RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,22:35   

The fun continues.  When Francis Beckwith observes that
At the end of the day, ID advocates do themselves no favors by hurling insults at people like Miller and Collins. For they are more accomplished, more successful, and more well-respected than any ID advocate anywhere. That’s harsh, I know. But it’s the truth.

Dave counters:
You need to get out more. George W. Bush is an ID advocate and he’s arguably the most powerful man in the world. Collins and Miller together don’t amount to a pimple on his butt. I know it’s harsh but scientists and academics in general don’t get a lot of respect outside their sheltered world. Heck, even Ann Coulter makes them look insignificant by each and every metric you named.

You should get out more often, Dave.  Society hearts scientists.  According to a 2003 Harris Interactive Poll,  
Americans see scientists, firemen, doctors, teachers and nurses as the professions and occupations which have the most prestige. At the other end of the spectrum, the occupations which are seen as having the least prestige are real estate agents, stockbrokers, actors, bankers and accountants.

Only three occupations are perceived to have "very great" prestige by more than half of all adults; these are scientists (57%), firemen (55%) and doctors (52%). They are followed by four professions which are perceived to have "very great" prestige by more than 40% but less than 50% - teachers (49%), nurses (47%), military officers (46%) and police officers (42%).
 2006 data are here.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,22:42   

Looking at the UD creationists through new eyes, Firefox 3 to be exact, I can confidently say that IDC still sucks.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:04   

Quote (olegt @ June 18 2008,23:35)
At the end of the day, ID advocates do themselves no favors by hurling insults at people like Miller and Collins. For they are more accomplished, more successful, and more well-respected than any ID advocate anywhere. That’s harsh, I know. But it’s the truth.

Dave counters:
You need to get out more. George W. Bush is an ID advocate and he’s arguably the most powerful man in the world. Collins and Miller together don’t amount to a pimple on his butt. I know it’s harsh but scientists and academics in general don’t get a lot of respect outside their sheltered world. Heck, even Ann Coulter makes them look insignificant by each and every metric you named.

You should get out more often, Dave.  Society hearts scientists.  According to a 2003 Harris Interactive Poll,  
Americans see scientists, firemen, doctors, teachers and nurses as the professions and occupations which have the most prestige. At the other end of the spectrum, the occupations which are seen as having the least prestige are real estate agents, stockbrokers, actors, bankers and accountants.

Only three occupations are perceived to have "very great" prestige by more than half of all adults; these are scientists (57%), firemen (55%) and doctors (52%). They are followed by four professions which are perceived to have "very great" prestige by more than 40% but less than 50% - teachers (49%), nurses (47%), military officers (46%) and police officers (42%).
 2006 data are here.

fbeckwith's whole post is really pretty good:

fbeckwith

06/18/2008

8:16 pm

Tard Alert!

“Theistic evolution” seems to be a legitimate option for Christian theists, but I believe that it has to be offered in a way in which it does not appear that “God” is a free rider. After all, Christian theism affirms God is the creator of all that contingently exists. This means that in a sense even theistic evolutionists are “creationists.” Having said that, it seems to me that for the TE advocates, God must play some role in their account of reality. If he does not, then TE is just a short hand way to say that “belief in God” is not inconsistent with an account of the universe that does not require God. This, by the way, does not mean that one has to embrace ID as presently conceived by its dominant advocates. But it does mean that if one believes that theological claims are legitimate claims of knowledge, then the TE advocate has to present his view in a way in which God plays an indispensable role in his account of the universe.

This is why ID’s emphasis on Darwinian evolution rather than cosmic design was a hugely tactical error. For the former lends itself to the criticism that ID is merely “God of the gaps,” for it tends to single out particular aspects of organisms for design accounts. This may be unfair, to be sure. But it is still very difficult to rebut the charge, since the design account is usually the result of a theory (e.g., WD”s explanatory filter) more controversial than the theory that the design account is attempting to refute.

The model that ID should have followed is how philosophers like Plantinga and Wolterstorff conducted themselves in the 1960s and 1970s when philosophical theism was a distinctly minority point of view. They published in the best journals, presented their papers at the best conferences, and did not use the instrument of the state to require that their views be taught at public universities. They built relationships with their adversaries and become leaders in their discipline. Did they sometimes have to bite their tongues when they were treated unjustly? Of course. But it was only because they thought of their cause as more important than winning every point in every venue.

