RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < ... 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Freddie

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,16:40   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ June 23 2012,15:38)

I'll see you and raise you by $10 with this little nugget ... ladies and gentlemen, I give you Collin!

--------------
Joe: Most criticisims of ID stem from ignorance and jealousy.
Joe: As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.
Byers: The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,17:29   

Joe,
Demonstrate your claim.

Got from 4 to, well, what Joe? Do you even know? As if you did...

Thanks

OM.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Dr. Jammer

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,17:50   

Jerad's really exposing the poor reasoning skills and underlying blind faith of the typical Darwinist. He repeatedly asserts that he believes "natural processes" can account for the origin of life, yet, when pressed on it, he provides no evidence for this belief. It's blind faith all the way down.

That seems to be a recurring theme with his ilk.

--------------
Luskin destroys Talk Origins. | Dawkins runs scared. | Upright Biped scares off Moran

Dr. Jammer

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,17:54   

I love watching Upright Biped and kairosfocus just annihilate the trolls who pollute U.D. It's such a joy. kairosfocus is especially brilliant. It's no wonder he's so hated here. He's like LeBron James -- so brilliant at what he does that it's almost scary.

Every single one of you who have had the balls to face kairosfocus in the debating circle  have been severely trounced. Every one of your claims have been demolished. He is a one-man, Darwinist-destroying machine.

How many of you wake up in the middle of the night with cold sweats after having nightmares of kairosfocus? Be honest. His superior intellect scares you.

--------------
Luskin destroys Talk Origins. | Dawkins runs scared. | Upright Biped scares off Moran

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:09   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 23 2012,17:50)
Jerad's really exposing the poor reasoning skills and underlying blind faith of the typical Darwinist. He repeatedly asserts that he believes "natural processes" can account for the origin of life, yet, when pressed on it, he provides no evidence for this belief. It's blind faith all the way down.

That seems to be a recurring theme with his ilk.

Tell you what.  You answer my question and I'll answer yours.

You present me with some of the massive amounts of evidence that you say exists supporting ID.*

If you do that, then I will provide, via peer-reviewed paper a plausible explanation for the development of life from non-life (including nucleotides and codons) using only chemistry that is capable of happening without external influence.

Deal?

------
* Remember, positive supporting evidence for ID. Not anti-evolution evidence.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:12   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 23 2012,17:54)
I love watching Upright Biped and kairosfocus just annihilate the trolls who pollute U.D. It's such a joy. kairosfocus is especially brilliant. It's no wonder he's so hated here. He's like LeBron James -- so brilliant at what he does that it's almost scary.

Every single one of you who have had the balls to face kairosfocus in the debating circle  have been severely trounced. Every one of your claims have been demolished. He is a one-man, Darwinist-destroying machine.

How many of you wake up in the middle of the night with cold sweats after having nightmares of kairosfocus? Be honest. His superior intellect scares you.

Funny.  He ran like a little bitch from me.

And you do the same.  Not a single one of you has ever actually presented any EVIDENCE of design, the designer, or complexity that can only occur because of a designer.

You're both jokes.  The funniest part is that you think he's actually intelligent.

--------------

NormOlsen

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:13   

Oh Dr, J., you're not even trying now!  I'm sure you're loving the attention though so here's another bone for you.  Enjoy!
("Kairosfocus is especially brilliant."  Good stuff!)

George

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:24   

'Ras, PM yourself you magnificent bastard.  No UD dweller could ever pull off such a perfect balance of sneering arrogance and complete reversal of reality.

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:25   

Quote (OgreMkV @ June 23 2012,18:12)

Funny.  He ran like a little bitch from me.

And you do the same.  Not a single one of you has ever actually presented any EVIDENCE of design, the designer, or complexity that can only occur because of a designer.

You're both jokes.  The funniest part is that you think he's actually intelligent.

Well, to be honest, I think we've all had nightmares of Gordo walking into our bedrooms, mr leathers in hand, the fist of adonis in the other, begging for us to do him like a rabid donkey... or is it just me?

Really, with lines like that, surely Jammer has to be a Poe.  No one can be that clueless.  Gordo isn't hated - he's a joke.  Nobody takes the pompous ignorant windbag as any kind of threat.  As for "serious intellect"...wow.  Whatever you're smoking, share it.  I want to see the unicorns fly....

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:30   

He is a one-man, Darwinist-destroying machine.

Simple question.

Does 'Dawkins Weasel' latch?

If so, what does 'latch' mean?

If not, why not?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,18:43   

You crack me up, Jared. I don't find that bullshitter extraordinaire (a.k.a. kairosfocus) threatening. I find him longwinded, repetitive, boring, and unable to make a point. He plays a physicist on the internet, but his education stopped at the level of master's degree, which means half-educated by the standards of this science. I have crossed paths with him outside of Uncommon Descent and I have not been impressed.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,19:52   

Quote (Badger3k @ June 23 2012,19:25)
Really, with lines like that, surely Jammer has to be a Poe.

