RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (341) < ... 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 ... >   
  Topic: UnReasonable Kansans thread, AKA "For the kids"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,12:12   

Quote (Annyday @ Feb. 13 2008,18:02)
Quote (Louis @ Feb. 13 2008,11:46)
Remember sweetie, mockery is not always intended seriously.

Do you mean to imply that the British understand not just language, but also humor? This is evolutionarily impossible. Humor is irreducibly complex, and God hates the British, so you all sit around drinking tea and shitty beer all day instead of talking. QED.

SHITTY BEER?

Fuck off! Piss drinking foreign bastard.

You can say what you like about anything but if you insult the beer you bring down the whirlwind my friend. Outside. NOW!

{Takes shirt off and storms into pub car park for a scrap}

Louis

P.S. I'm wondering if I put a disclaimer here if FTK will ignore it, claim I'm lying about the fact I'm not seriously offended or offering Annyday a fight and then post a part of my message to convey a message I expressedly don't wish too by failing to understand even basic sarcasm. Hmmmm. Nahhhh I'm going to go with no disclaimer. I reckon the smart ones can figure it out for themselves.

--------------
Bye.

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,12:21   

FtK wrote  
Well, Dave....see, I think you are *entirely* wrong.  You people brag consistently that the posters here are highly credentialed scientists who can answer any of the questions about this debate.  

No, that would be Panda's Thumb. This is AtBC. They are different, sort of like baramins.

The whole site is based on science, bashing ID, and making fun of religion.

The part about bashing ID is true. And ID is religion, thinly disguised.

It's also an atheist hang out...

...and it's full of people who use science to support their atheism.

So what?  What is it, exactly, that puts the bile in your words when you discuss something with an atheist? What country do you think you live in?

BTW, nobody said your son posted anything....YOU did, and you found it quite hilarious.

And that may be the single example of me, personally, "making fun of religion". On a site that is made for after-the-bar-closes comments. Contrast that with the thousands of times you have made fun of science, bashed scientists based not on science but on their personal beliefs, and generally behaved in a remarkably boorish manner ON YOUR OWN BLOG. Then add in the insults you sprinkle around here, none of which you would dare to print on your blog. All of this makes me think that you have no business tossing this particular stone.

So stop, already.

And as for this  
I've already retracted and apologized for said complaints against me, yet I'm still stuck here posting.

It ain't true. You apologized for one of the three things that you said, and have provided no facts to support the other two.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,12:24   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Feb. 13 2008,18:08)
FtK, you have a long list to get through.  You can start with the dishonesty about Genie Scott.  She told me she thinks that it is rather charming that the comment you cite is according to rabid antievolutionists and science deniers (that would be you) is the most you can dig up on her.

But, as long as we are pointing out that your critics do recognize you are in the dungeon (took you long enough to figure that out, sweetie), I know you are here and I am anxiously (bated breath) awaiting your pronouncement upon the greatest mystery of our time, did Our Lard and Savior beat his meat, or not.

I reckon Jesus flogged the dolphin. My guess would be that if Jesus-El-Savior-Christ even existed he wrestled the one-eyed champion.

You hear what I'm saying FTK? I reckon Jesus beat his meat, yanked his crank, relaxed in a gentleman's way, choked the chicken, said hello to Mrs Palm and her five lovely daughters (also works in French btw), vixen, se bronler, whacked off, throttled the banana, tugged the tummy truncheon, threw the spam javelin, went to see Palmela Handerson, made out with his fingered fiancee, flogged the log, stroked the cat, waxed the weasel, bashed the bishop, had a bout of hand to gland combat, performed a solo on the belly banjo, strummed his one string man guitar, beat the blue veined champion, wrestled the purple headed womb ferret, teased John Thomas, did hand pressups on his solo gym until he coughed his filthy yoghurt, went to his special place, cracked one off, knocked one out, treated himself to dinner and a movie, had a Jodrell Bank, a J Arthur Rank, a Barclays, and quite possibly a Sherman Tank, he waxed his pink surfboard of love, he played a private song on his iWang, he played one handed pocket billiards with his man's best friend until man fat erupted from his Herman Gelmet, he spanked the monkey up to the point where chopper custard flew in ropey strings from the hog's eye in his bell end, basically put, with no equivocation whatsoever, if Jesus existed he masturbated. Probably over Mary Magdalene's tits.*

Good enough for you?

