RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,05:51   

Quote (stevestory @ May 12 2006,10:03)
"Church Burnin’ Sheet Wearin’ Ebola Boys "
Doesn't make any sense at all. The Klan was a christian terror group.

Well, these are the same people who've convinced themselves that the Nazis were all atheists, so what do you expect?

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,06:02   

STJ---above,describes a consuming illness at the house of ID.
Yes the Tweedle brothers are quite mad, little willy and Riechs Fiend dSS, the Ministerialdirektor at the Dumbskipropagandasylum seem both to suffer fromNarcissistic personality disorder.
Sadly Count Billious Von Dembstern was beaten by his vicious sadistic pater, or was it mater?, probably for doing too much math homework and all the while his submissive and godfearing mama said that gad really did exist and all this was his doing. Well our little willy was not going to let THAT happen again He was going to decide what g0d wanted and no amount of lying(by his mother or him) is going to stop him. dSS, Herr Sychophant, plays the idiot savant (without the savant) second fiddler completing in an ill fitting  dress and loud lipstick for a little of his grandnesses smooth glances.
Reminds me of a hilarious scene from an old Cheech and Chong movie where they play a South American Aztec God and his sychophantic off sider dSS has used a direct quote out of it. Can't find the exact reference tho.

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,06:28   

That's K.E., our rambling street preacher

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,07:01   

Stevestory ....Grumble, I have more hair and my beard is much greyer...... I trying to send Gillette broke :>.
In fact I'm almost as good loking as Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping
The good rev. in your photo seems to be hailing a cab probably to give the driver the word of reason
Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist
well he DID loose all his hair and have you tried to hail a cab as a man dressed in a smock?

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,07:10   

I think it's mostly your lack of commas which make your sentences read so disjointed and irregular. But you did give me a chuckle with Count Billious Von Dembstern.

cogzoid

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,07:21   

k.e.,
I've seen Rev. Billy give a powerful service at Burning Man last year.  Wierd to see him turn up in a conversation at AtBC.  Just thought I'd share.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,07:35   

Cozoid,my wife, teaches media at high school, and had a culture jammers video, which, had the good rev.,. doing his thing, at a Disney store in NYC, along with the Billboard Liberation Front a treat,,,,:)

--------------

Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,07:42   

I have never been a fan of the "jammers" in fact I am not fond of them at all but they are the ones who originally uncovered and published the wedge document.  I had to rearrange my opinion of them when I learned this :-)

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,07:45   

LOL well, it's a step in the right direction.

Dante

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,08:33   

DaveRot is starting to remind me of Frank Chu  (read the Wikipedia article to see what I mean).

--------------
Dembski said it, I laughed at it, that settles it!

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,08:47   

Or watch this.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,09:15   

Quote (Dante @ May 12 2006,13:33)
DaveRot is starting to remind me of Frank Chu  (read the Wikipedia article to see what I mean).

Oh my god, I used to see that geek every day when I commuted into San Francisco!!! And sure enough, I used to see him at UC Berkeley, as well.

(He merits his own Wikipedia article?????)

Didn't know THIS tidbit:

In early 1985, Chu, then 25 years old, took 11 members of his family hostage in his home in Oakland and was reported to have been beating some with his fists. Chu fired a pistol at one police officer who came to investigate, but missed. Police cordoned off a ten-block area for three hours. Chu eventually released his hostages and surrendered to the police.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

steve_h

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,11:27   

genetic-id, an instance of design detection? (topic revisited)
(In an effort to help my IDEA comrades at Cornell I revisit the issue of Genetic-ID. My previous post on the issue caused some confusion so I’m reposting it with some clarifications. I post the topic as something I recommend their group discuss and explore.)

I think there is a way we can use the explanatory filter to detect man-made alterations to crops without using a library of genetic patterns. At first it doesn't seem so easy because the EF tells you only that all crops are designed and nothing more, whether by the Intelligent Designer or an intelligent designer. However, modified crops have been designed twice, once by each [Dd]esigner so there is a way - put it through the Explanatory Filter twice ! Or three times if you want to know if a man made design has been illegaly copied.

Nobel prizes and license fees to the usual address.

beervolcano

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,11:29   

The NEW bacterial flagellum!

http://www.uncommondescent.com/index.php/archives/1115

Jellyfish Nematocysts

This might be one of those relatively “simple” systems that could–like the bacterial flagellum–become a primary example used by ID proponents.

HA HA HA HA HA HA !
Man!

