RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 15 2012,12:15   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 15 2012,10:34)
Denyse doesn't give up: "Adam and Eve could be real?"

Commenter SamHManning tries reason:    
If all extant humans arose from a single breeding pair, producing phenotypes as diverse as those found in the diminutive, dark-skinned pygmies and the towering, blond fair-skinned Dutch, I have to wonder why cheetahs are having such a hard time.

And Joe can haz praydickshun: The end is near!111!!!!  
Cheetahs are at their end, just as the pygmies and Dutch.

UD link

Either way the UDers are screwed on this one.

Yes, the skin graft research shows that in some genes, all cheetahs are as alike as identical twins.

On the other hand, more recent research by Sommer et. al. shows that by actually examining the alleles, that cheetahs really do have sufficient diversity to respond to disease.  If something really novel comes along, then they are screwed, but if something really novel comes along... so are we.

Joe just can't win.  He's wrong on both counts.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,15:33   

(Thinking) Hmm, I've had my sig line (welcoming arrogant idiots to UD) for over a year now; maybe time for a new one. What's on offer over at UD? Oh here's one.

Edited by Ptaylor on July 19 2012,08:43

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,19:42   

Quote (Ptaylor @ July 18 2012,15:33)
(Thinking) Hmm, I've had my sig line (welcoming arrogant idiots to UD) for over a year now; maybe time for a new one. What's on offer over at UD? Oh here's one.

Ah yes, the famous argument that prevents juries from functioning.

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,20:05   

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 18 2012,19:42)

Let's give ID proponents credit. They are lawyers, and they do know the law. They know that it is impossible for mere physical or material evidence to support a conclusion beyond reasonable doubt.

They would never ask a jury to convict a person or deprive a person of liberty, life or money based on materialistic, forensic reasoning.

Edited for syntax.

Edited by midwifetoad on July 18 2012,20:21

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,20:27   

Quote (Ptaylor @ July 18 2012,13:33)

With that statement wouldn't joey be admitting that "no one on this planet knows anything" about the alleged design/creation of humans by yhwh/allah or any other so-called designer/god? After all, that alleged event would certainly predate human history (especially if "pre-history" is defined as before written records).

And think of all the other things that his statement would apply to.

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,22:14   

Quote (midwifetoad @ July 18 2012,18:05)

Let's give ID proponents credit. They are lawyers, and they do know the law. They know that it is impossible for mere physical or material evidence to support a conclusion beyond reasonable doubt.

They would never ask a jury to convict a person or deprive a person of liberty, life or money based on materialistic, forensic reasoning.

Edited for syntax.

Excellent points, and to expand on them a bit, I offer this:

Let's say that an IDiot or any other science denying/bashing religious zealot has a young daughter, and one day she tells her parent (the IDiot) that she was raped by someone. She's crying and freaking out as most rape victims would justifiably do and the IDiot, like most parents, runs to the phone and frantically calls the cops. The cops show up, and so does an ambulance which takes the girl to a hospital. The hospital does a rape kit to collect evidence and the cops question the girl for more information but she cannot identify the rapist.

In this situation there's no video, no photos, no witnesses,  no fingerprints, and the girl does not know who the alleged rapist is, but there is medical/biological/scientific evidence of a rape. There is some vaginal bruising/abrasions and a single pubic hair but no semen because the rapist used a condom. The cops eventually match a guy to the DNA of the hair and charge him with rape and the case goes to court. The DNA of the hair matches the DNA of the suspect with an accuracy of 98% and the suspect has no alibi or any other evidence to show that he didn't do it.  

Now, would the IDiot parent argue that the suspect cannot be guilty because the DNA doesn't match 100%? Would the IDiot argue that there are 'gaps' in the case because there is no video, no photos, no description of the rapist, no fingerprints, and no eye witnesses? Would the IDiot argue that since the cops and prosecutor and science can't account for every single nanosecond of the suspect's actions and whereabouts that day and for the history of his entire life that there are 'gaps' and therefor no case against him? Would the IDiot argue that biological/forensic/medical/DNA science can't be trusted and is nothing but a corrupt, materialistic, atheistic, amoral, evil, "Darwinian" agenda?

