RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (42) < ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... >   
  Topic: MrIntelligentDesign, Edgar Postrado's new Intelligent Design< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:17   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Oct. 13 2015,16:08)
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,09:17)
Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,07:47)
Hey Edgar, this is why you fail.  Well, one of the countless reasons.  A genuine scientist, on science and how it works:

“Science is unique.  The idea is to try to give all the information to help others judge the value of your contribution; not just the information that leads to judgement in one particular direction or another.”  Richard Feynman

Yes, he was right.

The reason why he said that because he received taxes, grants and funds from anywhere.

All books for ToE had already been prepaid by taxes, thus, they must be free!

I am a freelance scientist and I have the best science. They have the best monetary supports, but they have the worst science.

Dawkins will be surprised to find out his books had to be free.  As will Coyne. And Shubin.  And...

Oh, I wish I could debate those guys even in online forum...

But they are afraid to do...

I've debated one scientist in YouTube who is a member of prestigious science group in USA but he could not even answer my question.

I've told him to bring his best colleagues to fight me...but he was afraid.

Thus, they are doing religious works and not science.

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:22   

Quote (JohnW @ Oct. 13 2015,15:58)
Fuck, this guy's boring.

At least Gary's funny, with his intelligent molecules, four-legged hippocampus-equipped insects, and McGonagallesque writing style.  Potato just screams I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I SAID SO over and over again.

I have science and I have the best explanation in since I discovered the real intelligence.

If you read all of mys post, my new discovery was the only explanation which could explain if "eating because you are hungry is intelligence or not"!

Gary and all other are all wrong in intelligence, thus, they are NOT reliable!

What are you going to teach to your kids about intelligence? There are 80 definitions of this topic! You have 1/80 chance that you could understand this...but even so, the 1/80 is still wrong!

To know intelligence, you will surely come to me or die without knowing intelligence well..I think the latter will be your experience...

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:24   

Quote (dazz @ Oct. 13 2015,10:41)
[quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 12 2015,22:56][quote=dazz,Oct. 12 2015,15:52]
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 12 2015,22:45)
Quote (dazz @ Oct. 12 2015,10:40)

Did you use the egg-tissue experiment in your book as evidence to support your intelen/naturen categorization? Yes or no?

Yes.

Then why don't you publish that retraction?

If that experiment is evidence for your intelen/naturen categorization based on the number of solutions to a problem, then your experiment should produce consistent results for ANY problem and ANY solution(s)

If I try with a more intelligent solution (some soft material), I found that I could solve the problem without needing more than one paper tissue.

I also found that, using paper tissues, I could reproduce your results and one single paper tissue was enough if what I wanted (the problem) was to break the egg. I fact, I managed to break the egg with NO tissues, rags or any extra elements!

So I experimentally tested your theory and found problems with 0, 1 and more than 1 solutions.

This clearly falsifies your theory because it shows that the number of solutions, defined and applied exactly as per your own instructions in your book, is independent of the "intelligence" involved in the experiment.

Therefore, you must retract your work and apologize A.S.A.P.

Did you read my science book in which I explained my egg-tissue experiment?

If not, then, you had no idea of what you are saying!

YOU ARE REALLY RETARD who conclude something without fully knowing it well!

dazz

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:28   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,23:24)
[quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,10:41][quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 12 2015,22:56]
Quote (dazz @ Oct. 12 2015,15:52)

Did you use the egg-tissue experiment in your book as evidence to support your intelen/naturen categorization? Yes or no?

Yes.

If that experiment is evidence for your intelen/naturen categorization based on the number of solutions to a problem, then your experiment should produce consistent results for ANY problem and ANY solution(s)

If I try with a more intelligent solution (some soft material), I found that I could solve the problem without needing more than one paper tissue.

I also found that, using paper tissues, I could reproduce your results and one single paper tissue was enough if what I wanted (the problem) was to break the egg. I fact, I managed to break the egg with NO tissues, rags or any extra elements!

So I experimentally tested your theory and found problems with 0, 1 and more than 1 solutions.

This clearly falsifies your theory because it shows that the number of solutions, defined and applied exactly as per your own instructions in your book, is independent of the "intelligence" involved in the experiment.

Of course I did, it was posted at talkrational forums, and the link posted here.

Did you really think that would bail you out?

