RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,10:45   

Snipped from an unusually (and mercifully) short chunk of gordonballs:
The vultures are already circling, starting with geostrategically.

Intercontinental ballistic scavengers!

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

KevinB

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,10:58   

Quote (stevestory @ May 09 2016,18:29)

ziggy lorencMay 9, 2016 at 4:27 pm
EZ — “I wouldn’t agree to that. And US laws (and all the laws from Western Countries) do not say that. Why do you have to bring up extreme cases?”

Because it is the only way he can justify his untenable position? Was that the right answer? What do I win?

ziggy lorencMay 9, 2016 at 4:31 pm
KF — “ZL, your problem is…”

Whenever someone starts a sentence with something as pompously arrogant as this, I stop reading. If you are willing to reword it in a civil fashion, I will respond.

Holding my breath waiting.

Actually, I am not. I am not stupid enough to expect that you are capable of being less pompously arrogant.

ziggy if you cause our chewtoy KF to stroke out we will be very mad at you :angry:

Er... Is that the sort of stroke that might be available in a brothel?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,11:06   

AndreMay 10, 2016 at 8:58 am
Hrun

We can test in what kind of society we live quite easily….

An experiment you can try go to your local mall with 2 posters…

First picket that you are straight and proud…

Second picket that you are gay and proud.

You will very quickly pickup that being straight and proud is going to get you labeled a bigot, hater even worse conservative!

Go try it…… report back here
poor persecuted Andre!

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,11:08   

kairosfocusMay 10, 2016 at 9:56 am
Folks, I keep getting queasier and queasier about how hard we are going to crash as a civilisation and how much it will cost us. We are failing the sound upbringing of young males test. We are failing the demographic test. We are failing the debt test. We are failing the sound base of law and governance test. We are failing the sound mindset test. We are failing the sound media test. We are failing the geostrategic test, with nukes clearly in play. KF

KairosDoofus needs blood thinners stat!

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,11:27   

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,09:08)
Folks, I keep getting queasier and queasier about how hard we are going to crash as a civilisation and how much it will cost us. We are failing the sound upbringing of young males test. We are failing the demographic test. We are failing the debt test. We are failing the sound base of law and governance test. We are failing the sound mindset test. We are failing the sound media test. We are failing the geostrategic test, with nukes clearly in play. KF

Gordon is very interested in the sound upbringing of young males.  So is Mr Leathers.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,12:09   

ziggy lorencMay 10, 2016 at 10:53 am
KF — “PS: The incredible numbers of sexual partners problem (often including anonymous partners when numbers start to climb) has for decades been a well understood problem with esp male homosexuality.”

You do realize that this is an argument for SSM, not against it, don’t you?

AndreMay 10, 2016 at 10:57 am
The current generation sees it as backwards sure but does the current generation understand where it is going to take them? I will help you… humanists are having less and less offspring. Christians too are having less offspring that leaves a band of people that are fanatical in their religion currently growing faster than other groups. Soon they will be in the majority in many western countries.

They don’t sing my or your tune. Here we are debating, heckling but at the end of the day I go home and so do you. These people don’t debate, they chop off heads. They are winning and tyranny is coming, the young ones are not going to be equipped to deal with this because a false truce was created by the false idea of the enemy of my enemy is friend.

kairosfocusMay 10, 2016 at 11:05 am
ZL, in fact so-called same sex marriages do NOT stop the multiple partners problem, due to the same basic dynamics being at work. For, just making up abracadabra words and imposing them under colour of law cannot suffice to actually create something with the characteristics of genuine marriage. The Girgis paper provides details, but that is the problem we are a generation that will not endure a serious discussion that does not tickle our ears with what we want to hear. KF

AndreMay 10, 2016 at 11:05 am
The defenition of the natural order of things is not some unknowable mystery it’s the observation on how the world works. When I insert my penis into the vagina of the same species as me and we copulate there is a very good chance that there will be offspring. This is natural and it has happened for eons. We observe it over and over always the same. The natural order of things.
Hard to keep up with all the science at UD these days

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,13:31   

Quote (JohnW @ May 10 2016,11:27)

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,09:08)

Gordon is very interested in the sound upbringing of young males.  So is Mr Leathers.

Seems like KF lost big times when he referred to a constitutional crisis again and again some years back: Chic Gay Honeymoons notes Montserrat as gay friendly. and globalgayz reports on the island's gay life.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,14:14   

Given the history of those Caribbean islands, Columbus, etc., and KairosDoofus's ethnicity, the idea that things are getting catastrophically worse for people now because the European religious influence is diminishing is so ignorant it boggles the mind.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,14:33   

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,15:14)
Given the history of those Caribbean islands, Columbus, etc., and KairosDoofus's ethnicity, the idea that things are getting catastrophically worse for people now because the European religious influence is diminishing is so ignorant it boggles the mind.

