RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
keiths

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,20:19   

Dembski just wiped out the entire Libidinous Genius thread, restarting it with this comment:
Here’s your second chance to make this thread productive. Stay on topic. Janiebelle has been booted. NEW RULE AT UD: No more bold insertions into existing comments. I’ve done it as has DaveScot. That’s now a thing of the past. One-comment-one-poster is now the rule.

I think the thing that really pissed him off was seeing DaveTard dump on Denyse O'Leary, whom Dembski has described as a  compadre.

That's it, Dembski.  I've tolerated you on my blog long enough.  Go in peace, but go. -dt

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,21:23   

Dave "I'm an agnostic" Tard further undermines his credibility (if such a thing is possible).

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,21:53   

No, please don't, Dave.

djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,22:23   

DaveTard has noticed that people from all over the internet are coming around to enjoy the freak show:

Aside from setting new records in almost all categories June’s growth was larger than normal in that the total number of referring sites grew by over 20% month over month to 38,209. Growth in all other categories was our normal 10%.

Way to go everyone! We continue to get our message out to more and more people!

Unfortunately for the UD crew, the message is that ID is led by IDiots.

djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,22:27   

I forgot, DT also said this:
I wonder if Panda’s Thumb continued their decline? Maybe our loyal opposition will give us an answer at ATBC.

You can take the message just before this one as "an answer at ATBC".

Also, I don't read Panda's Thumb as much any more because Uncommon Descent is so much funnier.  I suspect others do the same, thus accounting for any falloff at PT.

djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,22:41   

Dembski has posted a thread entitled "How man's best friend overcame laws of natural evolution" on UD, a fairly straight forward story from the Times of London describing how dogs living the cushy domesticated life aren't subject to as much pressure from natural selection as wolves living in the wild.

John Lynch has opened this thread on Stranger Fruit where you may reply to it.

Be gentle.

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,22:48   

Davey was wounded by Dembski's slap:
I only have time to go through the comments in the administrative windows which list them in order received on the whole site. I can respond in that window quickly by appending at the bottom of the comment. If I have to drop out of that window to do it another way it will take too much time.

Commenting is what I like doing here. Moderating is a pain that I can do without. If appending my comments directly onto others is too much to ask in return for all the time spent moderating then I’m going to quit moderating. Someone else can do it and I’ll just be a regular user once more.

Comment by DaveScot — July 18, 2006 @ 2:10 am

Someone should explain to self-styled "computer whiz kid" DaveTard that he could open up a second window for posting comments without disturbing the administrative windows.  Switching between them would only take a couple of keystrokes.

I hope he does quit.  UD will be a lot more interesting when intelligent dissenters aren't banned on a whim.  Besides, he'll still be commenting, and Davey's entertainment value comes 90% from his inane comments, and only about 10% from his doofy moderating.

I know that most of the other contributors will be happy to show him the door.

--------------

djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,22:55   

Sorry to spray the blog with comments, but I just followed a colorful icon on UD to the"Wonderboy" page, advertising a book that has a rather familiar character in it:

Wonderboy and the Black Hole of Nixvy Veck is a light-hearted yet engaging tale of two men: one, a former PhD student in astronomy; the other, a complete imbecile, known by his co-workers as Wonderboy because he considers himself God's gift to the 10-minute oil-change industry. Set in Nixvy Veck, a small and utterly forgettable township in West Texas, known far and wide as a home only for the dead and the dying, this charming, witty novel is an inspiring tale of Man's place in the universe, and hope in a seemingly hopeless world. If you don't die laughing, it's not our fault!

Hmmmm, "a small and utterly forgettable township in West Texas", "home only for the dead and the dying" and the title character is "a complete imbecile, known by his co-workers as Wonderboy because he considers himself God's gift to the 10-minute oil-change industry".

Why am I reminded of so many prominent UD folk?

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,23:31   

I only have time to go through the comments in the administrative windows which list them in order received on the whole site. I can respond in that window quickly by appending at the bottom of the comment. If I have to drop out of that window to do it another way it will take too much time.

