RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (500) < ... 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 2, general discussion of Dembski's site< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
GCUGreyArea

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,19:09   

Gordon isn't going to like this:

BillB
08/27/2009
6:39 pm

KF:

Lying and deceit are closely related, they both involve deceiving.

You have a rhetorical device that you employ on a consistent and regular basis that, when dealing with other peoples attempts to argue against a position that you hold, you will claim that rather than debating the issue they are actually deploying red herrings, making personal (argumentum ad hominem) attacks and trying to distract from the issues under discussion. You also frequently invoke unpleasant historical figures and groups, like the Nazis, and try and link their actions to those who would argue against you.

Gutter politics is an ill defined term but, as I understand it, it involves trying to discredit your opponents in the eyes of onlookers by accusing them of deceit, and trying to link their actions to the unpleasant actions of others to whom they have no real relation.

I make no apology for making this observation of your behaviour. I believe it is you who owes apologies to, in all probability, the majority of people who have disagreed with you on these forums for your constant accusation of deceit, of lying.

Can I suggest that you get a copy of this book called The Bible, there are some really interesting life lessons in there about the value of tolerance, forgiveness and of humility.

You now know what you have to do to make amends.

Now, can you answer these questions:

1-> Is an explicit, required, latching mechanism the same as a non-explicit, non-required, not-always-latching mechanism?

2-> Is a mutation rate that has to be between zero and one hundred percent the same as a mutation rate that has to be either zero or one hundred percent?

3-> Is a population of one, where no selection can occur the same as a population of many from which one is selected?

Emboldend'd for hilarity

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,19:14   

Dembski's latest response to yakky d:  

Give it a rest. You started the wild speculation. I made it more realistic. Yes, it’s still speculation, but the scenario I sketched certainly has precedent.

And we all know how that particular precedent ended.

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,19:16   

Wee Willy Dembski sniffles:
"yakky d

Give it a rest. You started the wild speculation. I made it more realistic. Yes, it’s still speculation, but the scenario I sketched certainly has precedent."

Uh...except the scenario you gave was allegedly about YOU and didn't happen the way you tried to portray it, Butthurt Boy.

As PTaylor points out above, you APOLOGIZED for your demonstrably stupid behavior, Dembski, after you posted up the home phone numbers of Baylor Board of Regents members --  which is not at all comparable to McWhorter speaking on an internet website about matters that couldn't realistically arouse the ire of any admin.

In short, you're just a whiny little prevaricator.

I know you read this thread, Dembski -- you got some serious mental shit going on. There's not a SINGLE person (meaning ONE PERSON) among your "enemies" that has pulled the variety of weird-ass crap that you, by yourself, managed to pull over the years. Have you no shame or honor or ethics?

ETA: That last bit is purely rhetorical, Billy. Anyone that would write their own book review (as you did) under a fake name at Amazon...well, it's a moot point. Try changing, now.

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,20:25   

GilDodgen
08/27/2009
7:42 pm
You could be right. I just think it would be wise to wait until McWhorter explains…

By now he is surely aware of the conversation going on here at the world’s most prominent ID blog.

My guess is that he will crawl under a bed and hope that his sins will be forgotten and forgiven by the Darwinian thought police.

We’ll see. He would certainly be welcome here to explain it all.

lolololol

maybe "world's most prominent ID blog" is like saying "world's most beautiful mustachioed sweaty fat chick"

just maybe

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,20:32   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Aug. 27 2009,20:25)
GilDodgen
08/27/2009
7:42 pm
You could be right. I just think it would be wise to wait until McWhorter explains…

By now he is surely aware of the conversation going on here at the world’s most prominent ID blog.

My guess is that he will crawl under a bed and hope that his sins will be forgotten and forgiven by the Darwinian thought police.

We’ll see. He would certainly be welcome here to explain it all.

lolololol

maybe "world's most prominent ID blog" is like saying "world's most beautiful mustachioed sweaty fat chick"

just maybe

"world's most prominent ID blog" is like saying "world's most beautiful mustachioed sweaty fat chick"

Sig Worthy!

