RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < ... 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,11:30   

Chief of Police to Montserrat Attorney General (looking out the window): "Oh fuck! Here comes that nut Mullings again. And he's got some kind of a picture. Let's go out the back door right now!"

Montserrat Attorney General to Chief of Police (heading rapidly towards back door): "Bydand!"

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,11:31   

Page bump.

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,16:03   

A Gene is toying with Barry:
Quote (A Gene @ August 28 2012, 2:38 pm)
Barry, we can give reasons for why 99=81. Its also not self-evident (we have to learn our multiplication tables). So the two arent comparable.

BTW, I trust you know that 99=23 is correct, even if for a slightly odd reason.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

BillB

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,16:13   

Quote (keiths @ Aug. 28 2012,22:03)
Barry, we can give reasons for why 99=81. Its also not self-evident (we have to learn our multiplication tables). So the two arent comparable.

Goddamit, I wish I was better at maths.

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,16:20   

Quote (BillB @ Aug. 28 2012,17:13)

Base 39?

--------------
Im referring to evolution, not changes in allele frequencies. - Cornelius Hunter
Im not an evolutionist, Im a change in allele frequentist! - Nakashima

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,16:22   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Aug. 28 2012,08:38)
Quote (The whole truth @ Aug. 27 2012,18:22)
gordo's spittle:

In addition, are you aware that one of these denizens has operated a photography business that openly posts NSW pictures, including of a suspiciously youthful young miss whom the then deputy commissioner of police here estimated to be 16 YO at most (never mind that persons assertion that she was 23). And yes, operators and denizens of said site, I spoke with both the Police and the Attorney generals Office here.

Suspiciously youthful? Oh shit, now there's a crime, and especially because the deputy commissioner of police in fucking MONTSERRAT "estimated" the woman to be "16 YO at most".

Yeah, never mind that person's "assertion" that she was 23, just take the alleged assertion of an alleged estimate by an alleged deputy commissioner of police in fucking Montserrat as FACT, as alleged by a raving, LYING lunatic named gordon elliott mullings.

Hey gordo, did you show the picture to the deputy commissioner of police and the attorney general's "office" (in fucking MONTSERRAT) on your laptop or did you print it and show the print around? Did you study the picture carefully day and night at all hours of day and night so that you could "explain in a bit more details"? Did you also show it to your murderous friends and ask them for their estimate of the woman's age?

Exposed tits offend you (or so you preach) but 'owning' friends who are murderers (and who knows what else) doesn't. Yeah, makes perfect sense, for a two-faced nutcase like you.

By the way gordo, what exactly are the deputy commissioner of police and attorney general's office (in fucking Montserrat) going to do in their official capacity (ROFLMAO) about the picture you showed them? Hang it on their office walls or keep it on file in their computers (like you) so that they too can study a bit more details day and night at all hours of day and night?

Funny that this comes up. There's an interesting article at MSN right now about the real ages of actors playing high school roles.

The best one was the guy who played Miley Cyrus' brother in her TV show. He was supposed to be playing a high school senior. His actual age at the time was 29.

KF, there's quite a few lovely ladies on that list too. Many are playing 16-17 year-olds and every one is over the age of 25.

Estimations SUCK. That's why science doesn't do it.

I once met a woman who asked me how old I was. I said "How old do you think I am?" She took a long look at me and said "Well, you have fewer wrinkles than I do and I'm 29, so you must be.....24?" I was 40.

When I was 41 I went into a tavern and the young doorman wanted to see my ID. I said "I'm old enough to be your dad." He laughed as though I was crazy and said "I still want to see it." I showed him my driver's license and when he saw how old I was he said "You ARE old enough to be my dad."

About six months later I was carded by a different doorman in the same tavern.

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

eigenstate

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,16:45   

So, Barry is using "9x9=81" as his example of "self-evident"???

Even for a tard-mine, this is pretty precious.

"9x9=81" is a perfect example of what is NOT self-evident. We may recognize the answer by familiarity, but only as the product of working it out previously (learning your multiplication tables as a kid, typically). The "mathematical truth" of "9x9=81" can be demonstrated by applying the math rules, but that is the only basis for its truth. There's perfectly NOTHING "self-evident" about the symbols, the rules, or the truth of the statement.

Consider:

"the square root of of 35,408,973 is greater than 5,000"

That's a true statement, and it's exactly as "self-evident" as Barry's "9x9=81". It's evaluated based on simple calculations, but it must be calculated, the very negation of "self-evidence".

