RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2016,10:30   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 11 2016,00:30)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 10 2016,13:29)
Quote (Jkrebs @ Mar. 10 2016,11:52)
Mapou vs Virgil - pass the popcorn

Virgil Cain March 10, 2016 at 10:33 am

Mapou:"I see nothing infinite in a few symbolic markings on my screen.

Virgil: "Well educated people see what I wrote as a representation of an infinite set. So perhaps you should get an education."

Mapou March 10, 2016 at 10:40 am

Virgil Cain @821,

You’re insulting me, man. At this point, all can say is, pack it where the sun does not shine. See you around.

Oh the irony. One of these characters complaining that the other is insulting him.

And JoeVirgil telling someone to get an education.

Well he did use the indefinite article correctly, however in Mapou's (and Joe's) case it should have been the definite article. Get the "infinitely countable" education.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2016,13:09   

Today's steaming pile of what-the-fuck is brought to you by, well, who do you think?
847 Virgil Cain March 11, 2016 at 10:58 am
ncorrect. ‘ellazimm’ was mine BEFORE ‘Jerad’. I switched because KF thought I was a woman.

You act like a woman.

...from which I think we can conclude that women kick Joe up the arse on a regular basis.  Probably in army boots.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2016,14:31   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 11 2016,13:09)
Today's steaming pile of what-the-fuck is brought to you by, well, who do you think?
ncorrect. ‘ellazimm’ was mine BEFORE ‘Jerad’. I switched because KF thought I was a woman.

You act like a woman.

...from which I think we can conclude that women kick Joe up the arse on a regular basis.  Probably in army boots.

Only when Joe can afford it.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2016,15:57   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Mar. 11 2016,14:31)
Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 11 2016,13:09)

You act like a woman.

Only when Joe can afford it.

And his mom isn't home.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2016,11:55   

i hate to mix the threads, but this is legitimately UD:

GaryGaulin

March 12, 2016 at 11:13 am

Read this Mapou:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-600079

If you cannot explain how “intelligent cause” works then you are just another scammer in need of being legally prosecuted before anyone else gets hurt by your scam.

What are the charges, Officer Gaulin?

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2016,12:18   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 12 2016,12:55)

GaryGaulin

Read this Mapou:

If you cannot explain how “intelligent cause” works then you are just another scammer in need of being legally prosecuted before anyone else gets hurt by your scam.

What's particularly laughable about this is that Gaulin can't even explain what "intelligent cause" is, let alone how it works.
But it's no surprise he wants to make this a matter of law, not of science.  Force is his only recourse.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2016,15:48   

DionisioMarch 12, 2016 at 2:19 pm
Zachriel @786

Turns out that not all birds […] are the same.

Duh! Of course! Did you just realize that?  :)
Not all flowers are the same, not all seeds are the same, not all fish are the same,…

But birds are birds, flowers are flowers, seeds are seeds, fish are fish.

The wide diversity is beautiful! I celebrate it!

The biological systems are designed for wide diversification.

birds are still birds after a mutation or two? Seeds are still seeds? Holy shit! Why did none of you jerks tell me? Pack it in, guys, it's over....

:(

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2016,21:25   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 12 2016,23:48)
DionisioMarch 12, 2016 at 2:19 pm
Zachriel @786

Turns out that not all birds […] are the same.

Duh! Of course! Did you just realize that?  :)
Not all flowers are the same, not all seeds are the same, not all fish are the same,…

But birds are birds, flowers are flowers, seeds are seeds, fish are fish.

The wide diversity is beautiful! I celebrate it!

The biological systems are designed for wide diversification.

birds are still birds after a mutation or two? Seeds are still seeds? Holy shit! Why did none of you jerks tell me? Pack it in, guys, it's over....

:(

Jeez god must be cursing Dionisio! Just when it looked like ID was down and out god now has to personally adjust every fricken baby birds beak length not to mention micromanage flower propagation etc etc. Even if god had a brain the size of a universe the effect on her from that  kind of daily grind would make even Dionisio seem like good company.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 13 2016,08:10   

Quote (NoName @ Mar. 12 2016,12:18)

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 12 2016,12:55)

GaryGaulin

Read this Mapou:

What's particularly laughable about this is that Gaulin can't even explain what "intelligent cause" is, let alone how it works.
But it's no surprise he wants to make this a matter of law, not of science.  Force is his only recourse.

