RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (25) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... >   
  Topic: The "I Believe In God" Thread, You may know him from "Panda's Thumb"...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,19:29   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 05 2011,18:55)
Omniscience (pronounced /?m?n?si?ns/)[1] (or omniscient point-of-view in writing) is the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc. In monotheism, this ability is attributed to God.
(wikipedia)

That's the perfect fore-knowlege that I apply to God.

And yes, if God does exist, then I 100% blame him for me being atheist.  His followers are poor examples of Christian piety (which actually doesn't exist BTW, goes with that 'evangelical' thing).  He made His book WRONG and gave it to fallible, petty, power-mad men to control.

If we don't have free-will, then God decided my fate LONG before I came along, which isn't exactly fair.

Look, if God has omniscience and omnipotence, then either everyone or everything else does or does not have free will.

If we have free will, then God cannot be omniscient AND benevolent at the same time... especially considering his own followers.  If we have free-will, then you should be perfectly willing to pray for God to heal the (otherwise incurable) disease of your choice.  You don't because you KNOW that God will not answer such a prayer.

You can couch it in whatever terms you want, but you good and well know that He will not answer such a prayer.

You're too chicken to realize this.  You don't believe the Bible is true, because you either ignore what it says, or say that part is metaphorical.  You don't believe Matthew 17:20 where  Jesus says:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Either no one is a good enough believer to truly use God's power or God doesn't exist.

He may exist, of course, and not give a rat's left testicle about this universe.

In any case I have presented, and you haven't presented any counter cases yet, prayer is effectively useless.  Either you can do it on your own (or with merely human help) or you won't get what you pray for.

If God exists, then He doesn't give a shit about you either.

IBIG, you couldn't be more wrong.  I am the happiest I have ever been in my life.  I am more than happy, too, to show the world how truly sick, evil, twisted, power-hungry, and moronic your religion is.  I enjoy it.

I don't hate God.  You can't hate something that doesn't exist.  I hate that it has turned many, many people (including you) into slabbering morons.  You have no concept of what it like to be free of the fears created by your religion.

I can do any positive thing you can do and I can do it better, because I'm not doing it out of fear (i.e. extortion), I'm doing it because I want to.  There is nothing that you can do to help this world that I can't do.  

But there are many, many thing you can do to destroy the world that I can't.  You can destroy science by perverting it and lying about it.  You can destroy families by converting one and having them shun the others.  You can destroy countries and peoples, even genocide, by converting governments into Theocratic monstrosities.  You can create slaves, even today, of young people, especially women telling them what they can and can't do, even with there own bodies and lives.

I can't do any of that.  All I can tell people is the truth.  And that simple truth is, if God is even real, He doesn't give a shit about this planet.

Heck, I'll stay an atheist, just to show you that you're God can't convert me.  Let's see who wins me or your God.

BTW: Do you believe Matthew 17:20 or not?

Here is the problem with your argument, you can just as I type on this computer can become a follower of Christ. It is a choice that you have and will have until you die. Now if you state that God knew that you would be an atheist, then I would agree that He did foreknow, but you like I were born in a fallen earth, and God chooses not to intervene in our lives until we let Him, so is there still hope for you, yes there most certainly is! God created man, and did it so that man would have his own mind, his own free will.

Again you seem to think that God is on trial here, that He must heal diseases just to demonstrate to you and everyone on Panda's Thumb that He is real. God is sovereign, and He can do anything that He wants. You and I are the ones on trial not God. If I'm wrong then I did and go to dust, but if you are wrong then you go to Hell for all eternity.

I am praying that God will use whatever is necessary to bring you to repentance.

Now let me ask you this: you state that you can't hate something that doesn't exist. Tell me, do you have complete knowledge of everything in the universe? Do you have complete knowledge that there is anything beyond the universe? If so it is irrational for you to make such a statement.

I don't do anything out of fear, I serve a God who loves me and I do everything out of love for Him. The only fear I have is being separated from Him, I would never want to live a life separated from His presence. That would be complete and total despair and misery.

I do believe Matthew 17:20, maybe this will help:

Matthew 17:20
Next Verse

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Note 2 at Mt 17:20: The disciples' unbelief in this instance was not a disbelief that God's power could produce deliverance (see note 1 at Lu 9:41), but rather, it was a "natural" kind of unbelief that came from hardened hearts (see note 10 at Mr 6:52) that were more sensitive to what they saw (Mr 9:20) than to what they believed.

Note 3 at Mt 17:20: Jesus did not say that the reason these disciples could not cast this demon out was because they didn't have faith but rather because they had unbelief. On the contrary, Jesus stated that a very small amount of faith (the size of a "mustard seed") was sufficient to remove a mountain if no unbelief was present to hinder it.

Most of us have the concept that we either have faith or unbelief but that we can't have both at the same time. However, Jesus told Jairus to "believe only" (Lu 8:50) implying that faith and fear can operate in us at the same time. This was also the reason James said not to be double-minded (Jas 1:5-8). We can be thinking faith yet having thoughts of unbelief at the same time.

As explained in note 1 at Mt 17:19, these disciples did have faith to cast this demon out, and they exercised that faith but didn't see the same results that they had seen before. This was why they were concerned and asked Jesus what the problem was. They wouldn't have asked if they had not believed. They did have faith, the same faith that had effected many other deliverances. The problem wasn't their faith but rather their unbelief.

