RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,06:56   

What could go wrong?

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,09:16   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 10 2014,04:04)
It looks as if Overwhelming Evidence has gone extinct. The front page had been hanging on for years but, if my internets are reliable, it's finally disappeared.

So it's a perfect excuse to post this.....

:(

Oh, William.

Dembski still has the domain name registration.

Registrant Name: William Dembski
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 1002 Main Street
Registrant City: Pella
Registrant State/Province: Iowa
Registrant Postal Code: 50219
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: *********
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: email@designinference.com

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,12:53   

The giant sleeps with the parrot.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,13:51   

The difference is that Dembski didn't get a squillion dollars for selling overwhelmingevidence.com

Plus, Dembski isn't everyone's friend.

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,14:28   

Human shitstain Sal Cordova has his new IDCreationist blog, Creation Evolution University up and going.  Looks like it's going to be just like his other failed IDC apologetics blog from a few years ago, Young Cosmos.

I'm rather disappointed he didn't keep the name he originally chose for this new goat rope, "Liars For Darwin".  :D

In a move with a huge amount of unintended irony Sal chose for his board background the same picture used by another science-denying crank, AGW denialist Anthony Watts and WattsUpWithThat.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,15:13   

Quote (Driver @ Mar. 10 2014,19:51)
The difference is that Dembski didn't get a squillion dollars for selling overwhelmingevidence.com

Plus, Dembski isn't everyone's friend.

Also, Byers arrives fashionably retarded at Young Cosmos 2....

Edited by stevestory on Mar. 10 2014,18:51

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,15:27   

PZ Myers comments on the current UD hero worshiping of James Tour.
Good stuff.

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,15:28   

Could Robert Byers aspire to be the Gary Gaulin of creationism? Is he that great?

--------------

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,15:42   

James Tour....

I will tell you as a scientist and a synthetic chemist: if anybody should be able to understand evolution, it is me, because I make molecules for a living, and I don’t just buy a kit, and mix this and mix this, and get that. I mean, ab initio, I make molecules.

Fucking hell, he's channeling Gil Dodgen.

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,18:33   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Mar. 10 2014,15:28)
Could Robert Byers aspire to be the Gary Gaulin of creationism? Is he that great?

He's more coherent than Gary. On the other hand, he's a sexist, racist, POS.  So, maybe.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,18:41   

I will tell you as a scientist and a synthetic chemist: if anybody should be able to understand evolution, it is me, because I make molecules for a living, and I don’t just buy a kit, and mix this and mix this, and get that. I mean, ab initio, I make molecules.

Oh, absolutely, because you make molecules ab initio you must completely understand a process that never does this, or at least almost never has for the last couple billion years or so.

It's the typical creationist engineer's boast, hey, I know how to design things so I must understand evolution perfectly well.  Meaning in fact that they know nothing about evolution and merely assume that what they do must have been what the Great Engineer did.  And why bother learning evolution when you already know how it "must have happened"?

Glen Davidson

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,19:52   

Quote (Glen Davidson @ Mar. 11 2014,00:41)

Oh, absolutely, because you make molecules ab initio you must completely understand a process that never does this, or at least almost never has for the last couple billion years or so.

It's the typical creationist engineer's boast, hey, I know how to design things so I must understand evolution perfectly well.  Meaning in fact that they know nothing about evolution and merely assume that what they do must have been what the Great Engineer did.  And why bother learning evolution when you already know how it "must have happened"?

Glen Davidson

Hey, I write software for a living and if anyone should understand evolution it's me 'cos it's all software. Apart from the bit that's like a little machine. Or the bit that's chemistry which must have been intelligently designed 'cos chemists can't intelligently design it. Or the bit that's like 500 coins all heads-up. Anyway, it's got fuck all to do with biology.

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,21:47   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 10 2014,15:42)
James Tour....

Fucking hell, he's channeling Gil Dodgen.

So, he creates nuclear fusion in his lab out of particles from controlled quantum fluctuations "from the beginning" as it were.

Wow. That's almost good enough to BE the designer. Yet he probably refuses to talk about THE designer... modesty and all.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,22:35   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Mar. 10 2014,21:28)

Robert Byers is miles funnier than Gary.

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,22:46   

Animals didn’t “arise” from oxygenation, they created it, researchers say

Uh-huh, what does this say?

A more oxygen-rich ocean created ideal conditions for more mobile animals to evolve, because they have a higher requirement for oxygen. These included the first predatory animals with guts that started to eat one another, marking the beginning of a modern marine biosphere, with the type of food webs we are familiar with today.

Of course the dolt is either equivocating on purpose or because she's such an ignorant bozo.  Sure, if you want to talk about sponges as the animals that oxygenated the oceans, yes, that's what the researchers claim (seems a paltry cause to me, but that's what they said, anyway).  The animals that actually arose at the beginning of the Cambrian, however, still arose because of the oxygenation caused by the sponges that existed long before they did.

So yeah, they're saying that oxygenation caused* the "Cambrian Explosion," and she's blithering as usual.

Glen Davidson

ETA *Or, "was causal for"

--------------

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,22:48   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Mar. 10 2014,14:28)

I dunno about that. Would Byers be able to collect large numbers of details (each of which is more or less accurate if taken on its own), the way Gaulin does?