Would the IDiot devote his/her life, recruit others, publish books, create websites, bash material evidence, bash science, join or create organizations that spend millions, and do all the other things that IDiots do in their 'war' against materialism, in order to vehemently campaign for the release and freedom of the suspected rapist, or would the IDiot want to see the rapist swiftly convicted on the material evidence, imprisoned for a very lengthy time (or worse) and burn in hell for all eternity for raping the IDiot's daughter?  

And what if the suspected rapist used a defense based on supernatural, immaterial woo? Would the IDiot parent of the raped girl be swayed by that?

I think that the answers to the questions are obvious. The IDiot, like most parents, would want to see the rapist hung by his balls in the town square and would be totally convinced by the 98% match (and likely a much less convincing match) of the DNA from a single hair. No other evidence would be necessary and no 'gaps' would even be considered. If something like the rape described above were to happen to an IDiot or someone they care about they would suddenly be totally concerned with only the material evidence and would expect and demand that the cops, prosecutor, jury, and judge take only the material evidence into consideration and convict the suspect. Suddenly science would be completely trustworthy. The SAME science the IDiots fight against every day.

And who do you think the IDiot would want to see testifying about the DNA evidence that would convict his/her daughter's rapist? behe, wells, dembski, luskin, klinghoffer, joe g, gordo 'liar' mullings, arrington, o'leary, ba77, corny hunter, axe, wl 'genocide' craig, uptightbiped, torley, freshwater, or any of the other IDiots? Would an IDiot trust one of their ilk in such a case or would they want a real scientist who's an expert on DNA to testify for the prosecution?

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,22:34   

Quote (The whole truth @ July 18 2012,20:27)
Quote (Ptaylor @ July 18 2012,13:33)

With that statement wouldn't joey be admitting that "no one on this planet knows anything" about the alleged design/creation of humans by yhwh/allah or any other so-called designer/god? After all, that alleged event would certainly predate human history (especially if "pre-history" is defined as before written records).

And think of all the other things that his statement would apply to.

Former AtBC chew toy AfDave believed there were "scribes" who followed Adam around and recorded the written history that is the Bible, so maybe Joe thinks his book (Bible? Koran? Land of the Lost?) is history rather than pre-history.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2012,23:32   

Being on a jury was a real eye opener for me. All the jurors were impressed with the incompetence of the prosecutor.

We deliberated for a hour or so, but there was no irrationality, no Joe, no hissy fits. Just a methodical Bayesian analysis -- so to speak -- of the various hypotheses that had been presented.

Fortunately a jury gets to decide between competing hypotheses and does not have to determine the independent probability of each.

Which is apparently why ID proponents avoid presenting a theory.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: July 19 2012,03:19   

Quote (The whole truth @ July 18 2012,23:14)
Quote (midwifetoad @ July 18 2012,18:05)

Edited for syntax.

Excellent points, and to expand on them a bit, I offer this:

Let's say that an IDiot or any other science denying/bashing religious zealot has a young daughter, and one day she tells her parent (the IDiot) that she was raped by someone. She's crying and freaking out as most rape victims would justifiably do and the IDiot, like most parents, runs to the phone and frantically calls the cops. The cops show up, and so does an ambulance which takes the girl to a hospital. The hospital does a rape kit to collect evidence and the cops question the girl for more information but she cannot identify the rapist.

In this situation there's no video, no photos, no witnesses,  no fingerprints, and the girl does not know who the alleged rapist is, but there is medical/biological/scientific evidence of a rape. There is some vaginal bruising/abrasions and a single pubic hair but no semen because the rapist used a condom. The cops eventually match a guy to the DNA of the hair and charge him with rape and the case goes to court. The DNA of the hair matches the DNA of the suspect with an accuracy of 98% and the suspect has no alibi or any other evidence to show that he didn't do it.  

Now, would the IDiot parent argue that the suspect cannot be guilty because the DNA doesn't match 100%? Would the IDiot argue that there are 'gaps' in the case because there is no video, no photos, no description of the rapist, no fingerprints, and no eye witnesses? Would the IDiot argue that since the cops and prosecutor and science can't account for every single nanosecond of the suspect's actions and whereabouts that day and for the history of his entire life that there are 'gaps' and therefor no case against him? Would the IDiot argue that biological/forensic/medical/DNA science can't be trusted and is nothing but a corrupt, materialistic, atheistic, amoral, evil, "Darwinian" agenda?

