RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 962 963 964 965 966 [967] 968 969 970 971 972 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,13:33   

On the theistic evilutionist bloodletting thread, a commenter named Saint and Sinner slides along the edge of the razor blade.  

You know, it’s funny how the TE’s like to throw the “methodological naturalism” or “god-of-the-gaps” arguments to “refute ID” when, if those same (flawed) arguments were applied to the account of Christ’s resurrection, would completely destroy Christianity.

These guys are simply “useful idiots.”

Yep.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,13:33   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ June 13 2008,10:19)
WAD:

Theistic Evolutionists Close Ranks — Let the Bloodletting Begin!
William Dembski

WIKI:

Bloodletting was a tremendously popular medical practice from antiquity up to the late 19th century, a time span of almost 2,000 years. Bloodletting involves the withdrawal of often considerable quantities of blood from a patient in the hopeful belief that this would cure or prevent a great many illnesses and diseases. The practice, of unproven efficacy, has been abandoned for all except a few very specific conditions

Weird. Ok. "Let the bloodletting begin." Whatever you say, Bill.

I knew a fellow who was shot several times in his (very large) gut. When he looked down and saw all the blood, he had a heart attack. Because his heart wasn't doing much, he didn't bleed to death on the way to the hospital.

The shooting was the combination of mistaken identity, and a poor choice in friends.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

hooligans

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,14:35   

Perhaps one of the funniest posts I have ever read from Sal:
The general mood among my associates is that the Darwinists haven’t even begun to see what will be unleased on them. They’ve only been sparring with scouting parties so far, they haven’t seen yet a truly organized and large-scale assault yet, but they will…

The main reason a large-scale organized assult will happen is that the Darwinists no longer have a monopoly on the dissemination of information. Their tactics of censorship and intimidation don’t work like they used to….

Cheap access to the interenet and video and teleconferencing cannot be policed by them. These communication mediums are not yet even being fully leveraged, but they will be, and as they are leveraged the great Berlin Wall will collapse.

Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID.

This guy is so delusional it makes me laugh. He Sal, if you're going to win the youth over, how about starting by getting more than 1 comment per week at Overwhelming Evidence.

Another funny picture . . . misinformed youth speaking up in high school and college classes trying to show off how smart they got while watching some crazy preacher in the basement of their local church. Wow! Sal, I'm shaking in my boots already.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,15:00   

You can tell you're in for a treat when DLH tries to get sciency
Leaves have been found to regulate temperature to “around 21.4° Celsius plus or minus 2.2 degrees,” during photosynthesis. That appears to me to be a design to increase or optimize photosynthesis.

ID Hypothesis: Trees, and other biotic systems regulate leaf temperature to increase or optimize photosynthesis. There will be temperature and/or humidity sensors and transpiration regulation systems to achieve this temperature control.
Corollary: Net primary productivity would be substantially lower without such temperature regulation.
Global Warming Impact: This finding may invalidate tree ring temperature proxies in extrapolating to past temperatures to evaluate climate change.

I reckon he hadn't engaged his brain when he wrote tree ring proxies (the article he quotes mentions ratios of oxygen isotopes).  Based on past interactions, I predict he won't realise his mistake, and will bluster.  Or disappear and let someone else do the blustering.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,16:02   

Quote (hooligans @ June 13 2008,15:35)
The general mood among my associates is that the Darwinists haven’t even begun to see what will be unleased on them. They’ve only been sparring with scouting parties so far, they haven’t seen yet a truly organized and large-scale assault yet, but they will…

It's true that we haven't seen anything formidable from the ID movement yet....

...and with idiots like Nelson, Dembski, and Cordova in charge, we never will.

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,16:06   

Access to information is a double-edged sword.  Without teh interwebz, we'd never hear any farting noises from Dr. Dr. Dembski and would never have guessed that Gloppy is running the Evoinfo Lab.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,16:34   

Quote (olegt @ June 13 2008,16:06)
Access to information is a double-edged sword.  Without teh interwebz, we'd never hear any farting noises from Dr. Dr. Dembski and would never have guessed that Gloppy is running the Evoinfo Lab.

IT LEARNED ME THAT TEH ACLUS WAS STOPPING MARINES FROM TEH PRAYING.  :angry:

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2008,17:20   

Quote (stevestory @ June 13 2008,16:02)
Quote (hooligans @ June 13 2008,15:35)

It's true that we haven't seen anything formidable from the ID movement yet....

...and with idiots like Nelson, Dembski, and Cordova in charge, we never will.

Perhaps they simply misspelled large-scale asshole.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,01:05   

I guess I shouldn't go for the cheap laugh, especially in the context, and as Dave is being decent human being.  But...

DaveScot

06/13/2008

10:30 pm

Frost - a bit of fatherly advice from someone born on Christmas day 29 years before you. ...

So Frost was born in 29AD?