Now publish that retraction. I mean NOW

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:28   

Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,09:27)
[quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,10:14]
Nothing you have posted here provides any motivation whatsoever to read your self-published books.
No one buys them, no one takes them seriously, and that's being generous.

We've already shown here that what appears to be your foundational distinction, between 'intellen' and 'naturen' is confused, incoherent, and relies on an argument from ignorance.

You have no new discoveries, except in the trivial sense that you have combined words in new ways.  But everyone does that all the time, almost always with more meaning, more sense, and more utility than your word salad.

I am not asking you to read my science books. I wrote them to document my new discoveries and I cannot give them free.

I don't care if you die without knowing my new discoveries, that is already your faulty, not mine.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:29   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:22)
Fuck, this guy's boring.

At least Gary's funny, with his intelligent molecules, four-legged hippocampus-equipped insects, and McGonagallesque writing style.  Potato just screams I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I SAID SO over and over again.

I have science and I have the best explanation in since I discovered the real intelligence.

If you read all of mys post, my new discovery was the only explanation which could explain if "eating because you are hungry is intelligence or not"!

What are you going to teach to your kids about intelligence? There are 80 definitions of this topic! You have 1/80 chance that you could understand this...but even so, the 1/80 is still wrong!

To know intelligence, you will surely come to me or die without knowing intelligence well..I think the latter will be your experience...

Ridiculous.

"Eating" is such a poorly specific activity that whether it is intelligent or not is moot.

In order to eat, a human must decide when, where, what, and how.  At what point down the scale do we encounter animals (loosely speaking) that sense hunger and immediately consume whatever is present?
There are always intermediate activities, at least at the scale where hunger is felt as such.

You're an absurdist fraud.
It's very amusing to watch you pick and choose what you will respond to.  Somehow it's never the hard issues -- except when all you can do is shout 'shut up!'.
But as everyone, except possibly you, knows, that's not how science works.
I think you know it too, you just pretend so you can continue on your journey of self-glorification and self-aggrandizement, always in the desperate hope that you'll somehow "make it" and become rich and famous.
As if scientific success were measured by riches and fame.

Pathetic.

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:30   

Quote (dazz @ Oct. 13 2015,16:28)
[quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,23:24]

Of course I did, it was posted at talkrational forums, and the link posted here.

You had already read the FREE one Section of the book that I've shared!

LOL!

You have no clue on my science....what I'm sharing here are only tiny fractions of what you ought to know...

Thus, you had no idea of what you are saying!

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:31   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:24)
[quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,10:41][quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 12 2015,22:56]

Yes.

Why are you not presenting it here?
Why on earth should anyone buy your books?
Based on what you post here, there's not a single reason to, other than perhaps to have a good laugh and to scoff at how bad your skills with words, with logic, with evidence, reasoning, etc., all are.

Present your experiment, in sufficient detail that anyone can reproduce it.

Acknowledge that your foundational argument is an argument from ignorance.  We can never know that we have found all possible solutions to any particular problem, which means that we can never be certain that we have correctly distinguished 'intellen' from 'naturen'.

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:32   

Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,16:29)
Fuck, this guy's boring.

Ridiculous.

"Eating" is such a poorly specific activity that whether it is intelligent or not is moot.

In order to eat, a human must decide when, where, what, and how.  At what point down the scale do we encounter animals (loosely speaking) that sense hunger and immediately consume whatever is present?
There are always intermediate activities, at least at the scale where hunger is felt as such.

It's very amusing to watch you pick and choose what you will respond to.  Somehow it's never the hard issues -- except when all you can do is shout 'shut up!'.
I think you know it too, you just pretend so you can continue on your journey of self-glorification and self-aggrandizement, always in the desperate hope that you'll somehow "make it" and become rich and famous.

Pathetic.

Just admit that you cannot categorize if eating because hungry is intelligence or not.

That is the simplest empirical evidence of categorizing event/thing/X but you could not even do it!

And you have nerve to tell me that I'm wrong??

Hilarious! LOL!

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:34   

Quote (QED @ Oct. 13 2015,10:15)
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,09:12)
Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,08:28)
"They laughed at Fulton!"
"They laughed at Edison!"

But 'they' also laughed at Bozo the Clown.  And Edgar Postrado, and Gary Gaulin, and TimeCube Guy, and Michael Behe, and Sal Cordova, and Joe G, and the rest of the Idiots.

