RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < ... 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,17:22   

haha, some days, the TardBuckets at UD are a riot to watch.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,18:12   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Mar. 09 2011,10:22)

You talking about the tardfest lastyearon has commented on?

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,18:26   

Quote (Ptaylor @ Mar. 08 2011,19:12)

lastyearon

03/08/2011

3:28 pm

Haha! I actually read this entire threadin one sitting. Im convinced that this thread is now the best evidence we have of the lack of scientific merit of Intelligent Design.

That was designed.
How do you know.
Because it contains a lot of CSI What is CSI and how do you measure it
Go away.

Awesome.

From now on, rather than linking to the Kitzmiller decision, Im going to link straight here.

lol

--------------

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,18:41   

LouFCD

03/08/2011

7:42 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Please calculate the CSI, FCSI, FSCI, DFSCIXYZPDQ or any other sciency sounding acronym that Gordon chooses to make up. Please do it right here in this thread for any living organism, any one at all. Then do it for a peanut butter sandwich.

You wont, because you cant. Give it up. Everyone, even the people rooting for Intelligent Design Creationism, know that this blog and the movement it stands for is about nothing but an end-run around the Establishment Clause and the Edwards v. Aguillard decision. Youre every one a liar and a fraud.

Quit yammering and sidestepping. Show the calculations. Put up or GTFO.

--------------

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,19:11   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Mar. 08 2011,18:26)

lastyearon

03/08/2011

Haha! I actually read this entire threadin one sitting. Im convinced that this thread is now the best evidence we have of the lack of scientific merit of Intelligent Design.

That was designed.
How do you know.
Go away.

Awesome.

From now on, rather than linking to the Kitzmiller decision, Im going to link straight here.

lol

That was a literal lol.

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,19:12   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Mar. 08 2011,18:41)

LouFCD

03/08/2011

7:42 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Please calculate the CSI, FCSI, FSCI, DFSCIXYZPDQ or any other sciency sounding acronym that Gordon chooses to make up. Please do it right here in this thread for any living organism, any one at all. Then do it for a peanut butter sandwich.

You wont, because you cant. Give it up. Everyone, even the people rooting for Intelligent Design Creationism, know that this blog and the movement it stands for is about nothing but an end-run around the Establishment Clause and the Edwards v. Aguillard decision. Youre every one a liar and a fraud.

Quit yammering and sidestepping. Show the calculations. Put up or GTFO.

Oh yeah, Clivebaby will let that through.

PS:  Clive, you're still a bitch.

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,19:16   

lastyearon

03/08/2011

That was designed.
How do you know.
Go away.

Awesome.

lol

Back when I was socking regularly, one of my incarnations, leo stotch, put it this way:

ID is so awesome. It is a science that does no lab or field work and relies on mathematical concepts that use no mathematical calculations. It reminds me of the Todd Snider song about the band that wouldnt play a note.

Not surprisingly, Davescot banned me for that comment.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it. We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,19:39   

Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 08 2011,19:16)

lastyearon

03/08/2011

That was designed.
How do you know.
Go away.

Awesome.

lol

Back when I was socking regularly, one of my incarnations, leo stotch, put it this way:

ID is so awesome. It is a science that does no lab or field work and relies on mathematical concepts that use no mathematical calculations. It reminds me of the Todd Snider song about the band that wouldnt play a note.

It's amazing that such a complete and total putz is morally and intellectually superior to every non-sock current UD regular.

Sealawr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,20:05   

Damn, that's good!  I PDF'd that page.  

I can't believe it will still be there at dawn's early light.

--------------
DS: "The explantory filter is as robust as the data that is used with it."
David Klinghoffer: ""I'm an IDiot"

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,20:21   

Quote (Maya @ Mar. 08 2011,20:39)
Quote (carlsonjok @ Mar. 08 2011,19:16)

lastyearon

03/08/2011

That was designed.
How do you know.
Go away.

Awesome.

lol

It's amazing that such a complete and total putz is morally and intellectually superior to every non-sock current UD regular.

yeah no shit like you would have ever sat back and said "hell you know what davetard is better than the rest of this goof troop" but bloodyhell take the one tard away and the rest of them go apeshit jesus0matic immediately.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell.Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,21:26   

ID is so awesome. It is a science that does no lab or field work and relies on mathematical concepts that use no mathematical calculations. It reminds me of the Todd Snider song about the band that wouldn?t play a note.

