RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Learned Hand

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 24 2014,22:20   

Quote (steve_h @ Feb. 24 2014,16:07)
They've still got this on Dembski.

I always assumed TBS this was a fake DO'L web-farm site. Maybe it was an unwitting host to an ID parasite akin to "Baylor University's Evolutionary informatics lab."

Is that the Informatics Lab that supposedly scared $25 million out of the NSF?

"Another thing that makes me think that maybe this work is having an impact is that after it started gaining momentum, Michigan State University, home of Pennock’s Digital Evolution Lab, received a huge $25 million NSF grant in 2010 for BEACON (Bio-computational Evolution in Action CONsortium). I suspect that at least part of the rationale for the NSF giving our tax dollars to fund this boondoggle is the threat to Darwinian evolution posed by the Evolutionary Informatics Lab."

http://www.thebestschools.org/feature....terview

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 24 2014,23:19   

"Another thing that makes me think that maybe this work is having an impact is that after it started gaining momentum, Michigan State University, home of Pennock’s Digital Evolution Lab, received a huge $25 million NSF grant in 2010 for BEACON (Bio-computational Evolution in Action CONsortium). I suspect that at least part of the rationale for the NSF giving our tax dollars to fund this boondoggle is the threat to Darwinian evolution posed by the Evolutionary Informatics Lab."

I was not aware that megalomania is measured in Dembskis.

ETA: just learned that the unit can only be properly expressed with caps lock on.

Edited by sparc on Feb. 24 2014,23:23

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,00:29   

Quote (sparc @ Feb. 24 2014,23:19)

ETA: just learned that the unit can only be properly expressed with caps lock on.

from the interview:

Far better would have been to use those seven minutes to recount the record of accomplishment of intelligent design.

???

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

timothya

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,01:37   

Is it just me or do you think it passing strange that the Carroll/Craig debate happened without acknowledgement, advertising or commentary by anyone at UD or EN&V? I may have missed their references, but what gives when one of the DI Fellows makes a big noise with a prominent cosmologist and then . . . nothing?

--------------
"In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread." Anatole France

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,02:05   

Quote (timothya @ Feb. 25 2014,07:37)
Is it just me or do you think it passing strange that the Carroll/Craig debate happened without acknowledgement, advertising or commentary by anyone at UD or EN&V? I may have missed their references, but what gives when one of the DI Fellows makes a big noise with a prominent cosmologist and then . . . nothing?

Craig was destroyed.

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,04:34   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Feb. 25 2014,00:29)

from the interview:

Far better would have been to use those seven minutes to recount the record of accomplishment of intelligent design.

???

It would involve s p e a k i n g   v  e  r  y     s    l    o    w    l    y.

Think Sir Clement Freud on Just a Minute.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,09:06   

Heh. They used to play that on the local campus station at 6am Mondays. Now, thanks to a technology upgrade, we get "library on random". Bleh.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,10:47   

William Dembski - 7'00''

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,12:33   

Quote (socle @ Feb. 24 2014,19:44)
Quote (steve_h @ Feb. 24 2014,16:07)
They've still got this on Dembski.

I always assumed TBS this was a fake DO'L web-farm site. Maybe it was an unwitting host to an ID parasite akin to "Baylor University's Evolutionary informatics lab."

Interesting.  Too bad that Dembski interview is on such a useless website.

William Dembski: Thanks for the opportunity to do this interview, which looks as though it will be my most extensive interview to date...

The Discovery Institute’s founding dates back to the early ’90s. It was started as a high-tech and public-policy think tank. George Gilder (left) was one of the key people providing it with vision.

Were I not already thoroughly disgusted by Dembski and the 'toot, this would be sufficient.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,13:03   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Feb. 25 2014,02:34)

from the interview:

???

Oh, I don't know.  It would take him more than seven minutes to count just the Templeton money.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

socle

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,13:40   

Quote (khan @ Feb. 25 2014,12:33)
The Discovery Institute’s founding dates back to the early ’90s. It was started as a high-tech and public-policy think tank. George Gilder (left) was one of the key people providing it with vision.
Were I not already thoroughly disgusted by Dembski and the 'toot, this would be sufficient.

What an odious man.  

OT:  From Gilder's wikipedia page, on the origins of the Discovery Institute:
The organization started as a moderate group which aimed to privatize and modernize Seattle's transit systems

Heh.  Joe G will publish his CSI calculations in Nature before Seattle has a modern transportation system (I still love the town though).

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,13:42   

Quote (Driver @ Feb. 25 2014,02:05)

Craig was destroyed.