For example, who was the genius who told Gulliermo Gonzales it was a good idea to remain a DI fellow and publish his book before he earned tenure? Everyone knew that this was an accident waiting to happen. Imagine if GG had received wise advice from friends to resign his DI fellowship, back off the ID stuff, publish more peer-reviewed articles, apply for more grants, etc. Do you think he would be at Grove City College now? I doubt it.

There are lots of noble reasons for which one should to lose a great job. ID is not even in the top 10.

also Ted's post is not retarded:

Ted Davis

06/18/2008

10:21 pm

Tard Alert!

DaveScot writes, “I know it’s harsh but scientists and academics in general don’t get a lot of respect outside their sheltered world. Heck, even Ann Coulter makes them look insignificant by each and every metric you named.”

But I think we both know that Frank was talking about expertise where it matters–namely, with the experts. What Ann Coulter thinks about cosmology matters to her readers, perhaps (and I am not one of them), but she don’t know diddley about tensor calculus.

If ID wants to get where it wants to go–namely, to overthrow “naturalism” (which can be defined in various ways, hence the quotation marks) — then it will need to produce science that’s better than the science that’s already there. Phil Johnson and others have said that it’s premature to expect ID to have a real alternative theory to teach in schools. (I was blasted some time ago here for saying that there is no alternative, but don’t blame the messenger.) It will continue to be premature until Frank’s comments are taken to heart, IMO.

I wonder if Davetard has the cojones to ban FBeckwith. And would Dembski then finally kick Dave out of the treehouse? My guess is yes to the first, and no to the second, because Dembski has the world's thinnest skin.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-290971

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:10   

Quote (olegt @ June 19 2008,06:35)

Dave counters:

2006 data are here.

NO, YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE HOMO!!

GWD DOESN'T JUST DO FUCKING BEND OVER I'LL INVADE YOUR WHOLE COUNTRY, YOU DIPSHIT.

HE IS THIS COUNTRY

WE DON'T NEED NO DEMOCRACY OF IDEAS AND MAY THE BEST ONE WIN. ID WILL WIN WHEN WE PURGE THE COURTS AND PURGE YOU TOO HOMO.

GWD KNOWS FAR MORE THAN ANY SCIENTIST, HE IS A FRIGGN GENIUS HE MAKES ME LOOK SMART...oh wait.

ANYWAY PURGINGS ARE MY FAV. FORM OF SCIENCE. I HAVE A PERFECT RECORD HERE AT UD (WHICH I DO GO OUT FROM ONCE IN A WHILE TO SHOP FOR MUSHROOMS THATS BECAUSE THE MUSHROOM LAB IS SHUTDOWN NOW). NOBODY CAN GET PAST MY IRON FIST. EVEN THE ONES TRAPED INSIDE UD. I CAN CHECK OUT BUT NEVER LEAVE.

YOU SEE. I CAN TELL STRAIGHT AWAY WHEN SOMEONE IS AN ATHEIST OR EVEN A TE. THAT MEANS MY BONER IS IN MY BACK. dt

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:12   

Quote (olegt @ June 18 2008,20:35)
Dave counters:

DaveTard measures 'success' in science by what George Bush and Ann Coulter believe. Words fail me.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:15   

EDIT:  Darn you, olegt, you beat me to it.  Don't you have students to oppress with your athiest, materialist ideology?

On a separate note, I guess it is a good thing Poachy got banninated yesterday.   That whole thread just screams for some of the Poachy touch.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:22   

I like how Beckwith shits all over the Gonzalez-the-Martyr meme:

For example, who was the genius who told Gulliermo Gonzales it was a good idea to remain a DI fellow and publish his book before he earned tenure? Everyone knew that this was an accident waiting to happen. Imagine if GG had received wise advice from friends to resign his DI fellowship, back off the ID stuff, publish more peer-reviewed articles, apply for more grants, etc. Do you think he would be at Grove City College now? I doubt it.

Ah, but Trib77 comes to the rescue with the accepted narrative:

Maybe Gonzales is just an honest fellow who saw nothing wrong/immoral/anti-science in doing so, and trusted his fellow academics to respect his freedom to investigate and publish and to associate with those having a like view.

I mean they always say the respect those things, right?

Guess Gonzales knows better now.

Once bitten, twice shy babe.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:24   

No increase in user points for one week. Did DO'L finally give up overwhelmingevidence?

