RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (40) < ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... >   
  Topic: Vox Day: Alpha Fail., Rich veins of untapped Tard< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:06   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Jan. 25 2011,11:58)
Quote (khan @ Jan. 25 2011,11:45)
Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Jan. 25 2011,11:44)
so if you have an abortion, FtK don't give a fuck

but if you have an abortion and observe some part of the procedure, you are subhuman.  nice.

Shit, I asked to see the ultrasound.

YOU MONSTER

Yes. Also asked to the see the xrays of my fucked up wrist & back & of cat with ruptured diaphragm & whole head xray by dentist.

And to upset other folks: I have participated in chicken & turkey slaughtering.

Life is messy.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

That's so fucking stupid it merits a wing in the museum of stupid. -midwifetoad

Frequency is just the plural of wavelength...
-JoeG

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:08   

Quote (fnxtr @ Jan. 25 2011,09:57)
Quote (Wolfhound @ Jan. 25 2011,06:59)
Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Jan. 25 2011,06:34)
The feeling I have is more of repulsion and disgust, but that's just because I don't really like seeing blood. But it will never be a feeling of sadness, that's for sure...

This.  With strobe lights.

In 1984 my s.o. at the time miscarried at about 5 months. I was nearby and saw the doctor carry out a pan with something red in it.  There was definitely an emotional factor.  Even though I knew I wasn't ready to be a dad, it was still sad.  

I know it's a different situation than choosing not to carry to term. Sometimes Bad Things happen, people make hard decisions, but I really don't think anyone just shrugs off these things.  Maybe they do.  Maybe one person's heartbreak is another person's equivalent of a stubbed toe.

For my part I'm pissed off at the deliberate attempt at emotional manipulation by people who put up anti-choice billboards.  I can see how one response would be to deny that any such emotion exists.

I missed this....this is an honest response.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:09   

honest, but clearly fnxtr is just like Jeffrey Dahmer.  Why, I bet he regularly practices rape, torture, dismemberment, necrophilia and cannibalism.  You can't prove he doesn't.  I'm just saying.  Where have I been inconsistent.  It's just his lifestyle.  <shrug> Look hon, a heron!

edited to name the appropriate hero

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:11   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,10:58)

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Jan. 25 2011,10:54)

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,10:36)
How did I change my response?  I never once said that if you have an abortion you are subhuman....not once.  Pay attention.  I said, if you look at aborted fetuses and feel no empathy or revulsion...u are subhuman.  I'll certainly not change my stance on that.

FFS. This is classic FTK people.

I said, if you look at aborted fetuses and feel no empathy or revulsion...u are subhuman.

And I said, dumbass, that if you spend a lifetime looking at such and stop feeling revulsion, are you then subhuman?

Desensitizing yourself is not relevant to this coversation.

Oh, my dear, but it is.

Perhaps the first day that PZ saw such an image he reacted in the way you would want him to. I don't know one way or the other.

But after a lifetime of cutting up biological entities, just meat.

Subhuman? I don't think so.

People who hold up pictures of abortions in front of family planning clinics?

Subhuman. Without a doubt.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:14   

Quote (khan @ Jan. 25 2011,12:06)
Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Jan. 25 2011,11:58)
Quote (khan @ Jan. 25 2011,11:45)

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Jan. 25 2011,11:44)
so if you have an abortion, FtK don't give a fuck

but if you have an abortion and observe some part of the procedure, you are subhuman.  nice.

Shit, I asked to see the ultrasound.

YOU MONSTER

Yes. Also asked to the see the xrays of my fucked up wrist & back & of cat with ruptured diaphragm & whole head xray by dentist.

And to upset other folks: I have participated in chicken & turkey slaughtering.

Life is messy.

actually it's the part about cats that is the most dehumanizing.  the little bastards

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:16   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Jan. 25 2011,12:11)
Oh, my dear, but it is.

Perhaps the first day that PZ saw such an image he reacted in the way you would want him to. I don't know one way or the other.