That would be the mental state one stage prior to the state in which Gordon's fulminations appear to be rational and well-reasoned.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,15:33   

hrun0815May 10, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Re #274:

You know, I have taken part or observed these discussions about objective and subjective morality so many times now and the thing that I simply can not understand is this:

Are you unable to have a discussion about morality without ascertaining if your conversation partner does or does not believe in objective morality? Is it always the first question that has to come up? Or can you have these discussion for quite some time without asking the question?

My guess is the latter is true. If so, doesn’t that mean you can have rational discussion irrespective whether or not the discussion partner believes in objective morality? Or does the discussion retroactively become ‘impossible’ as soon as you find out?

hrun0815 came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,15:42   

ziggy lorencMay 10, 2016 at 2:26 pm
KF — “The incredible numbers of sexual partners problem (often including anonymous partners when numbers start to climb) has for decades been a well understood problem with esp male homosexuality.””

KF — “ZL, in fact so-called same sex marriages do NOT stop the multiple partners problem, due to the same basic dynamics being at work.”

And neither does it with opposite sex couples. But to declare that same sex couples shouldn’t be allowed to marry because the average homosexual has multiple partners does not fly unless you are willing to extend this prohibition to opposite sex individuals who have had multiple partners.

There is no such thing as an average homosexual. Homosexuals range from 100% monogamous to promiscuous. As is the case with heterosexuals.

Your statement is on a par with claiming that the average black is violent, the average jew is shifty, the average Mexican is lazy and the average Indian is a drunk. There is a word for people who use these types of statements to justify a belief, and I believe that shoe is your exact size.

Ziggy, you've earned this:

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,16:59   

Ziggy, you're the best:

ziggy lorenc
May 10, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Andre — “I have never seen a male impregnate another male…”

What movies you watch in the privacy of your home is your choice. I prefer movies with a plot and a different kind of action.

Andre — “…thus it can be safely said that male and female partnerships are the natural order of things, and until that happens that males and males can naturally and regularly make viable offspring like male and female copulation, it remains unnatural.

I guess that nobody bothered to tell nature about this natural order of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki.......ehavior

Ziggy beat the tards

Edited by stevestory on May 10 2016,18:04

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,17:26   

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,16:59)
Ziggy, you're the best:

ziggy lorenc

What movies you watch in the privacy of your home is your choice. I prefer movies with a plot and a different kind of action.

Andre — “…thus it can be safely said that male and female partnerships are the natural order of things, and until that happens that males and males can naturally and regularly make viable offspring like male and female copulation, it remains unnatural.

Ziggy beat the tards

SteveStorey, you can't have her, she's mine.
ziggy lorencMay 10, 2016 at 2:51 pm
KF — “Jesus spoke straight to us in the famed Sermon on the Mount:”

:) He also hung out with guys. :)

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,17:38   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2016,17:26)
Ziggy, you're the best:

ziggy lorenc

Ziggy beat the tards

Ziggy takes no prisoners.

ziggy lorencMay 10, 2016 at 4:34 pm
KF — “ZL, Jesus had disciples, altogether hundreds. Of these two core groups were the twelve (under training for leadership) and the women of the company who provided logistical support. KF”

Logistical support? Your misogyny is showing. How come that does not surprise me?

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,17:46   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2016,17:38)

Ziggy, you're the best:

ziggy lorenc

Ziggy beat the tards

KF — “ZL, Jesus had disciples, altogether hundreds. Of these two core groups were the twelve (under training for leadership) and the women of the company who provided logistical support. KF”

Logistical support? Your misogyny is showing. How come that does not surprise me?

JanieBelle and Corporal Kate would be proud!   :)

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,17:46   

Jesus needs sammiches.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,17:51   

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,17:46)
Jesus needs sammiches.

And I understand he had some pretty serious skid marks that needed to be cleaned.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,18:00   

It's not going to happen, but if UD shut down indefinitely, effective immediately, I'd have to applaud them for having some self-awareness. Zach, Indiana Effigy, Ziggy, hrun etc are just running up the score at this point. Mercy Rule!

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,18:01   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2016,18:51)
Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,17:46)
Jesus needs sammiches.

And I understand he had some pretty serious skid marks that needed to be cleaned.

well, he was a Young Male, so socialization is important...

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,18:06   

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,18:00)
It's not going to happen, but if UD shut down indefinitely, effective immediately, I'd have to applaud them for having some self-awareness. Zach, Indiana Effigy, Ziggy, hrun etc are just running up the score at this point. Mercy Rule!

