RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < ... 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2011,15:24   

Quote (JohnW @ April 22 2011,12:45)
Quote (Badger3k @ April 22 2011,10:35)
Quote (REC @ April 22 2011,12:04)
I'm used to seeing UDers revel in their own ignorance, but just wow:

News:    
In Scientific American, we learn “ThNeuroscience of the Gut: Strange but true: the brain is shaped by bacteria in the digestive tract"(Robert Martone, April 19, 2011)

Then how come we don’t all dissolve in the chlorine in the swimming pool?

Illion: "....grin* You have a talent!"

aedgar: "This discovery is the death knell for antibacterial soap. With the exception of course, of those who want to commit suicide. I wonder how the antibacterial soap companies will market that?"

JoeG: .... Insults scientists, silly math..."And that would be why we don’t dissolve in a chlorinated swimming pool- I guess it would depend on the amount of chlorine and the time period."

Anatomy and chemistry lessons anyone?

Nah - Joe G "Chlorine hates water, so they fight it out while you swim unharmed."

Badger, REC's not parodying.  They're the actual responses.  

There's another stonker from tragic mishap:

tragic mishap

04/22/2011

8:58 am
All that proves is the information in our genes is vastly superior to the information in bacterial genes. Perhaps the bacterial genes have evolved much faster. So much the worse for them.

What do you call it when you can't tell the parody from the real thing?  This goes beyond Poe.

I keep forgetting how stupid some people can be.  (shakes head) Why! (in best Shatner "Khan" imitation)

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

paragwinn

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2011,16:11   

Quote (Robin @ April 22 2011,12:27)
Joe puts the Disco folks on notice:

Joseph

04/22/2011

12:59 pm

Please keep theology out of and away from Intelligent Design. Thank you.

Boy...that's rather uncivil, doncha think? What are the odds of any bannination? Of a slight reprimand? A slap on the cheek or wrist? a cough? A sigh? A tiny violin?

Sal's "reverse" psychology:

As far as keeping discussion of ID out of theological circles, are you demanding churchgoers not have the freedom to assess the relevance of ID to their theological beliefs? I don’t think so.

Sal, Sal, Sal, it's not a matter of getting peanut butter on your chocolate but of getting chocolate in your peanut butter. Hope that clears things up.

--------------
All women build up a resistance [to male condescension]. Apparently, ID did not predict that. -Kristine 4-19-11
F/Ns to F/Ns to F/Ns etc. The whole thing is F/N ridiculous -Seversky on KF footnote fetish 8-20-11
Sigh. Really Bill? - Barry Arrington

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2011,17:18   

Quote (paragwinn @ April 22 2011,14:11)

Joseph

04/22/2011

Boy...that's rather uncivil, doncha think? What are the odds of any bannination? Of a slight reprimand? A slap on the cheek or wrist? a cough? A sigh? A tiny violin?

As far as keeping discussion of ID out of theological circles, are you demanding churchgoers not have the freedom to assess the relevance of ID to their theological beliefs? I don’t think so.

Sal, Sal, Sal, it's not a matter of getting peanut butter on your chocolate but of getting chocolate in your peanut butter. Hope that clears things up.

That's supposed to be the whole DI schtick, though, innit?

"Pssst! Ix-nay on the Od-gay!"

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2011,18:50   

Quote (fnxtr @ April 22 2011,18:18)
Quote (paragwinn @ April 22 2011,14:11)

Joseph

04/22/2011

That's supposed to be the whole DI schtick, though, innit?

"Pssst! Ix-nay on the Od-gay!"

Where's Lenny when you need 'im?

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2011,20:25   

Quote (carlsonjok @ April 22 2011,06:42)
I do believe that ID science is about to take off!

De plane! De plane!

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,00:17   

TARD FIGHT

emphases mine, bitches!

Joseph
04/22/2011

But anyway- the bunny man gave us:

Intelligent Design and Creationism

<snip some sissy link TGDW>

yeah good luck with that one Jim

bornagain77
04/22/2011
1:29 pm
Joseph, I would keep theology out of ID, and indeed the staggering levels of deign speak for themselves, but it turns out that science is impossible without God in the first place,,,<--- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ANYWAY IT'S LIKE HIS BRAIN CELL IS HAVING A SEIZURE

John Lennox – Science Is Impossible Without God – Quotes – video remix
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6287271/

,,,<---- THERE IT IS AGAIN WTF and indeed Joseph, you demanding that we keep Theology out of ID turns out to be a double standard, for as Cornelius Hunter has pointed out many times before, the majority of arguments used by neo-Darwinists themselves are Theological in there basis, i.e. They pronounce on how God would or would not have done something in biology, or the universe, in order to try to make their case for neo-Darwinism!

