RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (622) < ... 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 548 549 ... >   
  Topic: A Separate Thread for Gary Gaulin, As big as the poop that does not look< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 21 2016,23:05   

Quote (fnxtr @ April 21 2016,22:47)
Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 21 2016,20:28)
Salvador Cordova ...

Oh, dear.

Getting banned at UD seems to have turned him into a whole new person. We are now more or less on the same side now. How times have changed...

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 21 2016,23:23   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 22 2016,07:05)
Quote (fnxtr @ April 21 2016,22:47)
Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 21 2016,20:28)
Salvador Cordova ...

Oh, dear.

Getting banned at UD seems to have turned him into a whole new person. We are now more or less on the same side now. How times have changed...

Sal's on Encyclopedia of American Loons and Gary Gaulin is not

#81: Salvador “Sal” Cordova

Here is another slimy, dishonest creationist and liar for Jesus. Cordova's style is well exemplified here.

He is neither the most influential nor the stupidest of the creationists, but he is probably the most vile and dishonest. He has absolutely no scruples concerning quote-mining, twisted misrepresentations and blatant, bald-faced lying to make a rhetorical point which might, at first, seem convincing to the ignorant. Another example is this one.

Cordova teaches at the George Mason University and is a firm Bill Dembski acolyte and disciple (writes on Dembski’s blog, which I will not link). Apparently he really thinks that he has come up with challenges to evolution that scientists cannot manage/don’t dare to try to answer.

Of course, Cordova does not even begin to have the background to do biology, but what’s more, he doesn’t even have the slightest idea about what constitutes scientific inquiry or how to distinguished good arguments from fallacies. Here are some further examples.

And here, Cordova's associate Tim McGrew comes clean as a dishonest idiot as well.

Cordova really doesn’t have a clue about anything even remotely related to science.

Diagnosis: Lunatic jerk. Liar for Jesus, crackpot and moron. Impact is probably negligible.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,07:54   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 21 2016,22:53)
Quote (N.Wells @ April 21 2016,22:18)
Once more, I gave you my criteria: their stuff has some value, in sharp contrast with yours, because unlike you they take pains in "bringing together multiple sources of data of varying detail into a single virtual model and testing this against reality."

I would love to see them "testing this against reality" by putting it in a moving invisible shock-zone arena, like I have to.

It would be somewhat comical to watch it get zapped real good, every time the shock zone circles around again.

Gary, your model wouldn't know reality even if the two happened to coincide.  A stopped clock corresponds to reality more often than you do.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,08:00   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 21 2016,23:53)
Once more, I gave you my criteria: their stuff has some value, in sharp contrast with yours, because unlike you they take pains in "bringing together multiple sources of data of varying detail into a single virtual model and testing this against reality."

I would love to see them "testing this against reality" by putting it in a moving invisible shock-zone arena, like I have to.

It would be somewhat comical to watch it get zapped real good, every time the shock zone circles around again.

Probably as good a time as any to raise the next set of massive flaws in your 'model'.

When tested against reality, your 'model' fails in that 'sensory addressed ram', in the specific meaning of the terms, is simply a fantasy.
You will eventually wind up having to fall back to "there have to be sensations and they have to be stored in memory", just as your "something to control" wound up meaning "there has to be a physical substrate enabling intelligence".

Biological memory is just barely, distantly, analogous to RAM.  The analogy fails upon even minimal examination.
Biological memory is not directly accessed by sensation.
Sensory processing as witnessed and tested by experiment calls the entire notion of discrete and primary 'sensation' into question.  Indeed, it seems to refute it.  You appear to be relying on the 'constancy hypothesis', which is riddled with difficulties and generally taken to be incorrect.  It is non-falsifiable at best.
'Sensations' are inferred entities, crafted out of whole cloth to maintain a specific set of reductive materialist philosophical positions which have been of little to no help in intelligence research and are best discarded as primary entities.

Your 'model' is so over-simplistic that it becomes a lie.
Sensations neither directly address specific memory locations nor are they directly stored as representations of the alleged sensation that allegedly accessed the alleged 'location' of the "memory cell".  We know this from countless experiments, going back at least a hundred years.

It is literally impossible for your 'model' to teach anyone anything about intelligence [other than the fact that you lack it] due to its phantasmagorical nature.  Your 'model' is of no more use in determining what intelligence is or how it works than a model of the Star Wars 'Death Star' is of use in determining the existence, means, or methods of  interstellar conflict.  

It doesn't matter that your little software 'bug' can occasionally display 'behavior' the mimics the behavior of what might over-generously be called 'intelligence'.
That's neither a sign that your model is correct nor a sign that your model is truth-grounded in reality.

Your 'model' is demonstrably flawed and lacks any connection to the real world.  As a result, its results teach us nothing about the real world.