Louis

*Apologies. These are all I could remember at short notice. Please help me with any I have forgotten.

--------------
Bye.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,12:32   

I'm done with the lot of you.  No more hoping there are real human beings under all the hatred and dishonesty.

Hatred? Dishonesty? Noooo. Mockery, lack of tolerance for your asinine claims and frankly shocking mendacity? Yessss!

One example of dishonesty will do FTK. I take it you have one. Show it!

Other than that, storming out, cries of persecution, we've seen this before. Shall I call the WAAAAAAmbulance for you?

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:09   

Do you think I give a flying fig what you think of me anymore, Rich?  

Probably not. but that doesn't make

1. YOU ARE NOT TELEPATHIC (FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME)
2. DO NOT QUOTE MINE - IT CHANGES THE INTENT, WHICH IS LYING, WHICH BREAKS 9TH COMMANDMENT (8TH IF YOU'RE ROMAN CATHOLIC OR LUTHERAN). IF YOU HOLD THESE COMMANDMENTS AS MEANINGFUL, HONOUR THEM.
3. LET THE READER DECIDE IF THERE IS ANY MALFEASANCE. DO NOT DECIDE FOR THEM, OR YOU'RE SPINNING.

Morally right does it. You will of course try and spin this into "atheist moral code" or something, but the fact of the matter is your book says one thing, you do another and its a behaviour we see not just from you but from Cordova, Dembski, Wells, Luskin etc.

You are a terrible advert for Christianity, but I wont judge them all by you.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Chayanov

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:14   

I'm done with the lot of you.

What? Again? How many times does this make it now? I'm guessing the Bathroom Wall will always be there for you.

--------------
Help! Marxist literary critics are following me!

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:16   

Look, I am very open-minded and I do like to play devil’s (heh) advocate with theological concepts – sophisticated ones, that is. Creationism and ID are emptier than the Buddhist concept of the void, wherein even “nothing” is “something”! (Yeah, try explaining that to someone who’s going on and on about “nothing exploded!” Many people think the universe expanded into outer space, instead of space itself unfolding with everything else. That’s the level of confusion that we’re dealing with, folks.) These people don’t really understand other religious beliefs, or they’d be less perplexed and frustrated about what they’re truly up against.

But, being a creative person is also a real blow to creationist thought. One reason is, you do not “own” what you create. It does not “obey” you. That’s an obtuse conception by people who are unimaginative. It does have a life, but its own life. When you're a creative person you have to surrender control, and let go of your fears about what's "right and wrong," but creationists can't. Control is what they're all about. (“Shall the pot ask, ‘What makest thou?’” etc. Why shouldn’t the pot ask, if it could? Artists don’t get our aesthetics from commandments.)

The second reason is, the art and literature worlds have their peer review, too. It doesn’t escape me that creationist and ID bookjackets exhibit [unintentional] naďve art and folk concepts, and that their writings are didactic and unsophisticated. I can just imagine what fiction from these people will be like (I saw Left Behind). And these guys want, in their twenty year goals, “To see its [design theory] influence in the fine arts.” I’m sorry, but they think scientists are snobs, and they want to dominate the arts and literature?

They’re going to get creamed! Have they any idea how cutthroat the criticism can be? They are going to get absolutely killed in the arts. If there’s one thing that the creative world can’t stand for long, it’s childish thinking and mediocre earnestness - what Melvin Bukiet calls Wonder Bread. Yes, yes, I know they’re also out to counter the “corruptive” influence of all this “evil culture,” but good luck, Savanarola. The puritanical aren’t creative thinkers. They don’t have a clue about the act of creation, and if their feelings are hurt now, just wait.

