATIC
: using a careful system or method : done according to a system

Full Definition of SYSTEMATIC
:  relating to or consisting of a system

:  presented or formulated as a coherent body of ideas or principles <systematic thought>

a :  methodical in procedure or plan <a systematic approach> <a systematic scholar>
b :  marked by thoroughness and regularity <systematic efforts>

:  of, relating to, or concerned with classification; specifically :  taxonomic

http://www.merriam-webster.com/diction....tematic

In the case of "intelligence" there are four required parts connected together a certain way in a circuit you have seen illustrated so many times you complain when I show it again. With just that I have had years of success modeling surprisingly lifelike self-learning systems without ever finding anything else required. My first programs were on the first PC there ever was the Radio Shack-Tandy TRS-80 Model-1 where you used a cassette tape recorder to save code that usually did not work and very very slow, but it was better than nothing.

As you saw I had no problem at all adding in a neocortex (hippocampus, entorhinal cortex, etc. are part of) like any other RAM system with the only difference being that the Data locations Address neighboring locations causing all sorts of interesting waves through the network that make the critter come to life, in a never seen before way. Having the systematics all figured out makes possible an unbiased determination of whether the origin of our species was caused by "intelligence" at the cellular and/or molecular levels of our construction. With all the programmable molecular networks inside and on the surface of cells I would not at all be surprised by cells and/or our genetic system having a neocortex too. Self-similarity where all are systematically in each other's likeness, image. One model, does it all. Another test of its being complete, easily passed.

This model and theory is something I thought about even as a young kid growing up in the 60's. I had no idea how intelligence worked but knew I would eventually figure it out. By the time I had "the circuit" well tested and three biological levels well sorted out the Discovery Institute was making all kinds of noise in Kansas with ID but it was obvious to me that they had a long way to go before finding out where that leads to, which turned out to be what's happening right here, right now. I was in contact with the notorious Kathy Martin and helped her along when I could at the Kansas Citizens For Science forum, which was educator central for the issue. The first forum is not online but the best of years are still preserved.    

http://www.kcfs.org/phpBB3.....=Search

Discussion long ago ended with nothing more really needing to be said (though I was disappointed for not being able to argue on) after things in the end turned out well. Kathy was reelected by in part having impressive answers to their questions. For example when given a list of places she respects the opinion of that included the Discovery Institute, Kansas regional National Science Teachers Association, she answered all when in fact actually was active with the NSTA and listened to all sides, like a politician is supposed to. Kathy was not defeated in disgrace, as "scientists" planned. The "creationist" side of the issue was not left powerless and had something to celebrate. Making it through a second term with Kathy Martin still in control of power without ID ever becoming an issue again is the best case scenario for KCFS where they just wanted to somehow end the statewide chaos that got real scary for a while.

I had plenty of motivation to explain all I could about what I knew about "intelligence" so that what the Discovery Institute was saying that made enough sense to scientifically explained, in a complimentary way. That led to the Intelligence Generator and Detector, the first model at Planet Source Code and before the first Intelligence Design Lab for ID. What made it fine published where it was is public school science teachers need simple models not a million lines of code from a complex formula in a paper you have to be a PhD to understand. The first ID Lab was measurable progress just in time for the holidays made another wonderful science filled Christmas for those who helped create it.

UD and the DI supplied a controversy but are not the ones that had to find ways of settling it in a science classroom friendly way that who Kathy best represented can like seeing happen that the KCFS forum would be OK with. In regards to public school science education that is the ultimate test for any ID related model. I hope all even Casey rather it exists than it not but this theory has to connect to the hearing in Kansas that was at the time embarrassing to many educators but what was educationally gained from it was golden. A happy ending that keeps getting better with time, for those who live in Kansas where the DI came to get their foot in the door so that from there all goes the nation sort of thing. Giving credit where due empowers K-12 school teachers, who control their classrooms not I or the DI.

With all said: a long time ago something the DI brought to Kansas that made enough sense to be a problem led to a time when the bold and daring said "There is something I don't understand, I'm going to solve it!" that ended up going well, regardless of some having religious reasons for being attracted to the concept. Now here we are with what became of it, more or less controlling ID the future, even rules this forum right now. That is only possible by having a simple model that gets the systematic parts right, the first time. That is the only thing that can in turn lead to new ways to view biology that at least works for those who find the Darwinian paradigm to be dull and boring and have reasons to see Neil deGrasse Tyson be answered real good, this way. Please do not mind my having to say what needs to be said, it's something that's there that had to.  But Neil is supposed to love something like that happening, so it's really not a bad thing.

