RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 509 510 511 512 513 [514] 515 516 517 518 519 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2021,08:45   

No need to close it. Just quit posting. Let it die a natural death.

IF WJM would quit arguing with KF, maybe UD would do the same.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2021,10:02   

Quote (Jkrebs @ June 11 2021,07:45)

I'll second that.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2021,11:49   

From Joe’s blog
Kevin Middlebrook is an Ignorant Coward
-

Kevin Middlebrook, AKA Acartia BlowTard/ william dickshake sez:

“Ridiculing them for flawed science is one thing. Many of them back then were sane but woefully inadequate to present a scientific argument.”

Wow. That from an asshole who doesn't understand science. That from an asshole who couldn't form a coherent argument to save its useless life.

It is VERY telling that when the way to refute ID is to just step up and defend your own position, not one anti-ID coward does so. That says it all, really.

The world is still waiting for someone to step up and present evidentiary support for materialism and its bastard retarded child, evolutionism.

Do we really want to continue ridiculing people like this who have some obvious mental issues?

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2021,12:20   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ June 11 2021,09:49)
From Joe’s blog
Kevin Middlebrook is an Ignorant Coward
-

Kevin Middlebrook, AKA Acartia BlowTard/ william dickshake sez:

“Ridiculing them for flawed science is one thing. Many of them back then were sane but woefully inadequate to present a scientific argument.”

Wow. That from an asshole who doesn't understand science. That from an asshole who couldn't form a coherent argument to save its useless life.

It is VERY telling that when the way to refute ID is to just step up and defend your own position, not one anti-ID coward does so. That says it all, really.

The world is still waiting for someone to step up and present evidentiary support for materialism and its bastard retarded child, evolutionism.

Do we really want to continue ridiculing people like this who have some obvious mental issues?

"A man barricaded himself in his apartment today. However, he was unarmed, and no-one paid any attention to him." -- Carlin.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

DiEb

(Permalink) Posted: June 11 2021,12:41   

Quote (Henry J @ June 11 2021,16:02)
Quote (Jkrebs @ June 11 2021,07:45)

I'll second that.

Ditto.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2021,05:26   

https://uncommondescent.com/ethics....rtwined

LFP essay series #44a about how KF’s morality is perfect and Objective and self-evidently true. Because when something is self-evidently true, you’ve gotta write  45 essays explaining that.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2021,08:22   

Quote (stevestory @ June 13 2021,05:26)
[URL=https://uncommondescent.com/ethics/lfp-44a-what-is-2-2-mr-smith-1984-as-demonstration-of-how-first-duties-and-first-truths-ar

e-inextricably-intertwined/]https://uncommondescent.com/ethics....rtwined[/URL]

LFP essay series #44a about how KF’s morality is perfect and Objective and self-evidently true. Because when something is self-evidently true, you’ve gotta write  45 essays explaining that.

Isn't that obvious?

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2021,12:37   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 13 2021,08:22)
Quote (stevestory @ June 13 2021,05:26)
[URL=https://uncommondescent.com/ethics/lfp-44a-what-is-2-2-mr-smith-1984-as-demonstration-of-how-first-duties-and-first-truths-ar

e-inextricably-intertwined/]https://uncommondescent.com/ethics....rtwined[/URL]

Isn't that obvious?

Self-evidently so.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2021,20:09   

Karen McMannus
June 13, 2021 at 5:42 pm
KF @31,

Do you even bother to read what I write? Or are you employing a bot that makes random comments?

The only switch that occur was on SB’s side.

I beseech you in the bowels of the Big Lebowski to carefully re-read what I wrote @30.

All the best.

Link

Comment edited to fix Kairosfocus’s Lenny Small-IQ-level technique of naming links.

Edited by stevestory on June 13 2021,21:12

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,07:05   

William J Murray
June 14, 2021 at 5:45 am
Well, I guess I can’t even buy a straight answer from you, KF. Are you a politician? You answer every direct, simple question by reiterating talking points. It’s something I’ve noticed politicians almost always do when they don’t want to answer a question.

Linky

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,10:38   

Oh boy, UD is finally asking the big questions - do dogs go to heaven?

ba77 thinks, naturally enough, this has something to do with special relativity.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,11:45   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 14 2021,11:38)

ba77 thinks, naturally enough, this has something to do with special relativity.