So your pretentious claim  
I provide far more new knowledge in regards to how the brain works than the entire HBP project did.
is unsupported by any evidence whatsoever.
There is no 'brain' analog in your 'model', not one that maps to actual biological brains.  There is no intelligence involved in your software toy.
Your 'theory' cheats by incorporating intelligence into the explanation of intelligence, rendering the 'theory' circular and thus useless.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,15:13   

Quote (N.Wells @ April 22 2016,07:54)

Gary, your model wouldn't know reality even if the two happened to coincide.  A stopped clock corresponds to reality more often than you do.

So says the nutcase who (in the previous page) has been praising a billion+ euro academic failure.

With another billion they might discover something that the model I created already demonstrates. Then N.Wells will be praising them like they are gods.

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,16:49   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 22 2016,16:13)
Quote (N.Wells @ April 22 2016,07:54)

So says the nutcase who (in the previous page) has been praising a billion+ euro academic failure.

With another billion they might discover something that the model I created already demonstrates. Then N.Wells will be praising them like they are gods.

Weren't you going to be 'trying reading for comprehension'?

Try better.

You persist in misrepresenting N.Wells, and given your track record, that puts you deep in 'dishonest' territory.

Your "theory" asserts that there has to be a body, a sensory system, a memory system, and two cheats -- a comparison (evaluation) function and a 'guess' mechanism.
Both of the latter are features of intelligence, and thus your "theory" is circular.
As such, it cannot possibly offer any new insights into any aspect of intelligence.  Other than, of course, what output looks like that is not guided by any intelligence at all.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,19:24   

This one should read "Templeton funds evolution rethink - in order to help academic parasites rip-off Gary Gaulin"
http://www.uncommondescent.com/evoluti....e-links

--------------

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,19:29   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 22 2016,20:24)
This one should read "Templeton funds evolution rethink - in order to help academic parasites rip-off Gary Gaulin"

Deluded much?

You're awfully free with accusations but evidence is conspicuous by its absence.

Why would anyone want to rip you off?  You've got nothing but some bits you parasitized from rather old material.
You have no insights, you bring nothing to the table but rancid whine.
You can't even draw a connection between your work and current research, except by misrepresentation.

But go ahead -- try to substantiate your absurd claim.

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,19:37   

Yes, we have built an entire society designed solely to deprive Gary of money, acclaim, and a selfless attempt to explain the mysteries of thought to the world.*

But it provides a purpose to our lives.

Glen Davidson

*Well, unless Gary happens to get something wrong from time to time.  Or gets virtually every non-trivial claim wrong.

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,19:51   

Quote (NoName @ April 22 2016,19:29)

I'm doing way more than that.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,20:26   

Quote (Glen Davidson @ April 22 2016,19:37)
Yes, we have built an entire society designed solely to deprive Gary of money, acclaim, and a selfless attempt to explain the mysteries of thought to the world.*

Glen Davidson

*Well, unless Gary happens to get something wrong from time to time.  Or gets virtually every non-trivial claim wrong.

I hope you are not suggesting that it is fair to only allow academic entities to receive genuine help and funding, while individuals being parasitized by academia must be disgraced to death by an academic system that cannot allow their work to be taken seriously.

--------------

Glen Davidson

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,20:40   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 22 2016,20:26)
Quote (Glen Davidson @ April 22 2016,19:37)

Glen Davidson

I hope you are not suggesting that it is fair to only allow academic entities to receive genuine help and funding, while individuals being parasitized by academia must be disgraced to death by an academic system that cannot allow their work to be taken seriously.

There is the problem of knowing better...

Glen Davidson

--------------
http://tinyurl.com/mxaa3p....p

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of coincidence---ID philosophy

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,20:58   

There is the problem of science reporters now sitting around on their asses while waiting for academic press releases to help hype, instead of investigative reporting that keeps the public informed about what is new in science that the public needs to know about.

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,21:03   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 22 2016,19:51)

Even you aren't this delusional. This is just flat out lying.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,21:21   

Quote (Texas Teach @ April 22 2016,21:03)

From 5 years ago:

The next excuse will normally boil down to: academic blowhards like Texas Teach cannot take computer models seriously unless they have been well hyped by the academic media circus that does all their thinking for them.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,21:23   

From 5 years ago:

The next excuse will normally boil down to: academic blowhards like Texas Teach cannot take computer models seriously unless they have been well hyped by the academic media circus that does all their thinking for them.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,22:45   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 23 2016,05:23)

From 5 years ago:

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,22:50   

Quote (k.e.. @ April 22 2016,22:45)

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 23 2016,05:23)

From 5 years ago:

Helmet - Unsung?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....gUiS50g

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: April 22 2016,23:31   

Ah, perhaps you just can't read.

The "absurd claim" in question was your accusation that Templeton was trying to rip you off.  Care to actually back that up?

But while we're on the subject of your silly award, I don't require your video game to be "hyped" by academia.  I, and everyone who know anything about science, requires you to back up your cartoons with evidence from reality.  The fact that you won an "award" from some random internet denizens, one of whom may never even have dug into it when he had the time, is not evidence that any of your notions are true.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,00:02   

Quote (Texas Teach @ April 22 2016,23:31)

The "absurd claim" in question was your accusation that Templeton was trying to rip you off.  Care to actually back that up?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem or are you just throwing another discrediting insult in order to make it seem like I said "Templeton is trying to rip me off"?