But after a lifetime of cutting up biological entities, just meat.

Subhuman? I don't think so.

People who hold up pictures of abortions in front of family planning clinics?

Subhuman. Without a doubt.

Also note that the pictures that the forced birthers hold up are lies.
They show 6 month miscarriages as 2 month abortions.
Nothing lies like a fundie.

--------------
"It's as if all those words, in their hurry to escape from the loony, have fallen over each other, forming scrambled heaps of meaninglessness." -damitall

-JoeG

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:18   

Quote (Louis @ Jan. 25 2011,10:58)
Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,16:55)
Quote (Louis @ Jan. 25 2011,10:47)

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,16:36)

Quote (Louis @ Jan. 25 2011,10:29)

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,16:26)
I agree dheddle....two of my very closest friends have both had abortions.   I certainly am not going to disolve our friendship because of it...sheesh.  We're talking about photos and having no empathy for them.  We all do...it's a human response.

And yet not moments ago people who did not share your precise response to a photo were sub-human Dahmer-esque monsters who only said these things to justify their lifestyle.

Does your lack of intellectual integrity ever bother you, FTK? It should you know.

Oh and I notice that no detail or evidence about these lifestyles and other slanders has come forth, so we'll assume, as always, you are merely making things up to be unpleasant.

Louis

How did I change my response?  I never once said that if you have an abortion you are subhuman....not once.  Pay attention.  I said, if you look at aborted fetuses and feel no empathy or revulsion...u are subhuman.  I'll certainly not change my stance on that.

Read what I wrote FTK.

You've made an error.

Louis

What the hell does the comment about "intellectual integrity" mean then??

These "lifestyles" to which people who don't share your precise response to a photo, what are they? How do you know what you claim to know? Why is someone's emotional response to a photo predicated on some claimed lifestyle that person has?

You're making claims and judgements you have no basis for, do you think that might have some bearing on your intellectual integrity?

Louis

Same lifestyle as I've lived from time to time.  You play, you pay.  I'm not be condescending.  I could bring up my past payments, but I don't particularly care to see this thread turn into a Jerry Springer circus.

I'm just stating the obvious...chill brother.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:25   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,12:18)
Same lifestyle as I've lived from time to time.  You play, you pay.  I'm not be condescending.  I could bring up my past payments, but I don't particularly care to see this thread turn into a Jerry Springer circus.

So what is the punishment for me & the doctor & the kind folks at the clinic?

--------------

-JoeG

MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:27   

Quote (khan @ Jan. 25 2011,11:25)

She keeps repeating that she doesn't think their ought to be any legal punishment, all the while no doubt harboring thoughts that these sinners will be roasting in hell for all eternity...

Which is a funny way of saying that there ought not be any punishment, but there you go.  Her imaginary friend is a bit unpleasant that way.

The MadPanda, FCD

--------------
"No matter how ridiculous the internet tough guy, a thorough mocking is more effective than a swift kick to the gentleman vegetables with a hobnailed boot" --Louis

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:28   

Burn in hell forever, sinner!

Hey, FTK, do women who have abortions go to hell?

:p

Joke, joke.....

But answer if you like...

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:33   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,17:18)
These "lifestyles" to which people who don't share your precise response to a photo, what are they? How do you know what you claim to know? Why is someone's emotional response to a photo predicated on some claimed lifestyle that person has?

You're making claims and judgements you have no basis for, do you think that might have some bearing on your intellectual integrity?

Louis

Does anything you've said even remotely resemble details? No.

Does anything you've said even remotely resemble an argument? No.

I'm not asking for your personal details, FTK, I profoundly do not care about them.

You made a very specific claim which runs thus:

"People who do not share my emotional and visceral reaction to a photo of an aborted foetus are Dahmeresque sub-humans who do not share my emotional and visceral reaction because of their lifestyle".

This is not obvious, it's not even true as it happens, and this brother is so chilled you could keep a side of meat in him for a month.