Link

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,02:13   

Quote (Bob O'H @ June 14 2008,01:05)
I guess I shouldn't go for the cheap laugh, especially in the context, and as Dave is being decent human being.  But...

DaveScot

06/13/2008

10:30 pm

Frost - a bit of fatherly advice from someone born on Christmas day 29 years before you. ...

So Frost was born in 29AD?

Link

Artist's sketch of conversation:

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,06:51   

Quote (Louis @ June 13 2008,11:27)

Quote (dvunkannon @ June 13 2008,16:37)
First time posting here, please be gentle...

I love reading DrDr on UD. This is one of his great "we are now advancing to the rear" messages. Having lost in actual science, in the courtrooms and in the legislatures, the Kulturkampf will be taken to the most important battleground, Vacation Bible School.

Bill's intellectual efforts have been narrowing down and ageing down for a while. So one prong of a uni-pronged approach is avoiding all possible interactions with scientifically trained/unsaved adults, and shore up the funding base.

The next stop is Bill teaming up with Jack Chick. I really can't wait.

Gentle? GENTLE!!!!!! Why youuuuuu......

.......are most welcome, good to have you on board. Hope you enjoy your stay!

;-)

Louis

dvunkannon, a word of advice ... Louis is a very nice man, but if he starts opening a jar of mayonnaise while humming "God Save the Queen", run for your life.  (He's English.)

Seizure Salad

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,12:04   

God didn't do it.

Considering this, I personally think it would have been better if we ended up looking kind of like Ridley Scott aliens.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,14:59   

Quote (Seizure Salad @ June 14 2008,13:04)
God didn't do it.

Considering this, I personally think it would have been better if we ended up looking kind of like Ridley Scott aliens.

How appropriate it is that her name is "Martins".

Edited by Lou FCD on June 14 2008,15:59

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Marion Delgado

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,17:04   

Quote (hooligans @ June 13 2008,14:35)

The main reason a large-scale organized assult will happen is that the Darwinists no longer have a monopoly on the dissemination of information. Their tactics of censorship and intimidation don’t work like they used to….

Cheap access to the interenet and video and teleconferencing cannot be policed by them. These communication mediums are not yet even being fully leveraged, but they will be, and as they are leveraged the great Berlin Wall will collapse.

Most importanly, the facts are on the side of ID.

This guy is so delusional it makes me laugh. He Sal, if you're going to win the youth over, how about starting by getting more than 1 comment per week at Overwhelming Evidence.

Another funny picture . . . misinformed youth speaking up in high school and college classes trying to show off how smart they got while watching some crazy preacher in the basement of their local church. Wow! Sal, I'm shaking in my boots already.

It's too much to expect that hooligans would appreciate Ms. O'Leary's tireless efforts at hard work:

(Highest Users - Overwhelming Evidence)

oleary 2206
SChen24 507
Patrick 336
BobMort 203
eric 148
quintilis 140
hblavatsky 125
TRoutMac 125
4freedom 79
wvit1001 72
terryf 66
mrskippy 66
siddigrl 63
TheMAN 60
quizzlestick 56
Mofi 46
Anhar_Miah 40
Mario Lopez 38
FiveStarLucky 36
HodorH 35
johnadavison 34
Joey Campana 30
HaEris 26
scutus 25
kpritc01 24
Sparky 23
Artifacts of Design 20
Jeffery 20
Tom 20
TReid 20

Also, I think Sal did a great job pointing out how stubbornly atheistic and lacking in bioinformatics Darwin really was: What Would Convince Darwin of Design

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,17:56   

Hi Marion,

We're well aware of the great effort Denyse is making.  I personally think that her prose is almost on par with Vogon poetry.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,18:14   

scordova: Recall that a certain Darwinist judge ruled that it is unconstitutional to:

denigrate or disparage the scientific theory of evolution

Judge Jones
Dover vs. Kitzmiller

No, scordova. That's not what the ruling said.

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District: To preserve the separation of church and state mandated by the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, and Art. I, § 3 of the Pennsylvania Constitution, we will enter an order permanently enjoining Defendants from maintaining the ID Policy in any school within the Dover Area School District, from requiring teachers to denigrate or disparage the scientific theory of evolution, and from requiring teachers to refer to a religious, alternative theory known as ID.

The court did *not* rule it unconstitutional to "denigrate or disparage the scientific theory of evolution". It ruled it was unconstitutional to *require* teachers to do so.

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

jeannot

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,18:36   

A quote-mine from Sal?

No, that can't be.  :p

OccamsAfterShave

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,18:44   

scordova: a certain Darwinist judge ruled that it is unconstitutional to:
In martyr Cordopa's mind, every word he and his community bravely utter violates the highest law of the land? No wonder his ego is measured in parsecs.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,19:27   

Quote (OccamsAfterShave @ June 14 2008,18:44)

scordova: a certain Darwinist judge ruled that it is unconstitutional to:
In martyr Cordopa's mind, every word he and his community bravely utter violates the highest law of the land? No wonder his ego is measured in parsecs.