I tell you, I'm cancelling my satellite TV. This is all I need.

--------------
("It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."--Jonathan Swift)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 12 2006,12:03   

Nobel prizes and license fees to the usual address.
LOL! "That really is truly amazing. That is so amazingly amazing I think I'd like to steal it."

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,01:21   

Its about time physicists got more involved in these areas of biology. They will shine a light where Darwinists have only been ducking and diving and it can only reinforce the points ID has been making for a long time now,IMO.

A. They are called biophysicists and B. No they don't

Does anyone else get the impression that they think that there are currently no physicists, engineers, computer scientists or mathematicians working on topics related to evolution and that these people haven't proveide some of the best confirmations of the theory over the last decade. Perhaps they should read some journals in those fields.

guthrie

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,04:03   

Cue snarkiness-

Ohhh, read up to date journals!  But that would be bad, and mean that you would have to learn all this darwinist speech, so that you could read the words.  ACtually, you wouldnt, since they do just take the words and make things up about them.  

I think it just reflects their fundamentalist mind set, they cant go beyond the past 150 years, since so much has happened in them.  

end snark

Mind you, for your average, non science interested punter, can you really expect them to know about biophysicicsts?  Even I dont know what they do, and I'm interested in science and have a chemistry degree.  Theres just too much stuff to keep track of and learn about.  So when mr/ mrs uneducated pro-ID-er pops up, just remember that they dont knwo anything because they have been lied to and they simply do not have the time or the contacts to find out that such things as biophysicists actually exist.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,04:30   

Has anyone else thought the Young Earth Creationists were flexing their muscles more these days, over at Uncommonly Dense?

If a Young Earth seems a better fit, what is the major reason for rejecting it?
There are unanswered questions on all sides. Why choose conventional darwinite ‘wisdom?
They are certainly wrong on other issues.

Comment by mmadigan — May 13, 2006 @ 8:06 am

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,05:52   

Quote (stevestory @ May 13 2006,09:30)
Has anyone else thought the Young Earth Creationists were flexing their muscles more these days, over at Uncommonly Dense?

If a Young Earth seems a better fit, what is the major reason for rejecting it?
There are unanswered questions on all sides. Why choose conventional darwinite ‘wisdom?
They are certainly wrong on other issues.

Comment by mmadigan — May 13, 2006 @ 8:06 am

It's not surprising. The YEC types were just sort of sitting on their hands during the ID 'debates', since they'd all been told this was their shot at getting Jesus into science classes -- but the YEC'ers didn't like ID. Too many big words, it didn't mention Jesus or the Bible, and it didn't say the earth was 6,000 years old. They put up with it for the 'larger good'.

Now that the wheels have come off ID, I assume the YEC types are figuring there's no point in pretending not to want straight Creationism. It might embarrass DT a little, but I bet it's what Dembski really wants anyway.

--------------

guthrie

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,06:23   

What is conventional Darwinite wisdom?  Should I pop over there and ask them that?  I've never been banned from anywhere before.  

Does Dembski go drinking?  Is there any way we can get to him when ihes in his cups and ask him what hes doing?

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,06:27   

I guess Darwinite wisdom is the wisdom of the people who come from Darwin.

Read Kevin Padian Hating Fundamentalists in SciAm Letters, and tell me where in the article Kevin Padian says he hates fundementalists, because I can't find it.

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,06:57   

It looks like Springer has re-discovered morlanization and thinks it is good.

Morlanization
   (n) 1. The process of taking a correspondent's argument, taking it to the nearest available extreme position, pigeonholing it there, and then claiming that the pigeonholed argument is actually the correspondent's position. 2. The process of deleting qualifying comments from a paragraph of a correspondent's post, then claiming that the statements sans qualifications are the complete representation of the correspondent's position. Both one and two due to Joe Morlan; see Strawman Argument. Often difficult to detect as a strawman, since morlanized posts often contain what appear to be legitimate quotations that are actually misquotations by omission of context.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,07:04   

It appears Kevin hates and fears religious fundamentalists of all stripes and considers them murderous fanatics. Note how he equates suicide bombers with those who kill abortion doctors saying only killing themselves afterward is what separates the two. Kevin Padian is one sick puppy with an irrational hatred of religious fundamentalists.