--------------

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,03:20   

Gaulin garbles
Utterly useless English

To quote a source I seem to remember; "ID is religion wrapped in a stolen lab coat".

You have wasted approximately 50 years of your life. You could have got an education and contributed to society. Instead you have done nothing to advance our knowledge, nothing to add to our understanding of cognition, added nothing to science.

Your "trinity" has been reduced to smoking ashes now that you cannot defend the first part of your "theory. This renders the rest of the steaming pile of bullshit as being not even fit to spread as fertiliser.

What a waste.

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,09:35   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 16 2015,01:30)
Quote (Jim_Wynne @ June 15 2015,11:49)

I studied this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.......e_wrong

The Intelligence Algorithm model I use is not a statistical model attempting to model something with so many variables it's impossible to be precise. It reduces any intelligence that can exist anywhere in the universe to its systematic parts as defined by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary as follows:

SYSTEMATIC

:  presented or formulated as a coherent body of ideas or principles <systematic thought>

a :  methodical in procedure or plan <a systematic approach> <a systematic scholar>

In the case of "intelligence" there are four required parts connected together a certain way in a circuit you have seen illustrated so many times you complain when I show it again. With just that I have had years of success modeling surprisingly lifelike self-learning systems without ever finding anything else required. My first programs were on the first PC there ever was the Radio Shack-Tandy TRS-80 Model-1 where you used a cassette tape recorder to save code that usually did not work and very very slow, but it was better than nothing.

As you saw I had no problem at all adding in a neocortex (hippocampus, entorhinal cortex, etc. are part of) like any other RAM system with the only difference being that the Data locations Address neighboring locations causing all sorts of interesting waves through the network that make the critter come to life, in a never seen before way. Having the systematics all figured out makes possible an unbiased determination of whether the origin of our species was caused by "intelligence" at the cellular and/or molecular levels of our construction. With all the programmable molecular networks inside and on the surface of cells I would not at all be surprised by cells and/or our genetic system having a neocortex too. Self-similarity where all are systematically in each other's likeness, image. One model, does it all. Another test of its being complete, easily passed.

This model and theory is something I thought about even as a young kid growing up in the 60's. I had no idea how intelligence worked but knew I would eventually figure it out. By the time I had "the circuit" well tested and three biological levels well sorted out the Discovery Institute was making all kinds of noise in Kansas with ID but it was obvious to me that they had a long way to go before finding out where that leads to, which turned out to be what's happening right here, right now. I was in contact with the notorious Kathy Martin and helped her along when I could at the Kansas Citizens For Science forum, which was educator central for the issue. The first forum is not online but the best of years are still preserved.    

Discussion long ago ended with nothing more really needing to be said (though I was disappointed for not being able to argue on) after things in the end turned out well. Kathy was reelected by in part having impressive answers to their questions. For example when given a list of places she respects the opinion of that included the Discovery Institute, Kansas regional National Science Teachers Association, she answered all when in fact actually was active with the NSTA and listened to all sides, like a politician is supposed to. Kathy was not defeated in disgrace, as "scientists" planned. The "creationist" side of the issue was not left powerless and had something to celebrate. Making it through a second term with Kathy Martin still in control of power without ID ever becoming an issue again is the best case scenario for KCFS where they just wanted to somehow end the statewide chaos that got real scary for a while.

I had plenty of motivation to explain all I could about what I knew about "intelligence" so that what the Discovery Institute was saying that made enough sense to scientifically explained, in a complimentary way. That led to the Intelligence Generator and Detector, the first model at Planet Source Code and before the first Intelligence Design Lab for ID. What made it fine published where it was is public school science teachers need simple models not a million lines of code from a complex formula in a paper you have to be a PhD to understand. The first ID Lab was measurable progress just in time for the holidays made another wonderful science filled Christmas for those who helped create it.