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Sealawr

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,20:51   

Onlookers! Aleret! A lert!  Forget the weasels!

Dembski's been upstaged by absolute mathematical proof of ID!

http://www.revelatorium.com/

It's over folks.  ID won.  Damn.

Should I post the link at UD or let them find it themselves?

--------------
DS: "The explantory filter is as robust as the data that is used with it."
David Klinghoffer: ""I'm an IDiot"

Chayanov

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,21:30   

Isn't it possible Dembski left Baylor after his unfortunate love affair with his dean ended? Of course, I’m not saying that this is what happened. But something like this could easily have happened.

--------------
Help! Marxist literary critics are following me!

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,21:35   

Quote (Chayanov @ Aug. 27 2009,22:30)
Isn't it possible Dembski left Baylor after his unfortunate love affair with his dean ended? Of course, I’m not saying that this is what happened. But something like this could easily have happened.

i mean there is certainly a precedent for this.  it's happened before.  it could have happened that way.  why not?

and why can't i still eat at that cafeteria?

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 27 2009,22:54   

Quote (Chayanov @ Aug. 28 2009,05:30)

OK HOMO THAT'S ENOUGH.

THAT'S A TYPICAL BEASTIAL DARWINIST RESPONSE.  

SEXUAL INUENDO LIKE THAT IS THE LOGICAL FALLACY AD-POSTERIOR-LOGOS

BILL IS NO GIRLY MAN AND HE HAS NO INTENTION OF GOING BACK TO BAYLOR NOT BECAUSE THE FOOD THERE IS GREAT BUT BECAUSE HE'S FOUND CAMELS LOVE TO NOSE HIS HEAD IN A TENT AND HE HAS A SPECIAL LITTLE WEASEL ON THE SIDE.

AND AS A RED HOT SCIENTIST EXPERT IN ANIMAL HUSBANDARY BILL HAS GOT HIS HANDS DEEP INTO  GENETAL SEARCHES.  
dt

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,00:18   

[quote=deadman_932,Aug. 27 2009,19:16]        

ETA: That last bit is purely rhetorical, Billy. Anyone that would write their own book review (as you did) under a fake name at Amazon...well, it's a moot point. Try changing, now.

Speaking of which, Clive missed this reference:      
djmullen
08/27/2009
1:44 am

denyse, kairosfocus and reader from riesel, are you aware that you’re using the word “ratchet” instead of “latching”?

Darwinian evolution does “ratchet” information into the DNA. It’s been described that way by scientists for decades.

It does this ratcheting through the simple technique of making many copies of successful DNA strings and letting natural selection get rid of any unsuccessful mutations to those strings – such as restoring a former incorrect letter.

This is EXACTLY what happens in Dawkins’ program or any other program that successfully mimics evolution. That is why Dawkins did not have to put any kind of latching into his program – the latching / ratcheting is inherent in Darwinian evolution and his program merely simulates one part of it.

Spiny Norman: Dawkins wrote “Weasel” as a pedagogical tool to demonstrate how the cumulative selection that is used by Darwinian evolution is almost infinitely faster than the type of “all-at-once” selection that creationists and IDists typically use. (You know, where they calculate that it would take 20^100 tries to find a 100 amino acid length protein by chance or 4^150 tries to find a 150 base pair long stretch of DNA by chance.) Because it was a teaching tool, he selected a specific target for it to find rather than confuse the issue by cobbling together some sort of moving target.

However, as I’ve written on this blog, if you re-write the program to look into an external file for the “target”, you can change that target whenever you wish and the program will continue to find the new strings just as quickly as it finds the fixed “Methinks it is like a weasel”.

But then he killed these next two messages:    
djmullen
08/27/2009
5:01 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

feebish @ 63: “I don’t understand why so many here are arguing against letting Dr Dawkins release his program.”

The real question is why so many are demanding that Dr. Dawkins produce a piece of throwaway code written over 20 years ago when his description of the program is clear enough to enable any mildly competent programmer to duplicate it.

I think the basic problem is that it has been duplicated many times and it works as advertised.