Commenting is what I like doing here. Moderating is a pain that I can do without. If appending my comments directly onto others is too much to ask in return for all the time spent moderating then I’m going to quit moderating. Someone else can do it and I’ll just be a regular user once more.

I could actually hear DaveTard sniffling and whimpering while I read that.  I even think I saw an electronic tear fall on my screen halfway through.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2006,23:57   

Guys you can't be serious- Davescot not a moderator anymore? But then he'll be just another UD crackpot! Where's the fun in that?

IMO, It's Dave the Moderator that made UD the pinnacle of entertainment it is now. If that changes, it would mark the end of an era, and the beginning of a more dull one, with just plain stupidity and dishonesty... And that's "wieners in buns, no condiments".  :(

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,00:01   

You have a different imagery from me.

I see teddies be chucked from prams, and the Tardster holding his breath until Daddy Dembski gives him back his rattle to play with.

Louis

P.S. DT amuses the heck out of me. When did being female become insulting (girly...)? When did being effeminate/homosexual become insulting (girly man)? I know loads of girls, I like 'em. Is the Tardi di tutti Tardi a rampant closet case? GoP should take note!

--------------
Bye.

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,00:46   

Quote (Louis @ July 18 2006,05:01)
You have a different imagery from me.

I see teddies be chucked from prams, and the Tardster holding his breath until Daddy Dembski gives him back his rattle to play with.

Louis

P.S. DT amuses the heck out of me. When did being female become insulting (girly...)? When did being effeminate/homosexual become insulting (girly man)? I know loads of girls, I like 'em. Is the Tardi di tutti Tardi a rampant closet case? GoP should take note!

LOL! That imagery cracked me up. I can just picture DT going red in the face and stamping his foot with stuffed toys flying in random directions.

The "girly man" insult also amuses, takes me right back to primary school when "girl" was the pinacle of insults. Sorta loses it's sting when you aproach the teen years.

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,02:03   

Quote (Occam's Toothbrush @ July 18 2006,04:31)

I could actually hear DaveTard sniffling and whimpering while I read that.  I even think I saw an electronic tear fall on my screen halfway through.

DaveTard sounds like a girly man complaining there, doesn't he?

"Rev Dr" Lenny Flank

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,02:12   

Quote (djmullen @ July 18 2006,03:27)
I forgot, DT also said this:  
I wonder if Panda’s Thumb continued their decline? Maybe our loyal opposition will give us an answer at ATBC.

You can take the message just before this one as "an answer at ATBC".

Also, I don't read Panda's Thumb as much any more because Uncommon Descent is so much funnier.  I suspect others do the same, thus accounting for any falloff at PT.

PT exists to counter the IDers.

The IDers have done . ..  well . . . nothing lately.

Which leaves PTers with nothing to do.  (shrug)

Once the Kansas Kooks get bounced out of office in a couple weeks, the entire ID movement will be well and truly dead.  It's only hint of life will be Dembski's blog -- which no one bothers with, anyway.

I have already begun shifting my focus to England, where there are still active creationist groups (YECers, not IDers) who are actually . . . well . . . doing something worth countering.

The movie is over.  The audience is all leaving.

ID lost.

--------------
Editor, Red and Black Publishers
www.RedandBlackPublishers.com

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,02:17   

DaveTard sounds like a girly man complaining there, doesn't he?

It's just mindboggling to me that "girly man" gets thrown around as an insult so casually on a site that has a photo of Bill Dembski prominently featured at the top of every page.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,02:22   

Hmmm… only 15,000 years to get 350 different dog breeds from a small population of domesticated wolves? I wonder how long it would take to go from a small human population (say 8 adults) to get the 20 or 30 different human groups - i.e., Pacific-Islanders, European, African, Asian, Native American … etc, etc? Maybe 5,000 or 6,000 years?
Ithink someone missed the point of the article.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,02:49   

Is the Tardi di tutti Tardi a rampant closet case? GoP should take note!

