RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (919) < ... 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:44   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,09:33)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:12)
Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,02:48)
Well Joe your writing level at least seems to be improving even if your comprehension is still at poorly educated hillbilly level.

...er quoting a Ham Radio link as an authority on Physics EM theory is about the same as quoting an ID link on the TOE i.e. not much science.

WRT comprehension: Your interpretation of equivalence fails to identify where the equivalence between frequency of an EM wave's oscillation and the EM wave's wavelength lies. Until your last post where you are less ambiguous and say that the generation of an EM wave can be measured either in units of inverse time (frequency of oscillation of a wave) or the length of the wave.
Previously you misidentified an equivalence between the definition of frequency  (of wave oscillation which is expressed as an inverse of time and therefore in units of time) and distance which is the unit used to quantify wavelength. A physics student would never make that mistake.

And rather than taking the time to disabuse you of that most people on the various forums find it much more amusing just to take the piss out of you since you show no interest in correcting your mistakes.

Are you now saying distance is not equivalent to time?

If a physics student was asked the question "As for physics it says that transmitting on a frequency of 1.87 MHz is the equivalent of transmitting on a wavelength of 160 meters."

I presume this would be where our apocryphal physics student was asked in a pub quiz ...say after class because no physics exam starts with "As for physics"...In any case if he gave your answer in any physics exam I've sat it would be marked FAIL.

If you consider that any standard EM wave transmitter usually has a transmission line between it and its antenna with a different wave velocity than a vacuum you may want to revise your answer.

For bonus points:

1)What causes the velocity of an EM wave to change in a given medium? Clue:- the answer must include the word Permeability.
2)Does the the wave's frequency of oscillation change when migrating between media of varying permeability?

For a gold star:

If a conventional waveguide is evacuated of all air leaving a vacuum is the velocity of the wave in the waveguide the same as as in the vacuum of free space.

But if you had to classify all of the alleged transitional forms the it would be impossible to find objective criteria to form distinct groups. That is because you would expect a smooth blending of traits- unless your mechanism is saltation. You would have to try to find some other method to form a nested hierarchy- good luck with that.

Pure drivel and special pleading.

LoL! You didn't even address my example- you must be an ignorant ass.

Again:

Transmitting on a frequency of 1.87 MHz is EQUIVALENT to transmitting on a wavelength of 160 meters.

That is the physics equivalency, Davey. So go sit on a pole.

Your example is worthless handwaving designed to support your denial of the what the scientific definition of a nested hierarchy is. And is complete waste of time debating with you since you lack the focus and reading comprehension required to have a rational conversation about it. Get some class time and pass a few exams then come back.

Transmitting on a frequency of 1.87 MHz is EQUIVALENT to transmitting on a wavelength of 160 meters.

So you finally acknowledge frequency is not  EQUIVALENT to wavelength!

That wasn't so hard was it?

Not just ronery but fucking slow.

LoL! I know what the scientific definition of a nested hierarchy is. You don't. I have supported my case, you haven't.

The ham radio link and my example was to show that in a specific context frequency and wavelength are INTERCHANGEABLE- I see that word is still too big for you to comprehend its meaning.

--------------
"Facts are Stupid"- Timothy Horton aka Occam's Afterbirth

"Genetic mutations aren't mistakes"-ID and Timothy Horton

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

YEC is more coherent than materialism and it's bastard child, evolutionism

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:48   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:42)
Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,09:36)

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:23)
I challenge any and all of you to demonstrate that water, ice and steam are equivalent, ie all the same.

Good luck with that

They are composed of the same elements dick wit.

Never mind. Do you have a recipe for tick and watermelon caek?

LoL! So steam = ice = water cuz they are made up of the same molecule- really?

What an imbecilic answer

hahhahahahahahahahahahahah

classic JOE TARD !!!!!!

WRONG They are the SAME molecule, what is DIFFERENT is temperature and pressure.

JOE TARD hillbilly reading abiliity.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:50   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,09:48)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:42)

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,09:36)

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:23)
I challenge any and all of you to demonstrate that water, ice and steam are equivalent, ie all the same.

Good luck with that

They are composed of the same elements dick wit.

Never mind. Do you have a recipe for tick and watermelon caek?

LoL! So steam = ice = water cuz they are made up of the same molecule- really?

What an imbecilic answer

hahhahahahahahahahahahahah

classic JOE TARD !!!!!!

WRONG They are the SAME molecule, what is DIFFERENT is temperature and pressure.

JOE TARD hillbilly reading abiliity.