Don't forget Clavdivs. And even Origenes played a role.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,18:12   

kairosfocusMay 10, 2016 at 5:02 pm
FYI, from a blog post by Harvard Prof Mark Tushnet:

The culture wars are over; they lost, we won. Remember, they were the ones who characterized constitutional disputes as culture wars . . . For liberals, the question now is how to deal with the losers in the culture wars. That’s mostly a question of tactics. My own judgment is that taking a hard line (“You lost, live with it”) is better than trying to accommodate the losers, who – remember – defended, and are defending, positions that liberals regard as having no normative pull at all. Trying to be nice to the losers didn’t work well after the Civil War, nor after Brown. (And taking a hard line seemed to work reasonably well in Germany and Japan after 1945.) I should note that LGBT activists in particular seem to have settled on the hard-line approach, while some liberal academics defend more accommodating approaches. When specific battles in the culture wars were being fought, it might have made sense to try to be accommodating after a local victory, because other related fights were going on, and a hard line might have stiffened the opposition in those fights. But the war’s over, and we won.

Sounds familiar?

The slide down the double slippery slopes is underway, and the attitude visible in this and other threads is here seen again.

Our civilisation is beginning to pay a price we will not believe ahead of the full measure. (But those who are pushing the agenda should remember the lesson of the Peloponnessian war: ultimate, mutual ruin.)

KF

See! See! They admit they're Hitler! Because they said they would act like the Allies acted to the Axis countries, and Axis countries were Hitler!!

Even for KF, this is exceptionally stupid.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,18:36   

Quote (stevestory @ May 10 2016,16:00)

I wouldn't rule out a relaunch as EwwHomos.com.

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,18:38   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 10 2016,17:46)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 10 2016,17:38)

Ziggy, you're the best:

ziggy lorenc

Ziggy beat the tards

JanieBelle and Corporal Kate would be proud!   :)

No comment necessary.
ziggy lorencMay 10, 2016 at 5:33 pm
KF — “ZL, you don’t know your NT, which shows in your haste to personalise, polarise and project. KF

I was criticizing your use of the phrase “logistic support”, not the NT. Girl Friday’s provide “logistical support”. Secretaries provide “logistical support”. Staff Seargents provide “logistical support”. A subservient role to those making the important decisions.

Your choice of that phrase speaks volumes about your ideas about women. Not that I was not already aware of them.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,19:45   

And another one.
ziggy lorencMay 10, 2016 at 6:42 pm
KF — “ZL, the excuse — actually, doubling down — for a blunder driven by ignorance and projection of a convenient strawman caricature, fails.”

Ah, unsheathing the “strawman caricature” theme when you get caught with your hands in your pants, worshipping your manhood. You can spin and swerve all you want, but claiming that the term “logistics support” was used by you to ascribe a critical and important role to the women surrounding Jesus, comparable to that of the disciples, is so transparent that I know of an emperor you can sell your story to.

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: May 10 2016,21:55   

Can anyone here give a name for the sort of person who can write this?:

StephenBMay 10, 2016 at 8:30 pm

hrun0815

There is not much to say about this. You claim to know the truth.

I certainly claim to know the truth about the relationship of morality to law. That is why I can cite example after irrefutable example. Once I made the point clear, you lost interest even though you began the dialogue taking the opposite position. Whenever I refute your position, you tend to ignore it and move om to something else. If you had conceded the point, which would have been the intellectually honest thing to do, I could have deepened my explanation and answered your questions at a higher and more important level.

You claim to know other people’s true motives and true feelings, if they claim otherwise.

I simply described two well-known aspects of human nature–avoidance and rationalization, and how those attributes can cloud judgment. I did not presume to probe the motives of any individual. If you check the record, you will find that is the case.

because words fail me.

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

timothya

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2016,02:12   

There can't be two people in the Carribean who write like this: Montserrat Reporter, 29 April 2016

--------------
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." Anatole France

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2016,05:46   

I wonder how Gordon E. Mullings and Kairosfocus would mutally judge their writings according to the table the anonymous author published

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2016,05:49   

Note to KF: If you cite German authors it is always worthwile to check what they did during the 3rd Reich. Especially, when you don't even have to look through German pages.

--------------

- William Dembski -

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2016,07:59   

Quote (sparc @ May 11 2016,05:49)
Note to KF: If you cite German authors it is always worthwile to check what they did during the 3rd Reich. Especially, when you don't even have to look through German pages.

ZL, [b]in 322 you have gone beyond living room rules. You will cease from such language forthwith, or leave this thread.[/] I say this as thread owner, in defense of basic civility. The resort to such accusations is also an implication that you have lost on the merits — indeed the attempt to twist a reference to wealthy women using their resources to provide logistical support to Jesus’ ministry into projecting an attack on women reflects that you have exactly the bigotry problem you perpetually try to turnabout and project to others who represent targets of your hostility. But, having been corrected on plain facts that you cannot answer, instead of acknowledging error and withdrawing insult and accusation, you have tried to double down on insults as you respect neither truth nor fairness nor common decency. You will have no further warnings. KF

So let it be written, so let it be done.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 11 2016,10:28   

You will have no further warnings. KF

KairosDoofus's tone reminds me of something....

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]