UD and the DI supplied a controversy but are not the ones that had to find ways of settling it in a science classroom friendly way that who Kathy best represented can like seeing happen that the KCFS forum would be OK with. In regards to public school science education that is the ultimate test for any ID related model. I hope all even Casey rather it exists than it not but this theory has to connect to the hearing in Kansas that was at the time embarrassing to many educators but what was educationally gained from it was golden. A happy ending that keeps getting better with time, for those who live in Kansas where the DI came to get their foot in the door so that from there all goes the nation sort of thing. Giving credit where due empowers K-12 school teachers, who control their classrooms not I or the DI.

With all said: a long time ago something the DI brought to Kansas that made enough sense to be a problem led to a time when the bold and daring said "There is something I don't understand, I'm going to solve it!" that ended up going well, regardless of some having religious reasons for being attracted to the concept. Now here we are with what became of it, more or less controlling ID the future, even rules this forum right now. That is only possible by having a simple model that gets the systematic parts right, the first time. That is the only thing that can in turn lead to new ways to view biology that at least works for those who find the Darwinian paradigm to be dull and boring and have reasons to see Neil deGrasse Tyson be answered real good, this way. Please do not mind my having to say what needs to be said, it's something that's there that had to.  But Neil is supposed to love something like that happening, so it's really not a bad thing.

You've offered, instead of direct answers to the questions asked, your typical dense block of irrelevant text.  Please go back and read the questions and answer them.  Note that Box didn't limit his observation to "statistical" models.  Note his use of the word "all."  If you have a scientific model, it should present a "useful approximation of reality."  The hard bit is verifying that, which you clearly haven't done and can't do.  The other part of it--that all models are wrong in one way or another--is fairly obvious if you understand the basic concepts of modeling.  You clearly don't.   Your not-a-model presents a useful (to you) approximation of your misconceptions and fantasies.

--------------

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,10:51   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 16 2015,02:30)
In the case of "intelligence" there are four required parts connected together a certain way in a circuit you have seen illustrated so many times you complain when I show it again....

Which 'circuit' has been definitely refuted, falsified, obliterated, by the clear and obvious evidence that countless 'feature of the universe' that are generally taken to be canonical signs of 'intelligent cause' cannot be accounted with said 'circuit'.

Give it up.  You've failed, consistently and entirely.
Reality is against you.  It doesn't work the way you think it does, or should.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,11:06   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 16 2015,01:30)
I studied this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.......e_wrong

SYSTEMATIC

Another piece of execrable writing.

You didn't study that Wikipedia essay well enough, as shown by your statement,  
The Intelligence Algorithm model I use is not a statistical model attempting to model something with so many variables it's impossible to be precise.

As Box and others have said, no model can be perfect and complete, but if you want precision, or to be more accurate, accuracy, you need to add variables until you get all the important factors accounted for.  Otherwise, your simplified model may work fine for your initial and limited test data set, but it risks failing completely when presented with additional data affected by influences that have not yet been accounted for.

However, accuracy is commonly not the most important priority for a model, which was probably your larger point.  From Georg Rasch in 1960:
    … no models are [true]—not even the Newtonian laws. When you construct a model you leave out all the details which you, with the knowledge at your disposal, consider inessential…. Models should not be true, but it is important that they are applicable, and whether they are applicable for any given purpose must of course be investigated. This also means that a model is never accepted finally, only on trial.  For such a model there is no need to ask the question "Is the model true?". If "truth" is to be the "whole truth" the answer must be "No". The only question of interest is "Is the model illuminating and useful?".

From George Box,  
"Remember that all models are wrong; the practical question is how wrong do they have to be to not be useful."

So the key question is, how do you tell if a model is useful?  This is where you fail abysmally.  It's where ground-truthing and making and testing predictions come in.  Since you refuse to do these, your work is clearly without much value.  Since you lack operational definitions, logically valid regular definitions, and any useful supporting evidence, "without much value" can with confidence be reduced to "without any value".

From
Evaluating a model

A model is evaluated first and foremost by its consistency to empirical data; any model inconsistent with reproducible observations must be modified or rejected. One way to modify the model is by restricting the domain over which it is credited with having high validity. A case in point is Newtonian physics, which is highly useful except for the very small, the very fast, and the very massive phenomena of the universe. However, a fit to empirical data alone is not sufficient for a model to be accepted as valid. Other factors important in evaluating a model include:
   Ability to explain past observations
   Ability to predict future observations
   Cost of use, especially in combination with other models
   Refutability, enabling estimation of the degree of confidence in the model
   Simplicity, or even aesthetic appeal

You don't have any of that.

