RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,12:28   

Quote (Richardthughes @ April 25 2008,09:56)
Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,02:20)
Quote (didymos @ April 25 2008,03:00)
UD:  Bastion of Free Speech for all and sundry:

BarryA

04/24/2008

10:08 pm

Arrrrg! My comments on my own post are going into moderation. When will it end?

Hopefully never. What would we do if the Uncommonly Dense Comedy Train ever came to an end?

It would be like the end of Ocean's 11. We'd all meet in Vegas, celebrate and then poignantly go our separate ways..

I don't care for Vegas. It's obnoxious. Meeting at Waterloo, Belgium would be appropriate, but too expensive. Meeting at Dover, Pennsylvania would be appropriate too, except that it's in rural Pennsylvania and who wants to go there?

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,12:31   

Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,13:28)
I don't care for Vegas. It's obnoxious.

I've never been, but I'm trying to arrange a trip to the next TAM which is in Vegas this June.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

dheddle

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:05   

Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,12:28)

I don't care for Vegas. It's obnoxious. Meeting at Waterloo, Belgium would be appropriate, but too expensive. Meeting at Dover, Pennsylvania would be appropriate too, except that it's in rural Pennsylvania and who wants to go there?

You could meet in Dover Delaware, instead. A symbolic link to the big event, and plus there is a great NASCAR track the--the Monster Mile.

http://www.doverspeedway.com/

--------------
Mysticism is a rational enterprise. Religion is not. The mystic has recognized something about the nature of consciousness prior to thought, and this recognition is susceptible to rational discussion. The mystic has reason for what he believes, and these reasons are empirical. --Sam Harris

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:09   

Quote (dheddle @ April 25 2008,13:05)

Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,12:28)

You could meet in Dover Delaware, instead. A symbolic link to the big event, and plus there is a great NASCAR track the--the Monster Mile.

I'd vote for Austin TX, so that we could invite DT and his dogs...

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:16   

Hey, Arden, this one is for you:

Gods iPod

04/25/2008

12:37 pm

I PERSONALLY have witnessed a bona-fide New Testament-level miracle.

I don’t expect you to believe on my say-so, but I have witnessed, not on a stage a hundred feet away, but less than 10 feet away, a woman’s leg grow about 1 1/2 inches. She was born with one leg shorter than the other. There was no song and dance, no raised voices, no spectacle, just a short request to God to heal her leg, and it did. In front of my eyes.

So yes, I believe in miracles.

You might be able to apply this to solving your, umm, little problem.  I know you need more than an inch and a half, but every little bit helps.  Go ahead.  Mrs. Chatterbox will thank you.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:24   

I'm prebouncing my comment to the bathroom wall...

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:28   

Gods iPod

04/25/2008

I don’t expect you to believe on my say-so, but I have witnessed, not on a stage a hundred feet away, but less than 10 feet away, a woman’s leg grow about 1 1/2 inches. She was born with one leg shorter than the other. There was no song and dance, no raised voices, no spectacle, just a short request to God to heal her leg, and it did. In front of my eyes.

Guess David Blaine isn't on God's Playlist.

--------------

Leftfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:37   

Quote (Lou FCD @ April 25 2008,13:28)

Gods iPod

04/25/2008

Guess David Blaine isn't on God's Playlist.

I wanted to reply to this one with my testimony regarding David Copperfield making an Air Force jet disappear on my tv, not ten feet from me, but my comments on UD seem to have been getting caught in the spam filter lately, so why bother.

Are they getting dumber, or am I just suffering a bout of TARD burnout?

--------------
Speaking for myself, I have long been confused . . .-Denyse O'Leary

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:51   

Quote (carlsonjok @ April 25 2008,11:16)
You might be able to apply this to solving your, umm, little problem.  I know you need more than an inch and a half, but every little bit helps.  Go ahead.  Mrs. Chatterbox will thank you.

I'll start taking your advice as soon as your wife starts complaining to me.   :)

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,13:55   

Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,10:28)

The staff cafeteria at Baylor?