Filed under: Intelligent Design — DaveScot @ 10:56 am

Well, if what you wrote wasn't a blatant lie, Davesy, then I guess Mr. Padian would have been your kind of guy... He is refering to Islamic fundies, after all.
:D

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,07:26   

Quote (Faid @ May 13 2006,12:04)
It appears Kevin hates and fears religious fundamentalists of all stripes and considers them murderous fanatics. Note how he equates suicide bombers with those who kill abortion doctors saying only killing themselves afterward is what separates the two. Kevin Padian is one sick puppy with an irrational hatred of religious fundamentalists.

Filed under: Intelligent Design — DaveScot @ 10:56 am

Well, if what you wrote wasn't a blatant lie, Davesy, then I guess Mr. Padian would have been your kind of guy... He is refering to Islamic fundies, after all.
:D

Yup, Dave hates Islamic fundies and loves Christian fundies. What else is new.

Is this 'irrational hatred of religious fundamentalists' bullshit DT's backtracking due to people are calling him on his painting Padian as a Klansman? Or by suggesting that am I giving Dumbo's Man far more credit than he deserves? I've noticed that when little DT gets going on a swiftboating he often shifts focus after a few days when people point out his idiocy.

--------------

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,07:48   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ May 13 2006,12:26)
Dumbo's Man

Woo hoo I started a trend!  :)  *pride*

I've noticed that when little DT gets going on a swiftboating he often shifts focus after a few days when people point out his idiocy.

Yeah, and then he waits for a while until people sort of forget about it, and casually brings it up again as an indisputable fact...
A sinister method indeed, worthy of a higher-IQ genius.
I'm sure he's been googling "Padian Pianka" furiously these days, trying to find something he can use to implicate the two...  ;)

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,08:12   

Quote (Faid @ May 13 2006,12:48)

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ May 13 2006,12:26)
Dumbo's Man

Woo hoo I started a trend!  :)  *pride*

I've noticed that when little DT gets going on a swiftboating he often shifts focus after a few days when people point out his idiocy.

Yeah, and then he waits for a while until people sort of forget about it, and casually brings it up again as an indisputable fact...
A sinister method indeed, worthy of a higher-IQ genius.
I'm sure he's been googling "Padian Pianka" furiously these days, trying to find something he can use to implicate the two...  ;)

Oh, so 'Dumbo's Man' was your idea? Cool, well done!  :)

Yes, I've noticed that DM seems capable of intelligence, but when it comes to his 'culture wars' nonsense he happily turns off 80% of his brain.

--------------

beervolcano

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,08:14   

Note how he equates suicide bombers with those who kill abortion doctors ...

Look, Dave, if you're going to be a proper wingnut, the term is "homicide bombers."

So Dave doesn't see the similarity in "homicide bombing" a Mosque and "homicide bombing" doctors?

One man's "homicide bomber" is another man's freedom fighter I guess.

I wonder if Dave agrees with bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors? It sure seems that way.

--------------
("It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."--Jonathan Swift)

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,08:20   

Quote (beervolcano @ May 13 2006,13:14)
Note how he equates suicide bombers with those who kill abortion doctors ...

Look, Dave, if you're going to be a proper wingnut, the term is "homicide bombers."

So Dave doesn't see the similarity in "homicide bombing" a Mosque and "homicide bombing" doctors?

One man's "homicide bomber" is another man's freedom fighter I guess.

I wonder if Dave agrees with bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors? It sure seems that way.

He agrees with whatever's 'conservatively correct'. He might not overtly defend people who bomb abortion clinics and kill doctors, but he'll eagerly attack anyone who condemns them. As far as I can tell, DM has no principles that supercede "REPUBLICANS GOOD LIBERALS BAD".

--------------

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,08:48   

What is conventional Darwinite wisdom?  Should I pop over there and ask them that?  I've never been banned from anywhere before.

You'll never be taken seriously here until you change that.  If you want to gain our everlasting respect, you have to ask something totally innocuous and be banned.

Oh, and doesn't Darwinite wisdom have something to do with banana bending?  Or is that Queensland?

Bob

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

Corkscrew

(Permalink) Posted: May 13 2006,09:18   

“Note how he equates suicide bombers with those who kill abortion doctors saying only killing themselves afterward is what separates the two.”

What other differences would you say there are? (This isn’t a loaded question, I’m genuinely curious)

I added the differences to the article. I also added your name to the moderation list for asking such a dumb question. -ds

Well, it appears I've joined the UD shitlist club. The ironic thing is that I wasn't attempting to be nasty or argumentative (or dumb) - I've been actively resisting the urge to post on UD unless and until I felt I could engage in polite conversation on an issue.

Let's see what the effect of attempting to remain polite is...

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]