But I have always the last victory laugh since I discovered the real intelligence. If someone in this 7 billions people on earth would like to discover the real intelligence, they will end agreeing with me! That is the reason why I published my science books fast and quick so that when that "discoverer" will claim that he/she discovered the real intelligence, I will show to him/her the date of my publication and my YouTube videos. I've already discovered it!

I HAVE SCIENCE and I'M RIGHT! THAT IS FOR SURE!

OK - time to confess. You're really Ben Carson, aren't you?

ToE supporters are really crazy!

LOL!

dazz

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:35   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,23:30)
[quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,16:28]
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,23:24)

You had already read the FREE one Section of the book that I've shared!

LOL!

You have no clue on my science....what I'm sharing here are only tiny fractions of what you ought to know...

Thus, you had no idea of what you are saying!

You already admitted here that the egg-tissue experiment was your "evidence" for your categorization.

It's far to late to dodge the question, your own experiment was revealed, you admitted it should support your claims, yet it failed when reproduced.

You are cornered, no place to go. You lost, and you must do like you said you would if an experiment proved you wrong. Well, your own experiment did

So withdraw your books from Amazon. It's not that big of a deal, no one is going to buy them anyway

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:35   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:28)
[quote=NoName,Oct. 13 2015,09:27]
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,10:14)

Nothing you have posted here provides any motivation whatsoever to read your self-published books.
No one buys them, no one takes them seriously, and that's being generous.

We've already shown here that what appears to be your foundational distinction, between 'intellen' and 'naturen' is confused, incoherent, and relies on an argument from ignorance.

You have no new discoveries, except in the trivial sense that you have combined words in new ways.  But everyone does that all the time, almost always with more meaning, more sense, and more utility than your word salad.

I am not asking you to read my science books. I wrote them to document my new discoveries and I cannot give them free.

I don't care if you die without knowing my new discoveries, that is already your faulty, not mine.

ROFLMAO
This after repeated insistence that people read his books rather than him having to explain himself here.

But I think it's clear that we already know more than enough about your "new discoveries".  Whether anyone knows about them or not is on you.  Expecting people to buy them on nothing more than your say-so really is insane.
Such a pathetic lunatic.

Yes, Gary is more entertaining than this guy.
He's done more, has more, and is worth more serious attention.
Some of the same delusions, almost all of the same deficiencies, but at least entertaining.

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:38   

Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,16:31)
[quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,17:24][quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,10:41]
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 12 2015,22:56)

Yes.

Based on what you post here, there's not a single reason to, other than perhaps to have a good laugh and to scoff at how bad your skills with words, with logic, with evidence, reasoning, etc., all are.

Acknowledge that your foundational argument is an argument from ignorance.  We can never know that we have found all possible solutions to any particular problem, which means that we can never be certain that we have correctly distinguished 'intellen' from 'naturen'.

I am presenting here simple thing and I reserve the expeirnt for those who bought my book.

The best demonstration for intelligence is eating because hungry..

BUT YOU COULD NOT EVEN GET IT!

Is eating because hungry is an intelligent action or not?

You could not even answer it! But when I explained it to you, you refused to accept!

But you could NOT explain it nor you don't have replacement!

YOU ARE really RELIGIOUS RETARD!

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:39   

Quote (dazz @ Oct. 13 2015,16:35)
[quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,23:30][quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,16:28]
You already admitted here that the egg-tissue experiment was your "evidence" for your categorization.

It's far to late to dodge the question, your own experiment was revealed, you admitted it should support your claims, yet it failed when reproduced.

You are cornered, no place to go. You lost, and you must do like you said you would if an experiment proved you wrong. Well, your own experiment did

So withdraw your books from Amazon. It's not that big of a deal, no one is going to buy them anyway

FUNNY!

LOL!

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:41   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:32)

Fuck, this guy's boring.

Ridiculous.

Pathetic.

Just admit that you cannot categorize if eating because hungry is intelligence or not.

That is the simplest empirical evidence of categorizing event/thing/X but you could not even do it!

Hilarious! LOL!

Nonsense.

"Eating" is a poorly qualified and entirely unquantified term.

You've rejected my suggested 3 forms of 'eating' as not being what you meant.
Yet eating can be accomplished by consumption of solid food, liquid food, or an iv drip.
3 different solutions, one problem.  So, 'intellen' in your absurdist notions.
You reject this for no other grounds than that you want to identify this as 'naturen', so the "experiment" has to be force-fit into a form that will support your pre-determined conclusion.