Edit: data

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:30   

Quote (sparc @ June 18 2008,23:24)
No increase in user points for one week. Did DO'L finally give up overwhelmingevidence?

I wouldn't be surprised.  After all, John Davison showed up and started commenting.  The poor old fella seems to be something of a grim reaper for websites he decides to visit.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:33   

Quote (olegt @ June 18 2008,22:35)

2006 data are here.

I wonder how much prestige there is for megalomanical blog czars?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 18 2008,23:39   

Quote (Texas Teach @ June 19 2008,07:33)
I wonder how much prestige there is for megalomanical blog czars?

I CAN TELL YOU THAT RIGHT NOW WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING MY BLOG, HOMO!

JUST TRY POSTING HERE AT UD... dt

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,00:02   

The truly wonderful thing about Dembski's anti-TE jihad is how it seems to be highlighting even more than usual the underlying loser mentality of ID and just how remote they are from anything resembling science.

--------------

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,00:06   

Frank Beckwith shows why he didn't deserve tenure either:      

The only way Gonzales would have gotten tenure would have been if he'd:

A: Come up with some kind of idea for a research project.

B: Convinced granting agencies that the idea was worth funding.

C: Convinced telescope operators that his idea was good enough to get telescope time.

D: Had at least one grad student get his PhD.

Like it or not, that's the way big time astronomy is done nowadays.  Since he did none of these things, he was justifiably let go by Iowa and is now comfortably ensconced at Grove City College, whose expectations are hopefully low enough to suit Dr. Gonzales' ID-quality intellect.  

And every time Frank Beckwith fills our browsers with poorly researched IDtard, I realize that Baylor was right when they denied him tenure and they never should have gone back on their original decision.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,00:21   

DaveTard:    
George W. Bush is an ID advocate and he’s arguably the most powerful man in the world.

Reality:
US President George W Bush and his Pakistan counterpart Pervez Musharraf are regarded as most untrustworthy leaders in an opinion poll.

New York, June 17 : US President George W Bush and his Pakistan counterpart Pervez Musharraf are regarded as most untrustworthy leaders in an opinion poll.

Musharraf fared worst in the poll. Only in China, 37 percent of the people felt that he instilled confidence as a leader, outweighing 30 percent people's opinion, a poll conducted by Worldpublicopinion.org found.

Nigeria remained divided over the Pakistani leader and the other 18 nations gave negative reactions for him in a poll conducted in 20 countries including India.

Bush got positive ratings only from India and Nigeria while respondents in Thailand shared mixed views. People from 16 of the 20 countries gave thumbs down to the US President. He also received the highest average percentage of negative ratings (67 percent).

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was not far behind the two. He got negative ratings in 13 nations. Only three nations were slightly positive while one was divided.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,00:26   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 19 2008,08:02)
The truly wonderful thing about Dembski's anti-TE jihad is how it seems to be highlighting even more than usual the underlying loser mentality of ID and just how remote they are from anything resembling science.

So that's what welfare queens looked like 2000 years ago?

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,00:41   

Quote (CeilingCat @ June 19 2008,08:21)
DaveTard:    
George W. Bush is an ID advocate and he’s arguably the most powerful man in the world.

Reality:  
US President George W Bush and his Pakistan counterpart Pervez Musharraf are regarded as most untrustworthy leaders in an opinion poll.

New York, June 17 : US President George W Bush and his Pakistan counterpart Pervez Musharraf are regarded as most untrustworthy leaders in an opinion poll.

Musharraf fared worst in the poll. Only in China, 37 percent of the people felt that he instilled confidence as a leader, outweighing 30 percent people's opinion, a poll conducted by Worldpublicopinion.org found.

Nigeria remained divided over the Pakistani leader and the other 18 nations gave negative reactions for him in a poll conducted in 20 countries including India.

Bush got positive ratings only from India and Nigeria while respondents in Thailand shared mixed views. People from 16 of the 20 countries gave thumbs down to the US President. He also received the highest average percentage of negative ratings (67 percent).

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was not far behind the two. He got negative ratings in 13 nations. Only three nations were slightly positive while one was divided.

Yeah and come November it will be George W. Who?

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,00:48   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 19 2008,07:12)

Dave counters:

DaveTard measures 'success' in science by what George Bush and Ann Coulter believe. Words fail me.

