RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (622) < ... 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 ... >   
  Topic: A Separate Thread for Gary Gaulin, As big as the poop that does not look< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,09:08   

I'm betting on 'not'.

Just in passing, it was rather amusing to see Gary get all huffy about "having a job to pay the bills" that he had to run off to, so he wouldn't be hanging out with us science-deniers.  Just so we knew.
This from the same, entirely credible, source who is constantly pleading poor, and how badly treated he is because he has no money.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,09:10   

Hey Gary, if you're looking for your missing credibility, maybe you can find some of it if you dig through and address some of these challenges.  It might even do some good for your integrity.
But somehow, I doubt it.

Quote (N.Wells @ Dec. 31 2014,09:31)
You've got a whole lot of transparent and ineffective distraction going on, Gary.
As NoName said earlier,

Stop deflecting, distracting, and denying.  Man up and deal with the facts on the ground:

A phenomenon is not properly called 'emergent' when it arises from a set of phenomena to which it is properly called 'self-similar'.  And vice versa.
Not all acts of 'intelligence' are motor acts, yet your "theory" insists otherwise.  This flies in the face of your assertion that your, or any competing, "theory" must "explain how ANY intelligence system works."
Deal with the fact that you smuggle 'intelligence' into your module with the undefined and uncharacterized 'guess' function.
Deal with the fact that 'guess' does not equal 'plan'.  Your "theory" is useless as a 'theory of intelligence' if it cannot deal with plans and planning.
Deal with the fact that many acts of intelligence involve imagination, and your "theory" does not deal with imagination at all.
Deal with the fact that some of the most crucial constraints on life are thermodynamic and that your "theory" simply ignores any and all thermodynamic issues.
Etc.

What is the ‘something’ that must be controlled when an intelligence creates a theory?  a musical composition?  a plan?  a story plot line?
Note that none of these require muscle activity of any sort.

What are the senses that address what memory/memories when an intelligence creates a theory?  a musical composition?  a plan?  a story plot line?
Note that each of these has been performed by individuals who lack the 'obvious' sensory modalities one would expect for the product.
Sub-question — what does it mean for memory to be sensory-addressed?  The naive view that has the senses directly writing to memory or directly “indicating” what memory to use and what to store there has been debunked many many years ago.  So what are you talking about here?

What is the measure of confidence to gauge failure and success when an intelligence creates a theory?  a musical composition?  a plan?  a story plot line?
Sub-question — what senses address what memory/memories in the creation, storage, and retrieval of the ‘confidence’ factor?  Is it analog or digital?  What process(es) modify it, at what points, and what difference does it make?

What is the ‘ABILITY TO TAKE A GUESS’?  How is it manifested and how is it utilized when  an intelligence creates a theory?  a musical composition?  a plan?  a story plot line?

What is a guess?  How does ‘guess’ relate to ‘plan’ and to ‘imagination?  Are there factors that feed into/influence the guess?  Is a guess random?  If not, what regularity does it exhibit?  Is it algorithmic?  What algorithm?  Or how is the specific algorithm used chosen?
What justifies embedding ‘guess’ into the “flow” that defines “intelligence” when the ability to guess is generally taken to be an act of intelligence?  How is it we only find guessing happening when we find ‘molecular intelligence’ in your sense, i.e., biology?
(You do realize that a random number generator in a computer program does not ‘guess’?)

And questions from me:

Why is your rubbish not made obsolete by Edgar Postrado's rubbish?

It is also unreasonable to expect out of place detail that would limit the theory to only one level of intelligence (brains) of a model that has to work for any behavior, intelligent or not.

Since you see intelligence darn near everywhere at all levels, in your opinion what behavior would qualify as not intelligent, and why?

jeffox

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,11:56   

and madder than a bag of deranged ferrets.

Ewwwww!  I know a few of those guys. . . . .

Dumber than a speeding locomotive,
Faster than a misfire,
More parasitic than the creeping terror, and
More owly than a happy healthy hoot,
IT'S THE GOO GOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  (ga joob)

Well, OK, a bit off-topic, but, well, his brand of comedy just begs for a little competition . . . . :)  :)  :)

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,14:28   

A few posts ago, Gary gave a nice example of his problems with rational discussion in English.  

Gary talked about how he feels about "everyone pretending to give a damn about science".

TT responds, "No one else in the whole world cares about science but him."

Gary writes back that TT has    
distorted what I actually wrote, which was specific for "everyone pretending to give a damn about science" not "everyone in science".