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:17   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 13 2008,19:09)
You are a terrible advert for Christianity, but I wont judge them all by you.

A neither will I. However, I reserve the right to mock the silly, ignorant, and dishonest segment of any religion, in this case specifically creationists, both unrelentingly nd mercilessly. They deserve nothing more or less than our abject scorn and derision. Bless their hearts. (I LOVE that Dixieism!)

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Chayanov

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:27   

Nothing seems to annoy the creationists more. We mock them but we don't stop them from being creationists. They can't bear the ridicule and their cries of persecution sound hollow. All they can do is storm off in a huff six or seven times a day.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:31   

It's a huff for six days, and on the seventh they molested.*

*I tease.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Annyday

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:35   

I'm done with the lot of you.

Stay gone, kindly.

--------------
"ALL eight of the "nature" miracles of Jesus could have been accomplished via the electroweak quantum tunneling mechanism. For example, walking on water could be accomplished by directing a neutrino beam created just below Jesus' feet downward." - Frank Tipler, ISCID fellow

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:40   

GrrRrrrr!

Dem Der Darwinists!

http://reasonablekansans.blogspot.com/2008....on.html

--------------

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,13:54   

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

THAT is religion bashing? THAT?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh FTK you're too funny.

1) The point of the disclaimer was NOT to absolve myself of any responsibility because I was "joking", the point was to draw attention to the deliberately humourous way the post was phrased. I know you don't get this FTK but the tone of the post was one of mockery and humour, there were indeed serious sentiments there, ones apparently too cryptic for you to comprehend. The humour being twofold: firstly: the conversation Bill, I and others were having was about the ridiculousness of the claims of scientology, the serious point was that if we are going to lay the claims of scientology open to ridicule (and I think we should) then we don't have to look very far into other religions to find other ridiculous claims. Hence the point at the end of the post about a variety of religions, including yours. secondly: the juxtaposition of the two very seriously held religious ideas being made in deliberately facecious language (hence the P.S.).

By the way I notice you put the P.S. in your new post with bolding I didn't make. You have changed the emphasis of the postscript to suit your needs. You don't even mention that the emphasis you have added is your own. That is also dishonest. What a shrill, whiny, dishonest little hypocrtite you are! Have you heard of sarcasm FTK? Is it possible that the way that postscript (and indeed the whole post) is written is not the way you THINK it is written? Hmmm why yes I think it is. Here's a dollar FTK, nip to the corner shop and buy yourself a clue.

2) FTK let's get this clear: I do not believe in your (or indeed ANY) tawdry little religion. I think many of the claims made in its name are demonstrably false, and there is no evidence whatsoever for your deity existing. I lack a belief in god, FTK, I'm an atheist. This comes as a shock to you? I hope not. Certain aspects (by no means all) of your religion are perfectly ludicrous. The whacky claims, made with no supporting evidence btw, of your faith are open to ridicule. Remember FTK mockery=/=bashing. So stop your whining.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,14:07   

Oh and whilst I think of it:

The idea FTK is trying to get across is that accepting evolutionary biology equals atheism. The way she is dishonestly trying to do this is by showing that there are (shock horror) atheists that don't agree with her religion or believe in her god (won't somebody think of the children) and that these monsterous mockers say things she doesn't like about her beliefs AND have the temerity to accept evolutionary biology as the best explanation we currently have for the diversity of life on earth. Those bastards!

It's an attempt to slander science and scientists by association with something she thinks is wicked, and more than that to present this as a conflict of faiths to suit her disingenuous and dishonest relativist crap.

Sadly nothing could be further from the truth. Whilst the findings of science ARE antithetical to her specific beliefs (because they refute them utterly) and her specific theology is destroyed by science, this is not the case for every theology. There are theological ideas that are congruent with observed reality, and amazingly many people find no conflict between having a religious faith and accepting science. Yes, the process of reason is inimical to the process of faith as epistemological methods, and yes, the same process that underlies science also underlies atheism in a certain sense, but the claim that this is acceptance of science is somehow a facet of or result of or predicated upon atheism is simply untrue. Hence why I have been banging on about shifts in theology NOT total loss of faith.

