RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (500) < ... 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 2, general discussion of Dembski's site< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,21:40   

hahahaha

Dave gets a lesson in Thruthy-ness

Lutepisc

12/17/2008

9:40 pm

What has satisfying got to do with anything? The truth is often disappointing.

Dave, I think Barry meant that the promissory materialism in this case, being blatant, is not very satisfying intellectually (rather than “not very satisfying” emotionally, which you seem to have read).

There appears to be plenty of evidence for ....*whateva the fuck*...

Don't you see Dave? Barry was being interlektual

You were being emotional.

Could Barry have more IQ than part time materialist Dave?????

Here is the question Dave should answer right now.

Considering he is the mostest intelligent and therefore the biggest...ah interlektual on UD.

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT HOMO'S!

I JUST USED BARRY TO WIPE MY ASS AND THAT SUCKHOLE Lutepisc ......WHAT KIND OF A NAME IS THAT ANYWAY? MUST BE A DAMN YANKEE ....IS GOIN' TO GET MY BOOT WHERE HIS BRAINS ARE dt.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,22:08   

In her latest bloviation, Granny Tard seems to be making the point that journalists should not insult people by describing them using words "assigned to them by their enemies". The particularly insulting word she targets is "fundamentalist".

Does this mean she will stop using the words "Darwinist" or "materialist", since those seem to be words "assigned to them by their enemies"?

Of course not! That sort of logical consistency would require more synapses than the Spatula Brain possesses.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,22:26   

I shat you a brain.

what a tard.  truly one of their bestest gladiators

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,22:38   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 17 2008,20:19)
is it just me, or does the current situation at UD seem less than stable?

Something's gotta change, and it's headed towards increasingly Scooterish moderation.

By the way, has anyone notified JAD that the coast is clear now that Dave "scooter" Springtard has been gelded? It'd be nice to see JAD's special magic back at UD.

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,23:28   

ET TU TARD

DaveScot

12/17/2008

11:12 pm
Lutepisc

Excuse me but a narrative about an immortal soul seems to be aimed at something extremely emotional - the fear of death. It’s certainly not more intellectually satisfying because near as I can tell it’s pure fantasy.

go DaveTard my hero ......BWHahhahahahahahaha

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,23:40   

DaveScot

12/17/2008

Lutepisc

Excuse me but a narrative about an immortal soul seems to be aimed at something extremely emotional - the fear of death. It’s certainly not more intellectually satisfying because near as I can tell it’s pure fantasy.

Am I missing something, or did Davetard just dis the Wholly Babble?  Wasn't there a big part in there about some poor mook getting nailed to a cross to save man's immortal soul from da Debbil?

:O  :O  :O

Man, that's gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl with the rank and file Fundy IDiots.

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 17 2008,23:50   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 18 2008,07:40)

DaveScot

12/17/2008

Lutepisc

Am I missing something, or did Davetard just dis the Wholly Babble?  Wasn't there a big part in there about some poor mook getting nailed to a cross to save man's immortal soul from da Debbil?

:O  :O  :O

Man, that's gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl with the rank and file Fundy IDiots.

DAMN WRITE HOMO GIRLYMEN!!!!

DON'T YOU WISH YOU COULD POST HERE LIKE THAT?

HAHAHAHAHAHA I KILL ME SOMETIMES

JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS SATISFYING WITH A CAPITAL S dt

ring ring

I WONDER WHO THE FUCK THAT IS.

checks phone number & answers

<gay> *SPRINGER'S MORTUARTY YOU STAB 'EM WE SLAB 'EM*
YES BILL
OK BILL
YEAH BILL GOT IT
OK BILL OK OK I'M SORRY BILL

hangs up

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! dt

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,00:08   

KE, please, calm down. You're scaring us.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,00:22   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 18 2008,08:08)
KE, please, calm down. You're scaring us.

hahahahahahaha......too many nicorettes.