In the case of "intelligence" there are four required parts connected together a certain way in a circuit you have seen illustrated so many times you complain when I show it again.

Your four required parts don't make sense, and include Neato vacuum cleaners while excluding a whole lot of highly intellligent behavior, so right there your model is useless.

As you saw I had no problem at all adding in a neocortex (hippocampus, entorhinal cortex, etc. are part of) ........ Having the systematics all figured out makes possible an unbiased determination of whether the origin of our species was caused by "intelligence" at the cellular and/or molecular levels of our construction. With all the programmable molecular networks inside and on the surface of cells I would not at all be surprised by cells and/or our genetic system having a neocortex too.

You should have had problems putting a hippocampus (or an entorhinal cortex) in an insect.  If you wish to solve your problem by simply relabelling what you are modelling, that simply says that your model is really bad.  If you wanted to model how the increasing interconnectedness and intercommunication of nerve cells in the central complex or in the basal ganglia allows the emergence of regulated and  adaptive behaviors, then fine, that would be an interesting contribution, albeit comparatively obsolete by now.  You still haven't demonstrated "molecular intelligence" and "cellular intelligence" is at best extremely problematic, and you certainly haven't demonstrated that they are responsible for speciation, let alone the origin of our species. Our cells and our molecules do not and cannot have a "neocortex": that's your failure of systematics, anatomy, and cell biology again.  More specifically to your intention, you have not even shown that they have something that functions equivalently.

Self-similarity where all are systematically in each other's likeness, image. One model, does it all. Another test of its being complete, easily passed.
A) Learn to write - that's hideous.  B) It's also all wrong.  You haven't demonstrated self-similarity.  Self-similarity and emergence are antithetical.  Your model doesn't do ANY of the things you claim.  That's not a test, and your model didn't pass it.

Having the systematics all figured out

In copying the dictionary definition of "systematic", you neglected to notice that you had the definition of an adjective, and that "systematic" is problematic and ambiguous in your text because of its special biological meaning, which comes to the reader's mind first when biological and evolutionary topics are being discussed.  When you shift to using "systematics", which you often do, you have unambiguously left the realm of "system" and are entirely within the realm where "systematics" ONLY means
Definition of SYSTEMATICS
:  the science of classification
a :  a system of classification
b :  the classification and study of organisms with regard to their natural relationships :  taxonomy

You don't have any systematics worked out at all: you've got a hippocampus and four legs in an insect and you are using an arthropod to talk about the emergence of intelligence when your not-a-theory has it emerging at much lower taxonomic levels.

Now here we are with what became of it, more or less controlling ID the future, even rules this forum right now.
Why isn't your stuff made obsolete by Edgar Postrado's stuff, according to the criteria that you have proposed for claiming that your stuff makes the DI rubbish obsolete?

Scientists, doubtlessly including Neil Degrasse Tyson, indeed love new discoveries, better explanations, and paradigm shifts (there was a wonderful cartoon of two scientists coming out of a conference and one says excitedly to the other, "what a great talk everything we thought we knew is wrong").  However (and this is the point that continually escapes you), the new ideas have to be demonstrated to be superior to the old ones.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,17:58   

Quote (N.Wells @ June 16 2015,11:06)
As Box and others have said, no model can be perfect and complete, but if you want precision, or to be more accurate, accuracy, you need to add variables until you get all the important factors accounted for.

For any intelligence in the universe all of the important factors are accounted for in the four requirement circuit that is there regardless of what kind of RAM is used or complexity of the other three systems. Only things that changes is there would be more RAM address input and data output connections with appropriate Confidence and Guess system to a more complex body to Control than the ID Lab critter has but all is still there, only need the four.

I would though like to see you explain how the Darwinian evolution model is wrong. In that case you're starting with generalizations that evolutionary biologists argue over all the time in an attempt to define. Exactly how much change needs to occur before something "evolved" is still a fiercely debated unanswered question. The "natural selection" variable is a black-box filled with trillions of things going on inside to sort out. The ID model and theory does not have that problem. The same four requirement intelligent system explains the systematics of speciation, which usually has multiple levels of intelligence at work at the same time not one. So I would add that to the list of what's wrong with the Darwinian model (as per what Box said). What else can you say about it?