Every believer has been given "the measure of faith," but unbelief negates it. It's like hooking a team of horses up to a heavy weight and having them pull it. The weight will move. But if an equal team of horses is hooked up to the same weight and pull in the opposite direction at the same time, although great force may be exerted, the weight won't move. Likewise, unbelief counterbalances our faith. If we will just remove the unbelief, a mustard-seed amount of faith will be sufficient to move our problems.

Instead of trying to build huge amounts of faith to overcome our fears and unbelief, a simpler method is to remove our fears by cutting off their source; then our simple, "child-like" faith that remains will do the job. It doesn't take big faith, just pure faith.

Those of us who tolerate high levels of unbelief in our lives will never be able to build our faith big enough to overcome unbelief's negative force. The only way we can receive is to get others to mix their faith with ours or draw on one of the supernatural ministry gifts in someone else, such as the gift of faith (1Co 12:9). God's best is for us to receive directly from Him. We will only be successful at that when we not only build our faith but also destroy our doubts.

http://www.awmi.net/bible/mat_17_20

From what you and others write on here, it is clear that you don't have Peace in your life, definitely no Joy, your life is full of bitterness, anger, and depression. You are living in the pig pin and don't even know it. I pray that one day that you will wake up and realize how lost you have been, and that you don't have to live a life of bitterness, anger and depression. You can live a life full of supernatural Joy, and Peace.

Romans 14:17 (King James Version)

17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Clearly I can see that you are far from the kingdom of God, because you have no righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

I pity you!!!

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,19:44   

IBIG, I'm not the one that needs repentance.  I haven't ever lied.

"From what you and others write on here, it is clear that you don't have Peace in your life, definitely no Joy, your life is full of bitterness, anger, and depression. You are living in the pig pin and don't even know it."

It is you that are deeply confused.  Oh, and that's another lie.  You don't know anything about me.

BTW: So you don't even have the faith of a mustard seed?

God isn't on trial... You are.  You can't try something that doesn't exist.  You are on trial... by their works you shall know them.  I think it's pretty obvious... even the Christians on this site don't think very much of you.

As I said, if God exists and wants me to come to him, all he has to do is end the immoral behavior of his followers.  I'll accept that.  I refuse to be associated with people like you.

Finally... ah Pascal's Wager... how quaint.  To bad it's useless... because I see the horrors that religion creates.  How about that guy in Pakistan that was just killed by his own bodyguard because he opposed blasphemy laws?  And don't say that was Muslim and not Christian... in my experience, Christians are far worse than that.

You might want to consider the types of people you associate with.  Those religious people are truly insane... not to mention liars and hypocrites.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,20:11   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 05 2011,19:44)
IBIG, I'm not the one that needs repentance.  I haven't ever lied.

"From what you and others write on here, it is clear that you don't have Peace in your life, definitely no Joy, your life is full of bitterness, anger, and depression. You are living in the pig pin and don't even know it."

It is you that are deeply confused.  Oh, and that's another lie.  You don't know anything about me.

BTW: So you don't even have the faith of a mustard seed?

God isn't on trial... You are.  You can't try something that doesn't exist.  You are on trial... by their works you shall know them.  I think it's pretty obvious... even the Christians on this site don't think very much of you.

As I said, if God exists and wants me to come to him, all he has to do is end the immoral behavior of his followers.  I'll accept that.  I refuse to be associated with people like you.

Finally... ah Pascal's Wager... how quaint.  To bad it's useless... because I see the horrors that religion creates.  How about that guy in Pakistan that was just killed by his own bodyguard because he opposed blasphemy laws?  And don't say that was Muslim and not Christian... in my experience, Christians are far worse than that.

You might want to consider the types of people you associate with.  Those religious people are truly insane... not to mention liars and hypocrites.

Clearly you don't know what repentance means! You evidently think it means to just ask forgiveness for something. Repentance means to choose to turn away from sin and to turn to God, which if you think you aren't in need repentance, then you must think that you are a Christian, or that you have turned to God. Very funny!!!

To Repent-"to Turn" or "Return":

The term shubh, is most generally employed to express the Scriptural idea of genuine repentance. It is used extensively by the prophets, and makes prominent the idea of a radical change in one's attitude toward sin and God. It implies a conscious, moral separation, and a personal decision to forsake sin and to enter into fellowship with God. It is employed extensively with reference to man's turning away from sin to righteousness (Deuteronomy 4:30 Nehemiah 1:9 Psalm 7:12 Jeremiah 3:14). It quite often refers to God in His relation to man (Exodus 32:12 Joshua 7:26). It is employed to indicate the thorough spiritual change which God alone can effect (Psalm 85:4). When the term is translated by "return" it has reference either to man, to God, or to God and man (1 Samuel 7:3 Psalm 90:13 (both terms, nacham and shubh; Isaiah 21:12; Isaiah 55:7). Both terms are also sometimes employed when the twofold idea of grief and altered relation is expressed, and are translated by "repent" and "return" (Ezekiel 14:6 Hosea 12:6 Jonah 3:8).

Repent-"to Change the Mind":

The word metanoeo, expresses the true New Testament idea of the spiritual change implied in a sinner's return to God. The term signifies "to have another mind," to change the opinion or purpose with regard to sin. It is equivalent to the Old Testament word "turn." Thus, it is employed by John the Baptist, Jesus, and the apostles (Matthew 3:2 Mark 1:15 Acts 2:38). The idea expressed by the word is intimately associated with different aspects of spiritual transformation and of Christian life, with the process in which the agency of man is prominent, as faith (Acts 20:21), and as conversion (Acts 3:19); also with those experiences and blessings of which God alone is the author, as remission and forgiveness of sin (Luke 24:47 Acts 5:31). It is sometimes conjoined with baptism, which as an overt public act proclaims a changed relation to sin and God (Mark 1:4 Luke 3:3 Acts 13:24; Acts 19:4). As a vital experience, repentance is to manifest its reality by producing good fruits appropriate to the new spiritual life (Matthew 3:8).