--------------

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,00:36   

Quote (Zachriel @ Dec. 17 2008,12:18)

gpuccio: The fact is that the causal engine in darwinian theory is, by definition, a process of random variation. It is not so important to know exactly which probability distribution we apply. We assume the uniform distribution because it is the most reasonable approximation. But, whatever distribution we assume, the search remains a random search.

No, an evolutionary search is not a random search of the entire landscape, but a random search of spaces nearby to existing sequences. This highly constrains the possible trajectories.

But perhaps we are misunderstanding what gpuccio means. He resolves the confusion.

gpuccio: Here you make a lot of confusion. First of all, again, here the problem is not the distribution. A uniform distribution in the search space of a protein just means that all sequences have a similar probability to occur.

That is exactly wrong. With an evolutionary algorithm, the vast majority of sequences will never be tested. They have near-zero probability.

gpuccio, WAD and all the others IDiots don't understand the most basic fact about evolution: EVERY living creature is already IN the search zone.  The search zone gpuccio is talking about consists of the sequences of DNA that will construct and operate a viable creature capable of reproducing the DNA sequence and passing it on to the next generation.  Evolution doesn't have to search for the zone, it just has to stay in it.  

The strategy it uses to do this is simply to keep the number of changes to the DNA low so you're only searching in the immediate area of the "zone".

gp, here's something to remember: if a critter is alive and capable of producing offspring, it is already inside your search zone.

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,00:50   

I'm waiting for all the moderators to ban each other and when the smoke clears, nobody in the known universe can post, UD dies a horrible death, a tard famine scourges the entire world and scores of people on the Uncommonly Dense thread die from tard deprivation.

Personally, I'm stockpiling.  My root cellar is full of screen captures from UD.

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,01:21   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Dec. 17 2008,17:25)
Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 17 2008,18:20)
Oooooh!  DaveScot takes on Barry A!

Dave gets in the first shot, and tosses in a snide remark about Barry A's new moderation policy...

DaveScot:

Barry

As a materialist most of the time I feel qualified to point out that what materialists generally think is an illusion is consciousness that is independent of a brain. I suspect few if any would agree that consciousness itself is an illusion. The previous poster, now banned, made a legitimate point.

Barry stumbles but replies

Barry A:

Your response can be boiled down to: A thoroughly materialist account of consciousness,which probably must take into account quantum mechanics, is too complicated for us to express now, and will probably always be too complicated for us to express. This is the typical “promissory materialism” that we have seen so often with a twist. Here the twist is that in the very act of making the promissory note, the maker of the note admits that he may never be able to pay it. Not very satisfying to say the least.

Dave with another nut punch...

DaveScot:

Barry,

I won’t agree that there is more than a brain required for self-consciousness. Occam’s Razor seems to be cutting in my favor as you’re the one who is adding something unnecessary (IMO) to what’s needed to explain self-awareness. What has satisfying got to do with anything? The truth is often disappointing.

This could get interesting.  Where's the damn popcorn smiley?

I'm rooting for Dave on this one.

Kick 'im in the na..

I mean, good luck Dave.

*settles in with popcorn and Spanish flash cards*

ETA:

Oh, and look.  Dave's comments weren't in white.  That means he doesn't have the keys to UD.

But Crandaddy does.  Poor Dave.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,06:10   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Dec. 18 2008,01:21)
Oh, and look.  Dave's comments weren't in white.  That means he doesn't have the keys to UD.

Bill or (FSM forbid) Denyse must have scoured the universe for IDiots like Crandaddy and DonaldM to bring new tardstreams to UD. I noted that Wee Willie put in a hopeful plea to bring back uber-fundie Gerry Rzeppa, whom DT banned a while back. When his pontifications show up in white, we'll know that UD has turned another corner toward terminal circle-jerkery. And Dave would probably ban himself, if he only had the keys again.

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
                        - Pattiann Rogers

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,06:17   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Dec. 18 2008,09:21)

Quote (Lou FCD @ Dec. 17 2008,17:25)

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 17 2008,18:20)
Oooooh!  DaveScot takes on Barry A!