Would the IDiot devote his/her life, recruit others, publish books, create websites, bash material evidence, bash science, join or create organizations that spend millions, and do all the other things that IDiots do in their 'war' against materialism, in order to vehemently campaign for the release and freedom of the suspected rapist, or would the IDiot want to see the rapist swiftly convicted on the material evidence, imprisoned for a very lengthy time (or worse) and burn in hell for all eternity for raping the IDiot's daughter?  

And what if the suspected rapist used a defense based on supernatural, immaterial woo? Would the IDiot parent of the raped girl be swayed by that?

I think that the answers to the questions are obvious. The IDiot, like most parents, would want to see the rapist hung by his balls in the town square and would be totally convinced by the 98% match (and likely a much less convincing match) of the DNA from a single hair. No other evidence would be necessary and no 'gaps' would even be considered. If something like the rape described above were to happen to an IDiot or someone they care about they would suddenly be totally concerned with only the material evidence and would expect and demand that the cops, prosecutor, jury, and judge take only the material evidence into consideration and convict the suspect. Suddenly science would be completely trustworthy. The SAME science the IDiots fight against every day.

And who do you think the IDiot would want to see testifying about the DNA evidence that would convict his/her daughter's rapist? behe, wells, dembski, luskin, klinghoffer, joe g, gordo 'liar' mullings, arrington, o'leary, ba77, corny hunter, axe, wl 'genocide' craig, uptightbiped, torley, freshwater, or any of the other IDiots? Would an IDiot trust one of their ilk in such a case or would they want a real scientist who's an expert on DNA to testify for the prosecution?

ID logic requires that if the materialist prosecutor cannot prove that god didn't rape the woman, the accused must go free.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: July 21 2012,06:18   

Fruit on the Loom

34.   Joe G Says:
July 20th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Why the fixation on human chromosome 2? There isn’t any link between the alleged fusion and sharing a common ancestor with chimps.

Even evos admit the alleged fusion is human-lineage specific. But then where are the humans without the fusion? And what about those with that mix with and without?

So to recap- The alleged fusion doesn’t have anything to do with:

1- humans sharing a common ancestor with chimps

2- random mutations

3- natural selection

So what is the point, exactly?

Hee, hee!

ETA: Dang! Can't fix linky. See below.

Edited by Soapy Sam on July 21 2012,20:58

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 21 2012,09:27   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ July 21 2012,06:18)
[URL=http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2012/07/19/the-mystery-of-the-missing-chromosome-with-a-special-guest-appearance-from-facebook-creati

onists/]Fruit on the Loom[/URL]

34.   Joe G Says:

Why the fixation on human chromosome 2? There isn’t any link between the alleged fusion and sharing a common ancestor with chimps.

Even evos admit the alleged fusion is human-lineage specific. But then where are the humans without the fusion? And what about those with that mix with and without?

2- random mutations

3- natural selection

Hee, hee!

The link leads to a 404.

Hey Joey,  you forgot about this... evidence-of-human-and-ape-common-ancestry/

--------------

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: July 21 2012,09:33   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ July 21 2012,06:18)
[URL=http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2012/07/19/the-mystery-of-the-missing-chromosome-with-a-special-guest-appearance-from-facebook-creati

onists/]Fruit on the Loom[/URL]

34.   Joe G Says:

2- random mutations

3- natural selection

Hee, hee!

Working link: goo.gl/fstNs

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

REC

(Permalink) Posted: July 21 2012,09:50   

Joe (ID is ok with evolution/ID isn't creationism/I'm not a evangelical Christian/I'm a muslim) points us to the following:

A creationist has an article Of Apes and Men: Chromosome 2 in Humans and the Chimpanzee in which he lays out the explanation for HC2 in a Creation/ ID context.

Creation/ID? How many of us have been scolded or banned for saying Intelligent design creationism?

So what does the article say?

The only remaining explanation for the similarity of human chromosome 2 to chromosomes 2A and 2B in the chimpanzee is that God created mankind with 46 chromosomes including a second chromosome with the visible characteristics that we see today. No evidence or any line of rational thought can explain how a single human underwent a genetic chromosomal fusion and passed that alteration to all of mankind—except that he was created by God at the beginning, along with woman, with that chromosomal makeup.

