RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >   
  Topic: Biologic Institute< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,12:50   

yeah, he's Gloppy alright:

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,12:53   

This just keeps on giving, doesn't it.  Ladies and germs, I give you: The Journal of Evolutionary Informatics!

Under "Information for authors":

Sorry. We are not yet accepting manuscripts.

And also:  
The material on this Web site does not necessarily represent the views of the employers of JOEI's volunteers - but it should.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,12:55   

Well, we've identified 2 designers:

Demski as voice from the flash animation
Marks as Galapagos finch

No wonder the IDers keep asking if we've "found Jesus yet?"

I thought there's no way no siree you could find designers and so you shouldn't look, no not at all?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:00   

Quote (Hermagoras @ April 25 2008,12:53)
This just keeps on giving, doesn't it.  Ladies and germs, I give you: The Journal of Evolutionary Informatics!

Under "Information for authors":

Sorry. We are not yet accepting manuscripts.

And also:    
The material on this Web site does not necessarily represent the views of the employers of JOEI's volunteers - but it should.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon

JOEI made me chuckle when I saw that.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:08   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ April 25 2008,13:50)
yeah, he's Gloppy alright:

I are not amused, Chatterbox

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:11   

It's kind of like we did Dembski's Friday Meltdown for him today!

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:20   

The 'Facilities', Max Fish, Lower East Side, New York

--------------

melatonin

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:25   

Hi, I'm Robert Marks, a 57 year old engineer. You should stay clear of me, I'm scary. I like to eat sticks. I don't have any black belts - but do have lots of guns. When I went to the NRA convention in Seattle, my favorite umber sticker was "Beware of dog. He eats everything I shoot." I laughed my head off.  I like to shoot things for fun.

ABe: doh!

Leftfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,15:15   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ April 25 2008,10:56)
It wasn't hard to find this, either.

Or this.

I know it's rather adolescent, but I was amused how the 3 names listed there were "Dingding Chen", "William A. Dembski", and "Orlando DeJesus".

I like the fact that "Christian" is misspelled in the URL in the first link. Jeebus, as Homer says.

And I think I'll name my next child DingDing. Works for a boy or a girl!

--------------
Speaking for myself, I have long been confused . . .-Denyse O'Leary

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,16:18   

And I think I'll name my next child DingDing. Works for a boy or a girl!

We have a wiener!

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,20:42   

It was fun while it lasted.  Now it looks like Gloppy has 404ed teh links.  :(

Well, at least we still have the Institute for Evolutionary Informatics!

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

UnMark

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,22:44   

Note to self: mirror first, THEN discuss....

Sorry, did my inner dialog escape again?

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,02:10   

Quote (olegt @ April 25 2008,20:42)

Bad link. Better one higher up in thread.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Jake

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,02:41   

Quote (Lou FCD @ April 25 2008,13:20)

The 'Facilities', Max Fish, Lower East Side, New York

Isnt that the toilet from CBGBs? (Before it was shut...)

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,07:26   

Quote (Quack @ April 26 2008,02:10)

Bad link. Better one higher up in thread.

No, the link was fine.  The page has been removed.  

Gloppy, I hope you don't kill your fine journal!

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

don_quixote

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,07:50   

Quote (melatonin @ April 25 2008,13:25)

Hi, I'm Robert Marks, a 57 year old engineer. You should stay clear of me, I'm scary. I like to eat sticks. I don't have any black belts - but do have lots of guns. When I went to the NRA convention in Seattle, my favorite umber sticker was "Beware of dog. He eats everything I shoot." I laughed my head off.  I like to shoot things for fun.

Is this the look he was aiming for...

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,08:39   

Quote (don_quixote @ April 26 2008,15:50)
Quote (melatonin @ April 25 2008,13:25)

Is this the look he was aiming for...

Probably ...I'll bet he has bigger tits.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,18:05   

I've mirrored most of the site, though I've deleted the huge set of family images.  A shitload of disk space (>5 gig!)

I'm keeping the good Tard though.

