RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < ... 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,09:39   

Quote (Patrick @ Aug. 30 2012,07:00)
Quote (Tracy P. Hamilton @ Aug. 30 2012,09:36)
Quote (paragwinn @ Aug. 29 2012,22:31)
Darwinist biochemistry can't teach you what Joe can teach you [UD link]:      
I see that Allan Miller has gone off of the edge- earth to Allan- there isn’t any physio-chemical connection between the nucleotide (codon) and the amino acid it represents- the codon does not become the amino acid via some chemical reaction.

Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the nucleotides. Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the tRNA and its amino acid. Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the amino acids in the polypeptide. And all of that is irrelevant to what I said.

Thanks, Joe, I was about to fall over the edge myself!

What Joe is trying to say in his IDiot way is that the code could have been different.  UUU could have been leucine instead of phenylalanine.  That is irrelevant as to whether the process of transcription is based on merely physics and chemistry.

So the argument is:

1.  We observe mapping A
2.  We can imagine other mappings
3.  . . .
4.  Therefore, Jesus!

Could you help me with step 3?

Underpants!

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,09:54   

Quote (Amadan @ Aug. 30 2012,09:33)
Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 30 2012,13:27)
Are you phobic of homodoxy?

Not at all. I have a particular fondness for doxies of all persuasions.

With regard to religion, I'm phyllophilic. Women of my religion have to  wear baklavas. Pastafarians are children of Satan.

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,09:57   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ Aug. 30 2012,17:31)
Quote (Tracy P. Hamilton @ Aug. 30 2012,08:36)

Quote (paragwinn @ Aug. 29 2012,22:31)
Darwinist biochemistry can't teach you what Joe can teach you [UD link]:            
I see that Allan Miller has gone off of the edge- earth to Allan- there isn’t any physio-chemical connection between the nucleotide (codon) and the amino acid it represents- the codon does not become the amino acid via some chemical reaction.

Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the nucleotides. Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the tRNA and its amino acid. Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the amino acids in the polypeptide. And all of that is irrelevant to what I said.

Thanks, Joe, I was about to fall over the edge myself!

What Joe is trying to say in his IDiot way is that the code could have been different.  UUU could have been leucine instead of phenylalanine.  

Don't think so ...he was explicitly responding to dr who's suggestion that life is chemistry. And it isn't because there is no chemical transformation turning nucleotide into acid...? "the codon does not become the amino acid via some chemical reaction."

Therefore information. Because acid gets stuck on one tRNA end and codon docks with the other, this causes the codon to 'mean' the acid. In like manner, my shoes 'mean' my hat, in a rather less tightly-constrained way.

If you think that train is a con then Gordo goes on about Shannon info and strings which probably means his shoes are too tight.

If I remember rightly no ID tard ever heard of Shannon until Dembski and his zero bit/ energy infinite wavelength jibber jabber.

Joe:

“Show us,” of course!

After years of failed attempts — the last one was to suggest clocks evolving in a simulation from gears, pivots and levers, from someone who did not understand how hard it is to cut a functional gear and to set up stable precision backing plates that support them — it is obvious that there are no good counter examples.

FUCK ME GORDO  how did GOD do it at the dawn of time 6000 years ago ?

Jews didn't get into manufacturing test tubes until the middle ages, everybody knows that.

Christ, glass didn't even exist then.

GORDO a GA is just that....a fucking algorithm not a fucking clockmaker you fucking TARD.

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,10:52   

Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 30 2012,10:05)
Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Aug. 30 2012,08:29)
So, we should have a favorite tard contest.  

PM me your vote for the most entertaining tard of the t.a.r.d. website UD commenters, or who have come here.  this covers most of the tards with two boundaries i think.

you don't have to talk about your vote publicly, it's just a game.  but wouldn't you like to know?

Vote for your tard and explain why this tard is your favorite in three sentences or less, send me a PM and in 10 days I will tally the votes.  

I want Gordon E. Mullings of Man Jack Heights Montserrat to know just how much we love him!  Or, don't love him!  Muah!

Does the choice have to be a current practitioner of tard, or can you vote for one that has either retired or turned recluse?

all time!  but, i do think that limiting to UD, ATBC or people who have visited here in the past would be best.  just to give us a common population

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,10:53   

I think KF has a fantasy that all the cocks on the planet are on fire and his ass is the only candlesniffer in the world

--------------

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,11:23   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Aug. 30 2012,02:05)
Barry, being the fine upstanding citizen that he is wrote this:

A Gene @ 100.
You can’t give reasons that 9×9=81. You can only say the same thing in different words as KF did above.

