RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2018,18:39   

bbuummpp

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2018,18:53   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,19:39)
Joke cracked me up when he didn't know what the chemistry unit "mole" was and thought it was an abbreviation for molecule.   :D

See this is what makes me think he could be a Poe. He gets literally everything wrong, but keeps going, year after year. How do you do that?

If he's not a Poe then he's literally demented.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2018,19:36   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,16:53)
Joke cracked me up when he didn't know what the chemistry unit "mole" was and thought it was an abbreviation for molecule.   :D

See this is what makes me think he could be a Poe. He gets literally everything wrong, but keeps going, year after year. How do you do that?

"pointing the right way"

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 03 2018,19:41   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,18:53)

I don't know about demented but he does show many of the signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

- Compulsive liar
- Exaggerates own importance
- Believes he or she is special and knows more than professionals in the field
- Requires constant attention
- Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
- Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
- Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
- Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes

Or he could just be a flaming asshole who gets through life by trying to bully others.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:32   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,19:41)
Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,18:53)

I don't know about demented but he does show many of the signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

- Compulsive liar
- Exaggerates own importance
- Believes he or she is special and knows more than professionals in the field
- Requires constant attention
- Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
- Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
- Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
- Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes

Or he could just be a flaming asshole who gets through life by trying to bully others.

You just described yourself, timmy.

Nice own goal

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:33   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,18:39)
Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,18:28)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,19:14)

Quote (Joe G @ May 03 2018,16:49)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,16:47)

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,15:15)
It would be amusing if someone who had several hours to kill wanted to make a list of the several dozen scientific errors  Joe Derp made in this most recent meltdown.

My personal favorite was his explanation of why CO2 doesn't trap heat.

Picking Joke's best example of incredible stupidity is like asking a mother which of her children is her favorite.  

All Joke's spittle-flying ineptitude is equally amusing.   :)

I am comforted by the fact I could easily kick you asses in a debate on evolutionism and science

See?  No matter how incredibly stupid Joke's claims are he can always follow it up with something even more incredibly stupid.   :D

However that all depends on the direction of that re-emitted thermal energy which depends on the direction the CO2 is facing.

I don't think Joe even understands what a molecule is, saying shit like this!

Given the person who said it and what was being discussed at the time, it was the only inference.

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:34   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 03 2018,18:32)
Joe had me at Frequency = Wavelength.

Yes, your cowardly quote-mine has already been noted. And your willful ignorance has also been noted.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:35   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 03 2018,17:28)
Quote (Joe G @ May 03 2018,16:12)
Quote (k.e.. @ May 02 2018,21:10)

Quote (Joe G @ May 03 2018,04:30)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 02 2018,20:27)

Quote (Joe G @ May 02 2018,20:22)

First, by any reasonable definition of the term, intelligent design is not "religion".- page 441 under the heading Not Religion- Signature in the Cell

"Intelligent Design is based on scientific evidence, not religious belief."- Jonathan Wells "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design"

"The Design Revolution", page 25, Dembski writes:

Intelligent Design has theological implications, but it is not a theological enterprise. Theology does not own intelligent design. Intelligent design is not a evangelical Christian thing, or a generally Christian thing or even a generally theistic thing. Anyone willing to set aside naturalistic prejudices and consider the possibility of evidence for intelligence in the natural world is a friend of intelligent design.

He goes on to say:

Intelligent design requires neither a meddling God nor a meddled world. For that matter, it doesn't even require there be a God.

Guillermo Gonzalez tells AP that “Darwinism does not mandate followers to adopt atheism; just as intelligent design doesn't require a belief in God.”

But I am sure that will be ignored also...

Good one Joke!  A bunch of religiously motivated IDiots claiming they're not religiously motivated.   :D

What an ignorant asshole you are timmy. They were talking about ID and not about themselves, loser

Why are you wasting time here creationist Joe trying to change our minds?

Get yourself onto Wikipedia and fix this NOW!!!!

Wiki ID page

Intelligent design (ID) is a religious argument for the existence of God, presented by its proponents as "an evidence-based scientific theory about life's origins", though it has been discredited as pseudoscience. Proponents claim that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection." ID is a form of creationism that lacks empirical support and offers no testable or tenable hypotheses, so is not science. The leading proponents of ID are associated with the Discovery Institute, a fundamentalist Christian and politically conservative think tank based in the United States.