Hermagoras + BobMarks 4EVAH!  

Hey, here's a thought.  If I've got the mirrored version of the Galapagos Finch page, does that mean I have . . .

wait for it  . . .

Gloppy seconds??! !?  

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: April 28 2008,07:52   

Quote (Hermagoras @ April 26 2008,18:05)

I've mirrored most of the site, though I've deleted the huge set of family images.  A shitload of disk space (>5 gig!)

I'm keeping the good Tard though.

Hermagoras + BobMarks 4EVAH!  

Hey, here's a thought.  If I've got the mirrored version of the Galapagos Finch page, does that mean I have . . .

wait for it  . . .

Gloppy seconds??! !?  

EWWWW!

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2008,07:56   

The last piece of the imaginary empire, JoEI (the Journal of Evolutionary Informatics), is gone, too.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2008,08:20   

Quote (olegt @ May 06 2008,07:56)
The last piece of the imaginary empire, JoEI (the Journal of Evolutionary Informatics), is gone, too.

Let us remember it how it was then

What a load of tard. We invite the submission of manuscripts but are currently not accepting any.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: May 06 2008,09:33   

Quote (olegt @ May 06 2008,07:56)

Do we send a card?  Chip in for flowers?  (And do we send them to Dembski or Marks?) Will there be an open casket showing?  

So many questions, so little time.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 29 2008,00:45   

G.Gonzalez really claims that people who watch an eclipse should be thankful to the designer.
No one on the ground would have seen the eclipse if the clouds had prevailed along the entire eclipse path.

Indeed, the prevalence of cloud-free weather on planet Earth enables us to view not only eclipses but also stars, galaxies, and other planets. Although we tend to take this for granted, it certainly isn’t the case everywhere. In fact, we have several examples in our Solar System of worlds with nearly opaque atmospheres—Venus, the giant planets, and Titan—where the kinds of celestial observation we enjoy on Earth would be impossible.
link
I wonder why he's wondering why he didn't receive tenure.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 29 2008,07:49   

Quote (sparc @ Dec. 29 2008,01:45)
G.Gonzalez really claims that people who watch an eclipse should be thankful to the designer.  
No one on the ground would have seen the eclipse if the clouds had prevailed along the entire eclipse path.

Indeed, the prevalence of cloud-free weather on planet Earth enables us to view not only eclipses but also stars, galaxies, and other planets. Although we tend to take this for granted, it certainly isn’t the case everywhere. In fact, we have several examples in our Solar System of worlds with nearly opaque atmospheres—Venus, the giant planets, and Titan—where the kinds of celestial observation we enjoy on Earth would be impossible.
link

I'm wondering what God has against the Venutians and Titanians, and why they're always socked in with the cloud cover. Maybe their Adams ate two apples?

And if the cloud free skies here are so that we can see the eclipses and stars and stuff, how come he didn't just place them a little closer so we could see them better? Seriously. Dude. Does he not know how frakking hard it is to see extrasolar planets when they're so far away???

Also, how come he doesn't have the church people chip in a couple bucks toward the great telescopes of the world, if it's so damned important to him?

And how come he made his church people be so mean to Galileo, if all that stuff up there is for us to see and understand so that we can marvel in the beauty that he created? Wouldn't that mean that those church people were actually working for Satan? Were they not True Christians™? Are they burning in Hell right now?

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 29 2008,08:04   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Dec. 29 2008,07:49)
Quote (sparc @ Dec. 29 2008,01:45)

link

I'm wondering what God has against the Venutians and Titanians, and why they're always socked in with the cloud cover. Maybe their Adams ate two apples?

And if the cloud free skies here are so that we can see the eclipses and stars and stuff, how come he didn't just place them a little closer so we could see them better? Seriously. Dude. Does he not know how frakking hard it is to see extrasolar planets when they're so far away???

Also, how come he doesn't have the church people chip in a couple bucks toward the great telescopes of the world, if it's so damned important to him?