Well he is an auto-diktat so his success doesn't need to be measured.

AND WORDS NEVER FAIL ME, HOMO!!! dt

--------------

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,01:22   

For those of you who have missed it, over at The Panda's Thumb, Reed Cartwright has intelligently designed DaveScot:
Howling Nightmare, Alouatta pandas, is a flying carnivore covered in hard armor and known for its powerful howls and painful bites. It typically hunts at night, ambushing large, slow herbivores while they sleep. A single pair can consume five thousand times their body weight during a breeding season to feed their ravenous brood. Although this secretive creature is rarely seen, its kills litter the landscape, while its frightening howls remind you that it is never far away.

I think that's a pretty good metaphor for Dave's activities.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,01:52   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 19 2008,09:22)
For those of you who have missed it, over at The Panda's Thumb, Reed Cartwright has intelligently designed DaveScot:

Howling Nightmare, Alouatta pandas, is a flying carnivore covered in hard armor and known for its powerful howls and painful bites. It typically hunts at night, ambushing large, slow herbivores while they sleep. A single pair can consume five thousand times their body weight during a breeding season to feed their ravenous brood. Although this secretive creature is rarely seen, its kills litter the landscape, while its frightening howls remind you that it is never far away.

I think that's a pretty good metaphor for Dave's activities.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT HOMOS.

IF I EVER BREED MY SUPER BRAIN INTO A VICIOUS INSATIABLE FLYING MACHINE PREYING ON MY ENEMIES LIKE SOME RAVENOUS GHOUL I WON'T CALL IT ALOTTA PANDAS I'LL CALL IT TYRANNO-PSITTACO MEGA-EGO HA HA HA I KILL ME SOMETIMES dt

--------------

Advocatus Diaboli

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,04:15   

Dr. Dr. Bill:

Frankly, I’d be delighted with such science standards. If students actually met them, they would know that evolutionary theory is bankrupt and that ID is a live scientific option

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....roposal

pubdef dares to ask the obvious:

Pardon me while I cut and paste unconnected sentences from your post, but I don’t think I’m misrepresenting anything here:

Students can explain in detail how evolutionary theory explains the Cambrian Explosion.

If students actually met them, they would know that evolutionary theory is bankrupt and that ID is a live scientific option.

I’d like to hear someone explain in detail (or even roughly) how ID explains the Cambrian Explosion.

--------------
I once thought that I made a mistake, but I was wrong.

"I freely admit I’m a sociopath" - DaveScot

"Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID." - scordova

"UD is the greatest website of all time." stevestory

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,04:38   

Sal seyz

The way you framed your question is wrong-headed. ID does not explain why or how….

What does ID explain then Sal? The entirey of Sal's post bears repeating

What does that have to do with the topic of the post?

In any case, how does the periodic table of chemistry explain the cambrian explosion?

The way you framed your question is wrong-headed. ID does not explain why or how….

You asked how, ID does not answer how….

So now I’ll ask you, how come there is no controversy over evolutionary theory when the fundamental theorem of natural selection argues that decreases diversity are needed in order to increase fitness….but there is so much biodiversity. How can you create more diversity by a process which relies on the removal of diversity?

Explain why there is no controversy over natural selection being the major cause of molecular evolution even though Kimura demonstrated that the majority cause of molecular evolution could not be from natural selection….

Explain why survival of the fittest is without controversy when in radiation labs or numerous other contexts in the wild this is demonstratably not true. For example, if we have a population of 10 individual and the next generation on average has 1000 more mutations than their parents, did the fittest really survive? No. And if lightning or cataclysms kill the most genetically superior individuals, did the fittest survive? No. So why is there no controversy again over Darwinian selection?

Has nobody ever told Sal it's rude to answer a question with a question!

What an inane point about lightning. So Darwin should have said "survival of the fittest, unless they get hit by a brick, obviously"?

I'm glad Dr Dr Dembski brought this up, the concept of an ID "lesson plan" is a great one to skewer them on.

Linky

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,05:45   

DaveTard seyz

For one thing ID explains how symbolic information came to be used in the machinery of life.

How? ID explains how? Does it indeed?

But Sal seyz

You asked how, ID does not answer how….