So water, ice and steam are all the same? Cuz physics says there is a difference between liquids, solids and gases.

--------------

Whales do not have tails. Water turns to ice via a molecular code-  Acartia bogart, TARD

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:51   

My point wrt ice and water has always been ice is a solid and water is a liquid. That means they are not the same even though they are both made up of the same molecule.

We play hockey on ice, not water. We play water polo in water, not in ice.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:54   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:44)

Well Joe your writing level at least seems to be improving even if your comprehension is still at poorly educated hillbilly level.

...er quoting a Ham Radio link as an authority on Physics EM theory is about the same as quoting an ID link on the TOE i.e. not much science.

WRT comprehension: Your interpretation of equivalence fails to identify where the equivalence between frequency of an EM wave's oscillation and the EM wave's wavelength lies. Until your last post where you are less ambiguous and say that the generation of an EM wave can be measured either in units of inverse time (frequency of oscillation of a wave) or the length of the wave.
Previously you misidentified an equivalence between the definition of frequency  (of wave oscillation which is expressed as an inverse of time and therefore in units of time) and distance which is the unit used to quantify wavelength. A physics student would never make that mistake.

And rather than taking the time to disabuse you of that most people on the various forums find it much more amusing just to take the piss out of you since you show no interest in correcting your mistakes.

If a physics student was asked the question "As for physics it says that transmitting on a frequency of 1.87 MHz is the equivalent of transmitting on a wavelength of 160 meters."

I presume this would be where our apocryphal physics student was asked in a pub quiz ...say after class because no physics exam starts with "As for physics"...In any case if he gave your answer in any physics exam I've sat it would be marked FAIL.

If you consider that any standard EM wave transmitter usually has a transmission line between it and its antenna with a different wave velocity than a vacuum you may want to revise your answer.

For bonus points:

1)What causes the velocity of an EM wave to change in a given medium? Clue:- the answer must include the word Permeability.
2)Does the the wave's frequency of oscillation change when migrating between media of varying permeability?

For a gold star:

If a conventional waveguide is evacuated of all air leaving a vacuum is the velocity of the wave in the waveguide the same as as in the vacuum of free space.

But if you had to classify all of the alleged transitional forms the it would be impossible to find objective criteria to form distinct groups. That is because you would expect a smooth blending of traits- unless your mechanism is saltation. You would have to try to find some other method to form a nested hierarchy- good luck with that.

Again:

Your example is worthless handwaving designed to support your denial of the what the scientific definition of a nested hierarchy is. And is complete waste of time debating with you since you lack the focus and reading comprehension required to have a rational conversation about it. Get some class time and pass a few exams then come back.

LoL! I know what the scientific definition of a nested hierarchy is. You don't. I have supported my case, you haven't.

The ham radio link and my example was to show that in a specific context frequency and wavelength are INTERCHANGEABLE- I see that word is still too big for you to comprehend its meaning.

Joe I studied Physics at a real university (and passed) and have had a Ham Radio licence for over 50 years.

You?.......(poorly educated) crickets chirping.

You are the one going around saying frequency and wavelength were the same and ice isn't water.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:55   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:51)
My point wrt ice and water has always been ice is a solid and water is a liquid. That means they are not the same even though they are both made up of the same molecule.

Jesus Joe make your mind up.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:56   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,09:54)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:44)

For bonus points:

For a gold star:

Again:

Joe I studied Physics at a real university (and passed) and have had a Ham Radio licence for over 50 years.

You?.......(poorly educated) crickets chirping.

You are the one going around saying frequency and wavelength were the same and ice isn't water.

Ice is a solid and water is a liquid. That means ice isn't water, ie a solid is not a liquid, dumbass.

And as I have demonstrated frequency and wavelength are interchangeable depending on the context. Clearly you are just an asshole.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:56   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,09:55)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:51)

Jesus Joe make your mind up.

What the fuck? That has always been my case- ALWAYS. Don't blame me for you willful ignorance, Davey.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,09:58   

And yet you didn't seem to know that liquids are different from solids and that transmitting on a freq of 1.87MHz is the same as transmitting on  a wavelength of 160 meters.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:06   

No Joe frequency and wavelength are not INTERCHANGEABLE-EQUIVALENT-EQUAL-SAME-US ARMY-CAEK-RECIPE-HIERARCHY or any other simile that springs into your dull brain at the time.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:07   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,17:58)

And yet you didn't seem to know that liquids are different from solids and that transmitting on a freq of 1.87MHz is the same as transmitting on  a wavelength of 160 meters.