Dave gets in the first shot, and tosses in a snide remark about Barry A's new moderation policy...

DaveScot:

Barry

As a materialist most of the time I feel qualified to point out that what materialists generally think is an illusion is consciousness that is independent of a brain. I suspect few if any would agree that consciousness itself is an illusion. The previous poster, now banned, made a legitimate point.

Barry stumbles but replies

Barry A:

Your response can be boiled down to: A thoroughly materialist account of consciousness,which probably must take into account quantum mechanics, is too complicated for us to express now, and will probably always be too complicated for us to express. This is the typical “promissory materialism” that we have seen so often with a twist. Here the twist is that in the very act of making the promissory note, the maker of the note admits that he may never be able to pay it. Not very satisfying to say the least.

Dave with another nut punch...

DaveScot:

Barry,

I won’t agree that there is more than a brain required for self-consciousness. Occam’s Razor seems to be cutting in my favor as you’re the one who is adding something unnecessary (IMO) to what’s needed to explain self-awareness. What has satisfying got to do with anything? The truth is often disappointing.

This could get interesting.  Where's the damn popcorn smiley?

I'm rooting for Dave on this one.

Kick 'im in the na..

I mean, good luck Dave.

*settles in with popcorn and Spanish flash cards*

ETA:

Don't worry now that DaveTard  and Barry have opened the floodgates the shit is flowing in so fast no one notices it's almost up to their noses.

Crandaddy has taken it as signal to pull the plug on his last pent up Über Fantasy.

.....as I think zombies show very nicely.

Whoppie.... at last <slobber> we are entering <hic> the land of the wanking ded

--------------

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,07:22   

I love MikeKratch!

KF

Weasel is an apt example of a search algorithm that undertakes DIRECTED search, in an environment that is designed; and based on active, foresighted information fed in at the beginning. (I do refer to this sort of thing in the paper, but only briefly.)

Weasel is a trivial toy exampled used to illustrate a teaching point.
The fact that you claim to have “defeated” it in a “paper” no less speaks volumes as to your real adjenda.
Why don’t you publish this “paper” in a peer reviewed journal then if you are confident you have refuted this trival example?
Until you can show me in error, the appendix therefore stands. As does the rest of the note.

You are in error if you think that “Weasel” is representiative of the state of the art in this area.
You need to read more in this field to become familiar with more then then toy examples used to explain to the general public the concepts Dawkins was trying to comminucate.
It’s like claming that a “Learn to read ABC” book aimed at 5 year olds has little literary merit. Quite right, it does not, but it fulfills the purpose admirably.

I'll say it again: I love MikeKratch!

Also, I love to watch Barry struggle with JackInhofe.  Barry fought JackInhofe, he tried to forbid JackInhofe, but he could only stop JackInhofe for a few days.  Now Barry can never stop JackInhofe!

Apologies.  I'm a child at heart.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,07:39   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Dec. 18 2008,07:22)
I love MikeKratch!  

KF

Weasel is an apt example of a search algorithm that undertakes DIRECTED search, in an environment that is designed; and based on active, foresighted information fed in at the beginning. (I do refer to this sort of thing in the paper, but only briefly.)

Weasel is a trivial toy exampled used to illustrate a teaching point.
The fact that you claim to have “defeated” it in a “paper” no less speaks volumes as to your real adjenda.
Why don’t you publish this “paper” in a peer reviewed journal then if you are confident you have refuted this trival example?

Until you can show me in error, the appendix therefore stands. As does the rest of the note.

You are in error if you think that “Weasel” is representiative of the state of the art in this area.
You need to read more in this field to become familiar with more then then toy examples used to explain to the general public the concepts Dawkins was trying to comminucate.
It’s like claming that a “Learn to read ABC” book aimed at 5 year olds has little literary merit. Quite right, it does not, but it fulfills the purpose admirably.