Repent-"to Turn Over," "to Turn Upon," "to Turn Unto":

The word epistrepho, is used to bring out more clearly the distinct change wrought in repentance. It is employed quite frequently in Acts to express the positive side of a change involved in New Testament repentance, or to indicate the return to God of which the turning from sin is the negative aspect. The two conceptions are inseparable and complementary. The word is used to express the spiritual transition from sin to God (Acts 9:35 1 Thessalonians 1:9); to strengthen the idea of faith (Acts 11:21); and to complete and emphasize the change required by New Testament repentance (Acts 26:20).

http://refbible.com/r/repentance.htm

Tell me how many people have been slaughtered by Atheistic Countries, or none Christian countries? You seem to think that those who follow God are the problem. I also have a problem with Religion, and there are many Religions, but there is only one true God, only one that we can have a Relationship with.

I'm sorry that you have been let down by so many Christians, and if I have done anything I'm sorry, but I haven't lied. If I have spoken something that wasn't true then I didn't do it knowingly. I see bitterness in what you write, sure I don't know you, but I do read what you write.

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,20:18   

Quote (prong_hunter @ Jan. 04 2011,18:04)
I.B.I.G. is back!  Thanks for coming to the forum named in your honor.

I've been spending way too much time reading the Bathroom Wall at Panda's Thumb. It's been tedious, but enlightening.

IBIB was the central focus of the BW in 2010.  After thousands of posts, what was IBIG's point?

I think he finally posted it recently on Panda's Thumb, but here it is for those of you who haven't read it.

IBelieveInGod said: "I believe the sole purpose of the scientific claim of Abiogenesis is to imply that there is no God. If one were not to believe in God, and wanted to promote such a view, then creating an unprovable, and unfalsifiable hypothesis that life came to be by natural causes without a Creator would be the way to go about it. Abiogenesis would be a great tool for evangelizing young minds away from believing in God, and turning them into Atheists. Implying God doesn’t exist with an unprovable, and unfalsifiable hypothesis should be prohibited from being taught in public school."

That's what he was trying to convince everyone of, for an entire year. Not interest in hearing counter arguments, he fights science because he feels it exists soley to deny his God. And his fight is holy and his cause is just.

Evidently there's a US patent for abiogenesis, the object of his wrath.

What does that do to your argument IBIG? The government handed out a patent for abiogenesis. It must be real. I guess you were wrong.

IBelieve demonstrates that he hypocritically hates science: if he doesn't hate science, why would he make up a ridiculous story of how the sole purpose of Abiogenesis is to turn children into God-hate atheists?

He's not interested in hearing counter-arguments, he's here to preen and satisfy his ego: Why else would he set up such painfully stupid gotcha games in order to exalt how he worships his own ignorance (which he mistakes for Jesus and God, no less)?  Why else would he lie so much, only to hypocritically turn around and accuse everyone of putting words into his mouth, or screech about how everyone who points out his bullshit is really an evil atheist out to get him?

And then there's how he refuses to explain how saying that God "spoke the laws into existence" is suppose to be science beyond him saying that his "FAITH" tells him so.

He even refuses to explain how God "speaking the laws into existence" is supposed to be different from God magically poofing everything into existence using magic.

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,20:29   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 05 2011,08:51)
hmmm... I didn't hear about IBIG's final admission of why he's here.

So, a scientific explantion of molecules (using known chemical processes) self assembling into structures that are able to reproduce (and therefore evolve) is against God.

But, a magic sky fairy breathing on mud and out pops a human being is OK.  Got it, thanks.

BTW: If the scientific explanation of chemistry is wrong, IBIG, do you pray every morning that your car will run and that all the chemistry that keeps you alive works correctly and that all the food you eat will miraculously turn into fuel and nutrients for your body?

If you don't, then you are a hypocrite.  But we all knew that already.

I don't believe IBelieve has bothered to answer this question of yours.

I wonder why.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,20:47   

Hell, it took us over 6 months to get to answer why he was here.

--------------

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,21:09   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 05 2011,20:47)
Hell, it took us over 6 months to get to answer why he was here.

That he wants us to repent our unforgivable sin of assuming science is science, and not a nefarious, evil atheist plot to mutate children into evil, God-hating zombie monsters in a deliberate attempt to spite IBelieve because he has "FAITH"?

Or, was it that we had to believe whatever bullcrap IBelieve says, under pain of eternal damnation, because IBelieve has "FAITH," and thereby knows more about science than all of the scientists in the whole wide world?

Or was it that "God speaking the laws into existence" is somehow, magically different from saying that "God magically poofed the world into existence using magic," despite a stark refusal to explain why?

MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,22:46   

Quote (Wolfhound @ Jan. 05 2011,18:43)
IBIG, you are one stupid, arrogant, deluded fucktard.  SRSLY.

(Hey, there's really not much point in going any deeper or even attempting a more elegant analysis, is there?)

Exactement...

The deeper analysis happens because, dammitall, we're science-y types.  Tinkering with anomalous responses and busted stuff is part of what we do.   :D

The MadPanda, FCD

--------------
"No matter how ridiculous the internet tough guy, a thorough mocking is more effective than a swift kick to the gentleman vegetables with a hobnailed boot" --Louis

MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,23:02   

Quote (prong_hunter @ Jan. 05 2011,18:57)
...if God knows everything about everything, then he know whether you will accept him or reject him?