Well, no, that's not strictly true.  It is indeed true that if you go to the link, he is slamming IDists who claim to care about science but who haven't given any support to Gary, rather than all scientists or all people on this thread.  Nonetheless, the facial meaning of the words in the quote leave uncertainty regarding whether he is concerned about a pretense practiced by everyone or merely about those who practice a specific pretense.  As Texas Teach notes, this is Gary slinging words that sound good to him, without thinking them through: he wants to smuggle in the sense of "everyone" without actually being responsible for the exceptions.  Why say, "I worry about everybody drinking too much", when not everyone drinks to excess, if not to exaggerate the problem?  It's more honest to say "I worry about people who drink too much."

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,14:34   

Yes, that would be more honest.
But as we have seen, Gary doesn't "do" honesty.  It's just not his thing.
He gets snotty about being called on his dishonesty, but oddly enough he's never been able to support any of his dishonest attacks or slurs.

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,18:38   

I had a very busy day today. But this helps explain why the theory is not expected to be an easy read:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/biology....-545762

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,18:52   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 02 2015,19:38)
I had a very busy day today. But this helps explain why the theory is not expected to be an easy read:

Oh, lordy, this ridiculous trope again.
There's neither reason nor justification for your effluent to be so very very badly written.  And that's the only thing that makes your swill "not an easy read."

Nice attempt at yet another deflection/distraction, but the questions you're running from are right here for all to see.
Is that why you're hanging out at UD, they don't ask embarrassing questions you can't answer?

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,19:26   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 02 2015,18:38)

No, that's not it.

FifthMonarchyMan's response is exactly on the money:

Gary S. Gaulin says,

Regardless of how I phrase the paragraphs it will never be an easy read.

I say,

I have read my share of academic papers and while often pedantic I can usually wade through them with a little effort. That is not the case with your project.

Are you honestly saying that your work is so beyond the intelligence of the average thinker that we will never understand it.

If that is the case I’m not sure what you think “advertisement” on a public forum will gain you.

If you repeatedly denigrate the efforts of others others while linking to a work that appears to be incoherent at some point folks will start to think that you are a little out of touch with reality.

Trust me I know what it’s like to feel you have something interesting and worth sharing and to be frustrated at what seems like the bewilderment and lack of interest from others.

If I could give you a little advice it would be to step back and make at least the summary of your idea as clear as you can. Then give promoting it another try.

It’s a lot to ask a stranger to spend valuable time wading through something if you are not willing to spend a little time to make it understandable for him.

If you do that I think you’ll find that folks around here are not as stupid and uneducated and backward as we first appear.

If you will spend a little time you can be more confident that when critics ignore or reject your project it won’t be because of lack of time or understanding.

Gary, your stuff is not hard to read because it's at a high level.  It's impossible to read because your thoughts are incoherent, your grammar is hideous, your words rarely say what you imagine they say, and your sentence structure can be bizarre beyond belief.  I (and others) have given you extensive suggestions for improvement of your writing, and you routinely ignore almost all of them (your very first paragraph is STILL a complete mess), so for this you have only yourself to blame.

C'mon, Gary, you're the person who recently wrote
(You are an annoying pest, to add to the mouse on the loose in the house that is smart to how the cage mousetrap works, was surprisingly able to with their feet wet with olive oil get out of an almost upright 1800mL glass boiling flask I lured them into with a peanut butter cracker that was bigger than its head, that it stole, and the balancing tube idea that gives it four feet to jump after tipping over from its weight isn't working either)

and
At one time Earth’s oxygen poor environment allowed carbon to not burn like it would now by having enough atmospheric oxygen to ignite it into CO2 and H2O that plants and other living things will likely many times put back into the biomass again by consuming.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 02 2015,23:37   

Don't listen to these anti-real-science homos, Gary.

Only somebody with an agenda would rank this drivel....

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

....above this....

It is of course possible that one or both of the parents will later lose interest in the partnership, or they may have more offspring than they can possibly take care of, or none at all, but "for better or for worse" for such intelligence anywhere in the universe, there will nonetheless be the strong love we still need and cherish to guide us, forever through generations of time...

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,05:58   

Quote (N.Wells @ Feb. 02 2015,19:26)

N.Wells is now sided with those who are supposed to be their enemy.

The next thing you know they will be helping Ken Ham promote their Ark Park and Creation Museum.

--------------
The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,06:28   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,05:58)

The next thing you know they will be helping Ken Ham promote their Ark Park and Creation Museum.
Yay, a snotty response!  NoName's prediction is proven!

That's total idiocy on your part, Gary: I note that someone's criticism of your writing is accurate, and you think that puts me on their side re science vs nonscience???