It's like the 2001 Haverford conference, then. Behe, Dembski, and Nord debated Miller, me, and Scott. Just try finding IDC advocates bragging about that...

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,14:39   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Feb. 25 2014,19:42)

Craig was destroyed.

It's like the 2001 Haverford conference, then. Behe, Dembski, and Nord debated Miller, me, and Scott. Just try finding IDC advocates bragging about that...

[tinfoilhat]Wesley, every video at that site works....except yours.[/tinfoilhat]

DiEb

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,16:22   

Quote (Driver @ Feb. 25 2014,08:05)

Craig was destroyed.

Is there any footage free available?

DiEb

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,16:26   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Feb. 25 2014,10:34)

from the interview:

???

"He's listing again...."

I miss him...

Febble

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,16:39   

Quote (DiEb @ Feb. 25 2014,16:22)

Craig was destroyed.

Oddly, no, as far as I can tell, although somewhere I saw someone anticipating that it would eventually be posted.

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,17:51   

Quote (DiEb @ Feb. 25 2014,22:22)

Craig was destroyed.

Live streamed, then not available, but Carroll has said it will be available on Youtube shortly.

--------------
Why would I concern myself with evidence, when IMO "evidence" is only the mind arranging thought and matter to support what one already wishes to believe? - William J Murray

[A]t this time a forum like this one is nothing less than a national security risk. - Gary Gaulin

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,20:22   

Quote (Woodbine @ Feb. 25 2014,08:47)

William Dembski - 7'00''

Clever Woodbine.

On the B Side is a rare studio recording of Marcel Marceau.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,21:29   

Quote (Woodbine @ Feb. 25 2014,14:39)

Craig was destroyed.

[tinfoilhat]Wesley, every video at that site works....except yours.[/tinfoilhat]

I had to try starting it three times, but it eventually did.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,22:36   

Quote (keiths @ Feb. 24 2014,00:30)
Byers:
Where are these hot good looking robots? who is defining what robot beauty is?
I still would allow robot marriage before gay marriage. Robots are less objectionable and they are objectionable.
Call it robotophobia if you must!!

But how would one determine if a robot has reached the age of consent? :p

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 25 2014,22:55   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Feb. 25 2014,21:29)
Quote (Woodbine @ Feb. 25 2014,14:39)

Craig was destroyed.

I had to try starting it three times, but it eventually did.

You're but a pup there, Wes!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 27 2014,16:13   

Is that The Legendary Sweater Dembski is wearing?

Link

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 27 2014,16:31   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 27 2014,16:13)

Link

That's it - In all HIS its GLORY - Praise Jesus! The Designer!

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 27 2014,19:54   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 27 2014,17:13)

Link

The Sweater should be on exhibit somewhere.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 27 2014,20:49   

Quote (khan @ Feb. 27 2014,19:54)
Quote (CeilingCat @ Feb. 27 2014,17:13)

Link

The Sweater should be on exhibit somewhere.

If Sternberg hadn't been expelled, we could have gotten him to acquire it for the Smithsonian.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 27 2014,22:17   

Last I heard, he still works there.  Being "expelled" isn't what it used to be.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 27 2014,22:41   

Ok, cage your irony meters, raise your blood alcohol levels to at least "sub lethal" levels, empty your bladders, sit down, strap in, set your phasors to "stun" and hang on for dear life.

From the The "D" of ID is science thread, I give you the Philippine Phuckup, young Salvador Cordova:

I have debated Darwinists for many years, and I don’t debate them in order to persuade them, but rather to humiliate their claims as best I can, and this is done by arguing from the most unassailable positions possible.

Do not attempt to reply for at least 45 minutes or until you stop rolling on the floor and laughing.  Do not forget to breathe.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2014,06:16   

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 28 2014,08:00   

Here's the criag carrol debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?f....tAwH33k

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Driver

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2014,04:51   

Before the fall, we were chimpanzees:

This YEC creationist welcomes 100% likeness with primates.
We do not have human bodies but are renting primate bodies for human beings SOULS made in Gods image.
We are within the spectrum of creation.
We have livers, hearts, butts, lips, ears because we are in a common blueprint of biology. A single equation .
Yet because we are unique we could not have a body representing our true identity as a God image as it couldn’t be shown within a animal biology plan.
So we were given the best body on earth for our needs.
We are renting a body. We are using a ape construction.
Physical separateness is irrelevant.
In fact its probably post fall details that spin us away from 100%. Like colour, pain at childbirth, body issues, no hair etc.

--------------

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]