And how come he made his church people be so mean to Galileo, if all that stuff up there is for us to see and understand so that we can marvel in the beauty that he created? Wouldn't that mean that those church people were actually working for Satan? Were they not True Christians™? Are they burning in Hell right now?

Great points!

He could also shed some of his privileged knowledge on "Which" Designer is right...  Allah The Designer?  Vishnu The Designer or Teh Christian Designer or one of the thousand other Designers?  Or is The Designer just having way too much fun now, giving various knuckleheads the privilege of blowing themselves up for Teh Deisgner?

We are Sooooo Privileged!

--------------

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2009,15:19   

It's back!  The Biologic Institute has another blog post.  It starts BIG:

It’s a big year for all things Darwin.  This month, two centuries after his birth, we commemorate the man and his accomplishments.  And in November, a century and a half after On the Origin of Species was published, we commemorate the beginnings of the theory by which we all know him.

But how exactly should we think of his theory?  Is it to be remembered the way we remember the man—as an important part of the past?  Or is it to be remembered as something more than that—as an intellectual seed that grew into something that thrives to this day?

and then focusses in:

Many, of course, would like to think of Darwin’s theory in these flourishing terms.  But the growth of something else makes this view increasingly hard to hold.  We refer here to the seldom discussed but steadily expanding body of peer-reviewed scientific work that refuses to square with Darwinism.

The "what peer reviewed literature?" question is becoming stale, so let's no bother.  Next they get to the point:
Take a look at the recent Genetics paper by Rick Durrett and Deena Schmidt. [1]  They’ve done the math to calculate how long it would take for Darwin’s mechanism to accomplish a particular kind of functional conversion.  And their eagerness to “expose flaws in some of Michael Behe’s arguments” [1] shows that they think they’ve resuscitated Darwinism after Behe pronounced it dead. [2]

So they're showing that something Behe said is wrong.
Have they?

Maybe the answer depends on how vigorous a theory you were hoping for.  Part of what ails Darwinism, in other words, may be that people have such high expectations of it.

If you think Darwinism explains how life acquired the great variety of forms we see around us (the grand vision that Darwin himself had) you’ll probably be disappointed with Durrett and Schmidt’s findings.  

Well, they were just responding to a point of Behe's.
Darwin’s vision is chock-full of conversions of the most profound kind—all complex life forms originating from one or a few simple forms.  Whereas the conversions that Durrett and Schmidt examine are nothing like that.

Theirs are conversions not from one body plan to another, or from one organ or tissue or cell type to another, or even from one protein molecule or gene to another, but rather from one binding site to another. These binding sites are DNA sequences about one hundredth the size of a gene that affect how a nearby gene is switched on and off.  Conversion is accomplished by two point mutations occurring in succession:

OK, so Behe writes a paper about the BIG, BOLD problem in the BIG, BOLD theory of evolution.  Durrett and Schmidt write a response.  And they're the ones not thinking big?  I guess we can take it as a sign of how badly off ID is if they can only deal with small changes, within a gene.  I mean that's just micro-evolution, which almost everyone accepts, right?

Well done, chaps.  You've just argued that Behe is irrelevant.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Kristine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2009,16:45   

Yeah, and what up with the "bold generation of biologists" all of a sudden? I thought they wanted to strike biology from the academy as a science? Because they're just a bunch of "stamp collectors"?

Looks like they changed their minds again. Oh, well. At least they've helped get the phrase "peer-reviewed papers" into the general vernacular. Of course, they treat scholarly papers like fetishes, but still. :)

P.S. The cheesy-poof banner motif has mildewed.

--------------
Which came first: the shimmy, or the hip?

AtBC Poet Laureate

"I happen to think that this prerequisite criterion of empirical evidence is itself not empirical." - Clive

"Damn you. This means a trip to the library. Again." -- fnxtr

slpage

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 10 2009,11:11   

So....

Is Axe hoping that the sycophantery will not question his implicit claim that all evolutionary changes require two sequential mutations in a receptor gene?

117 replies since Feb. 04 2008,15:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]