I thought this idiot used G-D not "God" when did he stop doing that?  Or am I confusing him with some other typing tick pavlovian link spamming lackwit

bornagain77
04/22/2011
1:33 pm
correction; and indeed the staggering levels of design speak for themselves

shorter batshit "come here baby mmmmuah muah muah"

Joseph
04/22/2011
2:10 pm
bornagain77,

I wasn’t demanding I am requesting. And there isn’t any reason why IDists have to stoop to the level of anti-IDists. Let them use theological arguments. That just exposes their agenda.

Really, dipshit ? What does it expose when creationists do it?  Every creationist can't help themselves but to start bleating about their gods just give them enough space and a microphone or a office in a broom closet they will be yammering about theology in moments.  that's because you have fuckall else to talk about in IDC, because none of you pussies have even tried to calculate CSI for fucks sake the last 5 times we have had CSI wars.  

Sals post is like the full set of all the tard, comments are just moist towelettes and a menthol

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,00:28   

paragwinn
04/22/2011
3:19 pm
scordova,

I think what Joseph was getting at was that in regards to discussing ID in forums such as this, it’s the scientific merits of ID that need to be the focus here, the theology only distracts and can be discussed elsewhere. Perhaps Joe feels that churchgoers ARE free to discuss ID’s relation to their beliefs, but it’s a personal, not scientific, discussion. Joseph, if you feel i’ve put words in your mouth that you dont support, i apologize, just trying to clarify.

In other words, shutdown this blag because what else are they going to talk about?  

ps barry and clive please don't shutdown UD you idiots are a happy reminder of what it would be like to be born dumb

now, this guy is stirring the shit too

Jeffrey Helix
04/22/2011
3:51 pm
I asked this earlier, but didn’t get an answer so I’ll ask again.

If I hold that ID has the most powerful explanatory power, but don’t think any real agency exists, am I still an IDer?

By this I mean in the context of an atomic model that – while not accurate to scale – still gives us a better understanding of how the whole thing works.

laudanality!

how does that go over with the other tards?  n00b
Sonfaro
04/22/2011
4:41 pm
Hey JH,

You ask:

-”If I hold that ID has the most powerful explanatory power, but don’t think any real agency exists, am I still an IDer?”

*shrug*

I guess. It sounds more like you’re an ID sympathizer like that Atheist Philosopher dude from a couple of posts back to be honest though.

Anyway, that’s my take. I hope I was helpful.

- Sonfaro

GET OUT OF MY BIGASS TENT BITCH!

you don't get the decoder ring til you can hold it for 10 seconds

bevets calls bullshit

bevets
04/22/2011
4:54 pm
Intelligent Design is the study of patterns that signify intelligence. ~ Bill Dembski

Is this a published quote? I appreciate the simplicity but I have not been able to find it accept in posts made by you. Do you have a citation for it?

OK nuffa that shit.  

Intelligent Design is the study of patterns that signify intelligence. ~ Bill Dembski

allright assholes, what "patterns" are there that "signify intelligence"?  simple question.  answer without lying!

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

Seversky

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,01:00   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,April 23 2011,00:28)

allright assholes, what "patterns" are there that "signify intelligence"?  simple question.  answer without lying!

Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on it's face
And the world is like an apple
Whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,01:20   

i don't think i would call them bitches windmills, they more like them shitty little battery fans you clip on the brim of some shitty mesh hat.  that's UD right there for you, flea market fancy!

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,02:30   

Quote (Seversky @ April 22 2011,23:00)

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,April 23 2011,00:28)

Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain
Or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning
Running rings around the moon
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
Past the minutes on it's face
And the world is like an apple
Whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind

Or

Fogging the view, cupping face to the window,
In darkness you make out a spiralling shape.
Putting all reason aside, you exchange
What you've got for a thing that's exotic and strange.
The spiralling shape will make you go insane."
(TMBG)

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Seversky

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,07:48   

Over at UD DeNews 'don't whine to me about trash talk, you old Brit toff' O'Leary [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/interview-2-design-sympathizer-and-culture-maven-nancy-pearcey-on-what-to-do-about-materia

lisms-pile-of-culture/#more-19193]interviews[/URL] ID proponent and so-called Christian activist Nancy Pearcey, about the latter's latest book Saving Leonardo.  

