RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (117) < ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... >   
  Topic: Telic Thoughts Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
RupertG

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,17:43   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,17:38)
It's my pleasure

But why? Why are you here? You don't want to talk about science or ID, you don't have any response beyond yelling insults or a fourth-form retort (for American readers, that's, um, around 14 years old.).

What are you enjoying so much? Don't you worry that it's making you, your friends and everything you claim to find important look, well... stupid?

R

--------------
Uncle Joe and Aunty Mabel
Fainted at the breakfast table
Children, let this be a warning
Never do it in the morning -- Ralph Vaughan Williams

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,17:52   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,16:39)

But they're secret

I keep trying to explain this to you. but you're not understanding. It's not that it's secret.

Is this related to a list of Commie sympathizers in the State department?

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,17:57   

Edward B. Daeschler, Neil H. Shubin, Farish A. Jenkins
"A Devonian tetrapod-like fish and the evolution of the tetrapod body plan" Nature  440, 757 - 763 (06 Apr 2006), doi: 10.1038/nature04639

The famous Tikaalik fossil is particularly interesting for the current discussion because the researchers went to the field location because it matched predicted age and environmental conditions that were predicted to yield this sort of predicted intermeadiate.  

See?  Prediction from theory followed by experiment/obsevation will yield important results, IF there is a theory that is not just a pile of crap.

So, Nelson? Your turn to present one of the dozens (heheh) of ID successes.

Edited to add: Come on Nelson, get with it!

Edited by Dr.GH on July 06 2008,15:58

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,17:57   

Well, that was fun. I hope Joytard comes next time!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Art

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,17:59   

Geepers, Guts.  Try as you might, you cannot be stupider than joy.  She's had decades of practice, and I suspect you're still in the rookie leagues.

Heck, you haven't yet approached Bradford's pathetic level of argumentation.  You'll need to continue this vacuous evasion for a few years to catch up to him.

And as melt-downs go, yours cannot touch the quality of MikeGene's screen-smokers.

Bottom line - you're still peon fourth class in MikeGene's coterie.  Try to accept your lot in life and get on with things.

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,18:01   

So that was about 100 people who read Nelson's being spanked.

I hope he enjoyed it.

Edited by Dr.GH on July 06 2008,16:01

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,18:57   

Oh, wow. Busy programming all weekend and look what I miss.

It's like the kid who knows everything - just ask him. Except when you do he doesn't have an answer to anything. If you stump him, all he can do is spit and bluster and throw insults.

Really, I thought most people progressed from that form of argument by high school. Apparently not.

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:02   

But why? Why are you here?

I thought I already made it crystal clear why I am here. I exposed two instances of deceit both from steve and Frostman, and I will continue to do so, even with the science. I'm not here to explain and defend my position, I go to TT and blog for that.

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:02   

I'm wondering if Guts is the HIV denier who shows up on other forums.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:06   

So that was about 100 people who read Nelson's being spanked

How was I spanked? I documented two instances of lies about my blog, and one of the liars admitted it. I'd say i'm doing pretty good.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:11   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:02)

But why? Why are you here?

I thought I already made it crystal clear why I am here. I exposed two instances of deceit both from steve and Frostman, and I will continue to do so, even with the science. I'm not here to explain and defend my position, I go to TT and blog for that.

Are yes... I'll only discuss at my fortress of creobottery where reality based comments get disappeared.

Nice one Guts!

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:13   

Are yes... I'll only discuss at my fortress of creobottery where reality based comments get disappeared.

Which ones? If you really feel that way, feel free to take any one of my blogs and critique it here, and I'll respond.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:15   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:13)

Which ones? If you really feel that way, feel free to take any one of my blogs and critique it here, and I'll respond.

No Guts, if You feel that way, discuss here, where the ability to edit the history wont be given to you. You're already been found wanting in that regard in the short time you've been here.

ID predictions?

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:18   

Like I said, I'm not here to explain to a bunch of trolls my position, it's a complete waste of time. I'm only here to expose the lies and deceit that crop up here. It's very simple concept to understand.

You = troll

Me  = troll smasher, not patient teacher

olegt

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:20   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:18)
Like I said, I'm not here to explain to a bunch of trolls my position, it's a complete waste of time. I'm only here to expose the lies and deceit that crop up here. It's very simple concept to understand.

You = troll

This from a guy who a few hours ago admitted he came here to troll.  LOL

--------------
If you are not:
Galapagos Finch
please Logout »

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:21   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:18)

You = troll

That's a great assertion: Here I am trolling at a blog where I've nearly posted 5000 times. I haven't posted at Telic Tards at all.

You and reality aren't very close, eh?

Why not post here, Guts? At least we have a decent readership and lots of scientists on hand..

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:21   

Yes I came here to troll, but in the process , I have a purpose here, which I already accomplished in part.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:22   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 06 2008,20:15)
ID predictions?

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,17:48)

You cannot even list 10.

I can list dozens, I am just trying to explain basic issues first. But no one understands.

How about one?

Describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

Then use that work to amplify the basic issues you raised above.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:22   

lol , he calls me a "Telic Tard" and then says he's not trolling. You're ridiculous.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:23   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:21)
Yes I came here to troll, but in the process , I have a purpose here, which I already accomplished in part.

What a nugget. I'm sorry Guts, being you is more sad than I can imagine.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:23   

Describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

How do you feel about the fact that your moderator is liar?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:25   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:22)
lol , he calls me a "Telic Tard" and then says he's not trolling. You're ridiculous.

The Argument Regarding Design is a an accepted acronym, according to sources preferred by Telic Tards.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:27   

And yet you can't refute a single part of any of my blogs right here in your own board. How retarded is that?

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:27   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:23)

How do you feel about the fact that your moderator is liar?

Your question is non-responsive to my request. Plus it isn't clear what you are referring to, as SteveStory no longer moderates here, and, in any event, Wesley's observation regarding Steve's remark is exactly accurate.

That said, Describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

(ETA link.)

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:31   

Your question is non-responsive to my request. Plus it isn't clear what you are referring to, as SteveStory no longer moderates here, and, in any event, Wesley's observation regarding Steve's remark is exactly accurate.

I thought you guys were supposed believe things based on evidence. Ok , I also showed that Frostman lied multiple times in this thread, how do you feel about the fact that you have an obsessive liar here in your ranks and you are doing nothing about it?

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:35   

I thought you guys were supposed believe things based on evidence.

I can list dozens, I am just trying to explain basic issues first. But no one understands.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:37   

Actually I did explain some foundational issues that are extremely relevant.

Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:38   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,20:31)

I thought you guys were supposed believe things based on evidence. Ok , I also showed that Frostman lied multiple times in this thread, how do you feel about the fact that you have an obsessive liar here in your ranks and you are doing nothing about it?

I have no feelings about Frostman whatsoever.

That said, describe a SINGLE instance of hypothesis testing uniquely driven by ID theory. A quick description of the experimental prediction (and the theoretical basis thereof), why those predictions differ from those derived from orthodox evolutionary theory, in what sense the null result would disconfirm a tenet of ID, the actual results, and the implications for future empirical work.

--------------

- David Foster Wallace

- Barry Arrington

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:39   

Quote (Guts @ July 06 2008,19:37)
Actually I did explain some foundational issues that are extremely relevant.

That's nice guts. Now, if you've finish obsfucating, ID predictions? Or even a scientific theory would be a good start.

--------------

Guts

(Permalink) Posted: July 06 2008,19:39   

I have no feelings about Frostman whatsoever.

Like I said before, they don't call this the swamp for nothing.

3497 replies since Sep. 22 2007,13:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (117) < ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]