You make a claim, you support a claim. Period. End of story, The fat lady she singeth and cetera.

If you cannot support the claim, say so and retract it. No biggie.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:35   

this brother is so chilled you could keep a side of meat in him for a month.

yes, onlookers, that is solicitation.  AND what passes for "foreplay" on louis' side of the pond

--------------

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:38   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Jan. 25 2011,12:28)

Burn in hell forever, sinner!

Hey, FTK, do women who have abortions go to hell?

:p

Joke, joke.....

But answer if you like...

Maybe we should all be in prison for ~20 years; then who is going to make your fucking sandwiches?

--------------

-JoeG

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:45   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,17:08)
Quote (fnxtr @ Jan. 25 2011,09:57)
Quote (Wolfhound @ Jan. 25 2011,06:59)

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Jan. 25 2011,06:34)
The feeling I have is more of repulsion and disgust, but that's just because I don't really like seeing blood. But it will never be a feeling of sadness, that's for sure...

This.  With strobe lights.

In 1984 my s.o. at the time miscarried at about 5 months. I was nearby and saw the doctor carry out a pan with something red in it.  There was definitely an emotional factor.  Even though I knew I wasn't ready to be a dad, it was still sad.  

I know it's a different situation than choosing not to carry to term. Sometimes Bad Things happen, people make hard decisions, but I really don't think anyone just shrugs off these things.  Maybe they do.  Maybe one person's heartbreak is another person's equivalent of a stubbed toe.

For my part I'm pissed off at the deliberate attempt at emotional manipulation by people who put up anti-choice billboards.  I can see how one response would be to deny that any such emotion exists.

I missed this....this is an honest response.

And others are not? Interesting.

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:46   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Jan. 25 2011,17:35)
this brother is so chilled you could keep a side of meat in him for a month.

yes, onlookers, that is solicitation.  AND what passes for "foreplay" on louis' side of the pond

Don't be silly. Foreplay is turning the lights off and saying "Brace yerself, love".

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:55   

You all live with it.  Sounds like you're doing well....I'm honestly glad.  Not everyone is as tough as you.  But, Ima go out on a limb here and say that when you first glanced at that little pink line on that pregnancy stick, you felt hollow for a second...or at least some type of remorseful feeling (perhaps fleeting for you in particular).  

Whatever you did after that to carry forward is your deal.  You, obviously, managed fine.

I've carried my feelings of regret for some things that have occurred in my life, but I learned A LOT from them, and I'm honestly not sure that I'd have been better off without having them.

--------------

dheddle

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:00   

Off Topic, and mostly for my pal Richard Hughes:

my son (who is autistic) on youtube.

You can bump this proud daddy to the BW, but he will not be deterred!

--------------
Mysticism is a rational enterprise. Religion is not. The mystic has recognized something about the nature of consciousness prior to thought, and this recognition is susceptible to rational discussion. The mystic has reason for what he believes, and these reasons are empirical. --Sam Harris

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:05   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,12:55)

You all live with it.  Sounds like you're doing well....I'm honestly glad.  Not everyone is as tough as you.  But, Ima go out on a limb here and say that when you first glanced at that little pink line on that pregnancy stick, you felt hollow for a second...or at least some type of remorseful feeling (perhaps fleeting for you in particular).  

Whatever you did after that to carry forward is your deal.  You, obviously, managed fine.

I've carried my feelings of regret for some things that have occurred in my life, but I learned A LOT from them, and I'm honestly not sure that I'd have been better off without having them.

Listen ms little pearl cluther:
My first thought was: shit
Fortunately for me I had no problem with the money
Anything else I would say would probably get deleted.

--------------

-JoeG

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:05   

Quote (MadPanda, FCD @ Jan. 25 2011,11:27)

She keeps repeating that she doesn't think their ought to be any legal punishment, all the while no doubt harboring thoughts that these sinners will be roasting in hell for all eternity...