I'm sure the shroud of Turin is involved somehow.  :p

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,12:00   

Now Sandy is telling AaronS1978 that he doesn't know that he's not a christian.  :p  :D  :)

I'm about This close to getting a UD 4EVAR tattoo.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,12:22   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 14 2021,09:38)

Or any other pets?
Cats, birds, horse, goat, ferret, skunk, fish, iguana, echidna, etc.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,21:00   

Karen McMannus
June 14, 2021 at 7:54 pm
SB: KF, their philosophy of life (WJM and KM)

You really are a dimwit. (Well, I already knew that. Sorry, this old bird calls as she see’s ’em.)

You don’t even know what my philosophy of life is.

Let us be clear: this idiotic thread, and the last one, is not about that.

It’s about “self-evident duties” (as KF sees them, and others, I assume you.)

Hehe. Gawd you people are dumb.

We already got you to admit that your version of Christianity is what’s ground this, and what you’re really promoting.

Again, why don’t you just say, “we want you to accept our version of Christianity.”

That would at least be honest. The rest is just a thin coat of sophomoric pseudo-philosophy.

At any rate, thanks for the entertainment.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,21:29   

Karen McMannus
June 14, 2021 at 8:13 pm
KF: Then, once they are convinced that they are in possession of this Absolute Truth, it’s but a short step to believing that it justifies almost anything to bring its benefits to others, whether they want it or not.

What about justifying the murder of innocent babies?

Just like the Jews who killed innocent Cannanite babies. YOU assent to that. And you and SB have said it is “justified.”

Oh. The hypocracy.

Anything in the name of what you think is Higher Truth is okay when it justifies murder of babies.

Hitler thought he was justified in killing innocents for Higher Truth.

Stalin thought he was justified in killing innocents for Higher Truth.

Mao thought he was justified in killing innocents for Higher Truth.

The imaginary god you worship was justified (as you say) in killing innocents for Higher Truth.

(But at least that is fiction.)

This is not a “toxic diversion.” This is the poison is baked into the core of your worldview. Without compunction you assent that killing innocent babies is justified in the name of a Higher Purpose!

And then turn around without the slightest bit of self-awareness, cast blame on others for doing the same thing.

Your naked hypocritical butt stands out for all to see.

Nobody is fooled except the other weirdos that agree with you.

P.S. the real Creator has never demanded the murder of innocent babies. That’s your twisted, unsupported delusion. And you’re a sociopath for worshiping such a sociopathic character. You’re no better than a Nazi goose-stepper.

My new term for you, SB, and lesser nincompoops here:

Goosesteppers

Yep, that’s what you are.

Assenters to child killing in the name of….. Higher Truth!

(P.P.S Barry and BA77 have been oh so quiet on these threads. Barry popped in for a second, only because he hasn’t really been paying close attention, I suspect. Then popped out when I corrected his misunderstanding. It’s been interesting.)

LOL

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,22:12   

She does seem to be trying to see how far things can be pushed, doesn't she.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,22:28   

Karen McMannus
June 14, 2021 at 8:33 pm
KF, you have utterly discredited yourself in any moral judgements whatsoever…

You believe killing innocent babies is okay in the service of a (so-called) Higher Truth

It’s over, weirdo.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2021,22:34   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ June 14 2021,20:28)
Karen McMannus
June 14, 2021 at 8:33 pm
KF, you have utterly discredited yourself in any moral judgements whatsoever…

You believe killing innocent babies is okay in the service of a (so-called) Higher Truth

It’s over, weirdo.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,06:17   

Quote (stevestory @ June 10 2021,20:14)
Some people don’t check in here very often anymore for understandable reasons so I want to give it a little more time before I make a decision about the thread.

TARD is quite viscous these days and it's flow has nearly come to a standstill:
It took 2728 days for this thread to reach 514 pages (5.3 days per page) and the last 10 full pages (504 to 513) required 99 days (nearly 10 days per page)
Uncommononly dense Thread I reached the 500 pages mark after 479 days (0.69 days per page)
The next 500 pages of the same thread were filled after 434 days (0.87 days per page).
Uncommononly dense Thread II required 414 days for 500 pages (0.83 days per page).
500 pages of Uncommononly dense Thread III were filled in 726 days (1.45 days per page).
851 days filled only 356 pages of Uncommononly dense Thread VI (2.4 days per page).

I suggest to just keep this thread if a new one is not absolutely necessary for technical reasons. It's not us but the guys over there who let this thread dry out

Edited by sparc on June 15 2021,06:18

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,07:31   

Quote (sparc @ June 15 2021,07:17)

Quote (stevestory @ June 10 2021,20:14)
Some people don’t check in here very often anymore for understandable reasons so I want to give it a little more time before I make a decision about the thread.