Though the phrase "intelligent design" had featured previously in theological discussions of the design argument, the first publication of the term intelligent design in its present use as an alternative term for creationism was in Of Pandas and People, a 1989 creationist textbook intended for high school biology classes. The term was substituted into drafts of the book, directly replacing references to creation science and creationism, after the 1987 United States Supreme Court's Edwards v. Aguillard decision, which barred the teaching of creation science in public schools on constitutional grounds. From the mid-1990s, the intelligent design movement (IDM), supported by the Discovery Institute, advocated inclusion of intelligent design in public school biology curricula. This led to the 2005 Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District trial in which U.S. District Judge John E. Jones III found that intelligent design was not science, that it "cannot uncouple itself from its creationist, and thus religious, antecedents," and that the school district's promotion of it therefore violated the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

ID presents two main arguments against evolutionary explanations: irreducible complexity and specified complexity. These arguments assert that certain features (biological and informational, respectively) are too complex to be the result of natural processes. As a positive argument against evolution, ID proposes an analogy between natural systems and human artifacts, a version of the theological argument from design for the existence of God. ID proponents then conclude by analogy that the complex features, as defined by ID, are evidence of design.

Detailed scientific examination has rebutted the claims that evolutionary explanations are inadequate, and this premise of intelligent design—that evidence against evolution constitutes evidence for design—is a false dichotomy. It is asserted that ID challenges the methodological naturalism inherent in modern science though [ID]proponents concede that they have yet to produce a scientific theory.

All you have to do Joe is become an editor on Wikipedia.......bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Umm, Wikipedia is not a trusted resource. It even admits that it isn't to be used as an academic source.

And even if I edited the page it would just be erased and put back to the way it is.

That is because Wiki has standards.

Nope, wiki doesn't have any standards at all. It is all group-think/ mob mentality

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:37   

Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,18:28)
Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,19:14)

It would be amusing if someone who had several hours to kill wanted to make a list of the several dozen scientific errors  Joe Derp made in this most recent meltdown.

Picking Joke's best example of incredible stupidity is like asking a mother which of her children is her favorite.  

I am comforted by the fact I could easily kick you asses in a debate on evolutionism and science

See?  No matter how incredibly stupid Joke's claims are he can always follow it up with something even more incredibly stupid.   :D

However that all depends on the direction of that re-emitted thermal energy which depends on the direction the CO2 is facing.

I don't think Joe even understands what a molecule is, saying shit like this!

Wow, what total bullshit, stevie. Your ignorance is not an argument and you can't find anything to refute what I said.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:38   

Quote (Richardthughes @ May 03 2018,17:00)

Behold the criteria he asks for in debates / wagers. 🤣

Dickie, you are an ignorant fuck. You are just a gullible loser and cheerleader

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:38   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ May 03 2018,18:32)
Joe had me at Frequency = Wavelength.

Acartia said there is a molecular code that turns water into ice.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:39   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,18:14)

Any time, timmy.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:40   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 03 2018,18:13)
Quote (Joe G @ May 03 2018,16:48)
CO2 can only absorb 8% of the heat radiated from the earth. That is it. 92% passes right by CO2 uninhibited by it.

The greenhouse effect says that the radiated heat from the surface gets re-emitted back to the surface and the cycle starts anew.

However that all depends on the direction of that re-emitted thermal energy which depends on the direction the CO2 is facing. If the re-emitted thermal energy is towards outer space then it is no longer part of that cycle.

You've already demonstrated you're a clueless dumbass when it comes to basic physics Joke.  No need to belabor the point.

Your ignorance is not an argument nor a refutation of what I said.

It is very telling that you cannot post a coherent argument, loser

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:41   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 03 2018,19:36)
Quote (stevestory @ May 03 2018,16:53)

"pointing the right way"

OK, so you don't understand the greenhouse effect. Got it.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,11:42   

And given what evoTARDs say is scientific you don't have any place to talk about other people.

Talk about being totally self unaware...

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,12:06   

The "in all directions" is what supports my claim. Or is it that you don't think they can all be aimed in the same direction?

My point is that the only way you could get the greenhouse effect via CO2, especially in such very low concentrations, such that it acts like a blanket, that special aiming would have to be the case.

Or is it that you fucks are too stupid to follow an argument?

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,12:08   

And the infinite variations on "I know you are but what am I?"

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,12:31   

Quote (fnxtr @ May 04 2018,12:08)
And the infinite variations on "I know you are but what am I?"

As opposed to your infinite versions of being a cry-baby loser/ let's see how many insults we can spew instead of posting coherent responses?

Got it

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,12:48   

timmy tard, over on TSZ, spews:
Does this idiot really think all the molecules of a greenhouse gas like CO2 point the same way??

No, dumbass, but the people who say that CO2 acts like a blanket are saying that.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,12:51   

And again, CO2 only absorbs in 3 wavelengths ( 2.7, 4.3 and 15 micrometers), ie 8% of the earth's radiated thermal energy.

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:21   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,12:06)

The "in all directions" is what supports my claim. Or is it that you don't think they can all be aimed in the same direction?