Hehehe
GoP to DT....bend over and I'll let you feel the all powerfull creator.

DT to GoP ...ooooh you big bad boy.

They both know they want it. Closet queens.

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,02:56   

Quote (k.e @ July 18 2006,07:49)
Is the Tardi di tutti Tardi a rampant closet case? GoP should take note!

Hehehe
GoP to DT....bend over and I'll let you feel the all powerfull creator.

DT to GoP ...ooooh you big bad boy.

They both know they want it. Closet queens.

They could get together with Thordude and have a gay pride parade in the closet.

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,03:05   

Now now k.e.,

Be careful what you say or that GoPster will come sprinting in and accuse us all of being homophobes. I framed my comment as a question for a reason. ;) GoP has enough trouble with reading for comprehnsion as it is, let's not make things harder for him.

Both GoP and the Tardmeister are fond of making references to overtly masculine situations (large, sweaty wrestlers and cartoon characters laying the smack down on us poor "libruls" or using girl/homo etc as insults). They both seem to be under the impression that effeminate or less masculine tendancies   to be somehow inferior, insulting or reprehensible. This COULD be a sign of a classic self loathing psychosis. It would of course have to be ratified by further study and evidence.

That said, the possibility exists that the UberTard and Ghastly Pissant are both closted, self-hating, homosexual homphobes. I neither know nor wish to know if this is the case, but whatever their respective fixations with the primacy of certain masculine attributes, I wish they'd get over it. They should embrace this possible sexuality of theirs, there's nothing wrong with being homosexual, they should learn to love themselves and the beautiful gay world they can inhabit.

After all, if PapaTard and Git of Puerility wish to be savagely rammed in the tradesman's entrance by large bewanged gentlemen of the lavendar persuasion, then I say go to it lads. Ride that deviant liberal spam javelin! Because of course you know that if they are homosexual, their decrying of all that is not macho means that they want to be the "bottom" not the "top", and their decrying of all things progressive and liberal means they want nice liberal homosexual chaps to give it to them.

Quod erat demonstratum I reckon.

Louis

P.S. I wonder if they realise that it is possible to taunt someone with something THEY find offensive that the taunter considers inoffensive, i.e. making mockery of the bigotry of the tauntee by emulating it and indulging it?

--------------
Bye.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,03:58   

Frig.... double post

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:17   

July 18, 2006
The new UD with Denyse O’Leary

Uncommon Descent is about to become “The Intelligent Design Weblog of William Dembski, Denyse O’Leary, and Friends.” O’Leary is a Toronto-based Canadian journalist and the author of By Design or by Chance? (Augsburg 2004), an investigation of the intelligent design controversy.

In addition to being an equal partner with me on this blog, Denyse has also agreed to moderate it. I want to thank DaveScot for his untiring efforts this last half year in moderating this blog. But as he wrote here:

DaveScot will therefore return to being a regular user.

Until Denyse and I get our ducks in a row, which includes changing the appearance of the blogsite to reflect her equal role at UD, there will be a moratorium on comments. We hope to have the commenting facility up and running in the next few days.

Welcome Denyse!
Filed under: Intelligent Design — William Dembski @ 8:52 am
Comments (0)

I guess six months of embarrassment was all Dembski could take.

Hey Davetard--you're outta here! -wd

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:17   

Louis Lol
Hey, not that there is anything wrong with that! hehehehhe
gOp AND dt ....poor guys, are just wondering what a hairy kiss would be like ....not to mention chewing the matress.

I imagine it would be something like their favorite gods of korn..... where GWB Smooches Joe Lieberman.
Stephen Colbert -The Word- Inquisition

Twip, sputter.... still after DT's imaginary dive on fairybell it would taste a whole lot better, and there would be no pulling hairs from his teeth (snicker).