I'll say it again: I love MikeKratch!

Also, I love to watch Barry struggle with JackInhofe.  Barry fought JackInhofe, he tried to forbid JackInhofe, but he could only stop JackInhofe for a few days.  Now Barry can never stop JackInhofe!

Apologies.  I'm a child at heart.

i hope those two can stay civil.

i'd hate to see Jack Inhofe all over Mike Kratch.  Yuk

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,07:46   

2000 is so banal.

there is more where crandaddy is lusting for hot zombie chick-flesh

If she and her body were one and the same thing, then they would share all the same properties, which they clearly don’t. Or if they do, I’m at pains greater than any other philosophical problem I’ve ever considered to see how they do.

that is his evidence.  seriously.  because I'm at great pains at something I usually ROCK SO HARD AT.

I love the way these kids are talking to you right now Chuck.  That's cause they are WINNERS.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:01   

Whoa.....

tribune7

12/18/2008

8:12 am
JT, here is something to ponder:

You set up a video camera to tape a rocky desert & leave. It records an earthquake after which the rocks spell out the phrase “ID is true. Repent now!”
Do you:

A. take it to mean ID has been disproved?

....wait for it...

...either...or...not and...even if...er where are my golf shoes?...did anyone see the cat?....why is this insurance bill not paid?....dang my gin has run out AGAIN...frig I wish those guys at the hair salon would stop sending stupid SMS'....screw it if my daughter would just go overseas I could get a decent BJ from her best friend

B. Repent?

He's completely drunk on tard right?

meanwhile if KF were a vacuum cleaner he blows more than he can suck ......hence the cloud of crud blocking up Rev Doc. Bill's blog.

--------------

Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:20   

kairosfocus:  
MK (and JK):
I have to go just now, so  will be far more brief; but

and we're off! Though, to be sure, the 577 words of this comment is far below the mean.

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:38   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Dec. 18 2008,16:20)
kairosfocus:    
MK (and JK):

and we're off! Though, to be sure, the 577 words of this comment is far below the mean.

Indeed ....'tis a true pity, I look backward to the next comment from KF.

And when it comes I just step off the road and hold onto my cap.

The dust gets washed off at the next village by 20 virgins.

--------------

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:44   

Quote (Hermagoras @ Dec. 18 2008,08:20)
kairosfocus:    
MK (and JK):

I'll respond to kairosfocus's brief remarks as soon as I finish War and Peace.

Book II, Chapter 1: In October, 1805, a Russian army was occupying the villages and towns of the Archduchy of Austria, and yet other regiments freshly arriving from Russia were settling near the fortress of Braunau and burdening the inhabitants on whom they were quartered. Braunau was the headquarters of the commander-in-chief, Kutuzov.

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:52   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Dec. 18 2008,01:50)

I'm waiting for all the moderators to ban each other and when the smoke clears, nobody in the known universe can post,

LOL. A Mexican Standoff at UD.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:56   

Quote (Zachriel @ Dec. 18 2008,16:44)
Quote (Hermagoras @ Dec. 18 2008,08:20)
kairosfocus:    
MK (and JK):

I'll respond to kairosfocus's brief remarks as soon as I finish War and Peace.

Book II, Chapter 1: In October, 1805, a Russian army was occupying the villages and towns of the Archduchy of Austria, and yet other regiments freshly arriving from Russia were settling near the fortress of Braunau and burdening the inhabitants on whom they were quartered. Braunau was the headquarters of the commander-in-chief, Kutuzov.

Spoiler sport.

I want each KF page weighed before I go on to the next one.

Lets compare KF's dead weight to a feather as Horus would have done.....ok let's not.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,08:58   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 18 2008,16:52)
Quote (CeilingCat @ Dec. 18 2008,01:50)

I'm waiting for all the moderators to ban each other and when the smoke clears, nobody in the known universe can post,

LOL. A Mexican Standoff at UD.