Never mind that Barry's choice confuses analytically true propositions (true by definition and rule) with propositions about the real world. Tautologies are true by definition. Barry clearly does not have a basic understanding of the terms he is using, here. He's thinking it's something like "demonstrably true" or "indisputable", but this is not what "self-evident" signifies.

If I see something that has a "tree-like" appearance, it may or may not be a tree. But whatever the case about the kind of object that is appearing to me, it is "self-evident" that I am experiencing a "tree-like" appearance. It's transcendentally true that I'm having such an experience on any further question of what that "tree-like" appearance actually represents in the extra-mental world.

Just sayin'. I'm just amazed, not that Barry would bungle his presentation so badly, but that UD has gotten to a point that no one, or just the odd outlier is in a position to point out the conspicuous FAIL on Arrington's part. UD is migrating toward a "North Korean" model of tard mining, where there's no one left to even point out the silliness on the critics' side, silliness that's trivially identified.

Fools.

OnEdit: I see BillB has linked to a comment from "A Gene" which does point this basic problem out to Barry. Kudos to "A Gene", and a nod to BillB for the link. Should have read the whole thread here before I posted.

Edited by eigenstate on Aug. 28 2012,16:47

eigenstate

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,16:58   

Quote (dvunkannon @ Aug. 28 2012,16:20)
Quote (BillB @ Aug. 28 2012,17:13)

Base 39?

In hexadecimal, which is how I think/have thought for substantial parts of my programming work, 09 x 09=51 (as a convention, hex is written with a leading 0 for padding single digits). I never learned hexadecimal multiplication tables as a grade schooler, but through regular use, I know most of the hex multiplications up to 0F x 0F (=E1) by sight recognition -- too much working with binary file format coding back in the day! -- but they are not "self-evident". They are, rather, just familiar.

Would Barry say 0Fx 0F = E1 or 09 x 09 = 51 is "self-evident"? I think merely considering that question, once he understood what math was being presented, would make clear his error.

Fool.

Freddie

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,17:07   

For crying out loud, KF
Obviously, T has failed to do basic homework and does not know that Dawkins has admitted that Weasel is a pre-loaded targetted search. Cf here.

How many times will you try and make it seem as if Dawkins was ever hiding something when he was indeed quite up front about what Weasel was intended for. There's a word for what you are doing ... one you use very often with respect to people who just disagree with you.

The whole point of Weasel is not the target, it is to demonstrate the power of cumulative selection over 'single-step selection' - i.e. the creationists stupid tornado in a junkyard sketch. And of course, as your BFF Joe states, ID is not anti-evolution (although he has never really stated what he means by this - perhaps KF can tell us?) so you and he both should be happy with the concept of cumulative selection, no? Get over it - the world has moved on from Weasel in the last 26 years since he published, apparently you haven't.

--------------
Joe: Most criticisims of ID stem from ignorance and jealousy.
Joe: As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.
Byers: The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,18:38   

Barry Arrington: On Self Evident Moral Truth
Barry Arrington: A materialist can do many things. But one of the things he cannot do is affirm the existence of an objective transcendent moral standard, because if materialism is true there is nothing upon which to base such a standard.

Ugh. Total incoherence. If something is self-evident, it's not objectiveby definition.

Consider someone who knows how to reason, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Notice that the author doesn't claim anything other than what he and his colleagues find to be self-evident. Indeed, they were quite aware that others, such as King George III, did not agree. However, if you accept the premiseand many people did and do, the syllogism contained in the Declaration of Independence makes for a powerful argument.

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,19:00   

Quote (Zachriel @ Aug. 28 2012,18:38)
Barry Arrington: On Self Evident Moral Truth
Barry Arrington: A materialist can do many things. But one of the things he cannot do is affirm the existence of an objective transcendent moral standard, because if materialism is true there is nothing upon which to base such a standard.

Ugh. Total incoherence. If something is self-evident, it's not objectiveby definition.

Consider someone who knows how to reason, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Notice that the author doesn't claim anything other than what he and his colleagues find to be self-evident. Indeed, they were quite aware that others, such as King George III, did not agree. However, if you accept the premiseand many people did and do, the syllogism contained in the Declaration of Independence makes for a powerful argument.

I actually agree with barry.  There is no transcendent moral standard.  Maybe I should get another UD account and say so.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,19:02   

Quote (eigenstate @ Aug. 28 2012,14:45)
I'm just amazed, not that Barry would bungle his presentation so badly, but that UD has gotten to a point that no one, or just the odd outlier is in a position to point out the conspicuous FAIL on Arrington's part. UD is migrating toward a "North Korean" model of tard mining, where there's no one left to even point out the silliness on the critics' side, silliness that's trivially identified.