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,14:06   

leftfield, speaking of miracles

JP only a materialist would suggest that just because someone is dead they cannot tell their story.

I have seen miracles myself. Some of you may remember the Statue of Liberty completely disappearing one night in the 1980s. How is THAT not a miracle?

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,14:09   

All science so far*

*If tinfoil-hat crackpot wooery qualifies. If it doesn't, we'll redefine science.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,14:45   

Quote (Richardthughes @ April 25 2008,14:09)
All science so far*

*If tinfoil-hat crackpot wooery qualifies. If it doesn't, we'll redefine science.

Is anybody else surprised kairosfocus hasn't come out of retirement for this?  I would think he could smell the tard wafting over the Caribbean.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,14:52   

Quote (Hermagoras @ April 25 2008,12:45)
All science so far*

Is anybody else surprised kairosfocus hasn't come out of retirement for this?  I would think he could smell the tard wafting over the Caribbean.

Paging batshit77... paging batshit77...

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

didymos

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,15:27   

All science so far*

Someone over there is posting under the nom de tard "Kairos", but so far, they've only hit a couple paragraphs tops per post, so it can't be the Real McTard.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron
Again "how much". I don't think that's a good way to be quantitative.-- gpuccio

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,15:47   

Quote (JohnW @ April 25 2008,14:52)

All science so far*

Paging batshit77... paging batshit77...

He's BA-A-A-ACK!!

I think Quantum Mechanics reveals the “miraculous” foundation upon which God has built our reality. For though Quantum events obey strict probabilistic rules that gives them a coherent structure in our reality, this does not detract, in any way, that the events are supernatural events in the first place, indeed they are blatantly defying our concepts of time and space every time we observe them happening in experiment.

There's more!

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,15:56   

The timing..... Miraculous!

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,20:33   

That whole, entire thread is a miracle!  It's a miracle that those people can chew gum and walk at the same time and dress themselves.

It's as if we are right back in the Middle Ages!  If I still had a puppet, I could make a lot of money selling to those rubes over there the old Sacred Fragments Of The One True Cross ™ that I happen to have handed down to me.  If there realy WERE a god, he would resurect one of my puppets from the Bannination Cave - or at least get me a Moses-Type Miracle™ like:  PharohDaveScot !  Let My Puppet Go!

Nothing like sitting around the cave fire swapping stories about the miracles the sun and rain gods do.  Or sitting around the pc swapping stories about the miracles that JC and his dad do for all The Good Christians.

And a Big Welcome Back to BA77 - Maybe the new meds are getting him a little relief from all those voices.  

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-262242

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

hereoisreal

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,22:42   

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelli....-262242

TomRiddle
04/25/2008
1:10 pm

"Miracles assume that God steps into the natural world and intervenes. Thats fine. However, I think people should not be so quick to assume this happens in our our lifetime. Maybe one in a 100 years?"

IMO, the 'natural world' is one infinitely big miracle composed of an infinite number of
little miracles.  That's because you were given an infinite mind just like your maker's.

8 x 88 = 704 (GOD)

http://hereoisreal.com

Zero

--------------
360  miracles and more at:
http://www.hereoisreal.com/....eal.com

Great news. God’s wife is pregnant! (Rev. 12:5)

It's not over till the fat lady sings! (Isa. 54:1 & Zec 9:9)

digitus impudicus

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,22:46   

Could someone for amusements' sake, provide me a link to the lair that William Wallace calls home?  

I am sure it is a dank and lonely place, but I feel I must visit it for the extreme TARD that UD cannot provide.