Aha, now I see  - Intelligent Molecules  are the question, not the solution?

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 13 2016,08:51   

Quote (k.e.. @ Mar. 09 2016,22:19)
Joe obviously hasn't stayed at Hilbert's Hotel

Only because they told him they didn't have any free rooms.

(sorry, a bit late with this)

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 13 2016,17:13   

kairosfocus

March 13, 2016 at 1:31 pm

DS seeing something and proving it are not the same thing.

So I guess seeing demonic levitation....

ID Science is soooo Confusing!!!!!

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 13 2016,20:07   

Where's Uncle Martin (aka My Favorite Martian) when you need him, huh?

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,09:32   

Uh oh, Joe/Virgil is in deep kim chi now!  O'dreary has him on her watch list!  Better apologize quick or else!

News (as mod): Virgil Cain, we have received a complaint about some of your comments, particularly 837

We appreciate your efforts to defend reason, evidence, and reality against the universal acid, but one must take care not to be contaminated oneself. We really must insist that you apologize for the things said there.

UD is a family site in that teenagers and U students may be reading and participating. We try to model how mature adults debate a topic and welcome all efforts in that regard.

I will watch this space.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,09:37   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 14 2016,10:32)
Uh oh, Joe/Virgil is in deep kim chi now!  O'dreary has him on her watch list!  Better apologize quick or else!

News (as mod): Virgil Cain, we have received a complaint about some of your comments, particularly 837

We appreciate your efforts to defend reason, evidence, and reality against the universal acid, but one must take care not to be contaminated oneself. We really must insist that you apologize for the things said there.

UD is a family site in that teenagers and U students may be reading and participating. We try to model how mature adults debate a topic and welcome all efforts in that regard.

I will watch this space.

Once she gets JoeG to apologize, will she go after DaveScot next?

Any bets on what Joe/Frankie/Virgil's next sock will be?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,10:59   

kairosfocusMarch 13, 2016 at 11:56 pm
NOTICE to Virgil Cain

UD supports the following requirement: You are to provide an apology for your behviour as a token of making amends, or you will in the first instance go on moderation.

You have a reasonable, short period in which to do so.

GEM of TKI
Thread Owner

linky

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,11:30   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 14 2016,10:59)
NOTICE to Virgil Cain

UD supports the following requirement: You are to provide an apology for your behviour as a token of making amends, or you will in the first instance go on moderation.

GEM of TKI
Thread Owner

linky

Because Gordon E. Mullings is so good at "reasonable" and "short".

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,13:04   

From Virgil - a great notpology

OK I apologize for calling people liars and cowards even though the posts they made contained lies, false accusations, nonsensical phrases and unsupported claims.

However I still do not understand why the messenger is being picked on and not the people who posted the lies, false accusations, nonsensical phrases and unsupported claims.

Every time KF is attacked he attacks back. Every time Barry is attacked he attacks back. Every time News is attacked News hits back.

How many times does a person have to be attacked before he can defend himself with the truth? Why is it that people are allowed to lie but others are not allowed to point out their lies?

I apologize for my actions but if I was debating these people face-to-face I would have dropped them like a bad habit. And they would have to eat from a straw for months.

So I don’t understand why it is OK to provoke people into the type of posts I made but bad to respond to the diatribe and lies posted about me.

Virgil CainMarch 14, 2016 at 8:53 am
Yes News, I am sure that someone complained about me and I would bet it was someone who has posted provocative and non-substantive posts about me.

I wonder how you and KF would feel if the same was done to you. Heck many people have been banned for attacking the UD hierarchy.

You guys don’t seem to understand that if I wasn’t attacked that my posts wouldn’t be filled with calling out my attackers.

followed shortly by

Virgil CainMarch 14, 2016 at 9:51 am
I have already pointed out your lies, EZ. And like your true-self you denied them but couldn’t support that denial. And yes, yours is an interesting technique. You don’t know how to argue but you can defame and slander with the best of them.