Could you please change your screen name?  I have been posting here as Occam's Aftershave  since feb 06, and your name (identical except no apostrophe, no space) is way too close and confusing.  Thanks.

-the REAL Occam's Aftershave.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

sparc

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2008,22:22   

It's too much to expect that hooligans would appreciate Ms. O'Leary's tireless efforts at hard work:
(Highest Users - Overwhelming Evidence)

oleary 2206
Especially, when you compare these numbers with those of WMAD
WMAD    -15

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,05:07   

ID is making progress, Sal tells us how:

The Darwinists do not yet fully appreciate they are being slowly challenged in the avant guard of philosopy, movies, and literature –and not just by ID proponents.

[Recall for example, the irreverent treatment of Richard Dawkins in SouthPark where he is shown copulating with a transsexual after the transexaul tosses his/her/its feces on him. Dawkins basically falls in love with Mr. Garretson after Mr. Garretson poops on Dawkins...]

I'm no champion speller, but I have to wonder what Sal's problem is. Are we sure Sal is not an alien who's just been told about southpark and never actually seen it? It sure sounds like it.

In keeping with such delusion Sal also proudly announces a pro-ID film studio.

To get a flavor of the changes happening, visit this radically pro-ID film studio which had its unveiling at the Cannes Film Festival. See http://www.IJNP.org

INJP?

Oh, so ID is nothing to do with Jesus? Ok Sal, thanks for proving that again!

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Venus Mousetrap

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,08:06   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ June 15 2008,05:07)

The Darwinists do not yet fully appreciate they are being slowly challenged in the avant guard of philosopy, movies, and literature –and not just by ID proponents.

[Recall for example, the irreverent treatment of Richard Dawkins in SouthPark where he is shown copulating with a transsexual after the transexaul tosses his/her/its feces on him. Dawkins basically falls in love with Mr. Garretson after Mr. Garretson poops on Dawkins...]

I'm no champion speller, but I have to wonder what Sal's problem is. Are we sure Sal is not an alien who's just been told about southpark and never actually seen it? It sure sounds like it.

To get a flavor of the changes happening, visit this radically pro-ID film studio which had its unveiling at the Cannes Film Festival. See http://www.IJNP.org

INJP?

Oddly for South Park, that episode was very lacking in satire, and Dawkins pointed that out - it presented some of Dawkin's arguments, but it had nothing on the other side except Garrison being lewd and bitchy. They didn't do the research very well.

pzoot

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,08:52   

Quote (Venus Mousetrap @ June 15 2008,08:06)

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ June 15 2008,05:07)

INJP?

Oddly for South Park, that episode was very lacking in satire, and Dawkins pointed that out - it presented some of Dawkin's arguments, but it had nothing on the other side except Garrison being lewd and bitchy. They didn't do the research very well.

10) Effective witnessing requires preparation (1 Peter 3:15)
Our feature films and documentaries must always be well researched and backed by intellectual credulity

Good for you.

Link

See also

dnmlthr

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,10:15   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ June 15 2008,11:07)

INJP?

Figures. If you talk science with Sal you're bound to be Christrolled sooner or later.

--------------
Guess what? I don't give a flying f*ck how "science works" - Ftk

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,10:19   

Dr Dr Dumbskidore

A Catholic priest friend of mine attended Yale as an undergrad in the late 40s / early 50s. He found that the secret to getting an A on a paper was to assess four competing positions, sniff skeptically at three of them and then make sure to sneer at the remaining one.

Funny, that's their approach to altarboys too.

Dembski - the man who puts the anal in banal.

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,11:12   

Quote (dnmlthr @ June 15 2008,11:15)
Figures. If you talk science with Sal you're bound to be Christrolled sooner or later.

Usually sooner.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,12:50   

Behe gets moved to the clearance rack at Amazon:
The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism by Michael J. Behe (Hardcover - Jun 5, 2007) - Bargain Price
Buy new: $28.00 $6.99

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,14:09   

Deep thoughts from gpuccio:
Unfortunately, we have not a quantitative model for beauty, as we have for CSI. In a sense, beauty could be considered a special kind of functional specification, a special kind of meaning and of conscious recognition. The simplest quantitative aspect of beauty in art and nature of which I am aware is the widespread presence of the golden ratio both in works of art and in biological beings.

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,14:20   

[Cross-posted from the other Bill thread]

Hey, check out the cover of Bill's last book there! Bill's doing a product tie-in with Ben Stein!

You know, that hip and edgy thing that the kids dig these days.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2008,14:29   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ June 15 2008,06:07)
I'm no champion speller, but I have to wonder what Sal's problem is.

I suspect Salvador learned English late in life, as a second or third language.

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 962 963 964 965 966 [967] 968 969 970 971 972 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]