I suspect that a lot of ID Defenders have duplicated the code and found to their dismay that it works as advertised. What to do, what to do?

Well, there’s a saying in the legal profession: “If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. And if neither is on your side, pound on the table.”

This demand for the original code is the ID version of pounding on the table. It distracts from the fact that the program is easily written from the description and works as advertised.

I predict that the next tactic will be to demand that Dawkins produce his original birth certificate. And you know what? It will prove that he was born in Kenya!

djmullen
08/27/2009
5:31 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Kairosfocus @ 66:
“2 –> IN EVERY INSTANCE WHERE A LETTER GOES CORRECT IN ANY ONE GENERATION, IT REMAINS SO IN ALL FURTHER SAMPLES UNTIL THE PROGRAM HITS THE FULL TARGET.”

How do you know this? Have you EVER seen a run which displayed EVERY member of every generation?

Remember that because Weasel (and evolution) makes many copies of every improved piece of DNA, a mutation can revert any single improved copy back to its original form and that non-optimal copy just gets discarded by natural selection.

“3 –> On law of large no’s [the correct form of the layman's crude "law of averages"], that strongly supports the inference that the samples do not revert because the generational champions preserve correct letters very strongly.”

You seem to be agreeing with me here. Evolution’s secret is to make lots of copies of successful organisms so an occasional defective copy can be lost through natural selection without adversely affecting the main population.

“4 -> The computer examines the mutant nonsense phrases, the ‘progeny’ of the original phrase, and chooses the one which, however slightly, most resembles the target phrase, METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL . . . . What matters is the difference between the time taken by cumulative selection, and the time which the same computer, working flat out at the same rate, would take to reach the target phrase if it were forced to use the other procedure of single-step selection”

Right, that’s the secret to Darwinian evolution. You get an organism that barely reproduces. You make lots of copies of it and some of those copies inevitably mutate. If any one of those mutated copies out reproduces the original, lots of copies are made of it and it eventually replaces the original. If one of the copies suffers another mutation that knocks it back to the original, it’s discarded by natural selection. This is basic Darwinian Evolution.

“5 –> Weasel is targetted search that rewards mere proximity of non-functional phrases through a process of random variation of a seed to create a population and artificial selection based on mere proximity to a set target.”

Weasel is a pedagogical program written to illustrate the difference between cumulative selection (which it uses) and the type of all-at-once selection ID people seem to think evolution uses. Dawkins gave it a fixed target to simplify the program and help illustrate how cumulative selection works.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, you can put that target statement into a separate file and change it to your heart’s content and Weasel will ALWAYS converge on it. What you call “proximity to a target” corresponds to “ability to reproduce” in the real world. Think of the target string as being a very very good reproducer and the original random string as something that just barely copies itself. The closer the organism gets to the target string, the better it reproduces.
I think I’ll quit here and see if you have a response to what I’ve said so far.

All examples from (or should have been in) the "Where's the code for the goddamn weasel?" thread

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,03:45   

From the Lycan and Dualism thread:

magnan
08/27/2009
2:13 pm

As I have mentioned many times, the philosophical debate between materialism and dualism is thoroughly trumped by the actual data of parapsychology.

Fits right in with ID.

Later, in same thread:
magnan
08/27/2009
6:36 pm

A few more links to good articles about the evidence for psi, psychical phenomena, etc. and its relevance to the mind-body problem:
I'll let interested persons look at the list of references for themselves.

Jebus!  There's another one!
vjtorley
08/27/2009
8:04 pm

Thanks for the psi links, magnan.

I’ve been trying to find the best books on the empirical evidence for psychic phenomena, and this is what I’ve come up with so far:

The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena by Dean Radin
http://www.amazon.com/Consciou.....ef=ed_oe_p

Entangled Minds: Extrasensory
Experiences in a Quantum Reality by Dean Radin
http://www.amazon.com/Entangle.....pd_sim_b_1

The Gold Leaf Lady and Other Parapsychological Investigations by Stephen E. Braude
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi.....tephebraud

Hope that helps.
I left the references in, just in case somebody wants to read more about the Gold Leaf Lady.