You are a sick puppy, Jerad

What will Gordon and Denise do now?

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,13:38   

Virjoe....

I apologize for my actions but if I was debating these people face-to-face I would have dropped them like a bad habit. And they would have to eat from a straw for months.

"I apologize but I would have assaulted them if this were a real debate."

So I don’t understand why it is OK to provoke people into the type of posts I made but bad to respond to the diatribe and lies posted about me.

"It's not my fault, they make me do it!"

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,14:15   

Or, as Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) once said, "I hit him back first."

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,14:45   

I am surprised that Gordon Mullings (dba KairosFocus) is criticizing Joe. I once had a debate with Gordo about Joe's behaviour and he defended him repeatedly, claiming that Joe was responding appropriately to provocation. And that he gives Joe more slack than he gives others because people have contacted his employer trying to get him fired for posting abusive comments during work hours.

I also sympathize with Joe. As I would with anyone with an obvious mental issue.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,18:26   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 14 2016,22:45)
I am surprised that Gordon Mullings (dba KairosFocus) is criticizing Joe. I once had a debate with Gordo about Joe's behaviour and he defended him repeatedly, claiming that Joe was responding appropriately to provocation. And that he gives Joe more slack than he gives others because people have contacted his employer trying to get him fired for posting abusive comments during work hours.

I also sympathize with Joe. As I would with anyone with an obvious mental issue.

Hey what about Mung? ...and kf, Dense etc etc.

--------------

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,19:33   

Mapou.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,20:10   

Quote (k.e.. @ Mar. 14 2016,18:26)

They don't have a mental illness. They are just intentionally and willfully crazy. Joe, on the other hand, can't be held accountable for the stupidness that comes out of his mouth.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 14 2016,21:42   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Mar. 14 2016,09:30)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 14 2016,10:59)
NOTICE to Virgil Cain

GEM of TKI
Thread Owner

linky

Because Gordon E. Mullings is so good at "reasonable" and "short".

Not to mention solitary, poor, nasty, and brutish.

Speaking of Hobbes.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,01:12   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 15 2016,04:10)
Quote (k.e.. @ Mar. 14 2016,18:26)

They don't have a mental illness. They are just intentionally and willfully crazy. Joe, on the other hand, can't be held accountable for the stupidness that comes out of his mouth.

Joe carrying on the  UD tradition of shit math started by Dembski. It's in their DNA. Corrupted error bits.

--------------

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,09:25   

If I make the not unwarranted assumption that those people represent something like the spearhead of the Sisyphusian effort of not only to defend but even to propagate the  glory of inventions made up by Dembski and Behe, like IRC, CSI, et cetera, I don't se any prospect of them reaching their goal before hell freezes over.

Are they stupid, insane, or both? Wilfully ignorant and uninformed, certainly. And orphaned by Dembski.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,10:35   

Do they actually believe they are creating/supporting a bona fide scientific revolution? That scientific revolutions consist of half a dozen halfwits babbling on a website and never actually doing anything?

I don't think it's easy to rule out legitimate mental illness.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,11:16   

it's been 12 years or so since my Modern Algebra class, but it would be fun to fuck with virgil on his relative cardinality bullshit. My last 2 attempts to create socks failed. But it would be fun. I'd ask him if multiplying each element of a set by 2 increases the number of elements. Then i'd ask him to explain how {1,2,3,4...} has more elements than {2,4,6,8...}....

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,11:27   

Barry Arrington

March 15, 2016 at 9:48 am

UD Editors: Virgil Cain is in moderation until he apologizes for inappropriate tone and refusal to heed warnings.
linky

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 15 2016,11:27   

It's actually happened:
1027 Barry Arrington March 15, 2016 at 9:48 am
UD Editors: Virgil Cain is in moderation until he apologizes for inappropriate tone and refusal to heed warnings.

ETA: Steve beat me to it.  I also put this on the banhammer thread.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]