UD is Dunning-Kruger writ large. Not only is Arrington too stupid to recognize his own incompetence, he bullies and bans the people who do recognize it -- even on his own side.

The result is a wild tardaganza that entertains his critics and makes his allies cringe.

Good job, Barry.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2012,19:34   

Barry Arrington: ... objective transcendent moral standard ...

Same problem.

Objective and transcendent are inconsistent, objective being in the realm of sensible experience, while transcendent is beyond sensible experience.

-Merriam-Webster

objective, in the realm of sensible experience independent of individual thought and perceptible by all observers.

transcendent, extending or lying beyond the limits of ordinary experience.

self-evident, evident without proof or reasoning.

-
Demessification edit failure.

Edited by Zachriel on Aug. 28 2012,19:43

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,02:18   

Gordon's derranged rants have been quite good recently, but I miss the nuke-tripwire:

Sorry, you tripped a nuke trip-wire there, and you cannot take it back now or pretend that a nuh nutten. Its bydand time.

(And yes, TWT, Y and ilk at Anti Evo and similar fever swamp hangouts, you may want to say that this is not so, but to any person thinking with common good sense, we know you by name, we know where you are and we know those who you care for is a mafioso style threat. When you played outing tactics, and made gross and slanderous false accusations then backed them up with such a threat, you crossed a nuke trip wire. One that cannot be taken back.)

Exposed in blood libel.

Yes, Blood Libel.

I repeat, to drive the point home: BLOOD LIBEL.

This is no little rhetorical game.

You are playing with a nuke tripwire here.

And, BTW, Timbo, in the teeth of corrective information, you just classified yourself as not being serious and informed, for you actually managed to put yourself on the side of promoting the blood libel slander. (Onlookers, note absolutely no sign of serious or fair-minded interaction with the serious issues.)

(Lets just say that those who recently tried to hold my wife and children hostage by playing outing games crossed a nuke tripwire. In case they have forgotten, UK law is quite stringent on making threats, and religious hostility is an aggravating factor in what you Americans call the penalty phase.)

Bydand . . .

(BREAK IN TRANSMISSION: When you trip a nuke threshold TWT and Y, that cannot be taken back or whistled by in the dark; FYI, prior complaint is to be duly and formally entered this week upcoming. MF, on consultation, I will follow up with you[ let's see if we can build principles of detente. TWT and ilk [DK this evcidently includes you], a word. TWT, since you in particular evidently doan know A from bull foot about Marxism, its death toll and its mutant varieties [and Alinsky-ism fits in here], if nukes are now in play, you have to find a way not to blow up the world. And BTW, TWT, FYFI on what seemed to excite you into tripping the nuke wire by trying an outing stunt: soteriological inclusivism is a view popularised by CS Lewis in Chronicles of Narnia that per the principles of judgement by light in Rom 2 etc, God welcomes the sincere and penitent of all backgrounds; no comfort of course to those who willfully resist the truth or the right they know or should know. Amplifying, FWIW, I fully expect to see some Muslims, some Buddhists, some animists etc rubbing shoulders with some Jews and some Christians as we walk the proverbial golden streets. So, your sophomoric fulminations and imagined justification for making a mafioso style threat against my family evaporate, exposing your bigotry, want of basic research on what you rage against in ignorance, leaving behind only the aggravating factor of anti-religious hostility on the base charge of cyberstalking.)

[QUOTE][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Genius.

Edited by Richardthughes on Aug. 29 2012,02:23

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,03:50   

Gordo:
(Lets just say that those who recently tried to hold my wife and children hostage by playing outing games crossed a nuke tripwire. In case they have forgotten, UK law is quite stringent on making threats, and religious hostility is an aggravating factor in what you Americans call the penalty phase.)

Bydand . . .

Is Gordon religious? I thought he was just a natural asshole.

paragwinn

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,05:18   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Aug. 29 2012,01:50)
Gordo:  

Bydand . . .

Is Gordon religious? I thought he was just a natural asshole.

emergent or designed? looks designed to me...

F/N: KF, when do i get to be the subject of one of your threads at UD?

eta: reworded request for 15 minutes of fame.

--------------
All women build up a resistance [to male condescension]. Apparently, ID did not predict that. -Kristine 4-19-11
F/Ns to F/Ns to F/Ns etc. The whole thing is F/N ridiculous -Seversky on KF footnote fetish 8-20-11
Sigh. Really Bill? - Barry Arrington

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,07:18   

You gotta touch the tripwire. Who knew, after all these years, that the nuclear insult  would be mistaking him for Barry? At least in mod powers.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,09:05   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 29 2012,08:18)
You gotta touch the tripwire. Who knew, after all these years, that the nuclear insult would be mistaking him for Barry? At least in mod powers.