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 22 2016,19:24)

Considering how my past email related experience has left me with no respect at all for the Templeton Foundation I would not at all be surprised by this in part being retaliation for speaking out against their hypocritical public policy. But that's not what I said.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,00:09   

But while we're on the subject of your silly award, I don't require your video game to be "hyped" by academia.  I, and everyone who know anything about science, requires you to back up your cartoons with evidence from reality.  The fact that you won an "award" from some random internet denizens, one of whom may never even have dug into it when he had the time, is not evidence that any of your notions are true.

And that comment is full of biased insults and bullshit that only helps show how you and others insultingly justify your brown-nosing.

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,00:16   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 23 2016,00:02)

Do you have a reading comprehension problem or are you just throwing another discrediting insult in order to make it seem like I said "Templeton is trying to rip me off"?

Considering how my past email related experience has left me with no respect at all for the Templeton Foundation I would not at all be surprised by this in part being retaliation for speaking out against their hypocritical public policy. But that's not what I said.

So you're only accusing them of helping "academics" rip you off?  You really want play semantic games with the word helping instead of backing up your accusations with some evidence?

Gary, no one gives enough fucks about you to rip you off.  You have nothing but dreams.  No one anywhere takes you seriously.  Even if you were right, and everyone else in the world was wrong, the fact that you can't convince anyone should tell you to try something different.  Guess better.

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,00:24   

Quote (Texas Teach @ April 23 2016,00:16)
Gary, no one gives enough fucks about you to rip you off.  You have nothing but dreams.  No one anywhere takes you seriously.

http://www.am-nat.org/....nat....nat.org

Elle King - Ex's & Oh's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....BViFIX4

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,00:33   

Or in other words: Way more people take me seriously than you can imagine. But it's your head that's going to roll, therefore I can now enjoy a video that I would normally find way too violent to want to watch.

--------------

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,01:35   

Way more people take me seriously than you can imagine.

Ooh....that's the good stuff.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,01:51   

Or in other words: Way more people take me seriously than you can imagine.

Lord love a duck, that's priceless.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,02:07   

You do realize that being called "Sir" doesn't count if they have to add phrases like "if you leave now, we won't have to call the police", or "please put down that watermelon and let's talk about what's bothering you", right?

Gary, at minimum you need comprehensible English, a grasp of the fundamentals in the fields you are trying to critique; standard terminology or decent redefinitions, including operational definitions; multiple mutually exclusive hypotheses; logically valid testable, falsifiable predictions; actual relevant evidence; answers for criticisms; ground-truthing for your model; and conclusions that are logically derived from your model as opposed to being ungrounded assertions.  Even if you could find someone knowledgeable who supported your work without such things (another ungrounded assertion on your part, incidentally), that would speak poorly of them rather than well of you.

ChemiCat

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,03:33   

From the AM_NAT website;

Gary Gaulin, Gaulin Tracksite, Hitchcock Press Inc. Holyoke, Massachusetts.
The “scientific method” is inherent to human behavior. Babies learn by forming hypotheses (an idea you can test) leading to theories (explanation for how something works or happened) that yield for them repeatable results. The same behavior is found in the hypothesis and theory driven science journal methodology of adults, where “peer review” is the “confidence” part of the cognitive related mechanism. This talk will focus on the scientific method as a methodology we use on a daily basis, which does not need Methodological Naturalism or any other philosophy to understand, just the very basics of cognitive science and common sense.

And this sums up Gaulin's "science" completely. He has none of the attributes of science.

Tell us, oh great polyglot, what is common sense about the Earth revolving around the Sun? What is common sense about the Earth being a sphere? And don't make us start on Quantum theories.

You are not sciencing in any shape or form.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,05:26   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 23 2016,01:02)

As the author of the words in question, I can assure you, Gary, that you are the one who has entirely failed to grasp their meaning.

The absurd claim is indeed your assertion that the Templeton Foundation was enabling, or joining with, academic science / scientists in attempts to rip you off.

Reading for comprehension is demonstrably outside your skill set.

Your pathetic attempt to escape the plain text of your own remarks, and their blatant absurdity, rather than to attempt to support your claims is exactly what we have come to expect.
Your subsequent melt-down when challenged on your transparent hand-waving is, as already noted, ludicrous.  Risible in the extreme.
Your sudden addition of "parasitized" to your frothing little screeds simply confirms our estimations of your mental skills and capacities.
Your village has a perfect idiot.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: April 23 2016,05:28   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ April 23 2016,01:33)
Or in other words: Way more people take me seriously than you can imagine. ...

Oh yeah?
Name two.

18634 replies since Oct. 31 2012,02:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (622) < ... 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 547 548 549 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]