--------------

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,18:26   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ June 16 2015,17:58)
Quote (N.Wells @ June 16 2015,11:06)
As Box and others have said, no model can be perfect and complete, but if you want precision, or to be more accurate, accuracy, you need to add variables until you get all the important factors accounted for.

For any intelligence in the universe all of the important factors are accounted for in the four requirement circuit that is there regardless of what kind of RAM is used or complexity of the other three systems. Only things that changes is there would be more RAM address input and data output connections with appropriate Confidence and Guess system to a more complex body to Control than the ID Lab critter has but all is still there, only need the four.

I would though like to see you explain how the Darwinian evolution model is wrong. In that case you're starting with generalizations that evolutionary biologists argue over all the time in an attempt to define. Exactly how much change needs to occur before something "evolved" is still a fiercely debated unanswered question. The "natural selection" variable is a black-box filled with trillions of things going on inside to sort out. The ID model and theory does not have that problem. The same four requirement intelligent system explains the systematics of speciation, which usually has multiple levels of intelligence at work at the same time not one. So I would add that to the list of what's wrong with the Darwinian model (as per what Box said). What else can you say about it?

More inanity.  Your four "requirements" are very poorly worded and include Neato vacuum cleaners as intelligent and exclude Beethoven thinking up a symphony, so they aren't any good.  "Guessing" (randomly selecting an option) is not a hallmark of intelligence (let alone a requirement), but learning from experience is.  "Something to control" was undoubtedly involved in why intelligence emerged in the first place, but is not a "requirement" for intelligence (Beethoven imagining a symphony again).

I would though like to see you explain how the Darwinian evolution model is wrong.
That makes no sense.  No one has disproved it yet, so how can anyone "explain how it is wrong"?

Exactly how much change needs to occur before something "evolved" is still a fiercely debated unanswered question.
No, that's not true.  That's your ignorance showing through.  The operational definition for evolution in living organisms is change in allele frequency from one generation to the next.  This is readily measured.

The "natural selection" variable is a black-box filled with trillions of things going on inside to sort out.
 That's not true either.  It's not a black box, but a well studied phenomenon.  A lot of factors can be involved, but not trillions.  In most field studies that measure the strength of selection a small number of factors can be shown to be dominant (e.g., in the evolution of caecal valves in lizards on an Adriatic island, the evolution of blackcap warblers that have switched to overwintering in England rather that Spain, and so on).

The same four requirement intelligent system explains the systematics of speciation, which usually has multiple levels of intelligence at work at the same time not one.
No it absolutely doesn't.  You don't even consider the systematics of speciation (that's your ignorant misuse of "systematics" again), and your model says nothing about any other aspect of speciation either.

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,18:56   

I get what Gary is trying to ask.  Since we're telling him that all models are wrong to some extent, he wants us to tell him what's wrong with "Darwinian evolution" (he's not bright enough to know that's the oldest, most out of date model.  He's also too lazy and dishonest to have done that himself before claiming his "model" was better.) That he will ignore the substance of what we say and try to play the "you admit evolutionary theory isn't perfect, therefore I win!" card is, sadly, inevitable.

Darwin's model of evolution by natural selection was wrong in a number of ways:  he didn't for neutral genetic drift, for example.  The exact degree of importance between the various elements that affect evolution is still not entirely know, and it's the subject of vigorous research and debate.  Darwin also didn't understand anything about how genetics work, so his model was extremely limited in that area.  

There are literally entire books written on this topic, Gary.  This is really information you should have examined before claiming to have something better.  How can your ideas be "better" than something you don't know?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,19:23   

He doesn't even know which scientist, in which decade, predicted the existence of DNA.
He doesn't know what field that scientist specialized in -- it wasn't biology.
He probably wouldn't be able to guess even if I mentioned the scientist's 'pet'.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2015,19:30   

Quote (Texas Teach @ June 16 2015,18:56)
There are literally entire books written on this topic, Gary.  This is really information you should have examined before claiming to have something better.  How can your ideas be "better" than something you don't know?

Yes in fact a person could spend their entire life trying to keep up with all the evolution books and websites that those who go to school for evolutionary biology end up writing after getting their college degree then need to find work doing anything to pay off their education loans. There are now thousands of versions of "evolutionary theory" to choose from. The Discovery Institute has some too. With so many competing to have the best explanation around it's a total circus.

--------------

18634 replies since Oct. 31 2012,02:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (622) < ... 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]