RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Topic: SETI strikes back, And this time it's personal< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: April 18 2006,07:04   

In today's Grauniad, Seth Shostak of SETI distances himself from ID.  If he distanced himself any more, we'd need SETI to hear him.

Bob

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

MidnightVoice

(Permalink) Posted: April 18 2006,07:18   

Wow - I have not seen the word "Grauniad" for eons.  Reminfds me of my youth!:D

--------------
If I fly the coop some time
And take nothing but a grip
With the few good books that really count
It's a necessary trip

I'll be gone with the girl in the gold silk jacket
The girl with the pearl-driller's hands

bourgeois_rage

(Permalink) Posted: April 18 2006,07:32   

Nice.

You know, if the IDiots joined SETI they would have claimed that they found intelligence long ago. Just turn on a radio and you can hear all the static. It is incredibly complex and must have been designed. They just haven't decoded it yet.

--------------
Overwhelming Evidence: Apply directly to the forehead.

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: April 18 2006,08:00   

I've read artlicles by him about this before, and it has been pointed out to the IDists several times, but that hasn't stopped them claiming that SETI somehow gives them scientific validity.

guthrie

(Permalink) Posted: April 18 2006,10:37   

Yes, they keep saying that Dembski et al are doing research like things the same way as SETI do.  But they dont.

And, a Catholic wrote in todays paper (The Scotsman) saying the cambrian is a great problem for evolutionary theory.  Yeah, right, you do know that its 35 million years deep?  Thats something like 6 times the depth from humans and other apes.  (AFAIK off the top of my head).

4 replies since April 18 2006,07:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]