Let us not lose track of the fact that you haven't addressed the time issue -- if I am hungry, *when* do I eat?  As soon as something edible appears?  If not, then why is eating not 'intellen'?  A decision as to what, when, and how must be made.  Even by animals.

Yet you have the unmitigated gall to insist this is "the simplest empirical evidence" of categorizing a thing or event.  You clearly no nothing at all about analysis of any sort, about managing details, about paying attention to what's really happening.
You stumble across a word, force-fit it into the word-salad of your notions, and proudly proclaim that you have solved a great problem.
How very odd that it's only a problem in your "system", that no one else sees the problem at all.

You have no operational definition of 'eating' nor of 'intelligence'.
Until you produce such, we are fully justified in mocking you and your absurdities.

You have nothing, nothing at all.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:44   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:38)
[quote=NoName,Oct. 13 2015,16:31][quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,17:24]
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 12 2015,22:56)

Yes.

I am presenting here simple thing and I reserve the expeirnt for those who bought my book.

The best demonstration for intelligence is eating because hungry..

BUT YOU COULD NOT EVEN GET IT!

You could not even answer it! But when I explained it to you, you refused to accept!

But you could NOT explain it nor you don't have replacement!

YOU ARE really RELIGIOUS RETARD!

Same old, same old.

Absent a precise operational definition of 'eating', the answer, of course, is "it depends";
Too bad for you.

You can't provide definitions, let alone operational definitions, because you don't know what you're talking about.

And, let us note, I've answered your  "is eating intelligent action or not" repeatedly.  You reject my answer solely because it does not agree with your prejudices.
Too bad for you.
I've got evidence, you don't.
Remember, when, what, and how.

And just by the way, no one is bringing religion into this but you.  You know nothing about my religious beliefs or lack thereof.
Yet you see fit to scream about them.
That's not scientific, now is it?

dazz

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:45   

Yes it is, or are you willing to argue that NOT eating when you're hungry is intelligent?

Where's your experiment for this? You got no eggs left, no place to go, cornered, helplessly embarrassed

RETRACT YOUR WORK

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:46   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:39)
[quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,16:35][quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,23:30]

FUNNY!

LOL!

Funny?
No, I think dazz has you dead to rights.

Your work is laughable on your own grounds.
You've failed.  Your crap has been examined and found to be exactly that -- crap.

So do the honorable thing -- remove your books from Amazon, get off the web, stop telling lies about yourself, and apologize to those you've wronged.

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:52   

Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,14:41)
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,17:32)

Fuck, this guy's boring.

Ridiculous.

Pathetic.

Hilarious! LOL!

Nonsense.

"Eating" is a poorly qualified and entirely unquantified term.

You've rejected my suggested 3 forms of 'eating' as not being what you meant.
Yet eating can be accomplished by consumption of solid food, liquid food, or an iv drip.
3 different solutions, one problem.  So, 'intellen' in your absurdist notions.
You reject this for no other grounds than that you want to identify this as 'naturen', so the "experiment" has to be force-fit into a form that will support your pre-determined conclusion.

Let us not lose track of the fact that you haven't addressed the time issue -- if I am hungry, *when* do I eat?  As soon as something edible appears?  If not, then why is eating not 'intellen'?  A decision as to what, when, and how must be made.  Even by animals.

Yet you have the unmitigated gall to insist this is "the simplest empirical evidence" of categorizing a thing or event.  You clearly no nothing at all about analysis of any sort, about managing details, about paying attention to what's really happening.
You stumble across a word, force-fit it into the word-salad of your notions, and proudly proclaim that you have solved a great problem.
How very odd that it's only a problem in your "system", that no one else sees the problem at all.

You have no operational definition of 'eating' nor of 'intelligence'.
Until you produce such, we are fully justified in mocking you and your absurdities.

You have nothing, nothing at all.

"The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why, and Where phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question 'How can we eat?' the second by the question 'Why do we eat?' and the third by the question 'Where shall we have lunch?'"
- Douglas Adams

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:53   

Face it, Mr.ID -- you've not been able to logically counter a single argument raised against you.
The best, and I mean the very best, you've been able to do is to stamp and whine and shout "SHUT UP!"