Was it Henry Kissinger that said that academic disputes are so vicious because so little is at stake?

--------------
Im referring to evolution, not changes in allele frequencies. - Cornelius Hunter

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,09:38   

Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 29 2012,01:07)
For crying out loud, KF

Obviously, T has failed to do basic homework and does not know that Dawkins has admitted that Weasel is a pre-loaded targetted search. Cf here.

How many times will you try and make it seem as if Dawkins was ever hiding something when he was indeed quite up front about what Weasel was intended for. There's a word for what you are doing ... one you use very often with respect to people who just disagree with you.

The whole point of Weasel is not the target, it is to demonstrate the power of cumulative selection over 'single-step selection' - i.e. the creationists stupid tornado in a junkyard sketch. And of course, as your BFF Joe states, ID is not anti-evolution (although he has never really stated what he means by this - perhaps KF can tell us?) so you and he both should be happy with the concept of cumulative selection, no? Get over it - the world has moved on from Weasel in the last 26 years since he published, apparently you haven't.

k.e. dusts off his dave tard chaps.

OK! HOMO GIRLYMAN LISTEN UP

....JUST STOP RIGHT THERE.

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME AN FPGA OR SOME ODD COLLECTION OF PRELOADED SYMBOLIC OBJECTS COULD BE CO-OPTED TO DO SOMETHING THE DESIGNERS HAD NO IDEA COULD BE DONE JUST BY RUNNING A FRIKKEN GA?

YOU! MY SON ARE LIVING IN CLOUD CUCKOO PRELOADED LAND!!!!

WHEN WILL YOU CHANCE BELIEVERS REALIZE THAT RANDOM SELECTION AND THAT OTHER THING YOU DARWINISTS ARE SO FOND OF ..... DEATH BY TEH CRUEL JAWS OF A PRELOADED DEMOCRAT OR THE TAKING OF ONES CONCEALED PRELOADED GUN BY A LESBIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL ARE REAL AND MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE?!!!!

AS AN AGNOSTIC CHAINSAW AND PRELOADED GUN BLUE HORDER I BESEECH ALL THAT I HOLD PROUD TO BE A TEXAN.

BARRY IS DOING A BETTER JOB THAN ME, ME, ME AND I WISH HIM PRELOADED 'ELL.

THATS ALL FOR NOW.

©dave tard

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,10:54   

I'm schizophrenic. I keep hearing a loudspeaker in the ceiling.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/science....-431734

But apparently it's not to be found.

Edited by midwifetoad on Aug. 29 2012,10:57

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

damitall

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,11:41   

UD seems to have transmogrified into the kf'n'Joe show.

Must be a nightmare for any remaining rational supporters of ID

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,11:48   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 29 2012,11:54)

[URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/science/for-record-questions-on-the-logical-and-scientific-status-of-design-theory-for-objectors-a

nd-supporters/#comment-431734]http://www.uncommondescent.com/science....-431734[/URL]

Remove the <BR> tag from the middle of your URL, and it will be revealed to you.

--------------

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,11:59   

Quote (damitall @ Aug. 29 2012,11:41)
UD seems to have transmogrified into the kf'n'Joe show.

Must be a nightmare for any remaining rational supporters of ID

Mmmm - somehow I doubt it was intended as a personal megaphone for the perennially outraged, or shelter for trolls on their final final final final final final warning.

UK readers of a certain age may recall the Spitting Image puppets of David Owen and David Steel, which pop into my mind at intervals these days...

Edited by Soapy Sam on Aug. 29 2012,12:06

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,” you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,13:22   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 29 2012,11:54)

http://www.uncommondescent.com/science....-431734

I've been trying to stay off the hard stuff, but I did follow that link (shorter version here).  I nearly choked on my lunch from laughing, thanks.

I know I'm supposed to show compassion to all living things, but I must admit to very momentarily being amused by the mental image of kairosfocus' apoplexy.

It's interesting that the time between refusing to answer a question and claiming to have already answered it (without, of course, providing a reference) is getting shorter over there.  The period was a week or two when I was trying to get them to compute CSI, it seems to be on the order of hours now.

The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,13:41   

[quote=Richardthughes,Aug. 29 2012,00:18]Gordon's derranged rants have been quite good recently, but I miss the nuke-tripwire:

Sorry, you tripped a nuke trip-wire there, and you cannot take it back now or pretend that a nuh nutten. Its bydand time.