Anyway, FTK is manifestly too stupid and ignorant to even begin to understand the nuances of this, so this is for teh luhrkaz.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,14:14   

From Fort Topeka  
There are endless examples of religion bashing I could share, so I don’t know why they are accusing me of being dishonest.

I have no idea. Other than the fact that she is on record as saying things that she can't prove, and weaseling when those things are (inevitably) pointed out to her.

As for bashing, since she is on record as believing that science=atheism, and "Darwinism"=atheism, and atheism=religion, doesn't it make it religion-bashing when she bashes science, or atheism, or "Darwinists"? Lord knows that there are enough examples of those things, and they are  religion-bashing by any logical reckoning.

Yet another fine example of beams in the eyes...

Have fun with Sal. And ask him why his post about wanting "Darwinists" to be like dead soldiers isn't religion-bashing as well, according to his and your perverse logic about what constitutes a religion.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,14:15   

Ftk STILL can't bring herself to include the entire passage - she fails to mention that the originally omitted postscript was addressed explicitly to HER - which underscores how motivated that omission really was.

"P.S. WARNING TO CERTAIN PEOPLE (NOT R. BILL. I'm looking at YOU FTK)..."

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Mister DNA

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,14:32   

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 13 2008,12:01)
You can lauch all kinds of shit at me on "my" thread, and you know the lurkers will never spend the time searching for my answers at the BW.

This is what is known as "Wishful Thinking", FtK.

The more people investigate your responses, the more people come to see how well-deserved is all the mockery aimed at you.

--------------
CBEB's: The Church Burnin' Ebola Blog
Thank you, Dr. Dembski. You are without peer when it comes to The Argument Regarding Design. - vesf

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,15:11   

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 13 2008,10:06)
I've only been subject to this crap for a little over three years, and I've had it.

[puts on war fatigues and heads for Sal's bunker]

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 13 2008,12:16)

You don't even mention that the emphasis you have added is your own.

Yes, I did, you idiot.  Blind?  It's right there in the quote:

[my emphasis]

And, don't for a second say that I just now added that, BECAUSE IT WAS THERE FROM THE START.

Jerk.

130 minutes.  Has FTK broken her record for shortest flounce-out?

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Mister DNA

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,15:36   

Quote (JohnW @ Feb. 13 2008,15:11)
Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 13 2008,10:06)
I've only been subject to this crap for a little over three years, and I've had it.

[puts on war fatigues and heads for Sal's bunker]

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 13 2008,12:16)

You don't even mention that the emphasis you have added is your own.

Yes, I did, you idiot.  Blind?  It's right there in the quote:

[my emphasis]

And, don't for a second say that I just now added that, BECAUSE IT WAS THERE FROM THE START.

Jerk.

130 minutes.  Has FTK broken her record for shortest flounce-out?

Damn. I was thinking of getting a pot going to see how long FtK's self-imposed exile will last. I guess we'll have to wait for the next one.

--------------
CBEB's: The Church Burnin' Ebola Blog
Thank you, Dr. Dembski. You are without peer when it comes to The Argument Regarding Design. - vesf

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,15:51   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 13 2008,10:57)
Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Feb. 13 2008,11:56)
Quote (Louis @ Feb. 13 2008,11:35)
But Jesus loves you, right? So it's all ok.

Doubt it. FTK is the least christian christian I've ever encountered.

One one hand perhaps God meant the 10 commandments. Another  theory is he didn't. Teach both.

There were supposed to be fifteen commandments, but Mel Brooks dropped the third tablet.
:p

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,16:15   

FTK gets it wrong again
I could write a book

OK, the full quote is
I could write a book on the subject of religion bashing by supposed professional scientists.