Atheists have asked why God would purposefully create a human chromosome that “looks” like the fusion of two chromosomes. At this stage of understanding, we do not know. Recall God’s words: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9, ESV). Eliphaz rightly stated: “He catches the wise in their own craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end” (Job 5:13, ESV). We cannot know God’s intentions for creating us as we exist, nor can we know why He created chimpanzees with such close genetic similarities to humans.

Creationist: ITS A TRAP!!! (created by God to trick the intelligent)

SCIENCE!!!!

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: July 21 2012,10:58   

At evidence-of-human-and-ape-common-ancestry/

I find

Posted on March 1, 2011

For example, a normal person would consider hippos and whales to be very closely related, yet genetically, they are very closely related.

Not a missing 'not' in there somewhere?

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

Gunthernacus

(Permalink) Posted: July 23 2012,08:32   

Quote (REC @ July 21 2012,10:50)
Joe (ID is ok with evolution/ID isn't creationism/I'm not a evangelical Christian/I'm a muslim) points us to the following:

A creationist has an article Of Apes and Men: Chromosome 2 in Humans and the Chimpanzee in which he lays out the explanation for HC2 in a Creation/ ID context.

Creation/ID? How many of us have been scolded or banned for saying Intelligent design creationism?

So what does the article say?

The only remaining explanation for the similarity of human chromosome 2 to chromosomes 2A and 2B in the chimpanzee is that God created mankind with 46 chromosomes including a second chromosome with the visible characteristics that we see today. No evidence or any line of rational thought can explain how a single human underwent a genetic chromosomal fusion and passed that alteration to all of mankind—except that he was created by God at the beginning, along with woman, with that chromosomal makeup.

Atheists have asked why God would purposefully create a human chromosome that “looks” like the fusion of two chromosomes. At this stage of understanding, we do not know. Recall God’s words: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9, ESV). Eliphaz rightly stated: “He catches the wise in their own craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end” (Job 5:13, ESV). We cannot know God’s intentions for creating us as we exist, nor can we know why He created chimpanzees with such close genetic similarities to humans.

Creationist: ITS A TRAP!!! (created by God to trick the intelligent)

SCIENCE!!!!

(My emphasis)

I guess since the inference from known design works so well, the Designer can't be God.  I wonder if He knows that someone else has been working his street corner?

--------------
Given that we are all descended from Adam and Eve...genetic defects as a result of intra-family marriage would not begin to crop up until after the first few dozen generations. - Dr. Hugh Ross

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,07:00   

Joe is still struggling with the basics:  
That said where are the humans with 48 chromosomes and the humans with 47? They must have existed. YOUR position requires it- so where are they?

Keep up the good fight, Joe! Eventually you will strangle Darwinism single-handed.

--------------
Barry Arrington is a bitch.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,08:05   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 24 2012,07:00)
That said where are the humans with 48 chromosomes and the humans with 47? They must have existed. YOUR position requires it- so where are they?

Keep up the good fight, Joe! Eventually you will strangle Darwinism single-handed.

I think we all know where one of them is...

--------------

Raevmo

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,08:13   

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 24 2012,08:05)

I think we all know where one of them is...

Hmmm, which chromosome is necessary for testicular development? Damn, why can't I remember...

--------------
After much reflection I finally realized that the best way to describe the cause of the universe is: the great I AM.

--GilDodgen

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,08:40   

BTW: Joe, our position (i.e. evolution) does NOT require that there existed a species of ape-humans with 47 chromosomes.

Only your strawman version of evolution requires it... just like almost everything else you think that evolution requires.

As evidence to support this, I would like to introduce you to triticale.  In triticale, the haploid number doubled in a single generation.

In other words, the number of chromosomes didn't go from 6 to 7 to 8 to 9 to 10 to 11 to 12.  It went from 6 to 12.  (Or whatever it is, it's not worth the effort to look up the actual haploid number of triticale.)

Shockingly, Joe-dummy, this radically improved the species.

Of course, you don't understand genetics.  You don't understand cellular structure.  You don't understand even the basics of science.  So I really don't expect you to understand this painfully simply concept.