One of the links takes us to a list of related articles by Pearcey, one of which was published in the conservative magazine Human Events under the title:
America Will Never Be Free until the Last Liberal Is Strangled in the Entrails of the Last Bureaucrat

Correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt if Barbara Forrest, even at her most forceful, has ever argued that America will only be free when the last evangelical is strangled in the entrails of the last televangelist.

These people are beginning to disgust me.

If that is what Christianity has become then I say to hell with them and their evil god.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,08:46   

Quote (Seversky @ April 23 2011,15:48)
Over at UD DeNews 'don't whine to me about trash talk, you old Brit toff' O'Leary [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/interview-2-design-sympathizer-and-culture-maven-nancy-pearcey-on-what-to-do-about-materia

lisms-pile-of-culture/#more-19193]interviews[/URL] ID proponent and so-called Christian activist Nancy Pearcey, about the latter's latest book Saving Leonardo.  

One of the links takes us to a list of related articles by Pearcey, one of which was published in the conservative magazine Human Events under the title:

America Will Never Be Free until the Last Liberal Is Strangled in the Entrails of the Last Bureaucrat

Correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt if Barbara Forrest, even at her most forceful, has ever argued that America will only be free when the last evangelical is strangled in the entrails of the last televangelist.

If that is what Christianity has become then I say to hell with them and their evil god.

IF IT'S ANY CONSOLATION HOMO I THINK THEY ARE DOING A BETTER JOB THAN LENNY.

YOU MAY NEED SOME RIFLE OIL.

ETA:
OH AND ONE OF LENNY'S RIFLES.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,09:00   

yo we need some lennyisms stuck to the wall up in this piece son

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,09:07   

I DO DAVE TARD, NOT LENNY. HOMO!

yeah I miss the bastard

When the Xian Talibhan get their gander up all i can think of is an AK47.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,11:12   

Quote (Seversky @ April 23 2011,07:48)

I am reminded of how Dembski said that he realized he was a Christian when he read the Sermon on the Mount. The irony.

I would say that these people are now cursing the light in an abyss. What in heck would they save me from? I'm standing on Mount Improbable, shaking my head at these unfortunates. Truly sad.

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

khan

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,11:25   

Quote (Seversky @ April 23 2011,08:48)

This is not the Christianity I was raised with.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Seversky

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,12:52   

Quote (khan @ April 23 2011,11:25)

Quote (Seversky @ April 23 2011,08:48)

This is not the Christianity I was raised with.

Nor I.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,13:05   

well.... um... ok... anyway, to hell with them

--------------

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,14:10   

“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”.

Pearcey's quote is from Dennis Diderot out of Ann Coulter.

tsig

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,22:53   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ April 23 2011,00:17)
TARD FIGHT

emphases mine, bitches!

Joseph
04/22/2011

But anyway- the bunny man gave us:

Intelligent Design and Creationism

<snip some sissy link TGDW>

yeah good luck with that one Jim

bornagain77
04/22/2011
1:29 pm
Joseph, I would keep theology out of ID, and indeed the staggering levels of deign speak for themselves, but it turns out that science is impossible without God in the first place,,,<--- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ANYWAY IT'S LIKE HIS BRAIN CELL IS HAVING A SEIZURE

John Lennox – Science Is Impossible Without God – Quotes – video remix
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6287271/

,,,<---- THERE IT IS AGAIN WTF and indeed Joseph, you demanding that we keep Theology out of ID turns out to be a double standard, for as Cornelius Hunter has pointed out many times before, the majority of arguments used by neo-Darwinists themselves are Theological in there basis, i.e. They pronounce on how God would or would not have done something in biology, or the universe, in order to try to make their case for neo-Darwinism!

I thought this idiot used G-D not "God" when did he stop doing that?  Or am I confusing him with some other typing tick pavlovian link spamming lackwit

bornagain77
04/22/2011
1:33 pm
correction; and indeed the staggering levels of design speak for themselves

shorter batshit "come here baby mmmmuah muah muah"

Joseph
04/22/2011
2:10 pm
bornagain77,

I wasn’t demanding I am requesting. And there isn’t any reason why IDists have to stoop to the level of anti-IDists. Let them use theological arguments. That just exposes their agenda.

