RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < ... 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Cubist

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,18:28   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ July 10 2012,16:51)
I am now at war with UD. My restraint will now mirror theirs, i.e. none.

No prisoners. No Mercy. No limits.

As long as you don't become the monster you fight, it's all good.

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,18:34   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 10 2012,17:51)
Fire at will.

And fresh off the "I just made it up, but it sound pretty darned real" list:  

Here's Sal's after a hard day at teh Quote Mine:

Sal:  "And notable Athiest and Evil baby-hater Katarina even went so far as to recommend to all her hateful crew that they should "Fire at will", unquestionably referring to the patron Saint of ID, the Saintly and Holy Dr. Dr. Will Dembski."

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,18:52   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 09 2012,14:07)
Oh I can play this game.

INTERWEBS, WHO AM TEH BESTS?

CREATIONIST LIAR DOUCHE

~or~

ATHIEST WAR HERO NFL PLAYING AMERICA LOVING PATRIOT?

Is the first picture slimy sal?

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,19:14   

Quote (The whole truth @ July 10 2012,18:52)
Oh I can play this game.

CREATIONIST LIAR DOUCHE

~or~

yes, at least it's a picture of him in his human morph...

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

FTK: I Didn't answer your questions because it beats the hell out of me.

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,21:11   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 10 2012,16:51)
Fire at will.

Who is this Will, and what did he do that so many people keep wanting to fire at him? :p

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,21:14   

It's not AT him; it's just fire him, and even his best friends do it.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: July 10 2012,21:41   

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,01:34   

Between the two, who makes the more compelling case for their claims?

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,02:54   

Quote (afarensis @ July 10 2012,19:14)
Quote (The whole truth @ July 10 2012,18:52)
Oh I can play this game.

CREATIONIST LIAR DOUCHE

~or~

yes, at least it's a picture of him in his human morph...

The second one is Richardthughes who made a bad move posting it: Now Joe G. knows how he looks.    O_O

--------------
Barry Arrington is a bitch.

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,02:59   

Quote (J-Dog @ July 10 2012,18:34)
Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 10 2012,17:51)
Fire at will.

And fresh off the "I just made it up, but it sound pretty darned real" list:  

Here's Sal's after a hard day at teh Quote Mine:

Sal:  "And notable Athiest and Evil baby-hater Katarina even went so far as to recommend to all her hateful crew that they should "Fire at will", unquestionably referring to the patron Saint of ID, the Saintly and Holy Dr. Dr. Will Dembski."

Why would we want to shoot the attendant of the empty car park of a bible college?

--------------

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,09:21   

In her post 'Earliest animals (so far): “bizarre frond-shaped organisms which lived 580-550 million years ago”' journalist extraordinaire O'Leary has discovered a new method to bring the message home: Make stuff up.

The method was probably inspired by an article in "Creation-Evolution Headlines" which did it first. She quotes them:

The discovery confirms a remarkable variety of rangeomorph fossil forms so early in their evolutionary history,” the article said. Professor Brasier added another difficulty to the fact that they appeared in a remarkable variety out of nowhere: their diversification came “in an ‘Ediacaran explosion’ that may have mirrored the profusion of new life forms we see in the Cambrian.

O'Leary closes her post:  
The fossil record shows abrupt appearance of complex life, rapid burial and exquisite preseveration, he notes, not what kids are taught in school about slow, gradual change.

Let's look at Science Daily where both she and CEH found the story. Surprise: Quotes not found.

And now for the official press release: Nope, Brasier said no such thing.

Congratz on your journalistic integrity, Denyse! I'm already paging oldmanintheskydidntdoit, he's eager to show you his appreciation.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,09:24   

CLAVDIVS has mullings Dancing now. Gordo can't define his terms, so is going for an incredulity dump instead.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,10:09   

I predict KF wil escalate his word count. Either that, or get someone silently banned.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,13:48   

Barry crows:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....g-crowd

The world has been cooling, not warming, for 2,000 years.  Not that the facts will change the minds of the religious zealots pushing global warming hysteria.

He's being dense on many levels. I'd like to propose a new fallacy 'Arrington's missmeasurement' that uses denominator drive growth from a cherry picked interval to make a case.

The article states:

a cooling of -0.3°C per millennium

(which is 0.03°C per centuary, by by math)

but if we look at more recent history:

Ballpark, what is that per century?

So who are the "religious zealots pushing" an agenda?

edited

Edited by Richardthughes on July 11 2012,13:50

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,13:54   

looks like someone had the same thought:

1Prince of EternityJuly 11, 2012 at 12:49 pm
The scientific materialist elite who dominate the media and academia say there’s global WARMING… but real science shows there’s global COOLING… *Snicker*

Further evidence of the moral bankruptcy of the evolutionary materialist elite. The REAL science described in the paper shows that the Earth COOLED at a rate of 0.3 degrees C per millenium, up until about the year 1900.