OK........ YEAH.....WITH ZOMBIES !!!!!

--------------

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,09:05   

Finished my Spanish final, the semester is officially over.

Now I've got some free time on my hands.

Edited by Lou FCD on Dec. 18 2008,10:06

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,09:11   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Dec. 18 2008,17:05)

Finished my Spanish final, the semester is officially over.

Now I've got some free time on my hands.

......oh christ once 'ras gets onto that we are donkeed

--------------

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,09:48   

i love popcorn and Michael Jackson.  those are like two of my favorite things.

and donkey zombies.

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,10:13   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Dec. 18 2008,17:48)
i love popcorn and Michael Jackson.  those are like two of my favorite things.

and donkey zombies.

THAT'S 3 HOMO!!!!!!

--------------

oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,11:59   

My Crotch appears to have been labelled a spammer as comments are no longer being posted nor are noted as "awaiting moderation".
Bold is quoted text, here are the last few unposted replys from Mr Crotch.
In reply to Donoman:

Donoman:
If it wasn’t controversial we wouldn’t even have websites like this trying to suggest that neo-Darwinism is faulty. Besides, is it microevolution or macroevolution that is accepted by most scientists?
There are of course controversial issues within evolution. There are various camps trying to prove their case. And this is as it should be. It's perfectly normal for this to happen.

However, the controversy regarding the actual acceptence of evolution (macro or micro) is not happening within those groups of actual scientists in the main.

No macroevolution has ever been witnessed (such as a species of lizard evolving into a bird over time).
A few questions:

A) How long do you think that would take to happen?
B) How long has Darwinian evolution been around as a concept?
C) What's the numerical difference between your answers to A and B?

or they were prior brainwashed by one-sided just-so stories of neo-Darwinism.

Don't you therefore find it odd that this "brainwashing" has happened in every single country around the world, in every single science lab and university?

Is there perhaps a more parsimonious explanation?

If scientists honestly followed the evidence wherever it leads neo-Darwinism would have been dropped a long time ago.
And replaced with what? Don't forget, to replace a theory you need a new theory that not only explains everything the old theory explains but also explains all the things that the old theory cannot explain.

What's your proposed replacement?

In reply to William

Yes, they have, and that’s my point. Without inherent meaning and truths, one is free to pick anything they wish to be the basis of their code of ethics and morality. In other words, one has no basis for claiming any materialist agenda is moral, or ethical, other than simply attaching words to arbitrary laws or rules and enforcing them.

My point is quite simple, up until this century the world was full of mostly theists. As such, if it was the case that there was a common thread (inherent meaning) that united all people don't you find it a bit odd that humanity has not converged on that meaning? They've had long enougth to do it!

Why do you suppose that has not happened?

Some countries have a reverse balance of theists/athiests to the USA. Are those countries therefore immoral? Do they have no code of ethics? Is it a free for all?

No.

To be quite honest, I don't know why they bother with these silent bannations. 30 seconds to create a new account and we're off again. So why not just let the cards fall where they may. I'll be using the same arguments!

So, what other simpsons prank phone call names can be used :)

Amusingly they still are responding, nobody has said Mike is banned. No doubt they will claim this as a "victory".

KariosFocus did respond to Mike's challenge however.

Weasel sets a target sentence then once a letter is guessed it preserves it for future iterations of trials until the full target is met. That means it rewards partial but non-functional success, and is foresighted. Targetted search, not a proper RV + NS model.

A more relevant exercise than Weasel (or Avida etc; cf the Dembski-Marks papers also linked above), would be to first generate an 8 bit PC and its OS and its associated execution machinery by chance plus functionality based survival — say by a version of Hoyle’s tornado in a junkyard, this time in Round Rock Texas.

What a maroon. If anybody has a sock going could you ask him for a quote from Dawkins that establishes that? I've had it for today! :)

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gauger’s work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 18 2008,12:22   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Dec. 18 2008,11:59)
My Crotch appears to have been labelled a spammer as comments are no longer being posted nor are noted as "awaiting moderation".