And if you reject him, and he knows it, then you really didn't have a choice at all? It was predestined before the beginning of time that you would spend eternity in Hell?

So if God knows everything (omniscient is the word, I think), then there is no such thing as 'free will'.

And God is directly responsible for condeming so many souls to Hell.

That doesn't seem fair.

That's it exactly, prong_hunter: theodicy trumps bible-babble.

Not that Biggy will ever admit this: he likes thinking of himself as one of the elect, forgetting that Calvin's imaginary friend is an asshole who does as he pleases.

If we must have gods, let us have gods like Sun Wukong, Ganesh, and Hanuman, who are relatively good-tempered, not usually inclined to smite, and who appreciate a swinging party. They don't claim omni-anything, either, and don't demand too much in the way of phony self-degradation.

Biggy, reflect on the following five words: tantum religio potuit suadare malorum.  They describe you and your entire theological assumption to a T.

The MadPanda, FCD

(apologies for the slight truncation of prong_hunter's original comment)

--------------
"No matter how ridiculous the internet tough guy, a thorough mocking is more effective than a swift kick to the gentleman vegetables with a hobnailed boot" --Louis

Badger3k

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2011,23:20   

Given IBIGs completely lame apologetics and his piss-poor knowledge of science, we can add a complete lack of knowledge of history (the old atheist countries/Christian countries BS put forth by some of the more pathetic organizations). Biggie, leaving out the advances in weaponry and the increasing population, if we look at the per capita death toll, of say Hitler's Christian Germany, or Christian Europe's assault on the Aztec and Inca (and all the other smaller civilizations), the Christian Americans on the native Americans, the Crusades....ah, forget it.  Christian countries don't persecute or kill people, so they must not have been Christians...even though they worship the same vague ideas of "God" as Biggie.  Pretty sad to ignore 2 millennia of violence and torture, all in the name of cheap apologetics.  

Dude, and I use that term loosely, people here have probably studied more history, archaeology, psychology, even higher criticism (biblical studies) than you have.  What you think are arguments aren't even getting out of the starting gate.  But do preach on.  We're all amused with street theater.

Tell us again how a talking snake convinced a woman to eat a fruit, when she knew the master wouldn't like it if she ate it (although she had no idea of what right and wrong even was, that was another tree that gave that)?

--------------
"Just think if every species had a different genetic code We would have to eat other humans to survive.." : Joe G

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,05:08   

Quote (Badger3k @ Jan. 05 2011,23:20)
Given IBIGs completely lame apologetics and his piss-poor knowledge of science, we can add a complete lack of knowledge of history (the old atheist countries/Christian countries BS put forth by some of the more pathetic organizations). Biggie, leaving out the advances in weaponry and the increasing population, if we look at the per capita death toll, of say Hitler's Christian Germany, or Christian Europe's assault on the Aztec and Inca (and all the other smaller civilizations), the Christian Americans on the native Americans, the Crusades....ah, forget it.  Christian countries don't persecute or kill people, so they must not have been Christians...even though they worship the same vague ideas of "God" as Biggie.  Pretty sad to ignore 2 millennia of violence and torture, all in the name of cheap apologetics.  

Dude, and I use that term loosely, people here have probably studied more history, archaeology, psychology, even higher criticism (biblical studies) than you have.  What you think are arguments aren't even getting out of the starting gate.  But do preach on.  We're all amused with street theater.

Tell us again how a talking snake convinced a woman to eat a fruit, when she knew the master wouldn't like it if she ate it (although she had no idea of what right and wrong even was, that was another tree that gave that)?

Oh boy here comes the Hitler claims again!!! Okay let's discuss Hitler, it is claimed that He was a Christian, but was He really? Hitler believed in an "Aryan" Christ, which as you should know Christ was born as a Jew, a race hated by Hitler. Hitler was no more a Christian then you are! Many of our politicians over the years have claimed to be Christians to get ahead in politics, but I wouldn't consider them true Christians. Many have killed in the name of God, but that doesn't make them true followers of Christ, because if they had been true followers of Christ, wouldn't they would have kept His teachings. Hitler was a sick and evil man, and clearly there was no "fruit of the Spirit" in his life, the real sign for knowing whether someone is a Christian or not. The Bible says, "by their fruit you will know them".

Luke 6:27-36 (New International Version, ©2010)

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
  32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Here is the fruit of the spirit, and the best way to know if someone is a Christian or not:

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version, ©2010)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Now if you can prove to me that Hitler had the above fruit of the Spirit, then I will admit that He was a Christian. Good luck proving that!!!

Talk about revisionist history, you are really good at revising history aren't you? I'm not defending the crusades but didn't the Muslims slaughter the Jews and take over their holy land first without provocation? I believe the crusades were mostly in the beginning an attempt take back the holy land from the muslim captures right? So, do you defend the current attempt by the Palestinians to war against Israel, to destroy Israel to take back land? Isn't that the same? The crusades were sanctioned and mostly fought by the Roman Catholic Forces. They weren't fought by me or any of my Christian friends, and they were fought in the last 100 years either.

Let's look at how many were slaughtered or starved to death in Atheistic non Christian regimes.

Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50)          49 to 78 million

Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39)    23 million

Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44)     5 million civilians

Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-20)  1,200,000 Armenians (1915) + 350,000 Greek Pontians and 480,000 Anatolian Greeks (1916-22) + 500,000 Assyrians (1915-20)

Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79)    1,700,000

Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94)   1,600,000

Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78)     1,500,000

Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970)  1,000,000

Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994)   800,000

Suharto (East Timor, West Papua, Communists, 1966-98)    800,000

Saddam Hussein (Iran 1980-1990 and Kurdistan 1987-88)   600,000

Jonas Savimbi (Angola, 1975-2002)   400,000

Mullah Omar - Taliban (Afghanistan, 1986-2001)    400,000

Idi Amin (Uganda, 1969-1979)   300,000

Yahya Khan (Pakistan, 1970-71)     300,000

These are just in the last 100 years. I left out Hitler because you seem to think He was a Christian, but there are no such claims with any of the examples I give.

It's sad that you obviously haven't and don't understand the teachings of Christ, otherwise you would know that Jesus taught just the opposite what you claim that Christians do. True followers of Christ would hold to His teachings.

You really have no argument, and you can only attempt to revise history to support your point of view. Well history is as it is and can't be revised, and what I posted above proves that Atheistic, and Non Christian countries do commit evil atrocities. Atheistic countries are far more dangerous then religious countries, just look at how many were killed by Stalin, and Mao! Your argument is baseless, and has no foundation!!!

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,05:41   

Atheistic countries are far more dangerous then religious countries

England is now basically a secular country. If a secular country is the only requirement for atrocity could you let me know why there are none going on at the moment in the UK?

Mind, I've not looked out of the window yet so there could be some people hanging from the lampposts that were not there yesterday, but it's unlikely.

So I guess you think that if Jozef Stalin had let Christ into his heart none of those 23 million people would have died? Strange then how even those with (allegedly) Christ in their heart can kill without qualm.

I.E The last president of the USA talked about Jesus all the time but still laid the smackdown on an entire country, killing thousands of civilians, and the crusade he started is still ongoing.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,06:21   

Ahhhh the old "if they are not my sort of christian, or even not a christian at all, then it's all your fault you dirty non-christian, and I get to define who is a christian and who isn't" goalpost moving dissembling nonsense. Lots of uses of the word "true" too. I wonder if any of them put sugar on their porridge?

It never fails to amuse. Go on, IBIG, I'm laughing at least.

Louis

ETA: P.S. I doubt anyone would need to a) question the atrocities commited under a massive variety of regimes, including those listed, b) try to rewrite any history whatsoever. What people will do, and rightly so, is question your definitions, your diabolically bad logic (replete as it is with errors and fallacies), your asinine conclusions and sundry matters. THOSE are what defeat your claims, not any historical revionism. Just as a hint, you are claiming the moral high ground, the access to some moral authority, no one else is. It's up to you then to demonstrate that access. Pro tip, champ: Defining everyone naughty as "Not a True Christian™" won't achieve this. Nor will tu quoques, nor will weasel words, nor will goalpost shifts, nor indeed will any of the standard tricks dishonest shits like you continually pull.

--------------
Bye.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,08:07   

IBIG, learn some history before you start mouthing off about stuff you know NOTHING about.

Hitler hated Jews because they killed Jesus.

You really need to get off the apologetics websites and read some history, and science, and religious criticism.

You never have told me which parts of the Bible are true and which are not and how you know.

And you still haven't answered: Do you pray every morning that all your food will turn to fuel and nutrients and your car will run?

Do you, follow the instructions of your doctor and take medication or do you ONLY pray for healing?

Hypocrite.

--------------

Stanton

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,08:10   

IBelieve, you are a colossal moron if you are stupid enough to conflate "Muslim" with "Evil Atheist" simply because they are not Christian.

Or, explain to us in fine detail exactly why Mullah Omar is an atheist even though he did all those abominable things for God in Afghanistan.

Quack

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,08:22   

Or, explain to us in fine detail exactly why Mullah Omar is an atheist even though he did all those abominable things for God in Afghanistan.

Same thing for Mulla Krekar, founder of Ansar al Islam. We are taking good care of him here in Norway lest he should be executed if we returned him to Irak. We'd do that for Osama bin Laden too if he should show up here, no chance for anybody else to lay hands on him unless we got assurance that no death sentence would be applied.

That's socialist atheism for you.

--------------
Rocks have no biology.
              Robert Byers.

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,09:03   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 06 2011,08:07)
IBIG, learn some history before you start mouthing off about stuff you know NOTHING about.

Hitler hated Jews because they killed Jesus.

You really need to get off the apologetics websites and read some history, and science, and religious criticism.

You never have told me which parts of the Bible are true and which are not and how you know.

And you still haven't answered: Do you pray every morning that all your food will turn to fuel and nutrients and your car will run?

Do you, follow the instructions of your doctor and take medication or do you ONLY pray for healing?

Hypocrite.

Very Funny Answer:):):):)

Clearly you know absolutely nothing about history, what a poor excuse for a scientist you are! I would have thought that you would have done more RESEARCH before posting such a wrong answer!

Where do I start? If Hitler only hated the Jews because they killed Jesus, then why did he hate the gypsies, blacks, and other races? Why did he hate and kill the mentally retarded and those with physical disabilities?