So who's right?
DaveTard

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,05:48   

The tard is strong today, DaveScot has all the answers:

idnet

lost the ability to exclude

Bingo! That’s the perfect way to put it. Give the man a cigar.
I wrote elsewhere that there’s probably a really good reason why E. coli in vivo doesn’t eat citrate in aerobic conditions. Obviously it’s easy enough to acquire the capability. Lenski’s relatively few petri dishes compared to the number of these bacteria in the wild demonstrates how trivial it is. Something is missing in vitro - something that will quickly kill this citrate eating strain in vivo. I suspect (common sense talking here) there is some molecule in the wild that is toxic to E. coli wherein the structure of that molecule is too close to citrate for the membrane transport enzyme (citrate permease) to discriminate between the toxin and citrate. If Lenski has any interest in the truth of the matter he’ll reintroduce his laboratory strain back into the wild and see how long it survives.

If you squint your eyes and drink a big bottle of Vodka DS almost sounds like a scientist.
Tard

EDIT: What a tard, from the blog post itself
This is a grand admission that the neo-Darwinian theory of evolution is 19th century junk science that was never supported by anything more than wishful thinking that science had provided an answer to one of nature’s deepest mysteries - the origin and diversification of life.

duh. I guess ID can now step in and provide the answers right DaveTard? No? Oh...

--------------
FTK

Gordon Mullings

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,06:51   

More scordova in the morning. Sal gets insulted  
At issue with Ken Miller specifically is he gets on TV and labels people like myself and my associastes as anti-science welfare queens. I’m a science student at Johns Hopkins. I have pro-ID friends who are PhD candidates in molecular genetics at top notch schools, and who are fearful of their career because they are systematically being labelled as dangers to the scientific establishment….

I think it is time for ERV to appear on the Colbert Report. Then we could hear some real insults, and all of them are richly deserved.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,07:09   

Quote (Albatrossity2 @ June 19 2008,14:51)
More scordova in the morning. Sal gets insulted    
At issue with Ken Miller specifically is he gets on TV and labels people like myself and my associastes as anti-science welfare queens. I’m a science student at Johns Hopkins. I have pro-ID friends who are PhD candidates in molecular genetics at top notch schools, and who are fearful of their career because they are systematically being labelled as dangers to the scientific establishment….

I think it is time for ERV to appear on the Colbert Report. Then we could hear some real insults, and all of them are richly deserved.

DAMN RIGHT HOMO!!

I'LL GIVE YOU A RICHLY DESERVED INSULT RIGHT NOW.

GWB IS AN ID SUPPORTER! SUCK ON THAT HOMO dt

--------------

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,07:17   

DaveScot:
I CAN prove that the genetic code is structured almost exactly like Morse code. There is nothing in the natural world except for DNA that is like Morse code. Why? Because both were designed by intelligent agents. Only intelligent agents create abstraction layers (symbols or tokens which represent something else).

Only semi-intelligent agents create circular arguments.  (And I'd love to see the proof that DNA is isomorphic to Morse code.)

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,07:39   

Sal writes:
ID does not explain why or how….

This is a slightly less eloquent way of saying
We believe that intelligent design is neither sound science nor good theology.

ISSR Statement on the Concept of 'Intelligent Design'

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

dogdidit

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,07:40   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 18 2008,23:12)

Dave counters:

DaveTard's life seems to be defined by man-crushes on higher echelon alpha males: Michael Dell, William Dembski, Craig Venter, George Bush, and Ann Coulter.

--------------
"Humans carry plants and animals all over the globe, thus introducing them to places they could never have reached on their own. That certainly increases biodiversity." - D'OL

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,07:45   

Quote (dogdidit @ June 19 2008,15:40)
Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 18 2008,23:12)

Dave counters:

DaveTard's life seems to be defined by man-crushes on higher echelon alpha males: Michael Dell, William Dembski, Craig Venter, George Bush, and Ann Coulter.

OK HOMO, NOW I'M GOING TO KISS YOU. dy

--------------

dheddle

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,08:04   

This is perhaps the only time I regret not being able to post on UD. Because, with my own ears, I have heard Miller say: "I am not a theistic evolutionist." I would like to see what the UDers have to say about that, since he is their TE bogeyman. They would have to turn on Collins, who is a much harder big-tent target.

--------------
Mysticism is a rational enterprise. Religion is not. The mystic has recognized something about the nature of consciousness prior to thought, and this recognition is susceptible to rational discussion. The mystic has reason for what he believes, and these reasons are empirical. --Sam Harris

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]