And of course, Kairosfocus can't resist:
kairosfocus
08/28/2009
12:44 am
Grasham:

In the case of evidence pointing to the action odf intelligence on matters inconvenient to materialism, their imposed “methodological naturalism” plainly CENSORS science and blocks it from delivering teh goods.

The whole thread is a tard mine.

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,05:27   

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/08/reduciblecomplexity/
Intricate cellular components are often cited as evidence of intelligent design. They couldn’t have evolved, I.D. proponents say, because they can’t be broken down into smaller, simpler functional parts. They are irreducibly complex, so they must have been intentionally designed, as is, by an intelligent entity.

But new research comparing mitochondria, which provide energy to animal cells, with their bacterial relatives, shows that the necessary pieces for one particular cellular machine — exactly the sort of structure that’s supposed to prove intelligent design — were lying around long ago. It was simply a matter of time before they came together into a more complex entity.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,05:31   

You've clearly misunderterpretated the evidence.

Maybe Ddrr Bill will turn up as a surprise speaker here and explain why you're wrong.

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,05:48   

Quote (deadman_932 @ Aug. 27 2009,20:16)
As PTaylor points out above, you APOLOGIZED for your demonstrably stupid behavior, Dembski, after you posted up the home phone numbers of Baylor Board of Regents members --  which is not at all comparable to McWhorter speaking on an internet website about matters that couldn't realistically arouse the ire of any admin.

In short, you're just a whiny little prevaricator.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,07:49   

Indium sums it up:
So, now, kf, you are reduced to claiming that an algorithm that does a query by constructing a population by copying a string with random mutations and then selecting the best fitting member is the same as an algorithm which gueries by just randomly selecting a new letter for every wrong one.

This is so obviously wrong that it doesn´t even need a refutation. It is plain denial of the obvious.

That thread is just astonishing.  Gordon seems constitutionally incapable of admitting even the tiniest possibility of error, and projects his own psychological failings madly over everyone who disagrees with him.  He has worked up to truly epic failure of logic and reading comprehension.

Naturally, Clive baby won't moderate good ol' Gordo for behavior that would get a member of the reality based community evicted.

utidjian

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,07:50   

RBill,

Was that a real UD webpage? I looked for it at UD and couldn't find it.

I do vaguely remember the Baylor Regents phone number brouhahah but I wasn't aware that Dembski "notpologized" for it.

If the page is (or was) real, I wonder why it was pulled (and a good catch for whoever snapshotted it.)

-DU-

--------------
Being laughed at doesn't mean you're progressing along some line. It probably just means you're saying some stupid shit -stevestory

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,08:18   

Quote (utidjian @ Aug. 28 2009,07:50)
RBill,

I do vaguely remember the Baylor Regents phone number brouhahah but I wasn't aware that Dembski "notpologized" for it.

If the page is (or was) real, I wonder why it was pulled (and a good catch for whoever snapshotted it.)

-DU-

He pulled it because it had the phone numbers on it.  Notapology here

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,08:20   

Quote (utidjian @ Aug. 28 2009,07:50)
RBill,

-DU-

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,08:21   

Hmmmm  

skynetx

08/27/2009

7:22 pm

Enough of this useless talk! Let’s start banning darwinists! If they can do it, why can’t we?

I suggest we ban a few of them. In any case they contribute absolutely NOTHING to UD.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,08:24   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Aug. 28 2009,03:45)
Jebus!  There's another one!
vjtorley
08/27/2009
8:04 pm

Thanks for the psi links, magnan.

I’ve been trying to find the best books on the empirical evidence for psychic phenomena, and this is what I’ve come up with so far:

The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena by Dean Radin
http://www.amazon.com/Consciou.....ef=ed_oe_p

Entangled Minds: Extrasensory
Experiences in a Quantum Reality by Dean Radin
http://www.amazon.com/Entangle.....pd_sim_b_1

The Gold Leaf Lady and Other Parapsychological Investigations by Stephen E. Braude
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi.....tephebraud

Hope that helps.
I left the references in, just in case somebody wants to read more about the Gold Leaf Lady.