Really, dipshit ? What does it expose when creationists do it?  Every creationist can't help themselves but to start bleating about their gods just give them enough space and a microphone or a office in a broom closet they will be yammering about theology in moments.  that's because you have fuckall else to talk about in IDC, because none of you pussies have even tried to calculate CSI for fucks sake the last 5 times we have had CSI wars.  

Sals post is like the full set of all the tard, comments are just moist towelettes and a menthol

We don't know who the designer is, we don't know how the designer did it but we know design when we see it and we see it in the mirror every day/UD mode off

tsig

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2011,23:01   

Quote (k.e.. @ April 23 2011,09:07)
I DO DAVE TARD, NOT LENNY. HOMO!

yeah I miss the bastard

When the Xian Talibhan get their gander up all i can think of is an AK47.

I miss the pizza.

That delivery boy was wise beyond his ears.

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: April 24 2011,14:04   

These "interviews" with Nancy Pearcey are both stupid and boring.  She sure don't know from deconstruction yo.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2011,17:09   

No posts for two days?

ETA:  Ok, April 25 - April 24 = 1 day, not 2.  But in IDMath, that's > the Universal Probability Bound/C.S. Lewis raised to the power of Chesterton.  Therefore Jesus.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2011,17:27   

Speaking of oddities, vjtorley chases after Acquinas again with his usual results.  All Science So Far.

But what's this at the bottom of the OP?

(Visited 394 times, 394 visits today)

The OP was made April 21, comments range from April 21 to April 25 and today is April 25.

We're supposed to believe that nobody read the OP until today, when 394 people suddenly checked in, read it and presumably sent 32 comments backwards in time?

You can't even trust ID blog software.

ETA: They're all that way.  Situation normal.

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2011,18:27   

That's gotta sting...

There's an online petition asking the Synthese Editors-in-Chief to retract the disclaimer that they put in the special issue on "Evolution and its rivals". The disclaimer was sought, reportedly, by "intelligent design" creationism advocates.

Signatory #116 to the petition is William Wimsatt of the University of Chicago. Wimsatt has a special connection to the evolution/creation controversy: he was Dembski's Ph.D. adviser for his philosophy degree.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2011,21:01   

Denise O'Leary headline prediction.....
Synthese editors bow to Darwinist pressure!

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2011,00:32   

25 April 2011
42 Nobel Laureates Oppose Academic Freedom In Louisiana
Jonathan M

aedgar
04/25/2011
5:19 pm

These “42 Nobel Laureates” commit the fallacy of appeal to authority.

Like WMAD back in 2005:

24 June 2005
Nobel Laureates for ID
William Dembski

Check out the following webpage: http://www.weloennig.de/Nobelpreistraeger1a.html.

The only difference: In his even for native German speakers nearly un-readable text Lönnig was refering to

(Nobel Laureates pro Intelligent Design (ID) of the Universe and Life and/or a "Religious Impulse" in Science)
(emphasis mine)
which actually means that they were not necessarily pro-ID. In addition most of them were already dead when Lönnig cited them. Since ID has not been invented before they died they could not say anything pro-ID and most of the quotes don't even refer to creationism.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2011,06:42   

which actually means that they were not necessarily pro-ID.

It's surprising that they didn't compile their list as "supports ID and/or likes puppies".

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2011,06:44   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ April 26 2011,12:42)
It's surprising that they didn't compile their list as "supports ID and/or likes puppies".

Damn! I'd be on that list!

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

PTET

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2011,07:46   

Quote (sparc @ April 26 2011,00:32)

aedgar
04/25/2011
5:19 pm

These “42 Nobel Laureates” commit the fallacy of appeal to authority.

Appeals to Authority are valid when they are from Lewontin or C.S. Lewis or teh baby jesus.

Appeals to Authority are invalid then they come from "a relevant source who has access to more information about the topic than the people discussing it"* where that source opposes ID.

It's easy when you know.

[* ty Conservapedia & edited for typo]

--------------
"It’s not worth the effort to prove the obvious. Ridiculous ideas don’t deserve our time.
Even the attempt to formulate ID is a generous accommodation." - ScottAndrews

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < ... 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]