I still say no.
http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-171743

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Chayanov

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,16:38   

They don’t even seem to worry about what people think of their nonsense.

That's true. I don't care what people think about what I do and do not believe. Unlike creationists, who are so terrified someone might ridicule their beliefs that they seek to suppress dissenting opinions.

--------------

Steverino

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,17:10   

FTK,

You have stated a few times the you have a "bullshit" meter.  Funny how those work.

In order for your bullshit meter to work, it has to know what is, and what is not bullshit.  As, you are the inner workings and brains of this bullshit meter, you assume to know what is and what is not bullshit based on your emotions.

So tell me again, how it is possible for you to approach anything, let alone the Theory of Evolution, with an open mind?

I'm calling "Bullshit" on your bullshit meter.

--------------
- Born right the first time.
- Asking questions is NOT the same as providing answers.
- It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up!

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,17:13   

Quote (Chayanov @ Feb. 13 2008,15:38)

They don’t even seem to worry about what people think of their nonsense.

That's true. I don't care what people think about what I do and do not believe. Unlike creationists, who are so terrified someone might ridicule their beliefs that they seek to suppress dissenting opinions.

Especially when they can't figure out that DS is clandestinely insulting Denyse by linking, now that he's apparently not free to call her "Morphodyke" and joke about shaving dogs' asses and making them walk backwards anymore. Oh UDers, they said the French word for "shower" and "bag" to refer to Ms. O'Leary! Isn't that horrible? *Wring hands, wink, wink* Oh, it's so awful I can't stop looking at it! And none of them get it.

By all means, write a book. Paint a painting, do a little dance. Bring it, bring it. Mapplethorpe and Genet and Duchamp, oh my! Don't these foul-minded bigots know that they're their own worst enemies? Intelligent design is going to conquer the art world!

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,20:16   

Quote (Steverino @ Feb. 13 2008,18:10)
FTK,

You have stated a few times the you have a "bullshit" meter.  Funny how those work.

"bullshit meter" is a synonym for "common sense". One of the great things about a science education is learning that what is common sense, what is reasonable, and intuitive, is not always what is correct. FtK never learned this, and struggles in vain against science.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,20:36   

i tried to ask her what my comment had to do with bashing religion, or religion at all.  It didn't make it.

Monkeys do it.

So do little babies.  Probably not as furiously as I dunno, Sal Cordova (and probably without the leg spikes and cat o nine tails), but they mash their junk.

How is that bashing religion?  blink.  blink.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,21:43   

I no longer have the time and energy to follow AtBC very closely. I assume there's a post which details exactly what transgressions FtK committed and should retract in order to resume posting in this thread?

J. O'Donnell

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,21:44   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Feb. 13 2008,11:56)
Quote (Louis @ Feb. 13 2008,11:35)
But Jesus loves you, right? So it's all ok.

Doubt it. FTK is the least christian christian I've ever encountered.

I'm not 100% convinced. Sal is getting up there as well.

--------------
My blog: Animacules

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,21:49   

Quote (stevestory @ Feb. 13 2008,22:43)
I no longer have the time and energy to follow AtBC very closely. I assume there's a post which details exactly what transgressions FtK committed and should retract in order to resume posting in this thread?

Check your inbox.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

J. O'Donnell

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2008,21:54   

Quote (Ftk @ Feb. 13 2008,12:06)
No more hoping there are real human beings under all the hatred and dishonesty.

Just like what people see from you nearly every time you post? Rampant dishonesty is what all you spout in every single one of your posts.

I think being confined to the forum toilet is better for you, it means less people see you make a fool of yourself and dig your own hole further.

What amazes me is how you still don't understand you got stuck there not because anyone is 'afraid' of how you defend yourself (quite the opposite), but your dead set refusal to support or retract an obvious lie you said. Until you see the difference, you are not worth bothering with and good riddance to you.

--------------
My blog: Animacules

10202 replies since Mar. 17 2007,23:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (341) < ... 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]