Henry

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2014,22:52   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 08 2014,18:44)
Quote (olegt @ Mar. 08 2014,08:53)
Kairosfocus has a unique ability to complexify simple things. Here is [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/a-world-famous-chemist-tells-the-truth-theres-no-scientist-alive-today-who-understands-mac

roevolution/#comment-492278]a little GEM[/URL]:

F/N: The best way to understand a coin is as a physical approximation to a two-sided die. KF

Actually, he's wrong about that too.

A coin is a THREE sided system with an uneven distribution when flipped. But most people don't get it.

Or, maybe people would feel edgy about a thing like that? :p

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,03:27   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 10 2014,22:48)

I dunno about that. Would Byers be able to collect large numbers of details (each of which is more or less accurate if taken on its own), the way Gaulin does?

Henry

RB is funny in a weird sort of way, but he knows nothing, understands nothing - in short, he's immersed in ignorance to up over his head.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,03:38   

Quote (Quack @ Mar. 11 2014,03:27)

Henry

RB is funny in a weird sort of way, but he knows nothing, understands nothing - in short, he's immersed in ignorance to up over his head.

RB being Byers, not our beloved Reciprocating Bill.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Freddie

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,09:54   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 10 2014,14:28)
Human shitstain Sal Cordova has his new IDCreationist blog, Creation Evolution University up and going.  Looks like it's going to be just like his other failed IDC apologetics blog from a few years ago, Young Cosmos.

I'm rather disappointed he didn't keep the name he originally chose for this new goat rope, "Liars For Darwin".  :D

In a move with a huge amount of unintended irony Sal chose for his board background the same picture used by another science-denying crank, AGW denialist Anthony Watts and WattsUpWithThat.

Snigger ...

--------------
Joe: Most criticisims of ID stem from ignorance and jealousy.
Joe: As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.
Byers: The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.

REC

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,10:29   

I think Sal is following O'Leary's tactics, and launching multiple YEC blogs this month:

Liars For Darwin

is running.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,16:54   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 11 2014,04:38)

Quote (Quack @ Mar. 11 2014,03:27)

Henry

RB being Byers, not our beloved Reciprocating Bill.

Anyone confuses me with Robert Byers, I shoot mys... him (RB). No, wait...

Edited by Reciprocating Bill on Mar. 11 2014,17:56

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,18:51   

This is all no great surprise. Why on earth should we expect that a theory drawn up 80 or so years ago will remain inviolable today? As I am sure Darwin expected, evolution is complex and doesn’t have a single operative principle, although obviously natural selection is a big part of it. (I need to be careful what I say here – one ticking off I got was from a biologist who was unhappy that I had over-stressed natural selection at the molecular level, which I freely confess was a slight failure of nerve – I have found that saying such things can induce apoplexy in folks who see the shadows of creationism everywhere.) My complaint is why this seemingly obvious truth gets so little airplay in popular accounts of genetics and evolution. I’m still puzzled by that.

Ball apparently doesn’t realize that Darwinism is the creation story of new atheism, and must therefore be held inviolate.

Yes, that's why such sentiments appear in prominent science journals, blogs, and in the responses we make the grotesque ignorance of UD posts.

No, wait, it's the IDiots who have to invent an inviolate "Darwinism" for "atheism," and are too stupid even to notice the difference between "Darwinism" and "Neodarwinism."

Better than dealing with what science actually says, the evidence, or anything like the truth, of course.

Glen Davidson

--------------

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 11 2014,23:46   

Quote (REC @ Mar. 11 2014,10:29)
I think Sal is following O'Leary's tactics, and launching multiple YEC blogs this month:

Liars For Darwin

is running.

If he wants to make a living out of his creationist idiocy Sal should go for a theology degree and then open his own little church rather than running this obscure online "university" which is so obviously pseudoscienctific and especially so anti-academic that it will not attract even the dumbest IDiots. Like Dembski he may not be a good enough speaker, though.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2014,01:38   

Quote (sparc @ Mar. 12 2014,07:46)

Liars For Darwin

is running.

If he wants to make a living out of his creationist idiocy Sal should go for a theology degree and then open his own little church rather than running this obscure online "university" which is so obviously pseudoscienctific and especially so anti-academic that it will not attract even the dumbest IDiots. Like Dembski he may not be a good enough speaker, though.

Demski not a good enough speaker? Doesn't he have a Sunday school class weekend child minding gig?

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2014,08:34   

Quote (sparc @ Mar. 11 2014,23:46)

Liars For Darwin

is running.

It worked for L. Ron Hubbard.  

And he didn't even get the theology degree.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2014,09:23   

UD conducts a debate against an invisible opponent.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....allenge

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2014,09:25   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Mar. 12 2014,16:34)

Liars For Darwin

is running.

Hubbard? Of course he only used the tools of theology sycophancy and greed the rest were sheep & collateral damage.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2014,10:25   

Quote (k.e.. @ Mar. 12 2014,07:25)

Quote (CeilingCat @ Mar. 12 2014,16:34)

Liars For Darwin

is running.

Hubbard? Of course he only used the tools of theology sycophancy and greed the rest were sheep & collateral damage.

Whereas ID, on the other hand... um...

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

BillB

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 12 2014,12:22   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Mar. 12 2014,15:23)
UD conducts a debate against an invisible opponent.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....allenge

What, again? I guess some things never grow old.

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]