RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:04   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 29 2014,16:33)
You know what you remind me of Joe?

Christian apologists...

"NO! This what x passage really means. Oh wait, except for that part, which is literal truth, unless you use it against me, then it's metaphor."

LOL

Face Joe, within two dozen sentences Behe, like you contradicted himself.  He explained things pretty well.  There's no real room for interpretation. But that doesn't stop ID apologists from trying to salvage their cute little notion.

Meanwhile, evolution continues to happen.

Joe, have you read my long explanation of why macroevolution really doesn't exist?  It's a misunderstanding that creationists have. You don't get it, because your entire argument (your life over the last few years) demands that you not get it.

Fine, whatever.  A guest post on a blog read by 10-15 people.  Woo Hoo!

Tell you what.  Let's race.  I bet I get my book published before you!

Kevin you remind me of the dogshit I stepped in last summer.

Look just because you are a moron doesn't mean Behe contradicted himself. Even after somethinmg is spelled out for you. you still manage to choke on it. What an asshole you are.

And Kevin evolutionary biologists coined the term macroevolution. So what you have to say is meaningless. You are nothing but a liar, Kevin. You are full of shit.

Yes evolution happens. Unfortunately foe you there is no way to test if unguided evolution did it or not. The current paradigm posits unguided evolution...

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:06   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ Jan. 29 2014,15:52)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 29 2014,19:33)
Quote (NoName @ Jan. 29 2014,12:03)

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 29 2014,12:50)
YOU have to demonstrate the existence of macroevolution, not me.

It has already been proven, in the only way that matters.
Just as the ability to walk from New York to New Jersey proves that one can walk from New York to Los Angeles.
Or New York to Tierra del Fuego.
Insurmountable barriers?
That's your claim, you demonstrate it.

No, it hasn't been proven and your analogy is bullshit.

There isn't one instance of microevolution that can extrapolated into macroevolution.

Anti-biotic resistance? Not a chance

Peppered moths? Not a chance

Beaks of the finch? Not a chance

You've got nothing but to hide behind father time.

So what's the fucking barrier, Joe?

Hey asshole, it is up to YOU to demonstrate the possibility. It is NOT up to me nor anyone else to prove a negative.

There isn't one case of speciation nor microevolution that can be extrapolated into macroevolution.

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:11   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Jan. 29 2014,14:02)
Joe is now claiming that the environment (in the context of organism / environment fit) can't guide reproductive success / evolution.

This could be CSI of CAEK / Choo choo math good.

Richie you liar, I never made that claim.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:12   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 29 2014,11:45)
Kevin McCarthy- asshole:

The theory of intelligent design (ID) holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause rather than an undirected process such as natural selection. ID is thus a scientific disagreement with the core claim of evolutionary theory that the apparent design of living systems is an illusion. http://www.uncommondescent.com/id-defi....defined

(my underline, everything else is original) Wait, I thought ID wasn’t anti-evolution. Natural selection is a part of evolution. Most would say that it’s a major part of any evolutionary theory. Yet, Intelligent Design, as found on Uncommon Descent (a blog “Serving the Intelligent Design Community”), is defined as being the opposite of or opposing natural selection.

Dumbass. The quote says ID opposes natural selection is a very specific sense, Kevin. Please learn how to read. Natural selection can exist without having designer mimic properties.

Not satisfied with that piece of stupidity Kevin presses on:

Intelligent Design: An hypothesis that some natural phenomena are best explained by reference to Intelligent Causes rather than to only Material Causes. As such, Intelligent Design is the scientific disagreement with, and the falsifying hypothesis for, the claims of Chemical and Darwinian Evolution that the apparent design of certain natural phenomena is just an illusion. Intelligent design can also be viewed as the Science of design detection applied to natural phenomena.http://www.intelligentdesignnetwork.org/Statement_of_Objectives_Feb_12_07.pdf

(my underline, everything else original) This is the definition from the Intelligent Design Network, a group that “seeks institutional objectivity in origins science”. Well, that “disagreement with and a falsifying hypothesis for [evolution]” is pretty strong language. In fact, that is number 1 in our definition of ‘anti-‘. If ID is true, then ‘Chemical and Darwinian Evolution’ isn’t true. That’s what falsifying means. If X, then not Y.

Right, DARWINIAN AND CHEMICAL EVOLUTION- meaning very specific claims wrt evolution. IOW Kevbo’s dishonesty is exposed- he switched out “Chemical and Darwinian evolution” with just “evolution”
Then he goes to Dr Behe who makes it clear that ID argues against Darwinian evolution and Kevin takes that to mean ID argues against evolution.
Being against Darwinian and neo-darwinian evolution does not mean being against evolution. Only ignorant and cowardly equivocators thinks so. And here is Kevin…

You are a fucking asshole, Kevin. That you are forced to take what we say out-of-context proves that you are nothing but a coward.