TARD is quite viscous these days and it's flow has nearly come to a standstill:
It took 2728 days for this thread to reach 514 pages (5.3 days per page) and the last 10 full pages (504 to 513) required 99 days (nearly 10 days per page)
Uncommononly dense Thread I reached the 500 pages mark after 479 days (0.69 days per page)
The next 500 pages of the same thread were filled after 434 days (0.87 days per page).
Uncommononly dense Thread II required 414 days for 500 pages (0.83 days per page).
500 pages of Uncommononly dense Thread III were filled in 726 days (1.45 days per page).
851 days filled only 356 pages of Uncommononly dense Thread VI (2.4 days per page).

I suggest to just keep this thread if a new one is not absolutely necessary for technical reasons. It's not us but the guys over there who let this thread dry out

It’s hard to extract much fun from the 7,834th time BatShit cuts and pastes his demented babble from The Manifesto.

There are some UD-adjacent things that are funny though, Joshua G showed up on a Facebook group and announced that he was starting a new YouTube channel about his thoughts on Intelligent Design, and a dozen or so science types basically asked him why he’d want to waste everybody’s time like that.  :p

Edited by stevestory on June 15 2021,08:32

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,12:39   

Deaths should be natural and neither prematurely enforced nor pointlessly prolonged. But it set me wondering what had become of some former ID and UD heroes. I vaguely recalled William Dembski had been interviewed recently and found the video here.

I'm not recommending anyone sit through an hour of "what might have been" but I had it running while I was doing other stuff and I caught Bill bemoaning the fact that the religious paymasters dumped ID when they realised it was never going to deliver their agenda on science.

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,12:51   

Actually, I should credit Jack Krebs with motivating me on reading his comment on Dembski in an old thread, talking about Dembski saying Andrea Bottaro had correctly understood his retreat from ID.

ETA

This one.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,14:17   

Karen McMannus
June 15, 2021 at 1:19 am
An interesting thing is you that nincompoops/trolls try to tell people to look into their (subjective) souls and what-not for empathy for the evils of the world, but when I do I see you nincompoops as the trollish moral deviants that you are, who (really) think the murder of innocent babies is perfectly okay in the service of a “higher truth.”

Gawd, the pants are down and you’re naked butts are out there for all to see.

Psychopaths.

What does it take to get banned around here?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,18:41   

TAMMIE LEE HAYNES

June 15, 2021 at 12:09 pm
Gain of Function research involves manufacturing of virus that are extremely lethal, extremely infectious, without having an antidote available. It was done in Wuhan China and is done in other labs throughout the world

LOL an ‘antidote’.

Durrrrrr

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,18:57   

Quote (Alan Fox @ June 15 2021,12:51)
Actually, I should credit Jack Krebs with motivating me on reading his comment on Dembski in an old thread, talking about Dembski saying Andrea Bottaro had correctly understood his retreat from ID.

ETA

This one.

Interesting, but looks like the article by Dembski himself no longer exists, nor do the comments at PT, which were lost in some site changes at some time.

Cubist

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,20:41   

Quote (Jkrebs @ June 15 2021,18:57)

Quote (Alan Fox @ June 15 2021,12:51)

ETA

This one.

Interesting, but looks like the article by Dembski himself no longer exists, nor do the comments at PT, which were lost in some site changes at some time.

Dunno about PT, but the Dembski thing still exists. Dembski tweaked the organization of his blog. The article you refer to can be found here.

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2021,21:05   

Good research, and thanks. Some interesting stuff there.

Joe Felsenstein

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2021,00:12   

[quote=Jkrebs,June 15 2021,18:57][/quote]

... nor do the comments at PT, which were lost in some site changes at some time.

In 2016 when PT moved from Movable Type to Github Pages and to the Disqus commenting system, the old comments did not survive the move (the posts did survive).  But fortunately they are not lost forever.  We have a database of all of  them, which can in principle be re-entered into PT's Disqus comments, when we have time to do the work.  In the meantime, try the Wayback Machine at archive.org.  It has not only the PT posts, but the first and last "pages" of comments for each post.  The Jack Krebs Dembski comment might be there.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2021,06:48   

Any day now we’re gonna see great big lies from KF about this.

No, Fauci’s emails do not show him endorsing HCQ

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 509 510 511 512 513 [514] 515 516 517 518 519 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]