Topic: Talkorigins website down again< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Peter Henderson

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2008,10:36   

Seems the temporary Talkorigins web address is now dead again:

http://toarchive.org/

hopefully everything is well backed up.

Assassinator

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2008,11:46   

Having the same problem for a while now. In a different topic from about a week ago, Wesley sad that the host was doing a data move or something like that, and that a couple of hours later everything would be back to normal. Apperantly that's not the case. I don't hope that the archive was lost in that move, there was truly a crápload of usefull articles on that. Although in most discussions, when I linked something from talkorigins, it was swept away just because it was from talkorigins (apperantly an atheïst lair full anti-religious propaganda, according to some I spoke with).

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2008,12:00   

The data is safe. Douglas Theobald makes daily backups, plus the files themselves haven't gone anywhere. As soon as a Lunarpages service tech with a clue about Apache virtual host configuration arrives for work, the alternate domain name should start working again.

If the alternate domain isn't serving by Tuesday, I'll get another domain name and have them set that one up as the primary.

Getting the original domain name working again is going to take perhaps a few rounds of international snailmail correspondence. It will happen, but it will take time.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

2 replies since Dec. 20 2008,10:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]