Don't want Kevin to miss this one

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:40   

WAAAA!!!!!!!

Poor joey.  Whatever he can to try and safe himself.

So, Joe, what does the mechanism for design tell us?  Oh yeah, nothing, because there is no mechanism.

WAAAA!!!!!

What's the barrier Joe.  It's the one thing you have left.  What is the barrier to macroevolution?  

YOU said it existed, therefore you must know what it is. What is the barrier?  Is it chemical?  Is it physical?  Is it spiritual?  What is the barrier.

Give an example...

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:54   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 30 2014,14:11)
Quote (Richardthughes @ Jan. 29 2014,14:02)
Joe is now claiming that the environment (in the context of organism / environment fit) can't guide reproductive success / evolution.

This could be CSI of CAEK / Choo choo math good.

Richie you liar, I never made that claim.

FattyTard on UD:

Evolution has several meanings. And seeing that ID only disagrees with one definition it is not OK to cal it anti-evolution. It is OK to call ID anti-blind watchmaker, ie unguided, evolution.

Emphasis mine.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,14:57   

And here's peer reviewed literature showing you to be a fat know-nothing again:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar....=0%2C44

Thanks!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,17:12   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 30 2014,20:04)
Yes evolution happens. Unfortunately foe you there is no way to test if unguided evolution did it or not. The current paradigm posits unguided evolution...

You're no Napoleon, but Laplace, Joe.

There is also no way to test if invisible pixies who leave no trace guide evolution. We can't test whether the ghost of Henry the Eighth mentally encourages water to boil. For all we know, radioactive decay happens when a crocodile god farts. Is the orbit of Mars a function of watermelon ticks getting a headache? Only Allah knows.

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 30 2014,18:43   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 30 2014,20:06)

Just as the ability to walk from New York to New Jersey proves that one can walk from New York to Los Angeles.
Insurmountable barriers?

There isn't one instance of microevolution that can extrapolated into macroevolution.

Hey asshole, it is up to YOU to demonstrate the possibility. It is NOT up to me nor anyone else to prove a negative.

There isn't one case of speciation nor microevolution that can be extrapolated into macroevolution.

No-one's asking you to prove a negative. You think there is a barrier to macroevolution, so what is it? That's a positive.

If x genetic change takes place in time t, what's the barrier that stops nx genetic change taking place in time nt?

One only has to observe that mutation occurs at an approximately steady rate, and one finds oneself having to explain why you CAN'T multiply change up.

So what stops multiples of small-change from becoming bigger-change? Asshole?

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,02:21   

Quote (Driver @ Jan. 30 2014,15:12)
We can't test whether the ghost of Henry the Eighth mentally encourages water to boil.

He's actually an ancestor  of mine (indirect obviously), as was his fifth wife (with whom I share a surname). And some of his other wives too, because, you know, European royalty was like that.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron
Again "how much". I don't think that's a good way to be quantitative.-- gpuccio

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,02:43   

Quote (didymos @ Jan. 31 2014,08:21)
Quote (Driver @ Jan. 30 2014,15:12)
We can't test whether the ghost of Henry the Eighth mentally encourages water to boil.

He's actually an ancestor  of mine (indirect obviously), as was his fifth wife (with whom I share a surname). And some of his other wives too, because, you know, European royalty was like that.

*is* like that.

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,07:29   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 30 2014,14:06)

Insurmountable barriers?

Linky

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,07:42   

I get the little blue square of death.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,08:54   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Jan. 31 2014,07:42)
I get the little blue square of death.

Link added.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,09:09   

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ Jan. 31 2014,15:29)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 30 2014,14:06)

Insurmountable barriers?

Linky

Which one is Joe?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 31 2014,15:16   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 31 2014,09:09)

Linky
Which one is Joe?

He's the phallic looking one in the middle.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2014,18:42   

Nullasalus takes Fattytard to task for spamming his thread.

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 01 2014,18:56   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 01 2014,18:42)
Nullasalus takes Fattytard to task for spamming his thread.

Actually, Joe is pointing out that the adults are in the other room.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,11:39   

Strange, I went to college to disprove my parents’ PoV wrt our place in history, ie we are special and did not evolve from non-humans. And all I found was a glossy narrative based on imagination as opposed to any known materialistic mechanism.

Now I don’t understand why any human would want to be related to chimps.

JOE GALLIEN WENT TO COLLEGE!!!!!!!1111111one

They didn't teach 'argument to consequences' apparently.

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,12:24   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 02 2014,11:39)
Strange, I went to college to disprove my parents’ PoV wrt our place in history, ie we are special and did not evolve from non-humans. And all I found was a glossy narrative based on imagination as opposed to any known materialistic mechanism.