So mentioning a band gets one banned? Huh. Who'd have thunk it.

Henry

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,21:29   

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 08 2011,23:31   

Erasmus, FCD:
yeah no shit like you would have ever sat back and said "hell you know what davetard is better than the rest of this goof troop" but bloodyhell take the one tard away and the rest of them go apeshit jesus0matic immediately.
WMAD must regret handing UD over to Barry Arrington. Since they've banned DaveScot it has become an even worse distortion of the caricature it has always been.

ETA for spelling mostakes

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,00:41   

bill don't give a damn i am sure he is devising a new way to conquer the world.  fucking pinky and the brain without the brain

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,05:56   

Quote (Ptaylor @ Mar. 08 2011,18:12)

Lou's quote convinced me to break my usual rule and get the tard directly from the source.

Oh.  My.  God.

Even the typical ID creationist with no science education, dull normal intelligence, and pastor on speed-dial must be starting to see that not one of the regulars there can even define their sciencey terms.

That thread is going to get disappeared soon, along with lastyearon, MathGrrl, and DrBot (whom I salute) for bon mots like this one:
Surely the easiest thing to do would be for someone to exercise some charity, humor MathGrrl and provide the calculations for her examples. Refusing to do so makes ID look bad.

Even Clivebaby might be able to see the irony in that one, if someone helps him with the longer words.

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,06:00   

I also liked this one from Pedant:
PaV said,

Go away little girl.

I thought better of you.

I didn't. PaV seems like almost as much of a rude ass as Upright BiPed, who takes second only to Joseph.

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,06:08   

PaV also wins the Massive Projection award for this masterpiece:
For any onlookers, our wonderful MathGrrl is probably some graduate student for someone who thinks he knows something about CSI, NFL, and evolutionary algorithms, and hes sending his little protege off to the UD board to ask discomfiting questions.

As far as I know, there's only one college professor who sends his students out to "participate" in blogs.

(Okay, I'll stop now. Almost the whole thread is comment worthy.)

REC

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,09:19   

The OPs and discussion are fairly useless, but the TARD is flowing over at Hunters place,

Peter brings the hate-TARD:

It is well known that feminists attack the church because the Bible teaches that a woman must obey her husband and that homosexuality is a sin. She is clever enough to attack faith indirectly, and that is all it is, a feminist attach on the church. Evolution is only the tool to achieve her social goals: abortion, high divorce rates, and lesbian marriage. If she wanted to prove evolution was true then she would have replicated evolution in the lab.

Link

Louis has fantasies:
And who says I want to convince anybody in the scientific community? The scientific community can kiss my @ss, for all I care. You people ain't all that. Stupid incestuous dictatorships can only last for so long. Eventually, the people rise up and kick their butts. I hope for your sake that you're learning a lesson from what's happening in the Middle East. A revolution is coming soon that will sweep you people aside. And it's coming from the one place that you least expect. See ya.

We should really get him and Gil together-Louis is working on a Chess program:

Chess

But the site gets WEIRD from there:

Whoa

Oh, an old one I forgot....our own JoeG gets revisionist:

The geocentric PoV was the scientific PoV in Galileo's time.
The church was tricked by those scientists into thinking the Bible supported a geocentric position.

Link

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,09:32   

I started LOLing the "non-evolution" thread in the Initial Post:
There is no need to discuss the cited Long et al. (2003) paper in any great detail here, as this has already been done by Casey Luskin ...

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,09:59   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Mar. 09 2011,15:32)
I started LOLing the "non-evolution" thread in the Initial Post:  
There is no need to discuss the cited Long et al. (2003) paper in any great detail here, as this has already been done by Casey Luskin ...

Thank you very much! Laptop keyboard and screen are not as easy to change as tabletop computers. And there was whiskey in that coffee! The harder to remove...

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,10:18   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 09 2011,05:26)
ID is so awesome. It is a science that does no lab or field work and relies on mathematical concepts that use no mathematical calculations. It reminds me of the Todd Snider song about the band that wouldn?t play a note.

So mentioning a band gets one banned? Huh. Who'd have thunk it.

Henry

OH YEAH?

HOMOS!

WHEN THE SHERRIFF CAME OVER LAST WEEK TO FIND OUT WHY I WAS USING MY GLOCK TO CHOP UP FIREWOOD I TOLD HIM THAT I WAS FORMING A BAND.