What a maroon. If anybody has a sock going could you ask him for a quote from Dawkins that establishes that? I've had it for today! :)

Mike Crotch - Banned for Being right - and this close to Christmas too.

What they need is to Seymour Butz over there...

added in edit-   a list of Future UD posters:

Prank Call To Moe's

Here is the dialogue from all the times that Bart made prank calls to Moe's:
Season 1

[7G01] Some Enchanted Evening
Bart: Is Al there?
Moe: Al?
Bart: Yeah, Al. Last name Kahalic?
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. Phone call for Al... Al Coholic. Is there an Al Coholic here?
(The guys in the pub cheer.)
Moe: Wait a minute... Listen, you little yellow-bellied rat jackass, if I ever find out who you are, I'm gonna kill you!

[7G01] Some Enchanted Evening
Bart: Is Oliver there?
Moe: Who?
Bart: Oliver Clothesoff.
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. [calls] Oliver Clothesoff! Call for Oliver Clothesoff!
(Marge picks up the extension)
Listen, you lousy bum, if I ever get a hold of you, I swear I'll cut your belly open!

[7G03] Homer's Odyssey
Bart: (with Lisa) Is Mister Freely there?
Bart: Freely, first initials I. P.
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. Uh, is I. P. Freely here? Hey everybody, I. P. Freely!
[the customers laugh] Wait a minute... Listen to me you lousy bum. When I get a hold of you, you're dead. I swear I'm gonna slice your heart in half.

[7G06] Moaning Lisa
Bart: (with Lisa)
Moe: Yeah, Moe's Tavern, Moe speaking.
Bart: Is Jaques there?
Bart: Jaques, last name Strap.
Moe: Uh, hold on. Uh, Jock... Strap... Hey guys I'm looking for a Jock Strap.
[laughs from all] Oh... wait a minute... Jock Strap... It's you isn't it ya cowardly little runt? When I get a hold of you, I'm gonna gut you like a fish and drink your blood.
Season 2

[7F11] One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish
Bart: (with Lisa)
Moe: Hello, Moe's Tavern. Birthplace of the Rob Roy.
Bart: Is Seymour there? Last name Butz.
Moe: Just a sec. Hey, is there a Butz here? A Seymour Butz? Hey, everybody, I wanna Seymour Butz!
[realizes] Wait a minute... Listen, you little scum-sucking pus-bucket! When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna pull out your eyeballs with a corkscrew!

[7F15] Principal Charming
Bart: (in Principal Skinner's office) Hello, is Homer there?
Moe: Homer who?
Bart: Homer... Sexual.
Moe: Wait one second, let me check. [calls] Uh, Homer Sexual? Hey, come on, come on, one of you guys has got to be Homer Sexual!
Homer: Don't look at me!
Moe: You rotten liver pot! If I ever get a hold of you, I'll sink my teeth into your cheek and rip your face off!
Skinner: You'll do what, young man?

[7F22] Blood Feud
Moe: [answers the phone] Moe's Tavern, where the elite meet to drink.
Bart: Uh, hello. Is Mike there? Last name, Rotch.
Moe: Hold on, I'll check. [calls] Mike Rotch! Mike Rotch! Hey, has anybody seen Mike Rotch lately?
[barflies laugh] Listen, you little puke. One of these days, I'm going to catch you, and I'm going to carve my name on your back with an ice pick.
Season 3

[8F02] Treehouse of Horror II
Bart: with Mrs. Krabappel and one of the Sherri/Terri twins
Moe: [answers the phone] Moe's Tavern. ... Hold on, I'll check. Uh, hey, everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and big butt and my butt smells and I like to kiss my own butt.
All: [laugh]
Barney: Ho ho, that's a good one.
Moe: Wait a minute...
Bart: [hangs up and laughs]