Which is a funny way of saying that there ought not be any punishment, but there you go.  Her imaginary friend is a bit unpleasant that way.

The MadPanda, FCD

Hmmm...I always find it interesting to watch how people picture me.  It's funny....I don't harbor any feelings of hate for anyone.  What is the point?  I found out loooongggg ago that hate sucks...make ya feel horrible 24/7.  Life's too short.  

What kind of legal punishment could possibly be given?   I don't think I've ever heard pro-choice people offering possible ideas for punishing people legally who have had an abortion.  Honestly, it's never crossed my mind.  From where I stand, I've always wanted to see the numbers of abortions decrease by millions through education, counseling, etc..  I've never once considered someone who had an abortion evil.  Gawd...I'm a woman...I know full well what goes through one's mind when you become pregnant.  Come on....chill a little.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:08   

Quote (khan @ Jan. 25 2011,12:05)
Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,12:55)

Listen ms little pearl cluther:
My first thought was: shit
Fortunately for me I had no problem with the money
Anything else I would say would probably get deleted.

Like I said...it's your deal.  Your choice....ur life.  Don't know why you're even arguing about it.  Worked out fine for.  I'm probably wrong and you felt nothing but pissed off.  Great...makes it all the easier.

--------------

Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:10   

Quote (dheddle @ Jan. 25 2011,12:00)

WOW.  How old is he?  He play by ear..or is that memorized?

--------------

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:15   

Quote (dheddle @ Jan. 25 2011,18:00)

I don't really see what this has to do with the current discussion, but I will say this:

You're son is a Master! To have his left hand skills I would give...well... my right hand!

Thanks a thousand for the link, I'll watch it again a few times in absolute awe...

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:17   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,12:05)
Hmmm...I always find it interesting to watch how people picture me.  It's funny....I don't harbor any feelings of hate for anyone.  What is the point?  I found out loooongggg ago that hate sucks...make ya feel horrible 24/7.  Life's too short.  

What kind of legal punishment could possibly be given?   I don't think I've ever heard pro-choice people offering possible ideas for punishing people legally who have had an abortion.  Honestly, it's never crossed my mind.  From where I stand, I've always wanted to see the numbers of abortions decrease by millions through education, counseling, etc..  I've never once considered someone who had an abortion evil.  Gawd...I'm a woman...I know full well what goes through one's mind when you become pregnant.  Come on....chill a little.

Pull ye the other one: you pass judgment at one remove and pretend that you don't, because it's all about what your imaginary friend wants.

You judge those who do not behave as you do, be they promiscuous, premarital, or gay...but you hide it behind nice language and friendly concern.  It's all about what your imaginary friend tells you is right.  It's all about the magic book with the magic words and unquestionable instructions.

Your very belief system entails consigning people with whom you do not agree to everlasting punishment on the basis of what a figment of your imagination is said to have commanded.  It certainly allows you to write others off as subhuman when it's convenient!  Or do you discard the doctrine of hell when it proves to be an embarrassment?  Whoops!  There goes the reason for obeying the Sky Daddy!

And yet, you think I am hateful because I point these uncomfortable truths out to you.  Funny, that.  Project much?

The MadPanda, FCD

--------------
"No matter how ridiculous the internet tough guy, a thorough mocking is more effective than a swift kick to the gentleman vegetables with a hobnailed boot" --Louis

Louis

Quote (dheddle @ Jan. 25 2011,18:00)

Way to go Heddle Jr! Talented lad (autistic or not). And therefore I feel a partial credit and a parenting award must be given to the Heddle Srs! ;-)

You should be very justifiably proud.

I shall have to beat my boy more, he's 19 months and barely knows any quantum mechanics and he cannot even write a symphony yet.*

Louis

*I'm not serious. Of course he can write a symphony! (I'm not serious about the beating of course...is that Child Services at the door?)

--------------
Bye.

Ftk

Quote (Louis @ Jan. 25 2011,11:33)
Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,17:18)

Louis

Does anything you've said even remotely resemble details? No.