Poor A Gene can't even say that - the silent bannhammer has descended.

EDIT: Oh yes, that was before A Gene told kf (in effect) that he couldn't argue that multiplication is repeated addition, because Barry had said one couldn't give reasons for it. He was sorely tempted to suggest Barry ban kf for this, but thought he might get banned himself. It was then his ironymeter started smoking.

Tardzicuos 13:23-24

Blessed be the debt collectors, for they harry the poor man and give them no peace. And should any many light a candle in my house, they will put it out, and cast him out, and say un to him: be silent in this house, for the flock has only one shepherd and are not beholden to the laws of your world.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,13:14   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 30 2012,15:54)
Women of my religion have to  wear baklavas.

How sweet! Even if slightly nuts.
Pastafarians are children of Satan.

Lord of the Lasagna Dish, save us from the Anticrust!

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,13:22   

i am looking forward to more blasts from the past, legends of t.a.r.d. long buried in the heap but still pungent when hauled back under the bright lights and big curtain

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,13:46   

More dreg trials from the constant tardner?

--------------
Any version of ID consistent with all the evidence is indistinguishable from evolution.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,13:59   

"who is your favorite tard of all time", so many have had such a long career of tardwatching, seems to me it is going to be fun.  i am sure that almost any tard you can think of has some kevin bacon type relationships with creationism so it seems that almost any poster, ever, could be fair game.

somewhere, in the dark corner of some smoky bar while men in suits dance with each other, gil dodgen wonders absentmindedly how many votes he will receive, as he plays chess with richard dawkins on the other side of his brain and his fingers play another one of jerry lee lewis's golden country gooduns, and gil wishes he were dead.

--------------

dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,14:21   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Aug. 30 2012,09:29)
So, we should have a favorite tard contest.  

PM me your vote for the most entertaining tard of the t.a.r.d. website UD commenters, or who have come here.  this covers most of the tards with two boundaries i think.

you don't have to talk about your vote publicly, it's just a game.  but wouldn't you like to know?

Vote for your tard and explain why this tard is your favorite in three sentences or less, send me a PM and in 10 days I will tally the votes.  

I want Gordon E. Mullings of Man Jack Heights Montserrat to know just how much we love him!  Or, don't love him!  Muah!

PM yourself, you magnificent bastard! You know who my vote is for.

--------------
I’m referring to evolution, not changes in allele frequencies. - Cornelius Hunter
I’m not an evolutionist, I’m a change in allele frequentist! - Nakashima

REC

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,23:30   

whaadafuqinhell?

Robert Byers August 30, 2012 at 10:07 pm
Axel.
my mom was a nurse too and I heard things about girls being stronger then boys too.
However perhaps its just poor analysis. More gorls then boys are born and so on.

Adam would of seen all creatures in male/female divisions and parts and so if he was the male one it would suggest to him a chick is coming.
Yet it seems he had no such idea.
So i suggest he was self reproducing and knew it.
So the “rib” was this organ taken away and so today we have no evidence of it.

I mean Adam had no beard because it was perfect in Eden and no threat from nature. Perhaps after he needed it.

The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.
Its rainy in europe but not asia/North America.
Animals in the tropics are very hairy also but not because its cold.
I see out hair growth as simply a reaction to moisture which the body, wrongly, interpreted as a threat to warmth. So we need deordant and have hair there uselessly. And so on.
It all indicates biological change comes from innate triggers but no grand strategy.
Its possible asian bodies represent the original look of post flood people below the neck.
Hairless.

Which of you is it this time......

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,00:05   

nubile hairless eskimos stay extra dry no wonder they are reproductively isolated from the real studs

--------------

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,01:54   

Quote (REC @ Aug. 31 2012,05:30)
whaadafuqinhell?

Axel.
my mom was a nurse too and I heard things about girls being stronger then boys too.
However perhaps its just poor analysis. More gorls then boys are born and so on.

Adam would of seen all creatures in male/female divisions and parts and so if he was the male one it would suggest to him a chick is coming.

I mean Adam had no beard because it was perfect in Eden and no threat from nature. Perhaps after he needed it.