One of the foundations of Hitler's social policies was the concept of racial hygiene. It was based on the ideas of Arthur de Gobineau, a French count; eugenics, a pseudo-science that advocated racial purity; and social Darwinism. Applied to human beings, "survival of the fittest" was interpreted as requiring racial purity and killing off "life unworthy of life." The first victims were children with physical and developmental disabilities; those killings occurred in a programme dubbed Action T4.[152] After a public outcry, Hitler made a show of ending this program, but the killings continued (see Nazi eugenics).
Between 1939 and 1945, the SS, assisted by collaborationist governments and recruits from occupied countries, systematically killed somewhere between 11 and 14 million people, including about six million Jews,[153][154] in concentration camps, ghettos and mass executions, or through less systematic methods elsewhere. In addition to those gassed to death, many died as a result of starvation and disease while working as slave labourers (sometimes benefiting private German companies). Along with Jews, non-Jewish Poles, Communists and political opponents, members of resistance groups, homosexuals, Roma, the physically handicapped and mentally retarded, Soviet prisoners of war (possibly as many as three million), Jehovah's Witnesses, Adventists, trade unionists, and psychiatric patients were killed. One of the biggest centres of mass-killing was the industrial extermination camp complex of Auschwitz-Birkenau. As far as is known, Hitler never visited the concentration camps and did not speak publicly about the killing in precise terms.[155]
The Holocaust (the "Endlösung der jüdischen Frage" or "Final Solution of the Jewish Question") was planned and ordered by leading Nazis, with Heinrich Himmler and Reinhard Heydrich playing key roles. While no specific order from Hitler authorizing the mass killing has surfaced, there is documentation showing that he approved the Einsatzgruppen killing squads that followed the German army through Poland and Russia, and that he was kept well informed about their activities. The evidence also suggests that in the fall of 1941 Himmler and Hitler decided upon mass extermination by gassing. During interrogations by Soviet intelligence officers declassified over fifty years later, Hitler's valet Heinz Linge and his military aide Otto Gunsche said Hitler had "pored over the first blueprints of gas chambers." His private secretary, Traudl Junge, testified that Hitler knew all about the death camps.[citation needed]
Göring gave a written authorisation to Heydrich to "make all necessary preparations" for a "total solution of the Jewish question". To make for smoother cooperation in the implementation of this "Final Solution", the Wannsee conference was held on 20 January 1942, with fifteen senior officials participating (including Adolf Eichmann) and led by Reinhard Heydrich. The records of this meeting provide the clearest evidence of planning for the Holocaust. On 22 February, Hitler was recorded saying to his associates, "we shall regain our health only by eliminating the Jews".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

Hitler and the Nazi party outlined in clear and unequivocal terms their racial enemies. Those races included Roma (Gypsies), Slavs, African Germans, and especially Jews. Like- wise, people with physical and mental disabilities, viewed as “hereditarily unfit” Germans, were deemed a biological threat to the health of the nation. As the Nazis framed it, the particular threat each so-called enemy posed to the collective whole was slightly different, but the essence was the same. Building on age-old prejudice and suspicion, Nazi rhetoric made a case for the segregation and exclusion of those whom they considered a danger to their racial purity.

In Hitler’s mind, no group was more dangerous and more threatening than the Jews. Because he defined them as a race, he argued that they were instinctively driven to increase their numbers and dominate others. At the same time, he insisted that their methods of expansion were fundamentally suspect. Because Hitler tied racial continuation to territo- rial acquisition, he believed the Jews, who had no land of their own, should not exist at all. In fact, he theorized that when the Romans expelled the Jewish people from Israel more than 2,000 years ago and scattered them across the empire in what has come to be called the Diaspora, the Jews should have begun a long decline, ending ultimately in extinction. So why did they continue to exist and even thrive? Hitler concluded that they must have adapted to their landless environment and cultivated traits—such as cunning, deviousness, and deceitfulness—that would ensure their survival. In so doing, their very existence in his view ran counter to nature and defied the intended course of human history. Specifically, Hitler believed that the Jews escaped extinction by migrating and attaching themselves to existing states or communities, always pushing their own interests and exploiting the native people whose territory they entered. According to Hitler, the Jewish nature was the opposite of the “Aryan” Germans’ nature. Whereas the Nazis prized racial hierarchies and purity of bloodlines, the Jews, in his view, sought race-mixing, assimila- tion, and equality; whereas the Germans valued national strength and loyalty, the Jews weakened states by cultivating international businesses and financial institutions that fostered interdependence among nations. Hitler presented Jews as parasites, who used devious means, such as financial profiteering, media control, and race-mixing, to weaken the “host” nation, dull its race-consciousness, and reduce its capacity to defend itself. He voiced his view in a speech in Nuremberg in January 1923: “The internal expurgation of the Jewish spirit is not possible in any Platonic way, for the Jewish spirit is the product of the Jewish person. Unless we expel the Jewish people soon, they will have Judaized our people within a very short time.”
Hitler believed that the Soviet Union was the first country in which the Jews had tri- umphed and that the Jews were using the Communist state to enslave the Slavic population. Like other Nazi leaders and right-wing nationalist politicians, he imagined that Jews were creating conditions necessary for a Soviet revolutionary takeover in Germany: massive unemployment, hunger, and homelessness. In his view, then, rather than a legitimate political and economic structure, communism was a tool devised by Jews to disguise their dominance and control of the Slav and so-called Asiatic peoples of eastern Europe and Eurasia. In the fact that two of every three European Jews lived in eastern Europe, Hitler found further corroboration for his view that the region had been infiltrated and taken over by the Jewish people.

http://www.ushmm.org/educati....rt1.pdf

For all the information about Hitler, and his hatred towards Jews, you obviously did no research whatsoever. I'm very disappointed in your lack of effort. If you truly are a scientist, then you are lazy at best, or incompetent, otherwise you would have done your research before making such a blatant error. You really make a fool of yourself! Again I pity your soul!