I have another book for them:

"PSI!  My Life As a Paranormalist
for Fun, Profit & Hot Chicks"
by Dr. Peter Venkman

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,09:04   

Quote (utidjian @ Aug. 28 2009,08:50)
RBill,

-DU-

That was a spoof I created, and the origins of "notpology," which has become an apparently enduring internet meme.

His actual apology followed my spoof (more than two weeks later), and is more gracious.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,09:21   

Quote (Maya @ Aug. 28 2009,07:49)
Indium sums it up:  
So, now, kf, you are reduced to claiming that an algorithm that does a query by constructing a population by copying a string with random mutations and then selecting the best fitting member is the same as an algorithm which gueries by just randomly selecting a new letter for every wrong one.

This is so obviously wrong that it doesn´t even need a refutation. It is plain denial of the obvious.

That thread is just astonishing.  Gordon seems constitutionally incapable of admitting even the tiniest possibility of error, and projects his own psychological failings madly over everyone who disagrees with him.  He has worked up to truly epic failure of logic and reading comprehension.

Naturally, Clive baby won't moderate good ol' Gordo for behavior that would get a member of the reality based community evicted.

Perhaps D, M and K should jointly receive a coveted Stasis Award.

http://www.nmsr.org/humphrey.htm

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,09:35   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ Aug. 28 2009,09:04)
His actual apology followed my spoof (more than two weeks later), and is more gracious.

Onlookers:  That is debatable.  I think YOUR notpology was more gracious than Dr. Whiney's, and certainly more honest.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,09:42   

I dare someone to go over with the username "cook my sock"

I can has spoonerism inference?

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Maya

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,09:45   

I'm feel like I'm channeling Erasmus here, but would Indium please PM me?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,09:48   

Quote (Maya @ Aug. 28 2009,09:45)

The essence of Rasser also flows through Tarden and Carlson.

Fnar.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,10:05   

StephenB mixes biologists and physicists in some weird kind of quantum entanglement

So, when a particle appears, that means that both the necessary and sufficient conditions were present. Otherwise, it would not or could not have happened. To be sure, the event was spontaneous and unpredictable, but it was not, as Darwinists claim, uncaused. In order for an event to be uncaused, both the necessary and sufficient conditions must be absent.

huh?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,10:19   

David Coppedge: The Cambrian explosion, which Darwin admitted was the greatest challenge to his theory, has not been solved in the 150 years since The Origin.  In fact, it has gotten much worse.  This film does more than demolish a defunct idea.  It offers the only alternative that does explain the sudden appearance of all the animal phyla: intelligent design.

hdx: lampreys, fish, amphibians, reptile, birds and humans all have the same ‘form’ by this definition.

After all, humans are 'just' elaborated Deuterostomes. A tube with appendages to stuff food into one end.

Microevolution.

--
Added picture

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,10:21   

Quote (Richardthughes @ Aug. 28 2009,09:48)
Quote (Maya @ Aug. 28 2009,09:45)

The essence of Rasser also flows through Tarden and Carlson.

Baloney.  Erasmus and I are irreconcilably opposed on the key social issue of our generation:  Whether Clive is a Dembski sock or not.

I will not stand for any comparison between myself and that inbred hillbilly boy.  :angry:

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 28 2009,10:24   

Quote (Zachriel @ Aug. 28 2009,10:19)
David Coppedge: The Cambrian explosion, which Darwin admitted was the greatest challenge to his theory, has not been solved in the 150 years since The Origin.  In fact, it has gotten much worse.  This film does more than demolish a defunct idea.  It offers the only alternative that does explain the sudden appearance of all the animal phyla: intelligent design.

hdx: lampreys, fish, amphibians, reptile, birds and humans all have the same ‘form’ by this definition.

After all, humans are 'just' elaborated Deuterostomes. A tube with appendages to stuff food into one end.

Microevolution.

David Coppedge is the YEC who runs Creation Safaris.  A nice lineup of posters they have at UD!

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

14997 replies since July 17 2008,19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (500) < ... 485 486 487 488 489 [490] 491 492 493 494 495 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]