You completely misunderstand science, in every respect.
You have no definitions, you have no evidence, you don't even actually have a problem that needs solving.

But worst of all, you have the ignorant arrogance to assert that the only difference that mass adoption of your views would make is that you, personally, would become rich and famous.
If that's the only difference your notions would make, it's hardly worth the bother, now is it?
You're gaining in notoriety, perhaps, but you'll never be significant.
You are a meaningless little blot on life, gazing enviously at those who are actually accomplishing things with science, bitterly jealous that success gains support.
It's so unfair to you!  After all, who could know better than you that you are worthy of support and respect?
Why, anyone and everyone who has encountered you, of course.

someotherguy

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:55   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,16:17)

Hey Edgar, this is why you fail.  Well, one of the countless reasons.  A genuine scientist, on science and how it works:

“Science is unique.  The idea is to try to give all the information to help others judge the value of your contribution; not just the information that leads to judgement in one particular direction or another.”  Richard Feynman

Yes, he was right.

The reason why he said that because he received taxes, grants and funds from anywhere.

I am a freelance scientist and I have the best science. They have the best monetary supports, but they have the worst science.

Dawkins will be surprised to find out his books had to be free.  As will Coyne. And Shubin.  And...

I've debated one scientist in YouTube who is a member of prestigious science group in USA but he could not even answer my question.

Who is the scientist you debated?  Please provide a link to this youtube debate.

--------------
Evolander in training

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:55   

Quote (JohnW @ Oct. 13 2015,17:52)
"The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why, and Where phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question 'How can we eat?' the second by the question 'Why do we eat?' and the third by the question 'Where shall we have lunch?'"
- Douglas Adams

No disrespect to the master intended, but he did leave out the Decadence phase -- when the question is "Now?  Really?  Let me finish up my mani-pedi and perhaps we can find someplace amusing to dine.  I don't know, all the good spots are just so full of people like that dreadful Postrado fellow.  How he ever got a job serving food is beyond me!  Dreadful jumped up little fellow.  What were we deciding again?"

dazz

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:56   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,23:39)
[quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,16:35][quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,23:30]

FUNNY!

LOL!

That's how you plan on debating scientists?

You failed and you know it. You won't be sitting next to Jeebus looking down while humanity worships you as the modern prophet, because it's all in your mind fucktard.

It's never too late. Retract your shit and move on

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,16:57   

Quote (someotherguy @ Oct. 13 2015,17:55)
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,16:17)

Yes, he was right.

Who is the scientist you debated?  Please provide a link to this youtube debate.

Really.
We certainly have no reason to believe anything this tawdry little poseur posts.

But it is amusing how the only possible reason anyone could have for not continuing to argue/debate/discuss with him is fear.
It seems far likelier that it quickly becomes obvious that he is arguing/debating/discussing in bad faith and that to continue would be a waste of time and effort.

Tell me Edgar, is fear 'naturen' or 'intellen'?  How do you know?

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 13 2015,18:55   

Hello again, Edgar,
Comments, please?

Quote (N.Wells @ Oct. 12 2015,19:03)
Hello, Edgar,

Yes, trees are intellen but what they are doing are naturen.
 I don't see that you have any basis except circular reasoning and bald assertion for claiming that trees are intellen.  Please demonstrate how I am wrong on that.

I have given you an empirical evidence that you yourself can confirm and test.
 I haven't seen anything that you present that meets the definition of empirical evidence.  Possibly I've missed something, but I suspect that the problem is that you don't know the meaning of "empirical data" (I know you cited a definition for empirical data three pages ago, but I don't see how that definition applies to anything that you have said).  Please specify which data you have presented that you think are empirical.

Now, if you apply that to real world in Biology, for example, you can see that bonobo, orangutan, chimps, and the likes don't use "intelligence" but instinct only. When they faced one problem, they have only one solution - thus, it is always symmetrical phenomenon.
Except, that's not true.
[URL=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3153320/Bonobos-glimpse-time-Stone-Age-man-Apes-seen-making-wooden-spears-daggers-stone-shovels-li

ke-human-ancestors.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/science....rs.html[/URL]

Researchers have reported witnessing bonobos modifying branches to create spears and using antlers and rocks as daggers, scrapers, shovels and hammers. ........'The bonobos used modified branches and unmodified antlers or stones to dig under rocks and in the ground or to break bones to retrieve the food.