Do you really mean to defend the following as acceptable writing? -

(You are an annoying pest, to add to the mouse on the loose in the house that is smart to how the cage mousetrap works, was surprisingly able to with their feet wet with olive oil get out of an almost upright 1800mL glass boiling flask I lured them into with a peanut butter cracker that was bigger than its head, that it stole, and the balancing tube idea that gives it four feet to jump after tipping over from its weight isn't working either)

and

At one time Earth’s oxygen poor environment allowed carbon to not burn like it would now by having enough atmospheric oxygen to ignite it into CO2 and H2O that plants and other living things will likely many times put back into the biomass again by consuming.

Your writing is truly abominable (and even worse for you, it exposes the incoherence at the root of your thinking). In what way is FifthMonarchyMan's criticism of your writing inaccurate?

(Edited to add: UD supporters seem to manage to tolerate Denyse's writing without complaining, for crying out loud, so it's not like that group has especially high standards.)

Also, the s at the end of my name does not indicate that I'm plural :)

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,06:59   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,06:58)

So we should reject the truth that 2 + 2 equals 4 because Ken Ham and (most of) the denizens of UD also hold that belief?

You can't even do ad hominem right.

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,07:01   

And this from the same person who insists that his work is targeted at 'K-12 level science education'.
Pretty hard to reconcile those two facts, isn't it Gary?

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,08:25   

After being reminded for the 431,869th time that his theory is incomprehensible rubbish, Gary issues a challenge to Fifthmonarchyman....

Let's take a look at Gary's explanation for the Cambrian Explosion shall we?

Yep....utter drivel.

Please explain, Gary, why letting your VBasic bug run around the screen sheds any light on why 'In perhaps as few as 10 million years, marine animals evolved most of the basic body forms that we observe in modern groups.'

Well?

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,09:00   

I suppose white noise can sound like anything if you filter it right...

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,09:17   

Quote (fnxtr @ Feb. 03 2015,10:00)

Indeed.

And we are surely all quite curious as to why Gary is looking for someone on UD to present what of Gary's theory he understands so Gary can clarify and correct.
He's been presented with ample opportunities here to take the understanding we've laid out and either agree that we've got it or provide corrections as to what he 'really' meant.

Yet somehow that never happens.
No clarification of 'molecular intelligence'.
No clarification of 'cellular intelligence'.
No defense of his abuse of the term 'learn' and its variants.
No clarification on when and how sensory addressed memory plays a role in musical composition by deaf composers.
No clarification of what muscle control systems are involved in the creation of a melody, the recognition of transposed melody played on a different instrument and with a different tempo.
No clarification of what muscle control systems are involved in the creation of hypotheses or theories.
No attempt to rectify any of the blatant contradictions we've pointed out in his work.

Probably because he can't find the right filter for all the white noise in his head.  Too many voices all gibbering at once.  That must be it.  He needs UD to present some interpretation he can steal and use.

jeffox

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,11:20   

I think it was Lou Stathis who called that 'being Enosified'.  

In Goo Goo's case, it's just brain salad static.  :)  :)  :)  

Whatta hoot!

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,11:46   

Quote (NoName @ Feb. 03 2015,07:01)

And this from the same person who insists that his work is targeted at 'K-12 level science education'.

In the famed words of Groucho Marx: "Why, a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it."

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,13:32   

Quote (Woodbine @ Feb. 03 2015,06:25)
After being reminded for the 431,869th time that his theory is incomprehensible rubbish, Gary issues a challenge to Fifthmonarchyman....

Let's take a look at Gary's explanation for the Cambrian Explosion shall we?

Yep....utter drivel.

Please explain, Gary, why letting your VBasic bug run around the screen sheds any light on why 'In perhaps as few as 10 million years, marine animals evolved most of the basic body forms that we observe in modern groups.'

Well?

What, you mean evolutionary biologists don't define the Cambrian Explosion as "the time when confidence went up to 80% of full scale"?  Are you serious?

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,16:55   

The answers to my questions are very revealing:

Gary S. Gaulin - February 3, 2015 at 6:44 am

Fifthmonarchyman it would be helpful for you to explain what you did understand, as opposed to suggesting that you could not understand anything at all then try to get rid of me.

According to the theory:
How is intelligence systematically qualified?
In the computer model how is intelligence detected?
What is the primary mechanism responsible for the Cambrian Explosion?

fifthmonarchyman - February 3, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Gary Gaulin says,

it would be helpful for you to explain what you did understand as opposed to suggesting that you could not understand anything at all then try to get rid of me.

