RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (36) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >   
  Topic: From "LUCA" thread, Paley's Ghost can back up his assertions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,08:46   

Cogzie, I think this one is most appropriate for you!

Now, the brighter bulbs in the evolutionistic community are aware of the differences in spin statistics between fermions and bosons. Bosons must be symmetric under Schrödinger wave function operations*, while fermions must be antisymmetric under similar operation.
Brighter bulbs don't conflate the language of science.  Schrodinger's Wave Equation is not an Operator.  When you use made up terms like "Schrödinger wave function operations" it seems like you don't know what you're talking about.  It's more like how a child repeats words that he heard his parents use but doesn't quite understand yet.

Well, in the words of Roger Penrose,

According to this procedure, (second quantization) try to pretend that the wavefunction Psi (Greek in the original) of some partice itself becomes an 'operator' 1

You are sort of correct here, but still confused. In the creation and anhilation operators to which I was referring the wavefunction does become an operator on itself. This is why I said "Wave function operaton", as opposed to "Wave function operator." Of course, evolutionists evade the implications of Creation, because, according to their ontology, it doesn't exist.

This is a very abstract concept described in terms of statistics, and like complex specified information, tends to be misunderstood or denied by evolutionists because their amoral ontology teaches them only material objects are part of objective reality.
Misunderstood, denied?  By whom?  Who do you think theorized spin, afterall?  I can make baseless claims, too.  Creationists eat babies.  Hitler was a geo-centrist.    

The non-material character of spin statistics and moral imperatives alike can not be adjusted to their demands for “evidence,” but, like Jesus, I shall not let the cup I have been given pass from me.
Did Jesus tell you about the "non-material character of spin statistics"?  If not, I'd love to hear your source.  And what are these non-material characteristics?  I don't remember the spin of fundamental particles being in the Bible.

Well, by your own words in your next paragraph you  tacitly admit spin can not be seen or touched, and is hence outside the purview of evolutionistic ontology. As far as your inquiry concerning whther Jesus gave me the answer to these questions, the answer is a qualified yes. All knowledge claims ultimately depend upon presuppositions, and only Biblical presuppositions can ground authentic knowledge. Your sacastic remarks concerning Hitler and cannibalism provide unintended insight into the epistemological void that is evolutionism. You certainly can claim that Hitler was a geocentrist, or that Creationists eat babies, and they are baseless, just like all claims that begin with presuppositions contrary to the Bible's, such as the one that humans evolved from monkeys in Africa.  Without the solid rock of the Bible, all claims are merely based on the shifting sands of human opinion. Read the works of Cornelius Van Til for more insight.

Because of its BEC properties, it can slow down the speed of light.
Why does it have to be a BEC to do this?  Window glass slows down light, too.

Well, some BEC's, like quintessence, are far more effective. You can read this paper for more details. The equations governing the velocity of light in quintessence are similar. They will be coming shortly.

1--Penrose, Roger. 2005. New York. Alfred A. Knopf. The Road to Reality. p. 657

--------------
Dey can't 'andle my riddim.

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,08:54   

Cogzie and all other interested parties can consult this book to grok the allusions 'master' and 'wizard' to which I occasionally refer.

--------------

ericmurphy

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,09:33   

Quote (The Ghost of Paley @ Dec. 22 2005,13:57)
Good to hear. Hey Murphy, I haven't forgotten about you. What's your legal opinion on the upcoming Kansas trial? And if the Dover case does get appealed, how do you think the Supremes will rule (other than with their usual iron fist, of course). I think the Supreme Court is up for grabs myself...

I have to say I haven't followed the Kansas situation as close as the Pennsylvania case, but given the losing record creationists have amassed so far, I'm guessing it won't go so well for them this time, either. But as with any lawsuit, before the trial begins, it's pretty much a 50-50 proposition. Judges are, after all, humans, and therefore are hardly inerrant.

It doesn't look like the Dover case will be appealed, given the stunning defeat handed to the defendants coupled with the changes in the Dover school board, but if it goes to the Third Circuit, it's hard to imagine how the district court decision would be overturned. Generally appellate courts defer to the trial courts on issues of fact and determinations of witness credibility, which means normally a case would be overturned on questions of law. Given judge Jones's laborious application of the tests set forth in Lemon, McLean, and Edwards, among others, there's not much room for maneuver for an appellate court. If the case did make it to the Supreme Court, which seems even more doubtful, I'd expect a 7-2 or 6-3 decision in favor of Plaintiffs, depending on the makeup of the court at the time.

(But remember, I'm not an attorney.)