‘Antlers, short sticks, long sticks, and rocks were effectively used as mattocks, daggers, levers, and shovels, respectively.

‘One bonobo successively struck a long bone with an angular hammer stone, completely bisecting it longitudinally.

‘Another bonobo modified long branches into spears and used them as attack weapons and barriers.

‘The bonobos' foraging techniques resembled some of those attributed to Oldowan hominins, implying that they can serve as referential models.’

https://www.insidescience.org/content........768

Although bonobos in the wild are not known for tool use, in captivity they have shown remarkable capabilities with stone tools. For instance, in the 1990s, researchers taught the male bonobo Kanzi and the female Pan-Banisha how to knap flint -- that is, strike the rocks together to create tools -- and use the resulting stone flakes to cut rope to open a box and to cut leather to open a drum for food.  Now scientists reveal that in the intervening years, by practicing on their own, Kanzi and Pan-Banisha have developed a broader stone tool kit for more complex tasks, making them at least a match with chimpanzees in tool use.  The researchers challenged Kanzi and Pan-Banisha to break wooden logs and to dig underground, tests similar to tasks the apes might have to carry out to get food in the wild. To break the logs -- an act similar at cracking open bones to get at marrow -- the scientists not only saw these apes use rocks as hammers or projectiles to smash their targets, but also observed them either rotating stone flakes to serve as drills or use the flakes as scrapers, axes or wedges to attack slits, the weakest areas of the log. To root into hard soil, these bonobos used both unmodified rocks and a variety of handmade stone tools as shovels.  The stone tools Kanzi and Pan-Banisha created match the main categories of the first known stone tools from the ancestors of humans. Dating back roughly 2.6 million years to Ethiopia, these tools are known as the Oldowan, and include heavy-duty and light-duty items such as choppers and blades, as well as scraper-like and drill-like artifacts. Intriguingly, the marks created on the logs by the stone tools of these bonobos are very similar to those left on fossilized bones by the artifacts of early Homo.

http://www.emory.edu/LIVING_....010.pdf

Quite some time ago, a female bonobo was observed exchanging sex for a banana, demonstrating "the world's oldest profession" as yet another solution to the problem of how to get food.

These examples indicate that human intelligence is a natural extension of intelligence documented in our closest relatives among the other primates.

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 14 2015,04:42   

Quote (N.Wells @ Oct. 13 2015,18:55)
Hello again, Edgar,
Comments, please?

Hello, Edgar,

I don't see that you have any basis except circular reasoning and bald assertion for claiming that trees are intellen.  Please demonstrate how I am wrong on that.

I haven't seen anything that you present that meets the definition of empirical evidence.  Possibly I've missed something, but I suspect that the problem is that you don't know the meaning of "empirical data" (I know you cited a definition for empirical data three pages ago, but I don't see how that definition applies to anything that you have said).  Please specify which data you have presented that you think are empirical.

Now, if you apply that to real world in Biology, for example, you can see that bonobo, orangutan, chimps, and the likes don't use "intelligence" but instinct only. When they faced one problem, they have only one solution - thus, it is always symmetrical phenomenon.
Except, that's not true.
[URL=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3153320/Bonobos-glimpse-time-Stone-Age-man-Apes-seen-making-wooden-spears-daggers-stone-shovels-li

Researchers have reported witnessing bonobos modifying branches to create spears and using antlers and rocks as daggers, scrapers, shovels and hammers. ........'The bonobos used modified branches and unmodified antlers or stones to dig under rocks and in the ground or to break bones to retrieve the food.

‘Antlers, short sticks, long sticks, and rocks were effectively used as mattocks, daggers, levers, and shovels, respectively.

‘One bonobo successively struck a long bone with an angular hammer stone, completely bisecting it longitudinally.

‘Another bonobo modified long branches into spears and used them as attack weapons and barriers.

‘The bonobos' foraging techniques resembled some of those attributed to Oldowan hominins, implying that they can serve as referential models.’