HE SAID "GRATE"

I TOLD HIM I HAD A TOADSTOOL BONGO SECTION 'CUZ TEH MUSHROOMS WERE TOO SMALL ........ 'N HE SAID 'K

BUT THE PEACE DE RESISTOR WAS TEH STIHL MAGNUM CARBURETTOR FLUTE.

QUE? HE SAID

YUP WHEN I SHOWED HIM HE WANTED TO TRY IT.

DAMN I NEVER SAW A GUY COUGH SO MUCH

HE SUCKED INSTEAD OF BLOWED!

I DRAINED THAT SOB BEFORE ANYONE ELSE HAD A GO

HE HE  d.t.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,14:48   

Quote (Maya @ Mar. 09 2011,07:08)
PaV also wins the Massive Projection award for this masterpiece:

For any onlookers, our wonderful MathGrrl is probably some graduate student for someone who thinks he knows something about CSI, NFL, and evolutionary algorithms, and hes sending his little protege off to the UD board to ask discomfiting questions.

As far as I know, there's only one college professor who sends his students out to "participate" in blogs.

(Okay, I'll stop now. Almost the whole thread is comment worthy.)

All the more delicious because MathGrrl _is_ a college professor, I'm pretty sure.

Same Math Dept as Jason Rosenhouse.

--------------
Im referring to evolution, not changes in allele frequencies. - Cornelius Hunter
Im not an evolutionist, Im a change in allele frequentist! - Nakashima

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,15:24   

it's delicious, sure, but it's kinda like the 90th bowl of ice cream in a row.  but there were some little nuggety sprinkles on that one (works for someone who thinks he knows something about NFL blah blah blah)

--------------

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,15:46   

Ok...that is just PRICELESS stuff!! Man I hope they leave that up! There isn't a comedy show out there that is that funny!

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed. Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,15:55   

Can I get the over/under on a 404/ comments closed?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,16:47   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 09 2011,15:55)

I'm not sure about the 404, other than "not soon enough for stephenB, Upset BiPed" and Gordo", but it is a 100% certainty that I fell asleep at the keyboard after the 23rd "onlookers" post by GEM of ICKI.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,17:27   

Quote (J-Dog @ Mar. 09 2011,14:47)
Quote (Richardthughes @ Mar. 09 2011,15:55)

I'm not sure about the 404, other than "not soon enough for stephenB, Upset BiPed" and Gordo", but it is a 100% certainty that I fell asleep at the keyboard after the 23rd "onlookers" post by GEM of ICKI.

It was batshit's cut&paste argumentum ad youtubium that did it for me.

What a great thread! The most revealing UD tardfest since the "Eww, homos!" debacle a couple of months ago.

MathGrrl: Please define CSI so I can do some calculations.

Batshit: Turin Shroud! Virgin Of Guadeloupe! Quantum Entanglement!  Look! A mouse!
Gordon: Stop making ad hominems, you stupid fuckface.
PaV: Everyone knows that.  But I'm not telling you.  Piss off.
vjtorley: I know fuck all about mathematics, information theory or biology.  That's how I know Dembski is right.  Buy his book.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

paragwinn

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,21:46   

Quote (JohnW @ Mar. 09 2011,17:27)

MathGrrl: Please define CSI so I can do some calculations.

Batshit: Turin Shroud! Virgin Of Guadeloupe! Quantum Entanglement! Look! A mouse!
Gordon: Stop making ad hominems, you stupid fuckface.
PaV: Everyone knows that. But I'm not telling you. Piss off.
vjtorley: I know fuck all about mathematics, information theory or biology. That's how I know Dembski is right. Buy his book.

This might be a stretch but I'm finding that situations like that bring this to mind.
BTW, for any UDers out there, MathGrrl is represented by the party providing potentially life-saving advice.

--------------
All women build up a resistance [to male condescension]. Apparently, ID did not predict that. -Kristine 4-19-11
F/Ns to F/Ns to F/Ns etc. The whole thing is F/N ridiculous -Seversky on KF footnote fetish 8-20-11
Sigh. Really Bill? - Barry Arrington

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2011,23:00   

Oh well, had to look.

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Guffaw "The Law of Conservation of Information"™© giggle

Hey ID tards .......have you heard? It didn't stand up in court and it never will, not a hope.

There IS NO SUCH THING it's pure snake oil.