The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.
I see out hair growth as simply a reaction to moisture which the body, wrongly, interpreted as a threat to warmth. So we need deordant and have hair there uselessly. And so on.
It all indicates biological change comes from innate triggers but no grand strategy.
Its possible asian bodies represent the original look of post flood people below the neck.
Hairless.

There was a time when I would have expected the UD Kommissariat to quietly shuffle Byers and his scrambled YEC on toast out of sight and earshot, like an alcoholic aunt who gets vocal at a funeral.

But Sal's thread showed that the Hovind sympathisers have taken over (or is it just that they've come out of the . . . oh sorry Gil! Didn't see you there!).

This is undoubtedly very positive for UD. Denial and pretence are unhealthy for the mind and soul. As good and charitable neighbours we should support and encourage UD in being more open about its feelings for others like it and affirming of it inborn identity. We must accept - indeed, celebrate - that some folks have no objection to, say, being in the same room as rational people, but just find the idea of thinking with them, well, icky.

As a start, we should at the very least help those nice people in Google understand that UncommonDescent.com is where the YEC thoughts and observations of Robert Byers are to be found.

Edited by Amadan on Aug. 31 2012,07:55

--------------
"People are always looking for natural selection to generate random mutations" - Densye  4-4-2011
JoeG BTW dumbass- some variations help ensure reproductive fitness so they cannot be random wrt it.

Freddie

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,02:23   

Quote (REC @ Aug. 30 2012,23:30)
whaadafuqinhell?

Axel.

Hairless.

Snagged that one, thanks ... actually, I think I could have equally chosen any sentence from that one and picked a winner!

--------------
Joe: Most criticisims of ID stem from ignorance and jealousy.
Joe: As for the authors of the books in the Bible, well the OT was authored by Moses and the NT was authored by various people.
Byers: The eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry. Not warm.

Soapy Sam

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,04:34   

whaadafuqinhell?

Axel.

Hairless.

Just beautiful. I'm gonna set it to music. Altogether now:

Ohhhhh... the eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry.

Scans brilliantly!

--------------
SoapySam is a pathetic asswiper. Joe G

BTW, when you make little jabs like “I thought basic logic was one thing UDers could handle,†you come off looking especially silly when you turn out to be wrong. - Barry Arrington

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,06:45   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ Aug. 31 2012,12:34)
whaadafuqinhell?

Axel.

Hairless.

Just beautiful. I'm gonna set it to music. Altogether now:

Ohhhhh... the eskimo would not need hairy hair growth as hair, I say, is for keeping people dry.

Scans brilliantly!

Isn't Gordo bald?

That would explain why he's so wet.

AT LAST!!!! ID makes a testable prediction.

ID predicts baldness through umbrella use (or not), and since we all know where they are generally made also predicts dryness in Ulan Bator.

ID-ers grab your clipboards!!

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit

fusilier

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,07:51   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Aug. 30 2012,14:59)
{snip}

somewhere, in the dark corner of some smoky bar while men in suits dance with each other, gil dodgen wonders absentmindedly how many votes he will receive, as he plays chess with richard dawkins on the other side of his brain and his fingers play another one of jerry lee lewis's golden country gooduns, and gil wishes he were dead.

You should submit that to the next Bulwer-Lytton contest.

ETA - who plays him in the movie?  Johnny Depp?  Mel Gibson?  Clint Eastwood?

--------------
fusilier
James 2:24

Amadan

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,07:59   

Quote (fusilier @ Aug. 31 2012,13:51)
{snip}

This guy:

--------------

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,08:38   

Quote (Amadan @ Aug. 31 2012,15:59)
Quote (fusilier @ Aug. 31 2012,13:51)
{snip}

This guy:

That guy has a big banana in his pocket.

Is his name Ray Comfort?

...anyways its still a fallacy.

--------------

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,09:47   

Quote (fusilier @ Aug. 31 2012,05:51)
{snip}

Justin Bieber.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

Zachriel

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,10:00   

Quote (Amadan @ Aug. 31 2012,07:59)

This guy:

Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 30 2012,13:27)
Are you phobic of homodoxy?

Speaking of homo.

vjtorley: Professor Hampikian compounded his scientific errors with an egregious linguistic error that would have made a schoolboy of 50 years ago blush with shame. He evidently believes that the Latin word homo means a man, and in his article, he chided 18th century scientists for their “masculine bias” in giving our species the name, Homo sapiens. But the word homo doesn’t mean “man.” It means “human being.” The Latin word for man is vir (as in virile).