And in the meantime...how are we doing with that quintessence? :-)

--------------
2006 MVD award for most dogged defense of scientific sanity

"Atheism is a religion the same way NOT collecting stamps is a hobby." —Scott Adams

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,09:58   

Eric Murphy wrote:
It doesn't look like the Dover case will be appealed, given the stunning defeat handed to the defendants coupled with the changes in the Dover school board, but if it goes to the Third Circuit, it's hard to imagine how the district court decision would be overturned. Generally appellate courts defer to the trial courts on issues of fact and determinations of witness credibility, which means normally a case would be overturned on questions of law. Given judge Jones's laborious application of the tests set forth in Lemon, McLean, and Edwards, among others, there's not much room for maneuver for an appellate court. If the case did make it to the Supreme Court, which seems even more doubtful, I'd expect a 7-2 or 6-3 decision in favor of Plaintiffs, depending on the makeup of the court at the time.

Thanks for the legal opinion. 7-2 seems a little "optimistic" to me, but that's just ghostly intuition.
Alan Fox wrote:
Mr The Ghost of ¨Paley assures us
[he] ha[s]n't given up. And can we also expect your "gut to gamete" paper?

Sure. By the way, what's your definition of a racist, and why did you play the Yenta's silly game in the other thread? I expected a more level head from you, not to mention better reading comprehension. :D

--------------

cogzoid

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,10:19   

Well, by your own words in your next paragraph you  tacitly admit spin can not be seen or touched, and is hence outside the purview of evolutionistic ontology.
You keep bringing up this "ontology" and making baseless claims.  How exactly is spin outside of "evolutionistic ontology"?  You can start with a definition of this ontology and your source for said definition.  (Or is that in the Bible, too?)

I'll wait till there is more content about your theory before I reply.

-Dan

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,11:43   

Mea culpa, Bill. I was all excited over the Dover decision. Blaming black people as disproportionately criminal rather than disproportionate victims of crime and exclusion seems racist. Racism is an unfettered expression of the innate tribal instincts we all possess, but that the veneer of civilisation sometimes manages to keep in check. But this is a forum related to evolutionary biology so I suggest we avoid the issue in future.

Excuse my cultural ignorance, but your reference to the Yenta is lost on me.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your seminal work on HGT. BTW, will you be cribbing from Professor Davison at all?

Ved

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,17:47   

You certainly can claim that Hitler was a geocentrist, or that Creationists eat babies, and they are baseless, just like all claims that begin with presuppositions contrary to the Bible's

So because cogzoid's(?) Godwining jokes don't depict the truth and "go against" the bible, all the rest of his arguments are also wrong, because they also go against the bible.
...they are baseless, just like all claims that begin with presuppositions contrary to the Bible's, such as the one that humans evolved from monkeys in Africa.  Without the solid rock of the Bible, all claims are merely based on the shifting sands of human opinion.

So now you're appealing to the authority of a book. What is it that makes the bible better than any other human opinion???

cogzoid

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,19:28   

So now you're appealing to the authority of a book. What is it that makes the bible better than any other human opinion???
Because the bible says it is the final authority.  Geeze, that was an easy one.

cogzoid

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 22 2005,19:42   

All knowledge claims ultimately depend upon presuppositions, and only Biblical presuppositions can ground authentic knowledge.
So you say.  
(I think that's the punchline to the philosopher stumper joke.)

Sorry for being a little dense, but can you lay out these presuppositions for me.  Which presuppositions do typical scientists make?  And how do yours differ?

-Dan

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,07:54   

Moderator(s), are you getting my messages? I think there's a glitch in the email system, and I don't know how else to reach you.

--------------

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,09:15   

They're probably still hung over from celebrating the Dover result, Bill. You could try emailing Reed Cartright at PT admin.

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,09:25   

They're probably still hung over from celebrating the Dover result, Bill. You could try emailing Reed Cartright at PT admin.

Don't know if you're joking or not, but you're probably right in either case. Thanks.

--------------

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,10:16   

Since I'm still not sure if there's a glitch in the email system, and since I won't be able to access the moderator's reply shortly, I grant permission to the moderators to delete any part of the Dean Morrison rebuttal they feel necessary; I just ask that they keep as much of the original message as possible. I appreciate whatever assistance they can provide. Thanks.

--------------

Dean Morrison

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,15:25   

You trying to censor me Paley Ghostey?
and why did you run away from this solid explanation of why I consider you to fit the definition of a racist?

http://www.pandasthumb.org/archive....t-64249

You did ask after all?

If the mods do want to bow down to Paley Ghostey on this one could they inform me too?

ericmurphy

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,19:49   

Could I? You know, like, interject for a moment here? We've been trying to get Mr. Paley to back up his assertions, and if we want to hear his backup before the universe grows old and dies, we could use a bit fewer distractions? Sorry to, you know, sound plaintive? But I've got some questions that are about 20 pages old now that need answers? Some day? Maybe?