Oh well Louis if those dHed's on UD can't amuse us 24/7 (they ARE just a a little tardy on the tard stakes lately) at least we can speculate on what their supressed weirdness is really going down on  :O

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:26   

Quote (Faid @ July 18 2006,05:57)
Guys you can't be serious- Davescot not a moderator anymore? But then he'll be just another UD crackpot! Where's the fun in that?

IMO, It's Dave the Moderator that made UD the pinnacle of entertainment it is now. If that changes, it would mark the end of an era, and the beginning of a more dull one, with just plain stupidity and dishonesty... And that's "wieners in buns, no condiments".  :(

It is truly the end of an era. But let's not forget. We were having a laugh at Dembski's blog before Davetard showed up, and Denyse O'Leary is every bit as stupid as davetard, and so I don't think we'll be starved for entertainment.

(All Davetard's arguments were cremated over the last 6 mos)

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:32   

I for one am sad that we won't get his catchy little "homo" insults at the end of posts anymore when he bans people.

How can we lose the baninator?  How?

Hopefully DT will not have his wittle feelings hurt too much and will stick around to tell us more about his superior scientific knowledge.  I know I've learned so much from his parsing of Sci Am.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:32   

Quote (keiths @ July 18 2006,04:48)
I hope he does quit.  UD will be a lot more interesting when intelligent dissenters aren't banned on a whim.  Besides, he'll still be commenting, and Davey's entertainment value comes 90% from his inane comments, and only about 10% from his doofy moderating.

The ridiculous level of banning was started by Dembski. Davetard merely took it over. In fact, before Davetard came along, we speculated a few times that Dembski was going to have to shut the blog down, so much time he was spending banning people.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:43   

Quote (stevestory @ July 18 2006,09:32)
Quote (keiths @ July 18 2006,04:48)

The ridiculous level of banning was started by Dembski. Davetard merely took it over. In fact, before Davetard came along, we speculated a few times that Dembski was going to have to shut the blog down, so much time he was spending banning people.

It almost happened post Kitzmiller..."mothballing Uncommon Descent".

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:44   

SteveS being an Aural kind of person --in other words when I see a word, I hear the sound--so whenever I see Denyse

I see Dense-see rather than Denise. She must have had postmodernist parents( not that there is anything wrong with that), AND just what is going on with her hair cut?

Surely Dave Tard should be mysoginistically ticking her off for being  a commie lesbo feminist. Oh that's right they accept marxists  and church burners as long as they say the 'g' word...ah.... I just love their 'moral' standards.

Back on the Aural thingy read this word and then, say back the same word in reverse

Part.

If you you said 'trap' you are a literalist if you said 'taarp' you are like me, someone who who sees beyond the word .....(thats logos DickTaarp ....IL Duce-ski has fallen into a logo-matic mind reducer, his mind is sausage meat)

--------------

GCT

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:45   

I know this isn't related to the baninator being demoted, but anyone remember that guy that made no sense, Hereoisreal (or whatever his name was)?

He's on UD now.

See it here.

Bill,IMO, the best proof of ID is symmetry, not IC.
Sciene has never found two snow flakes alike, although 100 % have, by chance, symmetry, like every living thing.
Science has never found two grains of sand alike nor do any have, by chance, symmetry.
In 100 % of my observations, chaos is natural. Order is mind made. So I accept that as truth.
Btw, did you know, two sour apples make a pair?
If I can be of help in this matter E me.

Zero

Comment by Zero — July 15, 2006 @ 11:18 pm

I see he's still not making any sense.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,04:55   

Quote (k.e @ July 18 2006,10:44)
I see Dense-see rather than Denise. She must have had postmodernist parents( not that there is anything wrong with that), AND just what is going on with her hair cut?

"Some folks call it a Kaiser blade I call it a sling blade MMMMM-HMMMM."

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2006,05:04   

I would consider the lovely Miss Denyse O'Leary to be a reporter rather than a journalist. She certainly appears to lack the fact checking and investigative skills a journalist should have.

I think she also has a strong side-line in bullshit.

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]