Homo means man or mankind in Latin, and can be gender neutral as in ad hominem, or not, as in Ecce Homo!, related to humus, of the earth. Vir is a virtuous manly creature, from vires for strength.

(Homo in Greek is an unrelated term for same.)

Edited by Zachriel on Aug. 31 2012,10:02

--------------

You never step on the same tard twice—for it's not the same tard and you're not the same person.

Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,10:01   

only one person can play that role

--------------

midwifetoad

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,11:19   

As usual the humorless VJ misses a devil's advocate theme. He blows it on several fronts. If he had googled the history of the term homo sapiens he might have found support for the non gender neutral interpretation.

Second, it is a fact that lots of people have been raised without fathers. The article doesn't claim that fatherhood is useless, just not necessary.

Third, the use of frozen sperm would or could restore the male population. The article mentions disappearance rather than permanent extinction.

Forth, VJ conveniently omits mention of species that have already eliminated males, not to menton some where males appear to be optional.

All that bloviating to argue points that are both untrue and unamusing regarding an essay that was intended as educational entertainment.

--------------

Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,13:28   

Quote (midwifetoad @ Aug. 31 2012,11:19)
As usual the humorless VJ misses a devil's advocate theme. He blows it on several fronts. If he had googled the history of the term homo sapiens he might have found support for the non gender neutral interpretation.

Second, it is a fact that lots of people have been raised without fathers. The article doesn't claim that fatherhood is useless, just not necessary.

Third, the use of frozen sperm would or could restore the male population. The article mentions disappearance rather than permanent extinction.

Forth, VJ conveniently omits mention of species that have already eliminated males, not to menton some where males appear to be optional.

All that bloviating to argue points that are both untrue and unamusing regarding an essay that was intended as educational entertainment.

Oh man...speaking of howlers...

After all this time reading this kind of "analysis" from creationists I can't help but wonder: do they intentionally ignore context or are they just unable to discern it? Is Torley specifically making up a strawman to attack here or is legitimately riled by a set of statements he thought were actually being made and just doesn't understand Hampikian's actual meaning? It's hard to tell, but I'm leaning more towards the latter explanation as it explains why they think the bible should be read as literal.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,15:11   

Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 27 2012,09:35)
ha ha ha .... brilliant, KF you are the best!

In addition, are you aware that one of these denizens has operated a photography business that openly posts NSW pictures, including of a suspiciously youthful young miss whom the then deputy commissioner of police here estimated to be 16 YO at most (never mind that person’s assertion that she was 23). And yes, operators and denizens of said site, I spoke with both the Police and the Attorney general’s Office here.

You gotta read the whole screed - it's a tsumani of spittle.  Melt-down Monday!

Dear Gordon E. Mullings,

Bring it, bitch.

--------------
“Why do creationists have such a hard time with commas?

Linky“. ~ Steve Story, Legend

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,15:13   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Aug. 27 2012,12:47)
Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 27 2012,08:35)

In addition, are you aware that one of these denizens has operated a photography business that openly posts NSW pictures, including of a suspiciously youthful young miss whom the then deputy commissioner of police here estimated to be 16 YO at most (never mind that person’s assertion that she was 23). And yes, operators and denizens of said site, I spoke with both the Police and the Attorney general’s Office here.

NSW photos? I guess kf would prefer NT photos.

But not if they're of Darwin, obviously.

He's just mad that there aren't enough penises for his ...taste.

--------------

Patrick

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,15:23   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Aug. 31 2012,16:13)
Quote (Bob O'H @ Aug. 27 2012,12:47)
Quote (Freddie @ Aug. 27 2012,08:35)

NSW photos? I guess kf would prefer NT photos.

But not if they're of Darwin, obviously.

He's just mad that there aren't enough penises for his ...taste.

Lou FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,15:45   

Here's the thing, Gordy. You seriously believe I'm shooting models who are underage. You are in possession of those photos. That makes you the possessor of child pornography, despite the fact that the models are not underage. You're a sick fuck.

Want to hash this out in civil court, or criminal? I'm game, either way.

--------------

Doc Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 31 2012,16:31   

Quote (Lou FCD @ Aug. 31 2012,15:45)
I'm game, either way.

And Gordo is gamey.  Either way.

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < ... 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]