--------------

"Atheism is a religion the same way NOT collecting stamps is a hobby." —Scott Adams

Dean Morrison

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 23 2005,23:29   

.. sorry Eric .. since I'm off for a couple of weeks anyway I'll leave Shadey Paley to you - good luck with your questions!

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 29 2005,03:21   

Guys, I heartily recommend that you check out my latest reply to Mr. Brazeau in the Panderichthys thread (the PZ Myers thread with the drawing of the fish "arm"). Also, I've replied to the Yenta in the "This is what happens when the facts are fairly presented" thread. And Murphy/Cogzie, I haven't forgotten about you; next week I'll have access to a real computer.

--------------

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 29 2005,05:18   

And "Gut to Gametes" paper, Mr Paley.

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 30 2005,04:12   

And "Gut to Gametes" paper, Mr Paley.

Thanks for the helpful reminder, Foxy. :)

--------------

cogzoid

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 30 2005,08:33   

I'm looking forward to your continuing of your geocentricism theory.

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2006,10:19   

Steve and MidnightVoice, the more I think about it, the more I'm forced to embrace your opinions. Pathetic little whitebread culture, so very useless, maybe it's time we chucked it overboard. What else can be done with a culture so helpless in math, physics, chemistry, medicine (who would ever take whitebread papers seriously?), economics, and literature. And the future is especially barren. And the less said about whitebread athletes, the better. And so many wimps! But what else could be expected? I think I'll see what's on TV.....

--------------

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2006,10:25   

And don't forget molecular biology and genetics. Thanks for the heads up, Midnight.

--------------

MidnightVoice

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2006,12:05   

Ignorance is bliss, oh uneducated one  :D

--------------
If I fly the coop some time
And take nothing but a grip
With the few good books that really count
It's a necessary trip

I'll be gone with the girl in the gold silk jacket
The girl with the pearl-driller's hands

ericmurphy

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 03 2006,12:24   

I don't know, Bill. At your current rate of progress, I'm beginning to wonder if your Theory of Everything is really going to turn out to be a Theory of Nothing.

--------------

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 04 2006,08:44   

ericmurphy wrote:
I don't know, Bill. At your current rate of progress, I'm beginning to wonder if your Theory of Everything is really going to turn out to be a Theory of Nothing.

Check back Friday after 3 : 00. I should have something then.

MidnightVoice wrote:
Ignorance is bliss, oh uneducated one  

Where are my manners? Here's a more up-to-date source. And oh yeah, here's some microbiology on the side. Of course, whitebread culture is getting strong competition in physics, but more than holds its own in chemistry and math. For more depth, check this site. To see how countries rank, check here.

Understand that I'm not denigrating the extensive contributions of other cultures. In fact, I suspect that we'll be seeing much more input from other civilisations as time passes. Just don't forget which culture laid the groundwork in most (all?) of the relevant fields. The truth is a bit different from what we see in the media, no? At least you now see why most movies and commercials put so much effort into portraying whites, Jews, and Asians as fools, criminals, and dweebs. As I've said before, the liberal mind truly loathes the successful.

--------------

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2006,00:33   

Ahem,

gut to gametes, Mr P?

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 05 2006,08:47   

Yes. And physics.

--------------

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2006,05:04   

I'm going to try and finish the new part today. My rough draft was deleted by accident, so it's going a little slower than normal. Eric, I'll try to answer at least one of your questions in this paper......

--------------

Ved

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2006,06:02   

As I've said before, the liberal mind truly loathes the successful.

HAhahahahaha! Disgusting. Your "knowledge" of the "liberal mind" is as accurate as your understanding of the moon landings. Why is it that YOU hate success?? After all, putting a man on the moon is one of mankind's crowning achievements to date, and it was white (Christian?) Americans that did it. And for some reason you deny that it happened.

The Ghost of Paley

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 06 2006,06:57   

HAhahahahaha! Disgusting. Your "knowledge" of the "liberal mind" is as accurate as your understanding of the moon landings.

Thanks! Oh, that was meant to be an insult.

My opinions on the liberal mindset could very well be wrong. Please understand, however, that they're not casually formed. I grew up in a very liberal neighborhood (yes, I'm a Southerner, but the neighborhood was Jewish), conversed with hundreds of liberals, read scores of books by and for liberals (favorite: Gore Vidal - great essays and fiction, although he has a problem with characterization), and, as previously noted, am a recovered one. Liberalism truly is a mental illness: it prevents its adherents from noticing the simplest things, or grasping the most declarative of sentences. I hope that one day you experience the fulfillment in leaving the Cargo Cult behind. Obviously, I can't speak for all conservatives, but I feel that I've reclaimed my humanity, as well as my rich, deep pitch (the result of inner confidence. That's why liberals often sound strangled without their voice coaches). I just couldn't see six fingers on demand any more.  ;)

Must..... continue.......with paper..............

--------------

1058 replies since Aug. 31 2005,16:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (36) < ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]