[8F08] Flaming Moe's
Moe: [answering the phone] Flaming Moe's.
Bart: Uh, yes, I'm looking for a friend of mine. Last name Jass. First name Hugh.
Moe: Uh, hold on, I'll check. [calling] Hugh Jass! Somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass!
Man: Uh, I'm Hugh Jass.
Moe: Telephone. [hands over the receiver]
Hugh: Hello, this is Hugh Jass.
Bart: [surprised] Uh, hi.
Hugh: Who's this?
Bart: Bart Simpson.
Hugh: Well, what can I do for you, Bart?
Bart: Uh, look, I'll level with you, Mister. This is a crank call that sort of backfired, and I'd like to bail out right now.
Hugh: All right. Better luck next time. [hangs up] What a nice young man.

[8F09] Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk
Moe: Moe's Tavern, Moe speaking.
Bart: Uh, yes, I'm looking for a Mrs. O'Problem? First name, Bea.
Moe: Uh, yeah, just a minute, I'll check. [calls] Uh, Bea O'Problem? Bea O'Problem! Come on guys, do I have a Bea O'Problem here?
Barney: You sure do! [everyone laughs]
Moe: Oh... [to phone] It's you, isn't it! Listen, you. When I get a hold of you, I'm going to use your head for a bucket and paint my house with your brains!
Season 4

[9F06] New Kid on the Block
Moe: [answers the phone] Yeah, just a sec; I'll check. [calls] Amanda Hugginkiss? Hey, I'm lookin' fer Amanda Hugginkiss. Why can't I find Amanda Hugginkiss?
Barney: Maybe your standards are too high!
Moe: [to phone] You little S.O.B. Why, when I find out who you are, I'm going to shove a sausage down your throat and stick starving dogs in your butt!
Bart: My name is Jimbo Jones, and I live at 1094 Evergreen Terrace.
Moe: I knew he's slip up sooner or later!' He unsheathes a rusty knife and heads out of the tavern.

[9F06] New Kid on the Block
(Laura Powers with Bart)
Laura: Hello, I'd like to speak to Ms. Tinkle? First name... Ivana?
Moe: Ivana Tinkle, just a sec. [calls] Ivana Tinkle! Ivana Tinkle! Hey, everybody, put down your glasses. Ivana Tinkle!
Season 6

[2F19] The PTA Disbands
This isn't at Moe's; Moe is taking over as the substitute teacher for Mrs. Krabappel's class during the strike
Moe: OK, when I call your name, uh, you say "present" or "here". Er, no, say "present". Ahem, Anita Bath?
[laughter from kids]
Moe: All right, settle down. Anita Bath here?
[laughter]
Moe: All right, fine, fine. Maya Buttreeks!
[more laughter]
Moe: Hey, what are you laughing at? What? Oh, oh, I get it, I get it. It's my big ears, isn't it, kids? Isn't it? Well, children, I can't help that!
Moe runs out of the classroom crying.
Season 7

[3F14] Homer the Smithers
Burns: I'm looking for a Mr. Smithers, first name Wayland
Moe: Oh, so, you're looking for a Mr. Smithers, eh? First name Wayland, is it? Listen to me, you; when I catch you, I'm gonna pull out your eyes and stick 'em down your pants, so you can watch me kick the crap outta you, okay? Then I'm gonna use your tongue to paint my boat!

[3F17] Bart on the Road
Homer: Hello, I'd like to speak with a Mr. Snotball, first name Eura
Moe: Eura Snotball?
Homer: What? How dare you! If I find out who this is, I'll staple a flag to your butt and mail you to Iran!
Season 13

[CABF20] Homer The Moe

Homer is looking after Moe's.
Bart: I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Homer: (excited) Ooh! My first prank call! What do I do?
Bart: Just ask if anyone knows Ollie Tabooger.
Homer: I don't get it.
Bart: Yell out "I'll eat a booger"
Homer: What's the gag?
Bart: Oh, forget it...

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

14997 replies since July 17 2008,19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (500) < ... 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]