Does anything you've said even remotely resemble an argument? No.

I'm not asking for your personal details, FTK, I profoundly do not care about them.

You made a very specific claim which runs thus:

"People who do not share my emotional and visceral reaction to a photo of an aborted foetus are Dahmeresque sub-humans who do not share my emotional and visceral reaction because of their lifestyle".

This is not obvious, it's not even true as it happens, and this brother is so chilled you could keep a side of meat in him for a month.

You make a claim, you support a claim. Period. End of story, The fat lady she singeth and cetera.

If you cannot support the claim, say so and retract it. No biggie.

Louis

Again, stating the obvious.....no scientific graphs and charts needed.

Let's say for a moment, that we all lived the life....one man/one woman forever Amen.

That imediately does away with virtually all std's and the vast, vast majority of all unwanted pregnancies.  Not all....but most.  And, we'd have those little babies anyway and work things out.  

Lifestyle....period.

--------------

MadPanda, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:26   

Quote (Ftk @ Jan. 25 2011,12:17)
Let's say for a moment, that we all lived the life....one man/one woman forever Amen.

Let's suppose the moon is made of green cheese, while we're at it.

Let's just write off anyone who just happens to be different, say, because they're genetically inclined to prefer their own gender.  Or both.  (Another entry in the file of evidence that your imaginary friend is an asshole, by the way, is the growing documentation of same-sex attraction in other species.  Do pay attention!)

How about you go play in the World of Reality for a while?

By your fruits we know you, and it isn't a pretty picture.

The MadPanda, FCD

--------------

dheddle

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:29   

Thanks y'all for stroking my parent-ego. To answer one question--he has that pieced memorized, but he does not play by ear, he reads music.

--------------
Mysticism is a rational enterprise. Religion is not. The mystic has recognized something about the nature of consciousness prior to thought, and this recognition is susceptible to rational discussion. The mystic has reason for what he believes, and these reasons are empirical. --Sam Harris

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:30   

let's say for a moment that we all shit and fell back in it

--------------

Schroedinger's Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:31   

That imediately does away with virtually all std's and the vast, vast majority of all unwanted pregnancies.  Not all....but most.  And, we'd have those little babies anyway and work things out.  

Lifestyle....period.

And a big (huge) part of the population would either cheat on their spouse or commit suicide out of depression and/or repressed sexual needs.

FTK, YOUR view is not EVERYONE'S view. We have agreed on that. If you think the world would be wonderful and everyone would be pissing brandy and crapping plum-pudding if they behaved the way you think they should, that's your own problem, not ours. And it's totaly human.

I would have a miserable life if I didn't have the sexual openness I have. Don't get me wrong, I have a steady (and lovely, in case she reads this) girlfriend, and I don't ever cheat on her. But I also have had periods in my life when I was single and just wanted to have fun. Always protected, of course, because I'm not a dumbass and I got educated about these things.

In fact, I think my last sentence alone would suffice to burry your argument about STDs and unwanted pregnancy. So just keep that last one in mind, since it meets your own (public) wishes...

--------------
"Hail is made out of water? Are you really that stupid?" Joe G

"I have a better suggestion, Kris. How about a game of hide and go fuck yourself instead." Louis

"The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit" Richard Pryor

khan

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:32   

Quote (Louis @ Jan. 25 2011,13:17)
You should be very justifiably proud.

I shall have to beat my boy more, he's 19 months and barely knows any quantum mechanics and he cannot even write a symphony yet.*

Louis

*I'm not serious. Of course he can write a symphony! (I'm not serious about the beating of course...is that Child Services at the door?)

I'm 60, I've been married & divorced; I've had an abortion; I've had wisdom teeth yanked; I've had sex outside of marriage.
I've also eaten shrimp & clams; & have worn clothes of mixed fabrics; & interplanted crops.

Which of these behaviors are subject to stoning or shunning?

--------------

-JoeG

1187 replies since July 31 2008,17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (40) < ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]