I was pretty sure before, but that definitely cinches it.  Not even the YECs at UD are reality challenged enough to consider kairosfocus any more intelligent than a Markov text generator.

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,19:53   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 23 2012,15:54)

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,20:06   

Atheistoclast, is that you?   :p

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,20:36   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 24 2012,01:54)

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is it possible there is someone more delusional than KF?

It's almost sigworthy.

Waking up in the night with cold sweats over KF?

Jarad has to be gay.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

eigenstate

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,21:47   

Comedy Gold, dude.

Seriously, though, what do make of the fact that KairosFocus has a whole group of critics who would very much like to engage, and let the best ideas and arguments, win, etc., but the only place Kairos is to be found are in places where he can control and silence those critics?

I know KF is a coward without the courage of his convictions, and painfully aware of his weakness in any setting where the playing field is level, but I'm always intrigued as to how this fails to register in the minds of the of the faithful.

Does it suggest anything that KairosFocus would be welcomed here and descended upon with great vigor with science and other features of reality, if he had the courage to do so? Doesn't it seem a bit tone-deaf to make the claims you do, when those who have been... "demolished" would be quite happy just engage in a to-the-point debate, and KF just hides behind Barry's skirt at UD?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 23 2012,23:17   

Quote (eigenstate @ June 23 2012,21:47)

Comedy Gold, dude.

Seriously, though, what do make of the fact that KairosFocus has a whole group of critics who would very much like to engage, and let the best ideas and arguments, win, etc., but the only place Kairos is to be found are in places where he can control and silence those critics?

I know KF is a coward without the courage of his convictions, and painfully aware of his weakness in any setting where the playing field is level, but I'm always intrigued as to how this fails to register in the minds of the of the faithful.

Does it suggest anything that KairosFocus would be welcomed here and descended upon with great vigor with science and other features of reality, if he had the courage to do so? Doesn't it seem a bit tone-deaf to make the claims you do, when those who have been... "demolished" would be quite happy just engage in a to-the-point debate, and KF just hides behind Barry's skirt at UD?

has Dr. Jammer semi-quasi latched onto mental midget Gordon E Mullings?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,01:51   

Dr Jammer, didn't you read that KF is still dealing with his never-ending crisis? It's true that he regularly patrols the malarial fever swamp AtBC when he finds the time but he won't be able to feel all warm and fuzzy over your praise until much later when the crisis is over.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Kattarina98 on June 24 2012,01:59

--------------
Barry Arrington is a bitch.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,02:09   

Jammer candidates so far....

1) Lou FCD

2) Kristine (the shimmying witch)

3) Louis

eigenstate

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,02:36   

meanwhile, over at UD, this classic bit of trolling from "lastyearon":

I haven’t read the book, so a couple questions…

Anne, do you explore the possibility that the first human female was made from the rib of the first human male? I’m interested to know what genetic evidence you might have found regarding that.

Also, were you able to uncover any evidence suggesting linguistic capabilities of snakes at or around the time of the first humans?

Thanks.

Which, lol, elicited this response from "gauger", ostensibly Anne Gauger herself:

No, but I am learning something about snake pits.

I use "trolling" advisedly; it's not a serious question in the sense that it seeks a real answer. It is designed (and this one, well) to convey ridicule. But there's something like a "corollary to the Poe Principle" in this. To troll someone like Gauger, all you have to do is ask straightforward, relevant questions. Trolling Gauger and just asking Gauger innocent, obvious questions are as hard to distinguish as creationist arguments and parodies of same.

This kind of tard is "self trolling", so to speak, I think.

Anyway, I'm surprised they left that post up there. It really twists the knife in back of Gauger's ridiculous position, arguing scientifically for the 'possibility' of a "real genetic Adam & Eve", while throwing out all the standards she's trying to prosecute this case with when it comes to her own beliefs.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,06:22   

In fairness to Gauger, that was a nice response - pithy and signalling a refusal to deal with trolling.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,07:00   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 23 2012,18:54)

I agree.

Both display a striking economy of words. Always original, never repetitive. Neither takes himself too seriously. Both gracious in acknowledging errors. Neither ever makes it personal.

Each a mighty wind for ID.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,07:41   

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

Dr. Jammer

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,09:00   

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,09:08   

If you'd like to *talk* about something specific, how about latching and the question I asked?

But carry on as you are, that's fine by me.

Odd how ID supporters never actually want to talk about ID however.

Do you know where they talk about ID Dr J, rather then talking about the people talking about it? As that's all they do at UD...

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

BillB

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,09:42   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 24 2012,15:00)

Can you fill in some of the blanks - for example, which intelligent design argument are you referring to?

I assume (perhaps wrongly) you are not referring to just the 'God Didit' one?