(And yes, TWT, Y and ilk at Anti Evo and similar fever swamp hangouts, you may want to say that this is not so, but to any person thinking with common good sense, we know you by name, we know where you are and we know those who you care for is a mafioso style threat. When you played outing tactics, and made gross and slanderous false accusations then backed them up with such a threat, you crossed a nuke trip wire. One that cannot be taken back.)

Exposed in blood libel.

Yes, Blood Libel.

And, BTW, Timbo, in the teeth of corrective information, you just classified yourself as not being serious and informed, for you actually managed to put yourself on the side of promoting the blood libel slander. (Onlookers, note absolutely no sign of serious or fair-minded interaction with the serious issues.)

Bydand . . .

(BREAK IN TRANSMISSION: When you trip a nuke threshold TWT and Y, that cannot be taken back or whistled by in the dark; FYI, prior complaint is to be duly and formally entered this week upcoming. MF, on consultation, I will follow up with you[ let's see if we can build principles of detente. TWT and ilk [DK this evcidently includes you], a word. TWT, since you in particular evidently doan know A from bull foot about Marxism, its death toll and its mutant varieties [and Alinsky-ism fits in here], if nukes are now in play, you have to find a way not to blow up the world. And BTW, TWT, FYFI on what seemed to excite you into tripping the nuke wire by trying an outing stunt: soteriological inclusivism is a view popularised by CS Lewis in Chronicles of Narnia that per the principles of judgement by light in Rom 2 etc, God welcomes the sincere and penitent of all backgrounds; no comfort of course to those who willfully resist the truth or the right they know or should know. Amplifying, FWIW, I fully expect to see some Muslims, some Buddhists, some animists etc rubbing shoulders with some Jews and some Christians as we walk the proverbial golden streets. So, your sophomoric fulminations and imagined justification for making a mafioso style threat against my family evaporate, exposing your bigotry, want of basic research on what you rage against in ignorance, leaving behind only the aggravating factor of anti-religious hostility on the base charge of cyberstalking.)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Genius.

So, gordo is threatening to "nuke" me and "Y and ilk at Anti Evo and similar fever swamp hangouts".

Who is "Y"?

Where did gordo puke up that mess?

Hey gordo, I'm laughing at you and your "bydand time", you gutless bloviating nutcase.

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,14:00   

Dembski, in a KF-length ENV post:
Some searches do better, indeed much better, than blind search, and when they do, it is because they are making use of target-specific information.

In this case, target = reality...

Classic UD in the post there. DDrr.. Dembski breaks into the middle of the Barry/KF/Joe circus, offering a reminder of how irrelevant KF is, and is immediately spammed by BA^77!

--------------

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,14:09   

Quote (The whole truth @ Aug. 29 2012,14:41)
[quote=Richardthughes,Aug. 29 2012,00:18]Gordon's derranged rants have been quite good recently, but I miss the nuke-tripwire:

Exposed in blood libel.

Yes, Blood Libel.

Bydand . . .

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Genius.

So, gordo is threatening to "nuke" me and "Y and ilk at Anti Evo and similar fever swamp hangouts".

Who is "Y"?

Where did gordo puke up that mess?

Hey gordo, I'm laughing at you and your "bydand time", you gutless bloviating nutcase.

nahh, GEM of garden-hose and golf ball capital Manjack Heights is saying that provoking him is making him go to a 'nuclear' level of outrage which cannot be ignored later - you must MUST stop and apologize.

--------------

Freddie

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,14:52   

Hands off ... it's my sig line okay. Mine, all mine ... first dibs and all that!
Joe:
Well dr who has responded to me but the response is totally evidence-free.

Earth to dr who- that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence- hitchens

As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.

--------------
Joe: Most criticisims of ID stem from ignorance and jealousy.
Joe: As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.
Byers: The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,15:10   

Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 29 2012,14:52)
Hands off ... it's my sig line okay. Mine, all mine ... first dibs and all that!
Joe:

Earth to dr who- that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence- hitchens

As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.

Of course the sig is much more ironic given the line from Hitchens that is included. I mean really...where exactly is that evidence that Moses wrote anything, let alone anything in the OT, Joe?

Oh my...look at that...I'm dismissing Joe's substantiation-free claim without evidence. :D

ETA: Punctuation

Edited by Robin on Aug. 29 2012,15:11

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed. Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 29 2012,15:19   

Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 29 2012,15:52)
Joe:

You might have thought that Jeremiah was written by Jeremiah, Amos by Amos, the Song of Solomon by Solomon, the Psalms by David, Asaph et al.

Will someone please ask Joe who wrote the Book of Hezekiah?

--------------

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < ... 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]