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,09:49   

All that work and not a single reference from Mein Kampf... fascinating.

It's called primary literature.  I suggest you read up on it.

All this is neither here nor there... just a way for you to avoid answering hard questions about your faith.

You claim that God can do anything.  You claim that you fully believe the Bible.  Yet you also take medication (developed by science)... interesting.

Do you also eat shellfish and wear clothing made of multiple materials?

Do you hate your parents?

Have you given everything you own away (obviously not, you have a computer and internet connection)?

Oh and to stem off your diatribe about these things not being required anymore, the New Covenant is NOT a replacement of the old laws.  The OLD laws of were replaced by CULTURAL CONVENTION, not Jesus.  Slaverly, as every human person knows, is wrong... yet Jesus does not state anywhere to no longer keep slaves.  The rest of the Bible is very specific about how to aquire, sell, and treat slaves.  Why is that?  (hint, that was the culture of the time)

BTW: Why do different Christian Faiths have different numbers of books in their Bibles?  Which Bible do you use and why?  Have you read the other Bibles and used your super-secret method for determining Teh Troof™ that you won't tell us about?

--------------

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,09:55   

[quote=IBelieveInGod,Jan. 05 2011,19:29][/quote]
Here is the problem with your argument, you can just as I type on this computer can become a follower of Christ. It is a choice that you have and will have until you die. Now if you state that God knew that you would be an atheist, then I would agree that He did foreknow, but you like I were born in a fallen earth, and God chooses not to intervene in our lives until we let Him, so is there still hope for you, yes there most certainly is! God created man, and did it so that man would have his own mind, his own free will.

Nope...that's not a problem with the Free Will argument. That there's (supposedly) and option to be a follower of some "Christ" doesn't change the dilemma for Free Will created by intervention of any kind.

Now let me ask you this: you state that you can't hate something that doesn't exist. Tell me, do you have complete knowledge of everything in the universe? Do you have complete knowledge that there is anything beyond the universe? If so it is irrational for you to make such a statement.

You're missing the point IBIG - whether there's a possibility that your god actually exists or not does change the perception by some that no such entity exists. But really, that's just academic. The real issue is that if someone does not think something exists, there's no way to hate that thing, regardless of whether it does actually exist or not.

I can easily accuse you of hating Invisible Pink Unicorns because you refuse to talk to them, but does that mean you actually hate Invisible Pink Unicorns?

The rest of your post is meaningless drivel.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:01   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 05 2011,20:11)

Tell me how many people have been slaughtered by Atheistic Countries, or none Christian countries? You seem to think that those who follow God are the problem. I also have a problem with Religion, and there are many Religions, but there is only one true God, only one that we can have a Relationship with.

What an ignorant question that completely misses the point. What country or countries have ever slaughtered people  in the name of atheism? Any? No. Not a one. In fact, I can't think of any single person who's ever been killed in the name of atheism. Yet billions of people have been slaughtered in the name of Christianity alone. Try again, IBIG.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:09   

[quote=IBelieveInGod,Jan. 06 2011,05:08][/quote]
Oh boy here comes the Hitler claims again!!! Okay let's discuss Hitler, it is claimed that He was a Christian, but was He really? Hitler believed in an "Aryan" Christ, which as you should know Christ was born as a Jew, a race hated by Hitler. Hitler was no more a Christian then you are! Many of our politicians over the years have claimed to be Christians to get ahead in politics, but I wouldn't consider them true Christians. Many have killed in the name of God, but that doesn't make them true followers of Christ, because if they had been true followers of Christ, wouldn't they would have kept His teachings. Hitler was a sick and evil man, and clearly there was no "fruit of the Spirit" in his life, the real sign for knowing whether someone is a Christian or not. The Bible says, "by their fruit you will know them".

Nope...trying the old those folks who slaughtered in the name of Christianity couldn't have been Real Christians because Real Christians wouldn't do such a thing in my opinion is just the logical fallacy of question begging via No True Scotsman. By your argument, it can quickly be deduced that there actually are no Christians at all because we can all come up with things that No Real Christian would do. And I hate to break it to you, IBIGGY, but you don't have any authority to declare what a Real Christian is or isn't anyway. Check and mate there, IBIGGY.

Further though, this doesn't change the fact that actually no country has ever slaughtered anyone in the name of atheism, so your beliefs still look horrid by comparison.

--------------

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:12   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 06 2011,05:08)

It's sad that you obviously haven't and don't understand the teachings of Christ,

Actually, what's sad is that you don't.

--------------

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:19   

Quote (Robin @ Jan. 06 2011,10:01)
[quote=IBelieveInGod,Jan. 05 2011,20:11][/quote]

What an ignorant question that completely misses the point. What country or countries have ever slaughtered people  in the name of atheism? Any? No. Not a one. In fact, I can't think of any single person who's ever been killed in the name of atheism. Yet billions of people have been slaughtered in the name of Christianity alone. Try again, IBIG.

Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history

Provide your sources the billions have been killed in the name of Christianity?

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:23   

To extend on something that Robin said and got me to thinking...

First, IBIG is correct (OMG, Satan just ordered a shitload of parkas), we don't know whether God exists or not, by defintion (at least of Christianity) no one CAN know whether God exists or not.

The extension of this, however, is very disturbing.  Let's say IBIG had some kind of 'experience' that convinced him that God was real.  What are the actual options... especially those that IBIG cannot distinguish among.