Now I don’t understand why any human would want to be related to chimps.

JOE GALLIEN WENT TO COLLEGE!!!!!!!1111111one

They didn't teach 'argument to consequences' apparently.

Went to doesn't necessarily mean did well at or even graduated from.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,12:27   

JoeTard:  Now I don’t understand why any human would want to be related to chimps.

That makes sense.  In the land of the IDiot reality is not determined by the scientific data but by what you want to be true.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,12:32   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Feb. 02 2014,12:27)
JoeTard:  Now I don’t understand why any human would want to be related to chimps.

That makes sense.  In the land of the IDiot reality is not determined by the scientific data but by what you want to be true.

Whereas, if you face facts, you have to admit to being related to Joe G.

Not a pretty thought.

Glen Davidson

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,13:34   

Joe February 2, 2014 at 1:20 pm

The reason I left Christianity isn’t because of the donosaurs. It is because I found out that the Trinity was contrived, not derived.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/darwini....-489204

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,13:50   

Mapou February 2, 2014 at 11:20 am

scordova:

Hardline YEC I think can be damaging to faith if it is taught as all or nothing. It is bad if there is an unwillingness to say, “a literal reading of the Bible suggests YEC, but the data in hand don’t make a convincing case, yet”.

As a Christian, I am just as angry and disgusted with young-earth creationists as I am with Darwinists. The whole thing strikes me as an evil (or shall I say, Satanic?) ploy to drive smart people away from Christianity.

The doctrine that the entire Bible is the inerrant word of God, that it should be read and understood literally and that humans walked with dinosaurs is evil and idolatrous, IMO. I don’t care if this comes out as offensive to some because the whole thing pisses me off to no end. That is the way I see it and no, I am not sorry for saying it. I always try to tell it like I see it.

drc466 February 2, 2014 at 12:25 pm
@7 Mapou,
I can’t speak for all YEC’ers, of course, but personally my belief in God as Creator serves as the foundation for my belief. If God didn’t Create Adam as first man, and Adam’s sin didn’t bring death into the world, and Jesus didn’t have to die because of that sin, Christian doctrine starts to get a little fuzzy for me. So I’m going to have to respectfully agree to disagree – young earth creation is a very important part of Christianity, and should be defended vigorously.
That is the way I see it and no, I am not sorry for saying it. I always try to tell it like I see it.

Mapou February 2, 2014 at 1:03 pm
drc466 @11,

Look man. I am not in a good mood, right now. Don’t even address me, alright? I got no respect for you and your kind. I am not afraid of you nor am I deterred by either you or the Darwinists and the atheists. You are all one of a kind, IMO, purveyors of lies and deception. The devil is your God and you can all kiss my asteroid. How about that?

ETA: Damn, wrong thread.

Edited by midwifetoad on Feb. 02 2014,13:51

--------------

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,17:21   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Feb. 02 2014,19:50)

drc466 @11,

Look man. I am not in a good mood, right now. Don’t even address me, alright? I got no respect for you and your kind. I am not afraid of you nor am I deterred by either you or the Darwinists and the atheists. You are all one of a kind, IMO, purveyors of lies and deception. The devil is your God and you can all kiss my asteroid. How about that?

Yeah, just leave him the fuck alone...m'kay?

While everyone else is purveying lies and deception Mapou has got his plate full....

Take that Darwinists!  :angry:

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,18:49   

Quote (Woodbine @ Feb. 02 2014,17:21)
Quote (midwifetoad @ Feb. 02 2014,19:50)

drc466 @11,

Yeah, just leave him the fuck alone...m'kay?

While everyone else is purveying lies and deception Mapou has got his plate full....

Take that Darwinists!  :angry:

Don't know what an abstract is either.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

REC

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,20:38   

Has anyone asked JoeG the cause of his absence? What causes someone who so desperately craves attention to go off the radar for months?

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2014,21:21   

Quote (REC @ Feb. 02 2014,20:38)
Has anyone asked JoeG the cause of his absence? What causes someone who so desperately craves attention to go off the radar for months?

JoeTard is certainly making up for the lost time by spewing obscenities and lying his fat ass off over at UD.  He posted a particularly vile attack on Dr. Liddle (Febble) and when called on it lied about his banning at her site.

I was banned from TSZ for getting into it with the evos who refused to comment in good faith. Ooops, that was all of them but in this case it was the evos who were just attacking me and obviously had nothing to say.

Posting porn pictures is commenting in good faith according to JoeTard.   :D

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2014,00:23   

In case Telic Thoughts dies (even more):

http://telicthoughts.com/57....57

I have watched this with some fascination. It is amazing how short Joe's memory is. When he first started posting at NAiG (before Stratus told him to hit the road) he actually made threats from his work computer. That's how one of the posters there learned his identity – the IP traced to Joe Gallien at Stratus Computers. It is too funny to see Joe try to rewrite history. I don't blame him, as shameful as his conduct has been.