Xie Xie

hereoisreal

(Permalink) Posted: April 25 2008,23:17   

http://search.msn.com/results....allace+

[personal contact info removed -steve]

Edited by stevestory on April 26 2008,01:51

--------------
360  miracles and more at:
http://www.hereoisreal.com/....eal.com

Great news. God’s wife is pregnant! (Rev. 12:5)

It's not over till the fat lady sings! (Isa. 54:1 & Zec 9:9)

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,00:31   

Hero, that's a UK address and phone numbers.  I'm pretty sure the Wallace at UD is a Yank.  If you have an edit button I suggest you remove the contact information: I doubt the Wallaces of Surrey will appreciate being called in the middle of the night to be accused of tardary.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,00:52   

I took the contact info out because 'william wallace' is probably not an uncommon name or pseudonym, and I don't want this board complicit in harassing innocent people.

Reed

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,02:07   

Quote (digitus impudicus @ April 25 2008,20:46)
Could someone for amusements' sake, provide me a link to the lair that William Wallace calls home?  

I am sure it is a dank and lonely place, but I feel I must visit it for the extreme TARD that UD cannot provide.

Xie Xie

http://blog.coincidencetheories.com/ is what is linked from his profile in comments on ERV. It certainly seems packed with tardy nuggets, so it's probably the right one.

dnmlthr

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,03:41   

On another note, I'm fairly confident that we won't reach peak tard anytime soon.

Thus speaketh Fafarman

The song is a vow of poverty. Yoko Ono should lose all of John Lennon’s copyrights.

--------------
Guess what? I don't give a flying f*ck how "science works" - Ftk

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,06:51   

WAD on the irony of "Imagine":

Is “Imagine” Even Copyrightable?
William Dembski

Yoko Ono, as many readers of this blog by now know, is suing the producers of EXPELLED for using a brief clip of John Lennon’s song “Imagine.” One of the stanzas of the song reads:

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

Is it possible to copyright a song that disavows possessions (copyright being a form of possession)? Once Ono realizes the self-referential incoherence of her suit, I trust she’ll drop it.

Another irony: The principals at Premise Media are contemplating the first line of this verse.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Falk Macara

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,07:33   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ April 25 2008,14:06)

JP only a materialist would suggest that just because someone is dead they cannot tell their story.

I have seen miracles myself. Some of you may remember the Statue of Liberty completely disappearing one night in the 1980s. How is THAT not a miracle?

Hey, I remember that.

It was shortly after the pillsbury doughboy laid waste to the city, wasn't it?

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,07:40   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ April 25 2008,19:51)
[SNIP IMAGE]

I'll start taking your advice as soon as your wife starts complaining to me.   :)

I happen to know that Mrs NoLarjCoks is very, very sweet and tolerant. Take her lack of complaint with a pinch of salt.

After all, she was kind to Richard Hughes who is, and I cannot emphasise this strongly enough, as attractive to women as a particularly nasty road accident between a busload of haemophiliacs and a lorry transporting rotten silage and hypodermic syringes full of warfarin.

I know. Kristine told me. And she's a witch so it must be true.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,07:41   

Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,18:28)
Quote (Richardthughes @ April 25 2008,09:56)
Quote (stevestory @ April 25 2008,02:20)

Quote (didymos @ April 25 2008,03:00)
UD:  Bastion of Free Speech for all and sundry:

BarryA

04/24/2008

10:08 pm

Arrrrg! My comments on my own post are going into moderation. When will it end?

Hopefully never. What would we do if the Uncommonly Dense Comedy Train ever came to an end?

It would be like the end of Ocean's 11. We'd all meet in Vegas, celebrate and then poignantly go our separate ways..

Bloody parochial Yanks.

How about Jerusalem. After all the lack of a mental asylum there a few thousand years ago has famously lead to all sorts of bother. ;-)

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: April 26 2008,08:16   

Quote (Falk Macara @ April 26 2008,08:33)
Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,April 25 2008,14:06)

Hey, I remember that.

It was shortly after the pillsbury doughboy laid waste to the city, wasn't it?

You might be thinking of his twin brother, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man who did in fact lay waste to the city in 1984.

Edited for speeelingus.

Edited by Lou FCD on April 26 2008,09:17

--------------

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]