1) It was God.
2) It was Satan.
3) It was an alien or other telepathic entity
4) It was IBIG's own subconscious

IBIG has no method of determining which of these it actually is.  That's just one of the major problems I have with religion IBIG.  You have NO WAY to distinguish between 'God' and any and all alternatives that could describe your feelings.

For example, if either existed, I would be much more likely to attribute your 'conversion' or 'personal relationship' to Satan rather than God.  I mean, look at the damage you attitude and posts have done to your religion here.  You won't even consider this, because you "know" the truth, but an honest person would be forced to consider the results of his/her own actions... including the pushing away of potential converts due to one's own actions.

So, IBIG, please provide objective evidence that it is "God" talking to you rather than any of the other options I provided.

--------------

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:25   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 06 2011,10:23)

First, IBIG is correct (OMG, Satan just ordered a shitload of parkas), we don't know whether God exists or not, by defintion (at least of Christianity) no one CAN know whether God exists or not.

The extension of this, however, is very disturbing.  Let's say IBIG had some kind of 'experience' that convinced him that God was real.  What are the actual options... especially those that IBIG cannot distinguish among.

1) It was God.
2) It was Satan.

IBIG has no method of determining which of these it actually is.  That's just one of the major problems I have with religion IBIG.  You have NO WAY to distinguish between 'God' and any and all alternatives that could describe your feelings.

For example, if either existed, I would be much more likely to attribute your 'conversion' or 'personal relationship' to Satan rather than God.  I mean, look at the damage you attitude and posts have done to your religion here.  You won't even consider this, because you "know" the truth, but an honest person would be forced to consider the results of his/her own actions... including the pushing away of potential converts due to one's own actions.

So, IBIG, please provide objective evidence that it is "God" talking to you rather than any of the other options I provided.

moving the goal posts again?

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:32   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 06 2011,10:19)

Salem Witch Trials
Inquisition
Pakistan Governor
First Crusade 1095–1099
Siege of Jerusalem
Crusade of 1101
Norwegian Crusade 1107–1110
Second Crusade 1147–1149
Third Crusade 1187–1192
Fourth Crusade 1202–1204
Albigensian Crusade
Children's Crusade
Fifth Crusade 1217–1221
Sixth Crusade 1228–1229
Seventh Crusade 1248–1254
Eighth Crusade 1270
Ninth Crusade 1271–1272
Northern Crusades
Crusades of the Teutonic Order
Swedish Crusades
Wendish Crusade
Stedinger Crusade
Aragonese Crusade
Alexandrian Crusade
Mahdian Crusade
Crusades in the Balkans
Crusade against the Tatars
Hussite Crusade
Children's Crusade
Anti-Abortion Violence
Christian Yugoslav government led by the popular leader Slobodan Milosevic slaughtered huge numbers of ethnic Albanian Muslims

Biblical references
Worldwide Flood
Sodom and Gomorrah
Isrealite takeover of Canaan (Deuteronomy 20:17)
Numbers 31:15-18
exodus, chapter 34, verses 11-14
leviticus, chapter 26, verses 7-9

How's that for a start?

--------------

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:35   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 06 2011,10:25)
Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 06 2011,10:23)

1) It was God.
2) It was Satan.

moving the goal posts again?

Nope, an extension.  

You say you have a personal relationship with God.

I'm pointing out that you don't know that it is God.  In fact, you can't know that it is God, by defintion.  You have faith it's God, but as they say "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

You cannot distinguish between God's influence, Satan's influence, and your own subconscious.

--------------

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:56   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Jan. 06 2011,10:32)
Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 06 2011,10:19)

Salem Witch Trials
Inquisition
Pakistan Governor
First Crusade 1095–1099
Siege of Jerusalem
Crusade of 1101
Norwegian Crusade 1107–1110
Second Crusade 1147–1149
Third Crusade 1187–1192
Fourth Crusade 1202–1204
Albigensian Crusade
Children's Crusade
Fifth Crusade 1217–1221
Sixth Crusade 1228–1229
Seventh Crusade 1248–1254
Eighth Crusade 1270
Ninth Crusade 1271–1272
Northern Crusades
Crusades of the Teutonic Order
Swedish Crusades
Wendish Crusade
Stedinger Crusade
Aragonese Crusade
Alexandrian Crusade
Mahdian Crusade
Crusades in the Balkans
Crusade against the Tatars
Hussite Crusade
Children's Crusade
Anti-Abortion Violence
Christian Yugoslav government led by the popular leader Slobodan Milosevic slaughtered huge numbers of ethnic Albanian Muslims

Biblical references
Worldwide Flood
Sodom and Gomorrah
Isrealite takeover of Canaan (Deuteronomy 20:17)
Numbers 31:15-18
exodus, chapter 34, verses 11-14
leviticus, chapter 26, verses 7-9

How's that for a start?

Did you read the link that I posted?

IBelieveInGod

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,10:59   

Abortion? How many innocent babies have been killed since Roe v. Wade? try   49,551,703

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2011,11:10   

Quote (IBelieveInGod @ Jan. 06 2011,10:59)
Abortion? How many innocent babies have been killed since Roe v. Wade? try   49,551,703

Another red herring... abortion is done by Christians as well as non-Christians.

So, you think it's OK to murder doctors who perform abortions?

So, you think it's OK to perform violence, including murder, to prevent abortion... which is the law of the land*?

* And don't start on "God's Law supercedes Man's Law", don't forget that the Bible says you should follow the Law of the Land... or is that metaphorical too?

--------------

741 replies since Oct. 31 2010,16:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (25) < ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]