So we can expect that this trend will subtract 0.03 degrees Celsius from Earth’s temperature in the coming century! Ha ha! That’s a reduction of 0.05 degrees Fahrenheit, per century!

So much for the materialistic fanatic “scientists” with their databases of “observations” and “measurements” and their fancy “math” who projected so-called “greenhouse gases” will increase so-called “temperature” by 5 degrees Fahrenheit in the next “century”!

Buh-bye, 5 degree F increase *Snicker*. So sorry, Soviet central planners of the atheist Darwinist elite! We’re subtracting 0.05 degrees Fahrenheit from your atheistic worldview, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

And look, look at the squiggly graph of the climate trend for the last 2000 years, the graph in the linked article.

Notice how the temperature only starts to increase about the year 1900? 1900– the very time that society’s elites abandoned traditional Christian values and converted to evolutionary-materialistic philosophy!

Oh, like I’m sure THAT’S a coincidence! *snicker* Coincidence? Or the beginning of the atheist evo-materialist fraud?

Intelligent Design is real science. “Global warming” and “computer models” and “temperature” are believed on faith. And faith is all you have.

Dear pagan environmentalist tree-huggers: Go flush your database of “observations” and “math equations” down the toilet.

Meanwhile, I’m going to go fire up my high-lead coal-fired grill and cook me some baby penguin. And there’s nothing you liberals can do about it.

--------------

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,14:26   

Quote (midwifetoad @ July 11 2012,11:09)
I predict KF wil escalate his word count.

Is that possible?

I suppose since no one reads his screeds anyway that he could copy and paste text from random Web pages.  That would lack the spittle-flecked passion and incoherence of his genuine work, though.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,14:32   

KF's Power Law states that the quality of a thought is exponentially related to the number of words used to express it.

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,15:59   

I've got something very special in mind for KF....

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:17   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ July 11 2012,15:59)
I've got something very special in mind for KF....

Would that be a threesome with Barry A & Denyse, or an all-out orgy to include KF, Mr. Leather, Barry A, Denyse & Slimey Sal?

EWWWWWWWWWWW! 111

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:28   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 11 2012,11:48)
Barry crows:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....g-crowd

The world has been cooling, not warming, for 2,000 years.  Not that the facts will change the minds of the religious zealots pushing global warming hysteria.

He's being dense on many levels. I'd like to propose a new fallacy 'Arrington's missmeasurement' that uses denominator drive growth from a cherry picked interval to make a case.

The article states:

a cooling of -0.3°C per millennium

(which is 0.03°C per centuary, by by math)

but if we look at more recent history:

Ballpark, what is that per century?

So who are the "religious zealots pushing" an agenda?

edited

It's pretty tough for arrington the fundagelical troll to know what's going on since he lives under a bridge and never watches weather reports. Obviously he hasn't noticed all the indicators that the temperature is increasing overall and all the high temperature records that are being set already this summer. Apparently it will take temps like 150 Fahrenheit under that bridge before he gets a clue.  

I'll never understand why religious zealots are so determined to deny human-caused global warming. Why the fuck do they fight it so much? What does it have to do with their stupid religious beliefs? And if they're so "moral" and caring and loving and such good christians, WHY don't they care about the terrible effects that human-caused global warming is having and will have on people and other organisms as the temperature goes up, the glaciers melt, the sea level rises, the droughts and storms and floods get worse, etc.?

--------------

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:32   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 11 2012,11:54)
looks like someone had the same thought:

1Prince of EternityJuly 11, 2012 at 12:49 pm
The scientific materialist elite who dominate the media and academia say there’s global WARMING… but real science shows there’s global COOLING… *Snicker*

Further evidence of the moral bankruptcy of the evolutionary materialist elite. The REAL science described in the paper shows that the Earth COOLED at a rate of 0.3 degrees C per millenium, up until about the year 1900.

So we can expect that this trend will subtract 0.03 degrees Celsius from Earth’s temperature in the coming century! Ha ha! That’s a reduction of 0.05 degrees Fahrenheit, per century!

So much for the materialistic fanatic “scientists” with their databases of “observations” and “measurements” and their fancy “math” who projected so-called “greenhouse gases” will increase so-called “temperature” by 5 degrees Fahrenheit in the next “century”!

Buh-bye, 5 degree F increase *Snicker*. So sorry, Soviet central planners of the atheist Darwinist elite! We’re subtracting 0.05 degrees Fahrenheit from your atheistic worldview, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

And look, look at the squiggly graph of the climate trend for the last 2000 years, the graph in the linked article.

Notice how the temperature only starts to increase about the year 1900? 1900– the very time that society’s elites abandoned traditional Christian values and converted to evolutionary-materialistic philosophy!

Oh, like I’m sure THAT’S a coincidence! *snicker* Coincidence? Or the beginning of the atheist evo-materialist fraud?

Intelligent Design is real science. “Global warming” and “computer models” and “temperature” are believed on faith. And faith is all you have.

Dear pagan environmentalist tree-huggers: Go flush your database of “observations” and “math equations” down the toilet.

