RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >   
  Topic: Egnor Flips Out, So much Egnorance, so little time< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
khan

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 03 2009,16:33   

One-eyed
One-horned
Flying
Purple People Eater

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 03 2009,18:48   

Quote (Kristine @ Mar. 03 2009,11:59)
Bobby Jindahl:        
Instead of monitoring volcanoes, what Congress should be monitoring is the eruption of spending in Washington.

Wow, and days later, Mount Egnor erupts. We should have been monitoring the Isn't-stitute on the slopes of the Mount Impossible range. :D

Maybe we should ask the moneyed creationists - the ones who aren't on unemployment, that is - for a grant to study the creationists, since they're so hungry for attention.

Who wants to write a grant for the Friday Meltdown? :p

No takers? We could get a Templeton Foundation grant. :p

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 03 2009,18:50   

I think it's time creationists stopped funding evolution.

--------------
Who said that ev'ry wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it
Look what it's done so far

The Daily Wingnut

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 04 2009,14:37   

Quote (BWE @ Mar. 03 2009,18:50)
I think it's time creationists stopped funding evolution.

And making Darwinian arguments ("There more of us than there are you! We have more money! We have more children! Blah!") in favor of creation, too. :)

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

Quidam

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 04 2009,21:06   

Egnor Erupts  

--------------
The organized fossils ... and their localities also, may be understood by all, even the most illiterate. William Smith, Strata. 1816

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 04 2009,21:09   

Quote (Doc Bill @ Mar. 03 2009,16:28)
Obviously, I was wrong about "purple prose satire."

Neither purple, prose nor satire, although the wisecrack about Madison and Ann Arbor was strangely funny.  Sort of like using the word "kazoo."

We all know the best place to hold a Darwinian Conference is San Francisco.

So, in the end, I'm at a loss as to Egnor's point, other than the one on the top of his head.  He used the word Darwin-xxx about a dozen times, and the same for creation-xxx, but he mentioned "boycott" a whopping 23 times!

Considering Egnor couldn't find either his ass or Louisiana on a map with both hands, I'm at a further loss as to understand why he gives a rat's in the first place.

Could it be that the DI is running out of molehills of which to make mountains?

So, back to my musings ...

Purple Haze?  No.
Purple Rain?  No.
Barney?  Hmmmmm, possibly.

wow quidam you are always on the money.

no doc bill I suggest Raging Purple Throbber For Da Jesus.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 04 2009,21:37   

Hey, if Egnor doubts his faith as much as he demonstrates by his writings, I was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

The brain is like a cell phone, remember?  He wrote that.  

Uh, Egnor, wrong number.  No call list.  F U.

JLT

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,13:59   

Egnor responds to PZ.

I'm wondering whether he knows what academic freedom means. This is the exact opposite:

The American public is Dr. Myers’ employer, and for many years it has patiently underwritten the Darwinist ideological crusade. Americans’ patience will run out someday, and they will decide to use their hard-earned tax money to employ ethical scientists who respect academic freedom and who advance real science, not atheist metaphysics.

Translation Egnor - rational:

ethical scientists - fundamentalist Christians
respect academic freedom - don't say things Egnor doesn't like and don't publish research Egnor doesn't approve of.
real science - God did it
atheist metaphysics - scientific hypothesis and theories Egnor doesn't like

--------------
"Random mutations, if they are truly random, will affect, and potentially damage, any aspect of the organism, [...]
Thus, a realistic [computer] simulation [of evolution] would allow the program, OS, and hardware to be affected in a random fashion." GilDodgen, Frilly shirt owner

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,14:21   

I didnt get a personalized response?!?!

But I helped get Egnor EXPELLED!!!

*SOB!*

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,14:31   

Someone off his meds again?

Anoxia due to being throttled by his major intestine?

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,17:04   

OK, true confession time.

Because I'm such a nice guy I gave Egnor an escape pod:  it was a hoax.

Even if he wrote the thing while stewed he could have taken the pod, done a Dembski "street theater" follow-up and had a few yucks at the expense of the Darwinists who took the bait.

Clearly I was wrong, Egnor apparently meant what he wrote and the DI published it on their website as "news."

Holy Shamoly!  Is there a shark remaining they have not jumped?

I mean, lies and inanity are one thing, but what Egnor writes is completely delusional.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,17:20   

Worse than delusional, the surgeon has Bobbeted himself. Failed brain surgery.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,17:20   

Quote (JLT @ Mar. 05 2009,13:59)
Egnor responds to PZ.

I'm wondering whether he knows what academic freedom means. This is the exact opposite:

The American public is Dr. Myers’ employer, and for many years it has patiently underwritten the Darwinist ideological crusade. Americans’ patience will run out someday, and they will decide to use their hard-earned tax money to employ ethical scientists who respect academic freedom and who advance real science, not atheist metaphysics.

Translation Egnor - rational:

ethical scientists - fundamentalist Christians
respect academic freedom - don't say things Egnor doesn't like and don't publish research Egnor doesn't approve of.
real science - God did it
atheist metaphysics - scientific hypothesis and theories Egnor doesn't like

someday = never

I too can speak creationist very well. :)

--------------

AtBC Poet Laureate

ERV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 05 2009,18:00   

Quote (Doc Bill @ Mar. 05 2009,17:04)
Because I'm such a nice guy I gave Egnor an escape pod:  it was a hoax.

Even if he wrote the thing while stewed he could have taken the pod, done a Dembski "street theater" follow-up and had a few yucks at the expense of the Darwinists who took the bait.

April Fools, 2007.

:P

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 06 2009,05:47   

Quote (ERV @ Mar. 05 2009,20:21)
I didnt get a personalized response?!?!

But I helped get Egnor EXPELLED!!!

*SOB!*

Abbie,

Have you learned nothing from the Behe episode? You are a grad student and (shock horror) a woman,  therefore you don't deserve a response. Well other than to have Lacey Cuskin* whine at you in a high pitched nasal drone that makes my hair hurt.

Louis

*JAD did one thing right, Lacey Cuskin sounds like some special public wig (i.e. not a normal merkin) for "gentlefolk".

--------------
Bye.

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 06 2009,08:03   

When some posteriosylvian State eventually gets around to implementing a DI Academic Creedom Bill, the lawyers for the rationally-inclined will eventually get around the "Who me, Officer?" defence and drag the DI into the witless box.  

And they will point to Ignor's "Fundies with Pitchforks and Torches" rant on a web site that doesn't seem to have a disclaimer about the contributors' views not necessarily reflecting etc etc etc.

Dumb, dumber, and DI

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Marion Delgado

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 06 2009,16:14   

What the great Dr. Egnor didn't say was that when  we, the plain, honest, hardworking people of real America, cut off your science funds, we'll have MORE MONEY FOR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

Be very afraid.

46 replies since Mar. 02 2009,08:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]