As far as "nothing happening to him", well take that with a grain of salt. He no longer works for that employer, and it was not by his choice. After he was let go, he came back to NAiG making a lot of noise about getting even. That's a fact.

TP

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2014,06:42   

Kevin McCarthy, scientifically illiterate:

•  Describes the so-called barrier in evolution that prevents so-called macroevolution from occurring. Evidence supporting this claim must be included. ”I say it exists” is not evidence. In your discussion, you will need to show an understanding of how actual evolution works (not the typical ID strawman), how new taxonomic groups are formed (hint, I’ve described this in detail), and an explanation of how new taxonomic orders arise if not by evolution (the designer did it is not an explanation unless you provide evidence for the designer as well).

No, dumbass. It is up to YOU to demonstrate the validity of macroevolution. It isn’t up to us to prove a negative and only someone ignorant of science would ask us to. And here is Kevin.

That said, just look at Lenski’s experiment- 50,000+ generations and not even a new protein, let alone a new multi-protein complex. Also Kevin is full of shit as neither he nor anyone else has described macroevolution in any detail. Doing so would be to discuss the genes involved along with how those genes and networks came to be. You have nothing but branching of species. Unfortunately there isn’t anything in the observed cases of speciation that we can extrapolate into macroevolution.

My bet is Kevin doesn’t understand what macroevolution entails.

•  Who is the designer and the evidence for the DESIGNER to exist (not any supposed works of said designer). It’s very silly to say that the tooth fairy is the cause of teeth disappearing when there’s no evidence that the tooth fair exists. Inferences about a designer are not sufficient when there is an alternate explanation for the diversity of life.

Double-dumbass. We don’t even know who designed Stonehenge. Ya see, moron, REALITY dictates that in the absence of direct observation of designer input, the ONLY possible way to make any scientific determination about the designer(s) or specific process(es) used, is by studying the design and all relevant evidence.

The evidence that people built Stonehenge is, wait for it, Stonehenge and the other evidence left behind.

If we knew who the designer was we wouldn’t need science to help us make a design inference- design would be a given. It’s as if Kevin is proud of his ignorance of science.

Forensic science examines the scene for evidence the criminal may have left behind. Archaeologists don't look for existing civilizations. They look for ancient civilizations and they find them by locating the supposed works of the people. SETI looks for the supposed works of ET.

Kevin is obviously retarded.

•  The computation of complexity, specified complexity, complex specified information, or any other ID notion about complexity, information, or specificity. This computation can be for a gene, a protein, a structure, or an organism. The same computation for a non-designed system (you choose, but examples would be a rock of the same mass as an organism, a string of random numbers the same length as the gene or protein (include a string of data that has been encrypted using an approved method (256 bit AES for example)). In this description all variables should be explicitly defined and explained. The results should also be explained (i.e. why does this value indicate design while that value indicates non-design.)

I already provided you with that and you obviously choked on it.

•  The existence of front-loading in any open-source genetic algorithm. I have often heard that programmers ‘design’ the results of genetic algorithms by inserting the ‘correct’ values in the program somehow. Since there are numerous examples of open-source genetic algorithms, it should be trivial to determine where, exactly, the information is front-loaded. An alternate version of this would be a detailed explanation of how a ‘search’ in a genetic algorithm is different from a ‘search’ by a population in the real world. This should be mathematically rigorous not “because living things are different than programs”.

Just shut up- you are obviously proud to be an asshole. Genetic algorithms are goal-oriented. They are designed for specific purposes. For a GA to design an antenna, for example, all of the information for that antenna has to be programmed in and the offspring are compared to that. They employ a targeted search and cumulative selection to achieve a pre-specified result, ie the specification of the antenna required.

Dawkins’ “weasel” is unable to design an antenna because it isn’t designed to. Only GAs specifically designed to design an antenna can do so. Got that, dipshit?

•  Which is the designer responsible for and why? A) The creation of the entire universe and everything in it. B) The creation of only living things on Earth. C) The creation of only ‘complex’ (include a definition and how you determine complexity) structures in organisms. D) The front-loading of living things with genes that will help their descendants survive (examples required). E) something not yet mentioned by ID advocates.

Again, THAT is what science is for, Kevin.

•  A page number of any description of any of this or experiments that support these statements in Meyer’s Darwin’s Doubt. I have asked this multiple times from multiple people who feel that my treatment of Darwin’s Doubt is incomplete. Yet not a single one of them have responded

Kevin, you butchered that book. You should be ashamed but yet you are not. Strange.

--------------

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]