Ya see Joe, this concept of doubling chromosomes (or any change in the chromosome number) DOES NOT mean that new information was added or removed somehow.  It has nothing to do with the concept of information, but because you don't know what mitosis and meiosis are and how they work, you can't possibly understand how things like changes in chromosome number occur.

But that's OK.  Keep on your path.  You must realize by now that every single scientist on the planet is wrong and most of the ID proponents are wrong to.  Only you Joey, only you are right and the more you spread the word... the more likely you are to convince people...

that you and your 'position' are utterly idiotic.

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,09:22   

Hey Joe,  I just realized, you could really help me out.

Could you post your experiments here or on your blog for me and give me permission to use them.

I need a couple of examples of really bad experimental designs will multiple errors including invalid hypotheses, lack of controls, too many variables, drawing invalid conclusions from data, etc.

You're the best person I know for that kind of thing.

Thanks

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,10:33   

Wow, JoeTard is really going off the deep end at Corny's blog.  I guess the loneliness and isolation on his own shithole blog finally got to him.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,10:36   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ July 24 2012,10:33)

Wow, JoeTard is really going off the deep end at Corny's blog.  I guess the loneliness and isolation on his own shithole blog finally got to him.

He's really blog trolling now.

He's also put in an appearance at Carl Zimmer's "The Loom" at Discover Blogs.

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,15:24   

Kwok claims that JoeG is atheistoclast and IBIG.

Is there any evidence that this is so?

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,15:36   

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 24 2012,15:24)

*snort*

--------------

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,15:38   

Quote (OgreMkV @ July 24 2012,16:24)

I think the separate real-world existence of Joseph Gallien and Joseph Bozorgmehr is pretty clear.  They are similarly pathetically grandiose and are both given to making impotent physical threats over petty slights, but I don't see more than that.

IBIG isn't notable or interesting enough to care who he actually is; I don't know that I've ever seen him give any details that suggest he has a life outside of writing PT comments. I've seen suggestions that he might be a group effort, which feels kind of right; there's no there there.

Kwok's wrong about most stuff, I find.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,15:56   

Quote (Occam's Toothbrush @ July 24 2012,15:38)
Quote (OgreMkV @ July 24 2012,16:24)

I think the separate real-world existence of Joseph Gallien and Joseph Bozorgmehr is pretty clear.  They are similarly pathetically grandiose and are both given to making impotent physical threats over petty slights, but I don't see more than that.

IBIG isn't notable or interesting enough to care who he actually is; I don't know that I've ever seen him give any details that suggest he has a life outside of writing PT comments. I've seen suggestions that he might be a group effort, which feels kind of right; there's no there there.

Kwok's wrong about most stuff, I find.

I thought so too.  

But I don't keep track of this stuff like I could.

--------------

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,16:02   

If one person is both, he is a fucking sight cleverer than either appears to be. Atheistoclast is significantly more intelligent than Joe G, and actually shows a vague grasp of concepts at times. But still more than happy to be laughably wrong, yet unembarrassable.

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,17:16   

I'd suggest that one or more of them is Kwok, but given that only Gil the Frill talks about himself more than Kwok does, I think we'd see that in any socks.

Speaking of people rumored to be the same person, does anyone know if VMartin continues his mortal existence now that Davison has left us?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Kattarina98

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,18:31   

Speaking of people rumored to be the same person, does anyone know if VMartin continues his mortal existence now that Davison has left us?
Yep. He sometimes shows up over at TalkRational; he seems to be a one trick pony - God created colours in plants and animals so humans can enjoy them.

Edited to show quote

Edited by Kattarina98 on July 24 2012,18:35

--------------
Barry Arrington is a bitch.

Tracy P. Hamilton

(Permalink) Posted: July 24 2012,19:21   

Quote (Kattarina98 @ July 24 2012,18:31)
Yep. He sometimes shows up over at TalkRational; he seems to be a one trick pony - God created colours in plants and animals so humans can enjoy them.

Edited to show quote

And God made color-blindness so that we would appreciate seeing in color.

--------------
"Following what I just wrote about fitness, you’re taking refuge in what we see in the world."  PaV

"The simple equation F = MA leads to the concept of four-dimensional space." GilDodgen

"We have no brain, I don't, for thinking." Robert Byers

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]