Suckers. Dembski is living off your gullablity.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2011,06:17   

yeah i slowed down and whistled at hte train wreck too

fuck Joe really is this stupid

in response to "how the fuck and what the fuck is this CSI thing you fuckfaces are yammering about"

Joseph
03/09/2011
7:57 am
Dr Boy=t and mathGrrl-

Until either of you provide a dfined metric with matematical rigor for your poition thre isnt any need for you to whine about CSI.

Ya see until we know t you accept yourwhining is meaningless and makesyou both look like little cildren who cant get their way.

So have at it- no one is impressed with your whining.

We need somthing that you accept from your position we can compare CSI to.

Are you up to it?

My prediction is you are not and will continue to whine- that prediction is based on the fact I have asked mny times and have not received.

And that tells me your complaints are without merit.

pssstt Joe Tard you really wanna relive the 30s and 40s again?  you dumb shit

then bornagain pisses all over hisself *right there in the thread*.  cue embarassed crickets.  no one talks to that lunatic do they

jon specter
03/09/2011
9:29 am
I think it is pretty clear that Mathgrrl doesnt have anything. That point has been made abundantly clear. So, lets get on with showing her that our side has the rigorous calculations she says we dont.

christ that happens over and over in this thread doesn't it.  hilarious

joe forgets where they started

Shannon didnt really care about information:

bornagain77
03/09/2011
10:43 am
it is every 10^14 sequences that will produce a meaningful word in the English language,,, You can use that for a ballpark figure to ascertain information (Functional information bits) from Szostaks equation,,I(Ex)= -log2 [F(Ex)] ,,, but since we are dealing with proteins, you must find rarity of proteins in sequence space,,, to which I referred to Axes work. But none the less Mathgrrl the crushing point or information to you, which you will deny the validity of anyway because of your atheistic bias, is that quantum entanglement is found in molecular biology!

bornagain77
03/09/2011
10:45 am
correction,, it is every 10^14 sequences that will produce a meaningful 10 LETTER word in the English language

bornagain77
03/09/2011
10:52 am
MathGrrl, put it this way, you want to establish the legitimacy of neo-Darwinism right? And neo-Darwinism is built on materialistic presuppositions right?? And materialism (local realism) is falsified by quantum entanglement right??? And quantum entanglement is found in molecular biology right??? Thus neo-Darwinism cannot be the explanation for quantum entanglement in molecular biology!!! Probability calculations, on which neo-Darwinism would depend if it were true, do not even apply for this highest dimensional information displayed by entanglement!!

neo-Darwinism cannot be the explanation for quantum entanglement in molecular biology.  <shrug> OK BA.  Hey, dude, your recess is over here come those guys in the white coats are just around the corner better finish that smoke

anyone want to bet that Joe has a tiny penis?

Joseph
03/09/2011
11:11 am
MathGrrl-

We say we have met your challenge. That you refuse to accept that is your problem, not ours.

And to prove my claim that we have met your challenge you have failed to produce something you position offers that also fulfills your requirements so that we can compare.

That we we can see if you are just a troll or do you really have an valid criticism.

Also even if CSI didnt exist as a concept you still wouldnt have any positive evidence for your position- just look at this thread- the best you have is T-URF 13, which is next to nothing.

So until you provide something from your position as a standard you will always be in the position to say that just aint good enough, which is childish.

i am sure he is grateful for the distraction from abraham and isaac and nekkid adams lol

anyone else think that thread is locked?  lol

epitaph

cue faggy music

bornagain77
03/09/2011
11:20 am
MathGrrl, I gave you a rigorous probability calculation for determining functional information bits in a sequence! That you want to falsely say it is metrically different than Dembskis CSI matters not one iota for me, for functional information as defined in the equation of Szostak, does in fact contain complexity, and specification, in its arrival of functional information bits (FITS). You have been given papers that derive FITS for various protein families in various scenarios! But your blatant unreasonableness, just to support your atheism, is all beside the point anyway for it is IMPOSSIBLE, even in principle, for neo-Darwinism to explain the higher dimensional information of quantum entanglement in biology! That you ignore this central point clearly demonstrates that you are not concerned with finding the truth of the matter in the least, but are instead primarily concerned with trying to establish the legitimacy of your atheistic/Darwinistic beliefs no matter how many deceptive tactics you have to repeatedly employ!!! And exactly what for MathGrrl??? Do you think that your shallowness is not clear for all to see? Do you somehow think that hiding in lies will make life better for you??? I just dont get, why in the world would you put your eternal soul in so much jeopardy with such childishness ???

Amen

--------------

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < ... 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]