I say,

It would be helpful if you would put together a short summery of your idea. You should be able to do so in just a few minutes. I don’t need details at this point just give me the highlights

I’m not trying to get rid of you. I’m trying to help you out. If you don’t want my advise fine. I tried.

No offense but Your work appears to me to be mostly gibberish with a few sciencey words sprinkled around. That does not mean that it is gibberish it merely means that I have no entrance point to begin to tackle it.

I’m not in a position to answer your questions about a theory that I don’t understand. Instead of asking me those questions why don’t you sit down and give me the answers along with a few elaborating sentences.

Who knows your answers might be a start to a good abstract.

peace

--------------

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,16:57   

Quote (N.Wells @ Feb. 03 2015,11:46)
Quote (NoName @ Feb. 03 2015,07:01)

In the famed words of Groucho Marx: "Why, a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it."

According to the theory:

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,17:21   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,16:55)

Fifthmonarchyman it would be helpful for you to explain what you did understand, as opposed to suggesting that you could not understand anything at all then try to get rid of me.

According to the theory:

Gary Gaulin says,

it would be helpful for you to explain what you did understand as opposed to suggesting that you could not understand anything at all then try to get rid of me.

I say,

It would be helpful if you would put together a short summery of your idea. You should be able to do so in just a few minutes. I don’t need details at this point just give me the highlights

I’m not trying to get rid of you. I’m trying to help you out. If you don’t want my advise fine. I tried.

No offense but Your work appears to me to be mostly gibberish with a few sciencey words sprinkled around. That does not mean that it is gibberish it merely means that I have no entrance point to begin to tackle it.

I’m not in a position to answer your questions about a theory that I don’t understand. Instead of asking me those questions why don’t you sit down and give me the answers along with a few elaborating sentences.

peace

I'd bet good money they don't reveal to you what they reveal to everyone else.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,17:51   

These people are just plain scientifically lazy and ignorant.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/biology....-546046

--------------

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,18:30   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,18:51)
These people are just plain scientifically lazy and ignorant.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/biology....-546046

You've got no room talk.
You're not only intellectually lazy and ignorant, you are dishonest on top of it.
Get help.  You need it.

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,19:46   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,16:55)

According to the theory:

Gary Gaulin says,

I say,

peace

He's absolutely correct that your stuff comes across as largely illiterate garbage.

Your work is indeed an incoherent morass of science-y sounding words that cannot actually make sense if taken together in their usual senses.  We've been complaining about that since the beginning of the thread.

I also note that you and your pile of reeking verbiage give no indication that you are able to answer your own damn questions, so it is unclear why anyone else should bother - it's not like you have provided any evidence or logic that gives any support to your assertions, which might entice someone to look into your stuff any more deeply.  

This is one example of what fifthmonarchyman is unable to understand:

A behavior qualifies as intelligent behavior by meeting all four circuit requirements for this ability, which are: [1] body (or modeling platform) with motor muscles (proteins, electric speaker, electronic “write” to a screen) to control, [2] memory addressed by sensory sensors where each motor action and its associated confidence value are separate data elements, [3] confidence (central hedonic, homeostasis) system that increments (stored in memory) confidence value of a successful motor action else decrements the confidence value, [4] guess new memory action when associated confidence level sufficiently decreases (and if not prerandomized motor data then when first addressed). For flagella powered cells reversing motor direction can produce a tumble to a new heading direction, guess where to go.

The IBM Watson system that won at Jeopardy qualifies as intelligent. Word combinations for hypotheses were guessed then tested against memory for confidence in each being a hypothesis that is true, and whether confident enough in its best answer to “push the buzzer”. The Watson platform simply had a speaker (for vocal muscles) and muscles guiding a pen was simulated by an electric powered writing device.

After several years of the same old excuses it’s obvious that several more years of rewriting the theory (after already having added several illustrations algorithmically showing the above information as well as computer models showing this in code) is a waste of time on those who want nothing to do with science.

There's no reason for him to understand that, and no one needs to waste time trying to answer your questions until you put your heap of rubbish into comprehensible English.  It is your responsibility to explain your ideas clearly, and not anyone else's to explain it to you.  YOU have to show that it is worth studying, and all that you've done so far has achieved EXACTLY the opposite effect.  No one can understand your stuff, because some of it is too ungrammatical to be clearly interpreted (e.g., items #1, 3, & 4), and some of it doesn't make sense even when given the benefit of the doubt.  What you listed cannot be the distinguishing characteristics of intelligence, because they exclude phenomena that are generally considered to be at the acme of intelligence, such as composing a symphony, imagining a painting, planning your life, thinking up an explanation, or evaluating a theory (or even just planning a bank robbery), while including autofocus mechanisms and Neato vacuum cleaners.