Meanwhile, I’m going to go fire up my high-lead coal-fired grill and cook me some baby penguin. And there’s nothing you liberals can do about it.

Where was that demonstration of religious insanity *Snicker* and arrogance *Snicker* originally posted?

--------------

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:34   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 11 2012,09:21)
In her post 'Earliest animals (so far): “bizarre frond-shaped organisms which lived 580-550 million years ago”' journalist extraordinaire O'Leary has discovered a new method to bring the message home: Make stuff up.

The method was probably inspired by an article in "Creation-Evolution Headlines" which did it first. She quotes them:

The discovery confirms a remarkable variety of rangeomorph fossil forms so early in their evolutionary history,” the article said. Professor Brasier added another difficulty to the fact that they appeared in a remarkable variety out of nowhere: their diversification came “in an ‘Ediacaran explosion’ that may have mirrored the profusion of new life forms we see in the Cambrian.

O'Leary closes her post:      
The fossil record shows abrupt appearance of complex life, rapid burial and exquisite preseveration, he notes, not what kids are taught in school about slow, gradual change.

Let's look at Science Daily where both she and CEH found the story. Surprise: Quotes not found.

And now for the official press release: Nope, Brasier said no such thing.

Congratz on your journalistic integrity, Denyse! I'm already paging oldmanintheskydidntdoit, he's eager to show you his appreciation.

No surprise, creationists suffer a severe mental scotoma. Mental tunnel vision. Limited cognitive awareness.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:37   

Quote (J-Dog @ July 11 2012,16:17)
an all-out orgy to include KF, Mr. Leather, Barry A, Denyse & Slimey Sal?

Not at all!

I believe that's just Saturday.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:38   

Quote (Patrick @ July 11 2012,12:26)

Quote (midwifetoad @ July 11 2012,11:09)
I predict KF wil escalate his word count.

Is that possible?

I suppose since no one reads his screeds anyway that he could copy and paste text from random Web pages.  That would lack the spittle-flecked passion and incoherence of his genuine work, though.

I hate to say it but it likely is possible, and what worries me is that if he adds too many words to his screeds the Earth will be knocked off its axis by the sheer weight of the tardacious word mass all in one place all at one time. Repent now! The end is near! ;)

ETA: fixed a typo

Edited by The whole truth on July 11 2012,14:44

--------------

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:39   

That's only if his words have any weight to start with. ;)

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:43   

Quote (Henry J @ July 11 2012,16:39)

Hmm. What's the oppostive of a citation?

Gordo:

Viruses, of course, are not self-replicating. They hijack the machinery of a living cell, and act as rogue programs. (The use of the term computer virus was in part inspired by that.)

But Gordo, these "rogue programs" were also designed, remember?

Programs have programmers etc etc.

So, Gordo, explain that! He's a bit of a shit this "designer" of yours, no?

[URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/origin-of-life/id-foundations-15-migneas-simplest-self-replicator-the-vnsr-and-a-designed-origin-of-cell-

based-life/#comment-427656]DUH![/URL]

EDIT: Even KF's post titles are overly verbose and break the links. Fuck it, it can stay like that as a testament to his windbaggery.

Edited by oldmanintheskydidntdoit on July 11 2012,16:45

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:47   

Quote (Henry J @ July 11 2012,14:39)

:)

--------------

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,16:51   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ July 11 2012,14:43)
Quote (Henry J @ July 11 2012,16:39)

Hmm. What's the oppostive of a citation?

Gordo:

Viruses, of course, are not self-replicating. They hijack the machinery of a living cell, and act as rogue programs. (The use of the term computer virus was in part inspired by that.)

But Gordo, these "rogue programs" were also designed, remember?

Programs have programmers etc etc.

So, Gordo, explain that! He's a bit of a shit this "designer" of yours, no?

[URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/origin-of-life/id-foundations-15-migneas-simplest-self-replicator-the-vnsr-and-a-designed-origin-of-cell-

based-life/#comment-427656]DUH![/URL]

EDIT: Even KF's post titles are overly verbose and break the links. Fuck it, it can stay like that as a testament to his windbaggery.

Deadly viruses are just one of the ways the designer-god says 'I love you'.

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,17:19   

A Designer without mercy would not have invented death.

--------------

MichaelJ

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2012,17:30   

Quote (The whole truth @ July 12 2012,07:28)

I'll never understand why religious zealots are so determined to deny human-caused global warming. Why the fuck do they fight it so much? What does it have to do with their stupid religious beliefs? And if they're so "moral" and caring and loving and such good christians, WHY don't they care about the terrible effects that human-caused global warming is having and will have on people and other organisms as the temperature goes up, the glaciers melt, the sea level rises, the droughts and storms and floods get worse, etc.?

because God gave a promise after the flud that he wouldn't destroy the world again and it is inconvenient for their GOP Billionaire overlords

Edited by MichaelJ on July 12 2012,08:31

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < ... 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]