Although bonobos in the wild are not known for tool use, in captivity they have shown remarkable capabilities with stone tools. For instance, in the 1990s, researchers taught the male bonobo Kanzi and the female Pan-Banisha how to knap flint -- that is, strike the rocks together to create tools -- and use the resulting stone flakes to cut rope to open a box and to cut leather to open a drum for food.  Now scientists reveal that in the intervening years, by practicing on their own, Kanzi and Pan-Banisha have developed a broader stone tool kit for more complex tasks, making them at least a match with chimpanzees in tool use.  The researchers challenged Kanzi and Pan-Banisha to break wooden logs and to dig underground, tests similar to tasks the apes might have to carry out to get food in the wild. To break the logs -- an act similar at cracking open bones to get at marrow -- the scientists not only saw these apes use rocks as hammers or projectiles to smash their targets, but also observed them either rotating stone flakes to serve as drills or use the flakes as scrapers, axes or wedges to attack slits, the weakest areas of the log. To root into hard soil, these bonobos used both unmodified rocks and a variety of handmade stone tools as shovels.  The stone tools Kanzi and Pan-Banisha created match the main categories of the first known stone tools from the ancestors of humans. Dating back roughly 2.6 million years to Ethiopia, these tools are known as the Oldowan, and include heavy-duty and light-duty items such as choppers and blades, as well as scraper-like and drill-like artifacts. Intriguingly, the marks created on the logs by the stone tools of these bonobos are very similar to those left on fossilized bones by the artifacts of early Homo.

Quite some time ago, a female bonobo was observed exchanging sex for a banana, demonstrating "the world's oldest profession" as yet another solution to the problem of how to get food.

These examples indicate that human intelligence is a natural extension of intelligence documented in our closest relatives among the other primates.

Wow, good article...

I've read the abstract and it was a good research.

But I was not impressed by the conclusion that those animals used intelligence.

What would you do if you see some birds build nests? They did not only use tools but they knew the mixtures of water and clay, will you still call that "intelligence"?

My goodness...

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 14 2015,04:52   

Fuck, this guy's boring.

Ridiculous.

Pathetic.

When I discovered the real intelligence, from that time onward, I felt that I was very blessed since there are probably 50 billions people around the world from 2000 years ago until now, but I was the one who discovered the real intelligence!

It was 1/50,000,000,000! But I did it! Now tell me, I did not glorify nor aggrandize myself..but science had brought me there...little by little...

Probably, I was born to change the course of the world...

There are phrases like these: "eat intelligently" and "eat naturally"...

Thus, you don't have any idea of intelligence an how nature works!

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 14 2015,04:53   

Quote (NoName @ Oct. 13 2015,16:46)
[quote=MrIntelligentDesign,Oct. 13 2015,17:39][quote=dazz,Oct. 13 2015,16:35]
Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 13 2015,23:30)

FUNNY!

LOL!

Funny?
No, I think dazz has you dead to rights.

Your work is laughable on your own grounds.
You've failed.  Your crap has been examined and found to be exactly that -- crap.

So do the honorable thing -- remove your books from Amazon, get off the web, stop telling lies about yourself, and apologize to those you've wronged.

VERY FUNNY!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

MrIntelligentDesign

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 14 2015,04:57   

Quote (dazz @ Oct. 13 2015,16:45)

Yes it is, or are you willing to argue that NOT eating when you're hungry is intelligent?

Where's your experiment for this? You got no eggs left, no place to go, cornered, helplessly embarrassed

RETRACT YOUR WORK

FUNNY!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

ROFL!!!!

dazz

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 14 2015,05:00   

Quote (MrIntelligentDesign @ Oct. 14 2015,11:42)
Quote (N.Wells @ Oct. 13 2015,18:55)
Hello again, Edgar,
Comments, please?

Hello, Edgar,

Except, that's not true.

Wow, good article...

I've read the abstract and it was a good research.

But I was not impressed by the conclusion that those animals used intelligence.

What would you do if you see some birds build nests? They did not only use tools but they knew the mixtures of water and clay, will you still call that "intelligence"?

My goodness...

Of course that's intelligence. Shows they have the ability to learn, use tools and solve problems. Any sane person would see it.

THAT is empirical evidence, and it disproves your shit.

You have failed so bad that it's not even funny anymore. Want another example? You claimed to have found the final definition of intelligence that solves the problem of having so many definitions.

Well, you defined intelligence in terms of asymmetry, then later you said:

I said that "intelligence" is a principle of making X to exist

So you, yourself,  have more than one definition (and they all fail)

VERY FUNNY!!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

That's how you debate? This response is a tacit admittance of defeat.

You have nothing to counter our arguments. You lost

DEAL WITH IT

1252 replies since Sep. 30 2015,06:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (42) < ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]