You've got no room [to] talk.
You're not only intellectually lazy and ignorant*, you are dishonest on top of it.
Get help.  You need it.
Seconded.
[* of biology and English.  Getting a computer program to work is not insignificant, and fixing a mass spectrometer also indicates technical smarts and skills.  Do yourself a huge favor and concentrate on stuff that you are actually competent at.  This isn't it.]

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,21:08   

I simply need to give up on those who are too busy with their religious crusades (including Atheist zealots) to care about science.

--------------

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,21:52   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,21:08)
I simply need to give up on those who are too busy with their religious crusades (including Atheist zealots) to care about science.

You've been saying that for years.  Perhaps you should make a better guess?

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,22:04   

Fifthmonarchyman notes, very reasonably and remarkably politely, that Gary's drivel is incomprehensible:

What is a “circuit requirement” and why is your fourfold list both necessary and comprehensive? You don’t say.

I would say for a behavior to qualify as intelligent it should be non-algorithmic and non-random. Why are my requirements unnecessary and yours self evident?

Another thing, whatever “motor muscles” and “sensory sensors” are I don’t see how a behavior could possibly possess them. A behavior is what an intelligent agent exhibits. I am not a behavior I am a agent.

Even if a “behavior” could possess these things you give no evidence or argument why they are necessary or sufficient for intelligence.

The rest of your project is equally as confusing as this paragraph. At least from my perspective.

If I overlook these things I still don’t see the point. you define intelligence in such a way that It appears that you trying to explain a phenomena that does not need explaining.
Anyway all these comments assume that I understand what you are getting at and I’m not at all sure I do.

Gary offers a typically nonresponsive answer:

The text that I quoted is from the Introduction section explaining the illustration of the “circuit” in which all four of the “circuit requirements” are also shown algorithmically. Why the four “requirements” are necessary and comprehensive will require studying the rest of the theory where the same four requirements are explained a good number of times in relation to all levels of intelligence that the theory covers, so that it is obvious that all in biology is fully covered by only four requirements.
 This is not at all obvious.  Gary, you are making assertions that are apparently self-evident to you, but which are not at all obvious to everyone else.

Fifthmonarchyman disagrees with Gary     
I’ve read your paper and I would disagree. ...... I don’t think you’ve demonstrated otherwise. I don’t think you’ve demonstrated those things are even coherent.
 Gary, essentially everyone who has encountered your verbiage has reached the same conclusion.

Gary replies,      
I already found those who accept the model and theory. The model even won a superior coding award. The problem is that none that I know of are in the ID movement, and I cannot afford more years of trying to explain it to those who tell me that they cannot understand any of it at all and I need to rewrite the whole thing all over again, and again, and again, and again.
 No you really haven't found anyone to accept it (and it doesn't yet amount to a theory).  You found a small handful of people who offered encouragement based apparently on seeing some complicated-looking graphs, but who show no evidence of reading, understanding, or being knowledgeable enough to critique your ideas about biology.  Everyone who knows anything about biology has rejected your ideas.

And yes, you do need to rewrite it again and again and again, until it becomes comprehensible.  Sadly, that seems to be an unreachable goal for you.

Perhaps you should make a better guess?

Nice comment (not to mention the implicit reason according to Gary's definition of intelligence as to exactly why that is never going to happen).

GaryGaulin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,22:26   

At least it is now obvious to unbiased readers why I started in a community where I previously published for that is interested in novel computer models, not a religiously motivated loony bin like this one that can't understand anything.

--------------

N.Wells

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 03 2015,22:45   

Quote (GaryGaulin @ Feb. 03 2015,22:26)
At least it is now obvious to unbiased readers why I started in a community where I previously published for that is interested in novel computer models, not a religiously motivated loony bin like this one that can't understand anything.

You've got two choices, Gary: A) Stick with your oh-so-wonderful-to-you stuff in its current form, which no one can understand and which does not entice anyone to try, or B) fix its flaws, produce some supporting evidence, and rewrite it well enough that people can understand it.  You've now garnered the exact same criticisms from everyone who has tried to read your stuff, from the scientists whom you hoped would fawn over your ideas in awe of their stupendousness to the religionists whom you hoped would fawn over your ideas out of gratitude for your support.  None of what you want is going to happen.  So, are you going to blame the messengers, or do something about why your drivel is so roundly rejected?

18634 replies since Oct. 31 2012,02:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (622) < ... 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]