My point is that the only way you could get the greenhouse effect via CO2, especially in such very low concentrations, such that it acts like a blanket, that special aiming would have to be the case.

Your own diagram shows and explains some of the CO2 captured infrared radiation is directed back down to Earth and heats the planet.  It doesn't have to ALL "point in the same direction" to warm the planet more than if the greenhouse gases weren't present.

How can you be such a dumbfuck and not even read the words in your own picture??   :D

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:27   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,13:21)

Your own diagram shows and explains some of the CO2 captured infrared radiation is directed back down to Earth and heats the planet.  It doesn't have to ALL "point in ths same direction" to warm the planet more than if the greenhouse gases weren't present.

How can you be such a dumbfuck and not even read the words in your own picture??   :D

Clearly you are totally ignorant of how blankets and greenhouses work.

If only some of the CO2 has it thermal energy directed back towards earth then you have a blanket with so many holes it is just a few threads randomly strung together trying to cover an adult average size male, or a greenhouse made of chicken-wire fencing.

And thanks to winds and convection currents only the CO2 very close to earth has any chance of its re-emissions reaching it.

My response was to the CO2 = a blanket  ignorant spewage. Thank you for proving my point

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:32   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,14:21)
 It doesn't have to ALL "point in the same direction" to warm the planet more than if the greenhouse gases weren't present.

In fact, if you can do simple geometry you can see that because most of the atmosphere is within ~10 mi of the surface, and the radius of the earth is ~4k mi, a reradiated ray of IR will be directed back to earth ~50% of the time.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:35   

Quote (stevestory @ May 04 2018,13:32)
Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,14:21)
 It doesn't have to ALL "point in the same direction" to warm the planet more than if the greenhouse gases weren't present.

In fact, if you can do simple geometry you can see that because most of the atmosphere is within ~10 mi of the surface, and the radius of the earth is ~4k mi, a reradiated ray of IR will be directed back to earth ~50% of the time.

Is that in peer-review? Reference please

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:36   

Quote (Joe G @ May 04 2018,13:27)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,13:21)

Your own diagram shows and explains some of the CO2 captured infrared radiation is directed back down to Earth and heats the planet.  It doesn't have to ALL "point in ths same direction" to warm the planet more than if the greenhouse gases weren't present.

Clearly you are totally ignorant of how blankets and greenhouses work.

If only some of the CO2 has it thermal energy directed back towards earth then you have a blanket with so many holes it is just a few threads randomly strung together trying to cover an adult average size male, or a greenhouse made of chicken-wire fencing.

And thanks to winds and convection currents only the CO2 very close to earth has any chance of its re-emissions reaching it.

My response was to the CO2 = a blanket  ignorant spewage. Thank you for proving my point

You really are the dumbest dumbfuck to ever post online.

With no greenhouse gases, 100% of IR is radiated from Earth back into space

With greenhouse gases, even if 95% of IR radiated from Earth goes into space 5% still goes back to the surface and additionally heats the planet.

Seriously Joke.  Even a third grader can understand 5% returned is greater than 0% returned.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:45   

Clueless fuck. CO2 does not act like a blanket.

CO2 does not amplify the temperature- it does not emit hotter than it absorbs. What it re-emits will be cooler than what it absorbed, ie less energy because it bumps into other atmospheric molecules losing some of its absorbed energy.

The energy it emits is less than the energy coming from the earth. And is overwhelmed by the energy coming from the Sun.

And due to winds and convection currents may never reach the earth.

But all of that is irrelevant to the CO2 = a blanket claim, which is clearly bullshit

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:47   

CO2- the discussion is about CO2, which is a miniscule greenhouse gas. And if the CO2 concentration reaches 150PPM then plants die and we follow.

CO2 does not act like a blanket

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:48   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,14:36)

With greenhouse gases, even if 95% of IR radiated from Earth goes into space 5% still goes back to the surface and additionally heats the planet.

Seriously Joke.  Even a third grader can understand 5% returned is greater than 0% returned.

and full solar irradiance at the surface is about a thousand watts per square meter. even if you only kept 5% of that it's like adding a 50 watt incandescent bulb on every square meter of daylight.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:49   

5% of the 8%. But that is including all greenhouse gasses. With just CO2 it is much, much, much lower than that

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: May 04 2018,13:51   

Quote (stevestory @ May 04 2018,13:48)
Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ May 04 2018,14:36)

and full solar irradiance at the surface is about a thousand watts per square meter. even if you only kept 5% of that it's like adding a 50 watt incandescent bulb on every square meter of daylight.

Except we are talking about CO2 and the 5% is all greenhouse gasses

--------------

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 500 501 502 503 504 [505] 506 507 508 509 510 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]