Go back to sleep toaster repairman.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:09   

Hey Joe why don't you tell us what the difference between liquid water and solid water is?

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:16   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,09:14)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,08:54)
Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 01 2018,21:47)
And a cubic foot of water (H2O) weighs more than a cubic foot of ice (H2O)- just more evidence that they are different.

And a cubic foot of water at 4 C ways more than a cubic foot of water at 20 C - just further evidence that water is different than water.

Water @ 4C and @ 20C will not cause pipes to burst whereas ice will.

You lose, again, as usual

Damn, I missed the field goal again. I wish those goal posts would stop shifting.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:20   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,09:23)

Good luck with that

Put water, ice and steam in a 1 L closed container at room temperature. Wait a couple hours. What is left in the container?

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:20   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,18:16)

And a cubic foot of water (H2O) weighs more than a cubic foot of ice (H2O)- just more evidence that they are different.

And a cubic foot of water at 4 C ways more than a cubic foot of water at 20 C - just further evidence that water is different than water.

Damn, I missed the field goal again. I wish those goal posts would stop shifting.

Yeah Joe ball depends on pipes and whether the US-ARMY org chart proves the TOE wrong.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:21   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,18:20)

Good luck with that

Put water, ice and steam in a 1 L closed container at room temperature. Wait a couple hours. What is left in the container?

That's far too complicated for him, put it in a toaster.

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:22   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,09:51)

I would pay money to see you playing either of these. Although, at least with water polo you can rely on your blubber to stay afloat.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:25   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,10:21)

Good luck with that

And stir it with a knife.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,10:26   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,18:25)

Good luck with that

Ha! Frequently.

--------------

JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,11:12   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,08:26)

Good luck with that

Ha! Frequently.

Every couple of feet.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it. - Robert Byers

There isn't any probability that the letter d is in the word "mathematics"...  The correct answer would be "not even 0" - JoeG

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,11:13   

Quote (JohnW @ Jan. 02 2018,19:12)
Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,08:26)

Good luck with that

Ha! Frequently.

Every couple of feet.

Once he gets them both out of his mouth.

--------------

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:11   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,10:22)

I would pay money to see you playing either of these. Although, at least with water polo you can rely on your blubber to stay afloat.

Be careful what you wish for.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:16   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,10:20)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,18:16)

Yeah Joe ball depends on pipes and whether the US-ARMY org chart proves the TOE wrong.

Wow- I never said anything about proving the ToE wrong. The ToE doesn't say anything about nested hierarchies. There isn't even a scientific ToE.

What I said was that the fact that the US Army is a nested hierarchy proves that Theobald is wrong as he claims the only known process to produce a nested hierarchy is branching evolutionary processes.

But thanks for proving that you are too stupid to follow along.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:17   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,10:06)

No Joe frequency and wavelength are not INTERCHANGEABLE-EQUIVALENT-EQUAL-SAME-US ARMY-CAEK-RECIPE-HIERARCHY or any other simile that springs into your dull brain at the time.

Then it is strange that I provided an sample and a reference that support my claim that they are interchangeable in a specific context.

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:18   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,10:22)

I would love to play both against you, loser. I bet that you wouldn't survive either encounter

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:19   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,10:09)
Hey Joe why don't you tell us what the difference between liquid water and solid water is?

Already have, loser. Why don't you tell us how they are the same and there aren't any differences

--------------

Joe G

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:20   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,10:20)

Good luck with that

LoL! Keep moving the goalposts like the cowardly loser you are.

--------------

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:40   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,12:20)
Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Jan. 02 2018,10:20)

Good luck with that

LoL! Keep moving the goalposts like the cowardly loser you are.

You challenged us to demonstrate that water, ice and steam are all the same. I described a simple experiment to test this. Only in Joe-world would this be considered a shifting of goal posts. But, in Joe-world, Frequency = Wavelength, water and ice are not the same, and ticks eat watermelons, so I guess we can't expect too much.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:41   

Quote (Joe G @ Jan. 02 2018,12:17)
Then it is strange that I provided an sample and a reference that support my claim that they are interchangeable in a specific context.

"in a specific context."

LOL!  Look at Joke *now* adding the qualifier he's stupidly overlooked for the last 5 years despite being corrected on it a few hundred times.

:D    :D    :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 02 2018,12:41   

Quote (k.e.. @ Jan. 02 2018,10:26)

Good luck with that

Ha! Frequently.

While standing in a bucket of room temperature ice.

27552 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (919) < ... 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]