Second, I don't recognize any of that as relating to reality, I've attempted to debate people like KF on many occasions, only to be met with personal attacks and veiled abuse - he even tried to claim at one point that any critique of his arguments was an attack on him personally, a tactic designed to shut down critical debate and absolve him from explaining perceived flaws in his thinking.

In addition to the latching debacle, you might also want to look up his  proposed experiment involving a random noise generator, and the replies that point out some of the gaping flaws in his thinking there - namely the point that demonstrating how a random noise generator produces random noise and not order has nothing to do with evolution in a world with order and structure, all it proves is that a random noise generator generates random noise (which we all knew anyway but KF systematically failed to understand) - also consider his constant confusion and conflation of biological evolution and biogenesis ... He is a preacher who believes he should be beyond criticism.

If you take a look through all the replies to his ramblings you won't see me or many others referring to Judge Jones, Haeckel, or anything else in your satirical straw man. Take a look at the actual arguments that ID critics made on UD (before the recent cull) and you will see that the vast bulk of the critiques are addressing the ID arguments, and refer to the evidence.

As for peer review - yes it would be wrong to claim that there are no peer-reviewed ID publications. The issue is that they are very rare, and appear in journals that don't deal with biology. Peer review does not a theory make, at least not in science - you need a major body of work and - critically - empirical evidence, not just weak probability calculations based on unrealistic scenarios.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,10:16   

I see a couple of issues with this flowchart.

For example, why is citing Judge Jones an automatic facepalm?  His work was based entirely on the work done by the lawyers and experts brought in by both sides.  Have you read his opinion?  He quote Behe more than anyone else.

In other words, ID had it's chance and failed.

What happens if someone reads the ID literature and doesn't ignore it?  For example, the innumerable fiskings of Dembski and Marks work that shows EXACTLY where their errors are.  Why isn't that a decision loop.

This is exactly what ID is, though.  A belief system with no basis in reality.

Just like Jammer (and KF, and everyone else) cowardly refuses to actually talk about ID.

Hey Jammer, since you're so busy assaulting evolution, why don't you talk to JoeG?  He'll explain to you that ID is not anti-evolution.

Then maybe you two can have a talk, because you aren't doing anything here.

I have numerous questions and even told you how I would respond to your challenge.  That's right, I've accepted your challenge, once you step-up.

But keep blathering on.

--------------

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,10:44   

Quote (OgreMkV @ June 24 2012,10:16)
I see a couple of issues with this flowchart.

For example, why is citing Judge Jones an automatic facepalm?  His work was based entirely on the work done by the lawyers and experts brought in by both sides.  Have you read his opinion?  He quote Behe more than anyone else.

In other words, ID had it's chance and failed.

What happens if someone reads the ID literature and doesn't ignore it?  For example, the innumerable fiskings of Dembski and Marks work that shows EXACTLY where their errors are.  Why isn't that a decision loop.

This is exactly what ID is, though.  A belief system with no basis in reality.

Just like Jammer (and KF, and everyone else) cowardly refuses to actually talk about ID.

Hey Jammer, since you're so busy assaulting evolution, why don't you talk to JoeG?  He'll explain to you that ID is not anti-evolution.

Then maybe you two can have a talk, because you aren't doing anything here.

I have numerous questions and even told you how I would respond to your challenge.  That's right, I've accepted your challenge, once you step-up.

But keep blathering on.

The biggest issue I see is that I can't see anything having to do with actual evidence.  Such as "presents evidence against the evidence of ID" - of course, that would imply that there is evidence for ID.  Something that the Jammer seems completely unable to supply.  Maybe this evidence is still in the sooper-secret stage.

I thought we could write up another one, starting off with "Evidence for Intelligent Design", but since that never seems to happen, it would be a pretty short flowchart.

ETA - I did want to ask what happened the the Dr Jammer thread where he could present his evidence?

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,10:47   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 24 2012,07:22)
In fairness to Gauger, that was a nice response - pithy and signalling a refusal to deal with trolling.

I agree.  Since she's participating at UD, I would find it interesting if some sock would continue the questions about her presentation at the Wistar Retrospective Symposium:

Gauger reported on her work at the Wistar Retrospective Symposium held from June 3 through June 7, 2007 in Boston, Massachusetts. As reported by Daniel Brooks, "...she discussed “leaky growth,” in microbial colonies at high densities, leading to horizontal transfer of genetic information, and announced that under such conditions she had actually found a novel variant that seemed to lead to enhanced colony growth. Gunther Wagner said, “So, a beneficial mutation happened right in your lab?” at which point the moderator halted questioning."

Wolfhound

(Permalink) Posted: June 24 2012,10:49   

Quote (Dr. Jammer @ June 23 2012,18:54)

Okay.  I call Poe.  Nobody (except Joe G) is this fucking stupid.

--------------
I've found my personality to be an effective form of birth control.

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < ... 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]